Author Topic: What Podcasts do you listen to?  (Read 152390 times)

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Re: What Podcasts do you listen to?
« Reply #1200 on: March 16, 2024, 11:26:28 am »
I can't listen to Al Murray.

I know as an actual person he's very clued up on WWII, but every time I hear him I'm reminded how unfunny pub landlord is

James Holland whenever I see him is always wearing field jackets or military fatigues, which annoys me somehow. You’re only talking about WW2 - you weren’t actually in it.

(I realise this is a deeply shallow reason to take against someone, especially someone who clearly does know his stuff and is reasonably engaging on the subject).

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1201 on: March 19, 2024, 03:50:33 pm »
The Rest is Entertainment with Ricard Osman

The guy is brilliant and is such a font of knowledge for all things TV related. Also he has such a great way of putting things. Really easy ad joyable listen.

I can't imagine how much he cost to do the podcast but he does seem like an expensive guy on a cheaper medium like podcasting.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1202 on: March 19, 2024, 07:39:26 pm »
53 minutes is a podcast about how Ali Dia got his premier league debut

Hosted by Josh Widecombe and Dara O'Brien, I have high expectations
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: March 20, 2024, 07:39:38 am »
The Upshot podcast is quite funny. They cover a different controversial sportsperson each week and give stories which you wouldn't generally hear in the mainstream media.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1204 on: March 20, 2024, 02:17:36 pm »
The Upshot podcast is quite funny. They cover a different controversial sportsperson each week and give stories which you wouldn't generally hear in the mainstream media.

Looks interesting, nice one Dave.

A similar one is Evil Genius, where they take a famous divisive person and discuss the good and bad of them
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: March 20, 2024, 03:38:58 pm »
Looks interesting, nice one Dave.

A similar one is Evil Genius, where they take a famous divisive person and discuss the good and bad of them

No worries. I won't say its a groundbreaking podcast but plenty of funny bits to help pass the time of day.

I struggle to find really interesting podcasts nowadays and feel the whole podcast world is over saturated. Take the Jason McAteer one from the previous page for example. I started to listen and thought I have heard all these stories before! The same people do the podcast circuit and talk about the same topics as if they are reading off a script. I just feel loads of podcasts I once enjoyed are just going through the motions to coin it in off the advertisers. Most of the podcasts I listen to nowadays are news/current affairs as at least they are somewhat fresh.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: March 25, 2024, 03:19:24 pm »
Can anyone clarify something for me.

Was listening to Beardsley on 'the rest is football' podcast and he was reminiscing about John Barnes' character, ability, skill etc. When he was doing this he kept saying "as you'd know Micah" and "as your aware Micah" or words to that effect.

Is there a link between Micah Richards and John Barnes I don't know about?