Author Topic: FIFA 18  (Read 47613 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: FIFA 18
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2017, 11:13:01 am »
I'll be honest, I probably will get it despite my ramblings but that's down to playing Pro Clubs with my friends, that's my maind raw to the game.

Yea same as. I like to play UT, but after 2 games of it with the lag, I cant take any more. Its just so unplayable. Yet 9999/10000 games there is no lag on Pro Clubs!?

I do get annoyed at the AI and gameplay at times and it doesn't improve, Pro Clubs AI for defense is either very good or just diabolical, sometimes you press right and throught ball (triangle) and it goes down or across, it's fucking mental how it does what it wants at times instead of what you ask for

Yes yes yes x1000! Glad Im not alone in that. I know its happened with other people I play with, but I seem to get it a lot. Or you put loads of power on for a great diagonal through ball and the c*nt kicks its 6 yards ahead...waaaargh.

but there's little choice and I can't get Pro Evo if all my mates get FIFA 18.... EA have us by the balls!!  :'(

And thats the crux isnt it. Its not even a choice between the two as as you say, unless your mates get the same game your fucked!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2017, 06:58:53 pm »
Trailer is boss, so the gameplay will typically be shite.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2017, 08:01:42 pm »
Honestly, if we could just combine the Pes gameplay with Ultimate team I probably would not play anything else for the entire year.
Or just combine the Seasons gameplay with UT instead of having 100mph arcade garbage with multiple 30 yarders every game.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2017, 08:01:36 am »
Some leaked footage of a 5 a side/fifa street mode. Please be true :D

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2017, 12:15:40 am »
Finally got a pc that can game again. Debating if I wanna get FIFA 18 or FM 2018... Had FM 16 and couldn't get into it much - was on a shit computer but it was just overwhelming amounts of work. HOWEVER my time is majorly limited (two little kids now) and I'm thinking Fifa 18 will take me too long to get any good at again (been almost 3 years since I've played now).... what to do what to do.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 5, 2017, 06:33:59 pm »
They've put out 100-81 on the top 100 rated players, Mane is rated 84

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #86 on: September 5, 2017, 06:42:10 pm »
Salah 84 too, I think.

We'll be the pace whores choice of team this year.
AHA!

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #87 on: September 7, 2017, 02:06:04 pm »
Wonder if they have updated Anfield for the new stand.

Bet they still have Liverpool kicking into the Anfield Road End as usual in the 2nd half. I mean games in the SNES could have a coin toss to select you end why not a game in 2017

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 7, 2017, 04:58:02 pm »
Wonder if they have updated Anfield for the new stand.

Bet they still have Liverpool kicking into the Anfield Road End as usual in the 2nd half. I mean games in the SNES could have a coin toss to select you end why not a game in 2017

Saw some lfc gameplay and the main stand is updated, can't remember which half we kicked off to though.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 7, 2017, 05:00:44 pm »
The game looks amazing until they kick off.

It's clear from watching the gameplay it's still on rails.

And for some reason the ball looks tiny.

Please EA, fix the important part.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2017, 12:03:31 am »
Demo out tomorrow.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2017, 08:01:48 am »
Been playing the Pes demo, it's far too easy to play through balls and get in behind, and there is nothing about it that stands out. FIFA for me.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2017, 11:07:19 am »
Ratings:

Coutinho LW 86
Mane LW 84
Salah RW 83
Firmino ST 83
Matip CB 83
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2017, 02:25:23 pm »
Read the demo is out at 6pm GMT.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2017, 03:01:48 pm »
Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG, LA Galaxy, Toronto FC

All playable on the demo.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »
Can is 79 rated, wtf EA?

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2017, 09:55:03 pm »
Can is 79 rated, wtf EA?
They've done us dirty this FIFA, Matip has lost 5 pace somehow.
Swear they just use a random number generator to determine everyones stats

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2017, 07:25:16 am »
Played demo a bit. it feels like fifa 17.1

Its way too fast. there is no real new gameplay features. are we supposed to be impressed with player likeness motions? ronaldo animation looks silly, no way they invested much time in that. you can say samething about whole game.

EA getting lazy every year. all they care about is FUT cash cow. 

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2017, 08:20:02 am »
They've done us dirty this FIFA, Matip has lost 5 pace somehow.
Swear they just use a random number generator to determine everyones stats

Where are you guys getting the stats for Liverpool players from?

Weren't only Mané (84) and Coutinho (86) under the top 100 players that EA released?

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2017, 08:24:54 am »
Where are you guys getting the stats for Liverpool players from?

Weren't only Mané (84) and Coutinho (86) under the top 100 players that EA released?
Some of the FIFA Youtubers and Streamers got to go to a capture event in London and theyre releasing videos and stuff! They're opening FUT packs so people got the ratings from them!

Check Futwiz.com for the latest players!

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2017, 09:55:00 am »
Played two matches and deleted it. Wasn't quite sure what it was but it felt like shit. They harp on about intuitive gameplay and your forwards making clever off-the-ball runs but I didn't see it at all. I complain but I'll still buy it but only due to wanting to play as Huddersfield in career mode now that they're finally in the PL.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2017, 10:43:07 am »
Had a quick game this morning.

It's strange, it does feel different to 17 in the fact that there are actually midfield battles now, but your players tend to take a second to think about the action you want compared to the AI who can get the full length of the field in about two seconds.

The jostling is broken on the demo aswell, can't seem to win a header.

I'll probably pick it up like as I did enjoy the match I had.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2017, 10:53:30 am »
Had a quick game this morning.

It's strange, it does feel different to 17 in the fact that there are actually midfield battles now, but your players tend to take a second to think about the action you want compared to the AI who can get the full length of the field in about two seconds.

The jostling is broken on the demo aswell, can't seem to win a header.

I'll probably pick it up like as I did enjoy the match I had.
There are midfield battles in the demo every year. Then when the games comes out it's back to normal.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2017, 12:11:03 pm »
Can is 79?

Gueye is 83, Klaasen 82, Barkley 81...

Freaking EA!
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2017, 12:31:26 pm »
Some of the FIFA Youtubers and Streamers got to go to a capture event in London and theyre releasing videos and stuff! They're opening FUT packs so people got the ratings from them!

Cheers! Interesting: Compared to FIFA 17, Migs and Gini have gone up by 1 (OVR), Mané up by 2, Karius down by 2, Sturridge down by 1, most of the rest stayed exactly the same.

Can is 79?

Freaking EA!

I believe there's usually a squad update on release day that ups many of the stats (taking early season form into account). Can is definitely a contender.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2017, 12:35:15 pm »
Cheers! Interesting: Compared to FIFA 17, Migs and Gini have gone up by 1 (OVR), Mané up by 2, Karius down by 2, Sturridge down by 1, most of the rest stayed exactly the same.

Freaking EA!

I believe there's usually a squad update on release day that ups many of the stats (taking early season form into account). Can is definitely a contender.
Not with Ultimate team though, the only update they do for stats is mid season when they realize that they fucked up most of the stats  ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2017, 02:13:16 pm »

Ahhh. Was wondering about Mbappe at PSG, why he wasnt there.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2017, 07:53:57 pm »
Best place to pre order from to get it early?

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2017, 10:13:56 pm »
Best place to pre order from to get it early?

Shopto or Simplygames.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline murphs316

• Kopite
  • 5 Star Heros to 7 Hit Wonders
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2017, 03:11:23 pm »
Joys of EA Access i will wait and download it then and try the 10 hours trial and then wait until next April when it is on there to play it

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2017, 01:59:55 am »
The more I play this, the more i'm loving it.

The graphics really are incredibly, and some of the new animations are so fluid in transition it's fantastic.

Loving the celebration where the fans are involved at the beenabeu aswell, run just behind the goal upto the hoardings and the fans are there to hug the players sometimes.

Offline Cayhnos

• Kemlynite
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2017, 10:32:55 am »
Same crap as FIFA 17. The same issues, the same moronic AI. Glad they release a demo so I don't have to buy it. Horrific game series.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2017, 10:48:20 am »
The AI is mind numbingly  boring to play against,  once again.  Infurating that I might have to buy two football games,  FIFA for online and PES for offline,  both refuse to fix their weaknesses.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2017, 11:54:18 am »
The AI is mind numbingly  boring to play against,  once again.  Infurating that I might have to buy two football games,  FIFA for online and PES for offline,  both refuse to fix their weaknesses.
This is what I did last year, not so bothered with online this time around though. Fifa 17 was one of the most unrewarding games I've ever played.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2017, 10:03:47 am »
Those cutscenes on career mode is so pointless, why not focus on making it more realistic? Saw a video earlier where Messi went for £92 million. In the real world, that wouldn't even buy you his right leg. And how about introducing a new feature where if you win the league or a cup you actually get rewarded instead of having an email in your inbox saying board has granted extra funds? Urgh so frustrating.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2017, 08:15:40 pm »
I actually like it, definitely better offline then past FIFA's, ridiculously easy though won 6-0 being city against Real on legendary .

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2017, 08:32:29 pm »

Yeah, it's ridiculous after all these years that West Brom AI play the same way as Arsenal AI. God knows how people play offline only.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2017, 08:37:14 pm »
Infurating that I might have to buy two football games,  FIFA for online and PES for offline,  both refuse to fix their weaknesses.

That'll teach them not to fix their game. ;D

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2017, 07:33:50 am »
For those interested, you can start FUT on the FIFA 18 Web App!

If you're on Xbox you can also play 10 hours of FIFA 18 now with EA Access!

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2017, 10:43:04 am »
anywhere doing early release or pre order?