Author Topic: The Pyramids  (Read 75064 times)

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Pyramids
« Reply #240 on: October 4, 2017, 09:49:37 pm »
Just the two  of us.

We can move the rock if you try...
Just the two  of us
Just the two  of us
Building Pyramids in the Sky
Just the two  of us
You and I

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #241 on: October 4, 2017, 09:51:59 pm »
Gully's wife btw

Spoiler
[close]

I'll show her that.....be afraid, very.... ;D
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #242 on: October 4, 2017, 09:52:59 pm »
I'll show her that.....be afraid, very.... ;D

I make sure i'm on the other side of the world ;)

;D

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #243 on: October 4, 2017, 09:53:37 pm »
I make sure i'm on the other side of the world ;)

;D

She has skills. She'll find you....

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #244 on: October 4, 2017, 09:54:33 pm »
She has skills. She'll find you....

Hmmm now I am afraid, a body like that with the skills of Liam Neeson.

:-\

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #245 on: October 4, 2017, 09:54:51 pm »
That's the thing, I don't know.

But it took a great mind to plan it, and great skill to execute it.

I'm basing the time scale on what 'experts' have told us. They did all this using primitive tools. So, it either took a hell of a lot longer than 20 years, or the tools they used were not so primitive.

Speaking of man power, imagine how inconvenient it would be having hundreds or even thousands of people trying to manoeuvre one block into place. 

How big do you think a two tonne block is?

Limestone has a density if around 2500 kg/m3. 1000kg = 1 tonne. So a two tonne block will be less than 1m x 1m x 1m. That’s not enormous and the idea that you’d need hundreds (or thousands!) of people to move one block is utterly ridiculous.

Just for comparison - a standard pallet of bricks weighs about 1.7 tonnes. You've admitted you have no idea what you’re talking about. What’s annoying is you haven’t done the most basic checks on the nonsense you’re spouting.

A thousand men to move one pallet of bricks? Really?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #246 on: October 4, 2017, 09:56:00 pm »
I'm basing the time scale on what 'experts' have told us.

Chris Jericho?

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #247 on: October 4, 2017, 09:57:48 pm »
Gully's wife btw

Spoiler
[close]
Id follow this buns up a hill as well as the half tonne rock

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #248 on: October 4, 2017, 09:58:18 pm »
Have you ever tried to move a rock?

I have.

It was around half a ton.

It took me a while but using a large iron bar as a lever and another rock as a fulcrum I was able to postion it on the blades of a heavy duty sack truck.

Levers are great, once you understand them they enable huge forces to be applied and with little effort.

I then pulled the sack truck up a slope in our garden around 75m  with only the assistance of my wife.

Just the two  of us.

Wheels and rollers are great too.

It took around 10 minutes.

Now think what a team of say 200 people could do.

There's no mystery involved, it's pretty straightforward.
Weightlifters can lift 1/4 tonne. It doesn't mean they can build 500 foot Pyramids in twenty years.

So straightforward that it's disputed, even among people that have spent their life studying it.

Could it be done, sure. Could it be done it twenty years? Absolutely delusional to think so.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #249 on: October 4, 2017, 09:59:03 pm »

I don't think it matters what we tell him, what accurate and demonstrable facts he's presented with, he's a closed mind with a immutable set of contarian beliefs.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #250 on: October 4, 2017, 09:59:44 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #251 on: October 4, 2017, 10:01:43 pm »
....even among people that have spent their life studying it.

I asked you yesterday for sources. Come on, give us some sources for all these claims of yours...

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 4, 2017, 10:02:45 pm »
How big do you think a two tonne block is?

Limestone has a density if around 2500 kg/m3. 1000kg = 1 tonne. So a two tonne block will be less than 1m x 1m x 1m. That’s not enormous and the idea that you’d need hundreds (or thousands!) of people to move one block is utterly ridiculous.

Just for comparison - a standard pallet of bricks weighs about 1.7 tonnes. You've admitted you have no idea what you’re talking about. What’s annoying is you haven’t done the most basic checks on the nonsense you’re spouting.

A thousand men to move one pallet of bricks? Really?

Again, I'm not doubting the ability to lift a two tonne block. As I've just said, individuals (the best) can do 1/4 of it.

But we're not talking about just picking up a block and lobbing it anywhere. We're talking about building an architectural masterpiece. Nothing we've built to this day compares to it.

I don't think it matters what we tell him, what accurate and demonstrable facts he's presented with, he's a closed mind with a immutable set of contarian beliefs.

Quite the opposite. You think that humanity of 2017 has all the answers. It doesn't.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #253 on: October 4, 2017, 10:05:03 pm »
I really don't get the shock, there are videos of individuals moving blocks 10 times the weight on their own (using similar methods they would have used during this period), so with the man power they had back then it's not a far cry.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 4, 2017, 10:08:44 pm »
I really don't get the shock, there are videos of individuals moving blocks 10 times the weight on their own (using similar methods they would have used during this period), so with the man power they had back then it's not a far cry.
Where are they moving these blocks? Are they moving them several hundred feet into the air?

Are they dragging them up and around a pyramid?

All in twenty years?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #255 on: October 4, 2017, 10:10:21 pm »

Just don't tell his that the biggest stone used on the Pyramid was 20+ tonnes

And for fucks sake don't show him this video

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E5pZ7uR6v8c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E5pZ7uR6v8c</a>
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #256 on: October 4, 2017, 10:12:48 pm »
Where are they moving these blocks? Are they moving them several hundred feet into the air?

All in twenty years?

Stop being deliberately ignorant.

I posted links yesterday giving plausible details of how they could be constructed.

You obviously haven't read them and probably don't want to read them and don't want to learn.

That's fine, it's your choice.

It's that sort of attitude that results in the likes of Trump being elected.

Well done.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: October 4, 2017, 10:13:27 pm »
Just don't tell his that the biggest stone used on the Pyramid was 20+ tonnes

And for fucks sake don't show him this video

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E5pZ7uR6v8c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E5pZ7uR6v8c</a>
Haha and this took him five minutes to do?

How high did he lift this block?

I could lift Chakan, it doesn't mean I could carry him several hundred feet into the air.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 4, 2017, 10:15:26 pm »
That's some excellent work. I'd be willing to believe all that stuff you labelled as gospel truth except why would the Martians want a Runcorn? Makes no sense at all.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 4, 2017, 10:17:18 pm »
Haha and this took him five minutes to do?

How high did he lift this block?

I could lift Chakan, it doesn't mean I could carry him several hundred feet into the air.

Anywhichwayucan. Daft drafter. "I'm just a clueless WUM." Would love to get in a room with an ostrich. Girlfriend in, a, comma. The meat in a Costa sandwich. Needs a damned good hand rub to really get bigger than three and half inches.

Seems that I was giving you too much credit.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #260 on: October 4, 2017, 10:18:53 pm »

All in twenty years?

There are guys who can pull planes ffs. No one was lifting blocks over their heads. I regularly pull weights of up to a tonne around at work once they have wheels, and I'm not particularly strong.

There were around 20000 men building it for 20 years! And they didn't get bank holidays.

Also, the guy who built it built 2 others. How old do you think he was when he started and when he finished all 3?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 4, 2017, 10:20:16 pm »
Stop being deliberately ignorant.

I posted links yesterday giving plausible details of how they could be constructed.

You obviously haven't read them and probably don't want to read them and don't want to learn.

That's fine, it's your choice.

It's that sort of attitude that results in the likes of Trump being elected.

Well done.

It could be constructed, I'm not disputing that, but not in twenty years, given the tools they supposedly used.

I have great time for you, you're an intelligent fella and I enjoy your posts. I'm not sure how comparing someone with questions about how the pyramids were built (which even the foremost experts argue over) equates to someone voting for an obvious charlatan.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: October 4, 2017, 10:21:42 pm »
We're talking 2,000,000 blocks, weighing an average of 2+ tonnes. In twenty years. Using 'primitive' tools.

Simply nonsense.

We're not talking about sacks of spuds. I don't think people appreciate the skill, ingenuity and TIME required to accomplish this.

So.... we are talking about time travelling humans. Interesting.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: October 4, 2017, 10:22:55 pm »
There are guys who can pull planes ffs. No one was lifting blocks over their heads. I regularly pull weights of up to a tonne around at work once they have wheels, and I'm not particularly strong.

There were around 20000 men building it for 20 years! And they didn't get bank holidays.

Also, the guy who built it built 2 others. How old do you think he was when he started and when he finished all 3?
20,000 men. A logistical nightmare.

If it's all so simple, why haven't any one you presented your methods?

It's still one of the great mysteries (apart from here on RAWK).

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 4, 2017, 10:23:36 pm »
Nothing we've built to this day compares to it.

Dread to think of the state of your house mate but mine is mucher nicer than a pyramid. If you ever go to London and see the shard it's going to blow your mind.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 4, 2017, 10:24:04 pm »

But we're not talking about just picking up a block and lobbing it anywhere. We're talking about building an architectural masterpiece. Nothing we've built to this day compares to it.

This guy is whooshing, right?

The number of documentaries that show how the pyramids were likely constructed are so numerous that to even challenge the basic concept is ridiculous.

I'm just going off memory of course, but if we're just talking about Egyptian pyramids, it's layers of blocks laid on top of one another, with the chambers and shafts shaped into the blocks as they're set.  The whole thing is held together by gravity and supported by the massive base.  For all their size, it is very straightforward. 

Ancient civilisations built them because if you wanted to build big that's all their technology allowed for - sliding blocks into place and stacking them on top of one another. There are no doubt details, but it's not like you're constructing a huge, self supporting tower, with complicated interiors and delicate carvings, like with the Anglican Cathedral.

20 years might seem a bit short I'll admit, but if conditions are right with no setbacks and good planning I imagine it is quite possible for a King, with an endless supply of workers and money, to get it done.  If there's a bad harvest or a drought then maybe it stretches to 30 years.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #266 on: October 4, 2017, 10:24:32 pm »
...I'm not sure how comparing someone with questions about how the pyramids were built (which even the foremost experts argue over) equates to someone voting for an obvious charlatan.

It's called studied ignorance.

It's a rejection of real experts opinions and a willingness to want to instead believe in alternative and non scientific or rational stuff.

And it's a peculiar sickness in society that unfortunately seems to be on the rise at the moment.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 4, 2017, 10:25:24 pm »
It's called studied ignorance.

It's a rejection of real experts opinions and a willingness to instead want to instead believe in alternative and non scientific or rational stuff.

And it's a peculiar sickness in society that unfortunately seems to be on the rise at the moment.
The same experts that dispute how they were built?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 4, 2017, 10:25:53 pm »
And I am clueless, just like everyone else is about Giza. I'm not trying to fool myself though.

No, no. We get that you find it effortless.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #269 on: October 4, 2017, 10:26:27 pm »
The same experts that dispute how they were built?

I've asked you twice  so I'll ask you again a third time now.

Quote these experts and with links ta.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: October 4, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »
Dread to think of the state of your house mate but mine is mucher nicer than a pyramid. If you ever go to London and see the shard it's going to blow your mind.
Thankfully my house was built using more than a copper chisel. No two tonne blocks either.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #271 on: October 4, 2017, 10:27:43 pm »
20,000 men. A logistical nightmare.

If it's all so simple, why haven't any one you presented your methods?

It's still one of the great mysteries (apart from here on RAWK).

20000 men working on a shared goal is the issue now?

Ever seen an army? Does it look disorganised to you?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 4, 2017, 10:29:17 pm »
I've asked you twice  so I'll ask you again a third time now.

Quote these experts and with links ta.
I've left it open ended.

Ring up and ask ANY architect and/or engineer about building the Great Pyramid of Giza and they'll hang up on you. Your choice, pick any in the world. You won't get it done it twenty years.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #273 on: October 4, 2017, 10:30:39 pm »
I've left it open ended.

Ring up and ask ANY architect and/or engineer about building the Great Pyramid of Giza and they'll hang up on you. Your choice, pick any in the world. You won't get it done it twenty years.

My brother in law is an architect. He says you're talking utter bollocks.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: October 4, 2017, 10:30:54 pm »
20000 men working on a shared goal is the issue now?

Ever seen an army? Does it look disorganised to you?

75,000 people work at Heathrow.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 4, 2017, 10:32:07 pm »
Thankfully my house was built using more than a copper chisel. No two tonne blocks either.

How about Dover Castle then? Or Chichen Itza. The Collusium? Or Petra? All equally impressive and they didn't have JCBs to help.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 4, 2017, 10:32:38 pm »
found this beeb documentary, part one of six.  You can find the rest on youtube.  I remember watching it when it first came out but it's about 15 years ago so it wont include any up to date information.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zwiic6BoleQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zwiic6BoleQ</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #277 on: October 4, 2017, 10:33:56 pm »
I've left it open ended.

Give us the quotes of these so called experts you have read or seen.

Go on.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: October 4, 2017, 10:34:54 pm »
My brother in law is an architect. He says you're talking utter bollocks.
Great.

What's his name? I'm assuming he's well known. Anyone that solved the mystery of how the Great Pyramid was built would be pretty well known...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #279 on: October 4, 2017, 10:35:45 pm »
Great.

What's his name? I'm assuming he's well known. Anyone that solved the mystery of how the Great Pyramid was built would be pretty well known...

Give us the quotes from your experts.

Come on, You're surely not afraid are you?