Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by nerdster4 on Today at 06:05:17 am »
I still love watching us despite the way this season is ending . There are so many positives like Bradley and Quansah emerging , Gomez’ reinvigorated form , Mac showing signs of being world class and Kelleher being so reliable .

What keeps me going is thinking about how we could improve further next season . I do worry deep down though that there are very few trophies left to collect until the City/Madrid domination subsides .

I think quadruple chasing is a bit of a disaster . It almost feels like one or two competitions need to be allocated entirely to fringe players if we are going to keep going in other ones.

Massive pre season ahead. Massive decisions I feel about lots of positions . A Dutch manager makes me think vvd will stay but we will see in relation to Trent and Salah. I have concerns about whether Robertson and Alisson can remain at the level they have shown for so long . Perhaps 200 million on the correct left back , DCM and versatile forward who can finish will be enough for another title challenge .
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 05:56:31 am »
Connections
Puzzle #322
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 05:52:28 am »
Daily Quordle 825
9️⃣7️⃣
6️⃣8️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ 🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜ 🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩 🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 05:47:41 am »
Wordle 1,044 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 05:43:30 am »
Strands #56
“Coming clean”
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🔵🟡🔵
The thing is you don't trust Nunez to do anything. You don't trust him to lead our attack, you don't trust him to counter attack and you don't trust him against a low block.

The thing is the stats don't back that up. For his two seasons at Liverpool he has been pretty much bang on a League goal every 180 minutes. So a goal every other game if he played the full 90 every week. So around 19 League goals per season despite not being a regular penalty taker for us.

At Benfica in his second season he scored a League goal every 76 minutes which is prolific.

So from the age of 21-24 he has scored a League goal every 123 minutes. So if he played 90 minutes in every game he would average out at just under 28 League goals per season from the age of 21-24.

Amazing how a player you wouldn't trust to play in an under 9's 5 a side has a record like that?

But he isn't scoring 19 league goals a season is he?! He has 20 league goals TOTAL between his two seasons.

The per90 stats don't work like that in reality do they? He's not playing 90mins every game, nobody does. And he's not scoring 19 league goals a season despite what the per90 stats claim, he's scoring an average of 10 goals a season.

What are we doing here? Seriously.

People are sacrificing actual factual output in favour of theoretical output and somehow claiming the high ground?

If Darwin's underlying numbers are so elite why aren't they translating to league goals? If they're so good why isn't he *actually* scoring more? If he doesn't have issues with putting the ball in the net why doesn't he have more than 9 league goals last year and 11 this? Bad luck? That's what all the analysis and incredibly detailed number crunching comes down to? Just bad luck? Not very scientific.

Could it perhaps be because, just possibly, just maybe, there are elements in his play that the numbers you're looking at aren't showing?Could it possibly be because they're interpretive but not necessarily 100% transferable to the reality of what we're actually seeing from him?
Not having a go at you but the term ‘lost the dressing room’ has to be one of the most inane phrases in football :lmao

But no, I highly doubt it. Althogh maybe an arugment could be made to the fact he hasn’t seemed his same engaged self at times in the last month and has looked like a man who can’t wait to get out at times, maybe that rubs off on the players too.

I think he's given everything he's got to give and there's nothing left. This is where the players, who he's really carried and owe a lot to him, pull their socks up and carry him and the club over the line. Players like Ali, VVD, Robbo, Trent, Salah have just been so far off it recently, that it's embarrassing. They need and must do better in the remaining games. I hope they can stand up and bring the younger or less experienced players with them.
John, we can only control what is in our influence, from the early start of the season we’ve been conceding and chasing games, not controlling games, but chasing games - that’s not sustainable for a campaign.
Sure you can argue refereeing decisions, every fan, team and club can and will do, but make no mistakes about it, our porous defence, our profligate tendencies in front of goal almost on a half by half basis, and even though we put in some solid numbers ( though the porous bit at the back meant we had to), we couldn’t sustain it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and on reflection, we’ve been walking a tightrope all season and we just haven’t really seen it and looking at some of the disharmony that has reared its head, maybe that’s what tipped us over on that precarious tightrope we’ve been on.

Some down souls out there today, regular faces you get a smile from, this time it was a shrug and an air disappointment, people still carrying Wednesday with them and many hitting the same notes - it wasn’t sustainable and we became predictable over these final 2 months.

A new brush sweeps clean, they say, and perhaps that’s what we need in both the playing and coaching staff.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Both the Egyptian one and the German one perhaps?

I think there'll be time to reflect at the end of the season. We've taken a number of knocks in the the recent weeks which have dented hopes. I hope the players can pick themselves up once again just for these last games and bring us some wins and go out with pride and courage and a bit of a bang
Villa's draw tonight means that our season has all but ended officially.

Time to play the kids.

I don't think the elite players look at it like that. It is entirely plausible that Tottenham and Man Utd could beat Arsenal in their home games, meaning that Arsenal end up with 83 points, which we still have a shout at beating. I think it's pretty much impossible that Man City will end up with less points than that, but stranger things have happened in the league.

The key thing is to not look at what's going on elsewhere. The players need to really buckle down and get 3 more wins under the belt to finish the season strongly. A new manager is going to be coming in, and for many players, their place at Liverpool is going to be under scrutiny. What better time to get themselves focussed and give it everything they've got?
Does anyone have the feeling that Klopp lost the changing room in the past month?
How else can you explain the attitude of the once mentality monsters who roamed Anfield?
Which led the total collapse of their performance.

Not having a go at you but the term ‘lost the dressing room’ has to be one of the most inane phrases in football :lmao

But no, I highly doubt it. Althogh maybe an arugment could be made to the fact he hasn’t seemed his same engaged self at times in the last month and has looked like a man who can’t wait to get out at times, maybe that rubs off on the players too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10