Author Topic: Dark Souls III  (Read 7434 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dark Souls III
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 02:52:30 pm »
Anyone notice anything new in there, other than improved visuals?

Magic has a bar (called fp) now instead of being limited to uses, the bar is also used for unique attacks for each weapon which I've not tried out yet and the fp cost varies depending on the weapon

Edit: two hand a weapon and press l2/lt to enter the stance for skill attacks then use the normal attack buttons

You also get 2 estus flasks now, one for health and one for fp which you pick up in the tutorial area, you can allot estus charges at the blacksmith so for instance if you're not using magic you can put all the charges into your health flask, if you're using a magic build then you may need to balance things out depending on how much fp your spells use and if you think you're gonna need to recharge your fp, seems a good system as you get 3 charges in your health flask and one in the fp flask to start with, I've found the first shard so have all 5 charges in my health flask
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:15:10 pm by FiSh77 »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »
At what I assume is the second boss in the undead settlement

Spoiler
the big bastard tree keeps killing me, hits like an absolute truck and knocks you down for ages.

Feel like I'm a bit unsure what I'm doing at the moment, just randomly exploring the village and found this guy. Is he a Lord of cinder? Is he my objective? Not too sure
[close]
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 11:09:17 pm »
At what I assume is the second boss in the undead settlement

Spoiler
the big bastard tree keeps killing me, hits like an absolute truck and knocks you down for ages.

Feel like I'm a bit unsure what I'm doing at the moment, just randomly exploring the village and found this guy. Is he a Lord of cinder? Is he my objective? Not too sure
[close]
Hmmmm, interesting.  I haven't got to where you are (or seen how to) yet but I've fought my second boss, which isn't what you're describing.

I've noticed that fire bombs are a lot more liberal in this game to previous ones, including being relatively cheap to buy.  Not too hard to have the full 99 in your inventory before too long and that's a welcome decision given
Spoiler
how those mutating enemies keep respawning and they respond well to Ye Olde Molotov in the face.
[close]
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 03:53:13 pm »
Finally decided to bite the bullet and started upgrading a weapon.  Gone with the Claymore +3 on my Strength build but really wishing I had more ranged attack potential, which means I'm going to either need to invest in Intelligence or Dex if I want to stick with the bow.  Not hitting very hard with my current stats and I'm loathe to put souls there as things are starting to get expensive.

So yeah, I guess what I'm saying is, it's a Souls game.  ;D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 03:59:53 pm »
Bought a Heal spell, forgot I need some chime to use it, dope!
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2016, 04:49:54 pm »
Bought a Heal spell, forgot I need some chime to use it, dope!

i picked a chime up somewhere early game, not 100% sure where but don't think it was a random drop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2016, 05:34:00 pm »
i picked a chime up somewhere early game, not 100% sure where but don't think it was a random drop
And if you can't find one then the handmaid in the Shrine sells a talisman for 500 souls.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 01:20:46 pm »
Is this worth picking up then? Tempted to grab it tonight.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 02:34:56 pm »
Is this worth picking up then? Tempted to grab it tonight.
Yes, Miyazaki's final Souls game. It is like the others. That alone should be enough (Only played DS2 and BB).
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2016, 02:37:55 pm »
Finally decided to bite the bullet and started upgrading a weapon.  Gone with the Claymore +3 on my Strength build but really wishing I had more ranged attack potential, which means I'm going to either need to invest in Intelligence or Dex if I want to stick with the bow.  Not hitting very hard with my current stats and I'm loathe to put souls there as things are starting to get expensive.

So yeah, I guess what I'm saying is, it's a Souls game.  ;D
Still pondering which weapon to upgrade. Running with the Deep Battle Axe infused with Dark that you get off the Mimic chest. Found the Claymore to be a bit unwieldy. I like the speed and small stuttering power of axe's. Going STR build and will go for Pyro for ranged.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 08:57:13 pm »
Yes, Miyazaki's final Souls game. It is like the others. That alone should be enough (Only played DS2 and BB).

Cheers mate ended up picking it up earlier.

Been on it over an hour and still can't get past the first boss who you bump into within the first 10 mins!

Edit: Just about did it!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:00:13 pm by 'Mondzz' »
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2016, 12:50:19 am »
Bought it on steam for PC, looked good but i felt it didn't play good, not least because the whole thing felt i was playing a PS4 with inferior visuals and showing me to hit a target i have to press Y + RB

Got my money back after 2 hours of gameplay

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2016, 08:23:36 am »
About six hours in. Thought it's been great so far. Just surprised that I seem to have gotten pretty far but only fought two bosses.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2016, 09:00:37 am »
Cheers mate ended up picking it up earlier.

Been on it over an hour and still can't get past the first boss who you bump into within the first 10 mins!

Edit: Just about did it!
Took me a while too... In fact much harder then the next proper boss. I think he is a sort of training boss for players who have not played Souls games before.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2016, 04:49:17 pm »
FINALLY beat the 3rd boss

Spoiler
Heading into some swamp area now with huge fucking crabs that keep wiping the floor with me. Thrown all my souls into strength and health so i'm a monster against normal mobs.

Worth getting more stamina? I run out fairly quickly
[close]

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2016, 05:44:17 pm »
FINALLY beat the 3rd boss

Spoiler
Heading into some swamp area now with huge fucking crabs that keep wiping the floor with me. Thrown all my souls into strength and health so i'm a monster against normal mobs.

Worth getting more stamina? I run out fairly quickly
[close]
Hell yeah! I always pour souls into only vitality and endurance  untill about Soul level 30 something, then move to dex, strength, intelligence, Faith depending on what character you're making.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:01:26 pm by Living Legends »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »
Hell yeah! I always pour souls into only vitality and endurance  untill about Soul level 30 something, then move to dex, strength, intelligence, Faith depending on what character you're making.

Ahh I should probably get on my stamina then!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2016, 08:57:48 pm »
If you ever need or want help to finish Dark Souls give me a shout! :wave

Alright LL. Not chatted to you since I was well into Dark Souls

I was REALLY enjoying the game but had to give up as I simply couldn't beat bosses Ornstein and Smough. It almost reduced me to tears and that's not good for a grown man to feel like crying over a video game.

I watched YouTube vids and everything but just couldn't beat them.

I want to resume it though as it really was a good game.

Any good advice for defeating O&S mate?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2016, 12:40:37 am »
Hey Pete, was wondering if you ever finished it  :)

Well, you could summon help for it...ie online Co op which is great!

But if you really want to stay offline. There's an npc you can summon to help you, Solaire. When fighting them concentrate on attacking just one. Use the pillars as a shield and just get one or two hits in, then back away. Don't get greedy cause then you're in trouble.

I'd be happy to help you if you want! Lemme know how it goes! :wave

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2016, 08:12:16 am »
Cheers LL. Lets continue this in the original Dark Souls Thread.

see you there :)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2016, 11:03:56 am »
Anyone play this on PS4, thinking of getting it, never played a DS game before though and was wondering how it works/if other players can help you (this summoning business) and so on...

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2016, 11:23:58 am »
yeah other players can help you, i've never really used the co op features much in any of the games including demon's souls and bloodborne as i'm that good ;)

in ds3 whoever is being summoned can set a password when they drop their summon sign if they want to help a specific player, if not they'll be summoned by a random player, the player who needs their help needs to be in ember form plus the boss of the area needs to be alive, also the soul level needs to be within 10 of each other plus i think there's some other limitations regarding weapon upgrade level and something to do with not being able to do co op with rival covenants (not 100% sure on that)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2016, 12:27:08 pm »
yeah other players can help you, i've never really used the co op features much in any of the games including demon's souls and bloodborne as i'm that good ;)

in ds3 whoever is being summoned can set a password when they drop their summon sign if they want to help a specific player, if not they'll be summoned by a random player, the player who needs their help needs to be in ember form plus the boss of the area needs to be alive, also the soul level needs to be within 10 of each other plus i think there's some other limitations regarding weapon upgrade level and something to do with not being able to do co op with rival covenants (not 100% sure on that)

I have no idea what any of that means but thank you haha :)

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2016, 03:52:18 pm »
The password thing works great, tried it yesterday with a guy in Florida. Saw his sign as soon as he placed it multiple times.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2016, 01:06:48 pm »
This game is something else  :)
Got to the catacombs last night, fun times ahead!  ;D

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2016, 03:13:05 am »
LL you playing on PC? Got me Knight and Warrior up to Farron and Cat Deep bosses. Gonna sort out the Dark Sigil hollow questline with Tower Key. Then do Bosses week off. Enjoying it, a compendium of past Souls games as you would expect, with a nod the Bloodborne. No other game quite draws me in and obsesses like a Souls game. Perfection. Can't wait for Miyazaki's next project.

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2016, 12:13:00 pm »
Never played a Dark Souls game before, the only game I feel may be similar is Witcher 3, and I loved that. Reckon I'll like this?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2016, 01:42:23 pm »
Never played a Dark Souls game before, the only game I feel may be similar is Witcher 3, and I loved that. Reckon I'll like this?

The combat of the Witcher 3 has similarities to this, but this is a much less forgiving game for sure.

If you're prepared to die a lot and have a lot of patience, you will enjoy the hell out of it as the feeling of accomplishment you get from "Souls" games are unmatched.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2016, 01:49:05 pm »

It's got a couple similarities in the genre and combat but there's some huge differences. This is open world but it doesn't really have the massive open continent you ride around in for Witcher 3. More like you walk around haunted towns and swamps, with mobs that can easily kill you around each tree. It's a lot less story driven (on the surface at least), and there's not much dialogue. Plus the difficulty is rock hard.

It's a great game though, if you don't mind dying i'd definitely still recommend

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2016, 04:16:46 pm »
LL you playing on PC? Got me Knight and Warrior up to Farron and Cat Deep bosses. Gonna sort out the Dark Sigil hollow questline with Tower Key. Then do Bosses week off. Enjoying it, a compendium of past Souls games as you would expect, with a nod the Bloodborne. No other game quite draws me in and obsesses like a Souls game. Perfection. Can't wait for Miyazaki's next project.

No mate PS4...I haven't really got a clue as to what's going on in the game  :) nothing new with a souls game at the start I guess though...
I could look everything up online and find out of course, but I dont want to as I am enjoying all the WTF moments around each and every corner  ;D
I'm quite sure I've missed loads of things, but also found others by exploring and/or by accident. I'll stay in the Dark until I finish my first play through and then go out making new characters as ever I'd say.
And yes I cant wait to see where the series goes after this. But with such a huge global following I'd say it wont be too different, but you never can tell and that's the beauty of them  :wave
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:19:06 pm by Living Legends »

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2016, 04:44:32 pm »
Thanks might give it a go

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2016, 02:45:07 pm »
FINALLY beat those damn Abyss Watchers. Ended up using an Ember and getting help from some dude, he was powerful as fuck

Spoiler
Not sure whether to head deeper into that tunnel where I killed them, or go Cathedral of the Deep.

Any idea which is "easier"?
[close]

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 1, 2016, 09:31:41 am »
I think you should continue down...but the difficulty rises now. May the flames guide you! :)

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #73 on: May 4, 2016, 09:33:50 pm »
Found a bug :(
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2016, 02:14:33 pm »
This game is a beautiful monster  ;D

Offline Lodo-Vicus

• Main Stander
  • A Bastion of Invincibility
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2016, 08:03:31 am »
This game is awesome!

Dying so much but fuck it haha ;D

If you guys like this game- check out Dragons Dogma.
Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent.

Offline Lodo-Vicus

• Main Stander
  • A Bastion of Invincibility
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2016, 09:05:25 am »
So anyone got any decent builds?

I'm running with a Strength & Dexterity build with my Knight.
Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2016, 11:11:38 am »
So anyone got any decent builds?

I'm running with a Strength & Dexterity build with my Knight.

I have a faith Dex build that's nearly done. Its none too bad & fun!  :)

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2016, 11:11:14 am »
I've just picked this up, £12 in Tesco. Having only played one of the previous games fleetingly, I wasn't sure what to expect. It's a really good game, but oh my god, the learning curve. Steep doesn't do it justice!

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2017, 02:52:36 pm »
Game of the year edition is out now with the full game Plus the Two DLC's, and for £39 its a steal for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet...