Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor  (Read 15433 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:29 pm »
Yeah picking it up on Friday for the weekend. Microtransactions don’t really have too much of an impact from reviews/feedback I’ve read, it’s almost geared towards speeding up 100% completion as opposed to actually completing the story side of the game.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:46 pm »
Don't you have to do a lot of grinding or paying for loot boxes to see the ending of the game? At least that's what the likes of Him Sterling seem to be saying. Didn't really like the first one so not too fussed about this one...

Online Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2017, 10:50:32 am »
So - what's the verdict?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2017, 02:14:32 pm »
It's just more of the same of the first one really. If you loved that then you'll love this.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2017, 02:43:33 pm »
It's just more of the same of the first one really. If you loved that then you'll love this.
How long before that stops being the case?  ;D
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:17 pm »
Debating on getting this for PS4. I enjoyed the first one until I finished it, then never went back.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2017, 02:54:47 pm »
Debating on getting this for PS4. I enjoyed the first one until I finished it, then never went back.
To be fair though, 30 odd hours solid entertainment for £30 is still really good value, especially when you don't even need to leave your living room.

Too invested in D2 right now but I'll be on this for sure in a month or so...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2017, 02:55:50 pm »
To be fair though, 30 odd hours solid entertainment for £30 is still really good value, especially when you don't even need to leave your living room.

Too invested in D2 right now but I'll be on this for sure in a month or so...

Yeah true it's not a bad investment. Do I want to start another game right now...

Debate debate.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2017, 02:59:19 pm »
Yeah true it's not a bad investment. Do I want to start another game right now...

Debate debate.
That's pretty much where I live constantly....."does my life have room for another game right now?"

I recently managed to slip in Dying Light and The Division in between the Destiny life invasion. Fuck nose what I'll do when something comes along I really want to play like Anthem.....what ever happens I doubt my GF will be too impressed lol

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2017, 03:00:47 pm »
That's pretty much where I live constantly....."does my life have room for another game right now?"

I recently managed to slip in Dying Light and The Division in between the Destiny life invasion. Fuck nose what I'll do when something comes along I really want to play like Anthem.....what ever happens I doubt my GF will be too impressed lol

Yeah i'm stuck on Diablo 3 and grinding that out, although not much movement on that until after Blizzcon so probably got a month of gaming to spare. Might be a good gap filler until then.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2017, 03:39:53 pm »
I was debating until my mate just said stop sitting on the fence, you loved the first one you’ll love this, so bought it yesterday! Won’t be able to play it until 2moro but other than the match, I’ll be sat on the PS4 all weekend!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2017, 03:41:56 pm »
I was debating until my mate just said stop sitting on the fence, you loved the first one you’ll love this, so bought it yesterday! Won’t be able to play it until 2moro but other than the match, I’ll be sat on the PS4 all weekend!
Surely you'd be better off on the sofa?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2017, 03:53:25 pm »
Surely you'd be better off on the sofa?

Online Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2017, 10:33:05 am »

And what about the microtransactions?
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2017, 11:15:01 am »
Yeah picking it up on Friday for the weekend. Microtransactions don’t really have too much of an impact from reviews/feedback I’ve read, it’s almost geared towards speeding up 100% completion as opposed to actually completing the story side of the game.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2017, 01:00:03 pm »
Bought it yesterday played for a few minutes while I had some time, so far seems exactly like the first one. Decent though. Only done 1 mission though.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2017, 01:22:02 pm »
Only played for a few hours so I didn't really get far enough to encounter that crap. Truth be told, I kinda got bored already cos it's pretty much exactly like the first. They haven't really introduced any new mechanics or anything.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2017, 07:13:38 pm »
Don't you just accept the term at the start without clicking the tickbox to have no micro transactions anyway?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2017, 08:45:44 pm »
Really enjoying it so far.

An evolution of the first game, good storyline. I like Tolkien so it's a winner.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2017, 02:19:19 am »
Does anyone play this on PS4?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2017, 09:41:55 am »
Yeah I’ve got it on PS4. Also enjoying it so far, just unlocked a few more regions now it’s good fun.

Online Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:37 am »
Will it benefit me to finish the first one before starting this?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2017, 11:37:30 am »
Does anyone play this on PS4?

Yep.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2017, 11:37:53 am »
Yep.

Will it benefit me to finish the first one before starting this?

Not particularly but you might as well...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2017, 01:25:08 pm »
Yep.

Nevermind figured it out, couldn't get how to kill the Captains when that mini game comes up when you're about to kill them. Push "button" but doesn't say when to push it, outside the circle, inside the circle, right when it gets to the circle, frustrating as hell.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »
Aren't we playing Celebrimbor tomorrow night in the Champions League?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2017, 03:05:00 pm »
Aren't we playing Celebrimbor tomorrow night in the Champions League?

See what you did there  ;)

Nevermind figured it out, couldn't get how to kill the Captains when that mini game comes up when you're about to kill them. Push "button" but doesn't say when to push it, outside the circle, inside the circle, right when it gets to the circle, frustrating as hell.

Yeah as soon as it reaches inside the circle. You can later unlock a perk where you can execute the person if you time it perfectly (excluding captains).

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2017, 03:09:31 pm »
Yeah as soon as it reaches inside the circle. You can later unlock a perk where you can execute the person if you time it perfectly (excluding captains).

Yeah took a lot of trial and error, lots of captains getting away and me dying.