Author Topic: Direct Action: BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON BAD OWNERS?  (Read 7309 times)

Offline jjasonuk

• Looking for Mumbles on the Tottenham High Road.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Direct Action: BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON BAD OWNERS?
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:06:13 am »
I brought this subject up a while ago and I will raise it with SOS as well!

I think we should hold a whistle protest, cheap to get hold of, easy into a ground (home or away), ... BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON THE OWNERS?

Blowing whistles all game long (or even for set times in a game, whenever a keeper gets the ball, whatever... whistles all game if we have to),,, whistles can not be ignored on TV, they are heard they will be commented on all over the TV world.

This is direct action, every game, will get seen and heard on live TV (BBC, Sky etc, even if only highlights).

Maybe needs some black banners with "BLOWING THE WHISLTE ON THE OWNERS" style ideas (better people than me to come up with these ideas) but I think it really has potential?

Don't kill me guys but I think some audible effect to go with the black will do good?

Just imagine BBC and SKY (not to mention international TV) trying to explain the noise, having to explain why they can not broadcast normally, remember the hu-har the noise in the world cup caused - We could raise our profile and cause to another level.

On the previous discussion we were not sure we needed direct action.. NOW WE DO! we need to be heard, we need to make a stance, it's cheap, it's easy it will get attention!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:23:59 am by jjasonuk »
On April 15th, 1989, 96 people went to watch their favourite team play and never came home. With families grieving, the S*n newspaper printed lies about the survivors, and has never apologised.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
Re: Direct Action: BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON BAD OWNERS?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:26:13 am »
47 views not one comment no wonder Fat Scouser gets annoyed!
On April 15th, 1989, 96 people went to watch their favourite team play and never came home. With families grieving, the S*n newspaper printed lies about the survivors, and has never apologised.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 01:29:05 am »
nice try mate but dont think so.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 01:31:51 am »
nice try mate but dont think so.

Thanks for the detailed reply, I love the way you explain your thoughts and reasons why not (sorry for the sarcasm, I would love to have better ideas myself)

If nobody likes this I better keep the burning cars blocking access to the ground and superglued locks to banks and shops to myself!  (only joking... ;-) )
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:34:24 am by jjasonuk »

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 01:35:25 am »
Thanks for the detailed reply, I love the way you explain your thoughts and reasons why not (sorry for the sarcasm, I would love to have better ideas myself)

If nobody likes this I better keep the burning cars blocking access to the ground and superglued locks to banks and shops to myself!  (only joking... ;-) )

lol just think the main issue now is hurting them financially, which is why boycotting games is looking like the only option. we are past the stage where making other people aware is enough.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 01:39:14 am »
I agree mate in that a boycott is needed, but the TV companies provide a hell of a lot of our revenue, if we disrupt that or at least influence the people who provide it we will put added pressure on the 'owners' to leave. SKY and other companies tellling the Premier League to get it sorted as viewers dont like it will, in my opinion, have an impact.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 01:40:58 am »
Sounds like a great ideal to me it's not always about hitting them where it hurts but also getting exposure for the campaign.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:43:02 am »
Just imagine the response SKY will give the owners if every single game is spoilt by whistles they cant stop getting into the ground?

Home and AWAY, in Europe it will get even more exposure, all the cup games, more exposure for our campaign than the sonsors?

I think it could cause uproar! The Press could latch on to it like they did the vuvuzela, this time they already have a story to attach it to, imagine the headlines all about fans disrupting a mulitmillion pound company with whistles, emails and the love for their team?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:51:57 am by jjasonuk »

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 01:47:56 am »
lol just think the main issue now is hurting them financially, which is why boycotting games is looking like the only option. we are past the stage where making other people aware is enough.

Boycotting is great in theory but we know for every person that doesn't go there will be 2 waiting to take their place in Premiership games anyway.

I guess the only way that it could work is buy your ticket and not go but G+H will still have your money.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 01:53:27 am »
True mate, but as a protest I personally don't think we are quite ready for a full boycott.... that it why I am looking at alternitives.

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:53:33 am »
Boycotting is great in theory but we know for every person that doesn't go there will be 2 waiting to take their place in Premiership games anyway.

I guess the only way that it could work is buy your ticket and not go but G+H will still have your money.

exactly they dont care about attendances,just gate receipts. its not a bad shout i just cant see it catching on, mainly because there are stil a high percentage of people who go the match who are still oblivious to the sitch we are in, and also a lot are older fellas who probably wouldnt join in a whistle blowing protest, especially lower centenary, all grumpy fuckers!
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 01:56:40 am »
exactly they dont care about attendances,just gate receipts. its not a bad shout i just cant see it catching on, mainly because there are stil a high percentage of people who go the match who are still oblivious to the sitch we are in, and also a lot are older fellas who probably wouldnt join in a whistle blowing protest, especially lower centenary, all grumpy fuckers!

But when it comes down to it in some games I've seen on the TV just 1 person has had a whistle and it's caused a bit of a problem.

A tackle goes in and someone blows a whistle and the players aren't sure if it's a foul or not lets be honest it doesn't take much to confuse them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:59:23 am by Trada »

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 01:56:58 am »
in principle if EVERYONE in the ground was up for it might work

but everyone in the ground is not 'up for it' - see Havant & Waterloo, where in my opinion the whole Yanks Out campaign (non-pc version) took a bad bad turn from which it is still struggling to recover momentum

if you have patches of whistlers in the ground they will either be clocked by non-protesters or ejected by stewards and the whole thing would be a disaster
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 01:59:23 am »

Exactly, another great point mate... a whistle protest highlights our action to other fans.... People may ignore a black shirt with a different logo on it, some see it... some don't... the noise provokes a response... whats that about?..... on TV in the ground, outside the ground... its gets a response ..... it raises awareness... 

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 01:59:36 am »
in principle if EVERYONE in the ground was up for it might work

but everyone in the ground is not 'up for it' - see Havant & Waterloo, where in my opinion the whole Yanks Out campaign (non-pc version) took a bad bad turn from which it is still struggling to recover momentum

if you have patches of whistlers in the ground they will either be clocked by non-protesters or ejected by stewards and the whole thing would be a disaster

exactly, if we had the entire ground singing from our hymn sheet we could do anything we liked, but sadly rawk is still the minority in that aspect.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 02:01:37 am »
Exactly, another great point mate... a whistle protest highlights our action to other fans.... People may ignore a black shirt with a different logo on it, some see it... some don't... the noise provokes a response... whats that about?..... on TV in the ground, outside the ground... its gets a response ..... it raises awareness...

funny you should mention the shirts, at the game on sat i pointed a couple out to me dad and said they are the tops i was telling you about, but he still hadnt noticed them cause he was too busy watchin the game the tool.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 02:03:27 am »
Look at the Mancs protest colours, they got to a core group of people and then the rest started to follow.... Whistles are loud, people ask "whats that about" ... hear people blowing whistles all over the pace and see "Blowing the whistle on the owners" banners and (hopefully) join in, it could grow so fast?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:07:04 am by jjasonuk »

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 02:07:40 am »
It certainly has it's merits.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:09:43 am »
Look at the Mancs protest colours, they got to a core group of people and then the rest started to follow.... Whistles are loud, people ask "whats that about" ... hear people blowing whistles all over the pace and see "Blowing the whistle on the owners" banners and (hopefully) join in, it could grow so fast?

its a simple idea which are usually the best, but you would need the numbers to start off with,wouldnt want to be sat in the kop blowing me whistle all game being told to shut the fuck up by everyone around me. needs numbers grouped together to get the idea off the ground.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 02:11:30 am »
It certainly has it's merits.

Right thats it I am going to bed, somebody agrees, WE NEED TO RAISE AWARENESS and our plight ............

maybe it could even be the one signal for all clubs to agree on (Us, Mancs, Leeds, Sheffield Weds, Portsmouth, and more?) to to have as a common voice?

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 07:21:55 am »
........................... but the TV companies provide a hell of a lot of our revenue, if we disrupt that or at least influence the people who provide it we will put added pressure on the 'owners' to leave. SKY and other companies tellling the Premier League to get it sorted as viewers dont like it will, in my opinion, have an impact.

After all the publicity with the vuvuzelas at (and following) the world cup and their subsequent ban from Anfield, if TV coverage was disrupted enough by the blowing of whistles we may even be BANNED from being shown on TV.

Now that would almost certainly lead to a massive reduction of our TV revenue. More pressure on the 2 tw*ts!
Hit 'em where it hurts.

I like the idea......but ONLY if it doesn't affect the actual game (i.e. whistles every time the ball goes out of play).

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 09:31:00 am »
Personally I think it's a good idea but there will be problems as some have posted above, just athought, along with the banners "Blowing the whistle on the owners"  perhaps to start off make this protest say 10 minutes before KO and half time.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 01:37:13 pm »
i kinda like this, if the whistles were disruptive enough and confusing enough for players you may get games called off....just at thought actually can the prem league come into all this if they see that Hicks is not a fit and proper owner, despite their initial test...is this an angle we have not tried??
walk on...walk on...

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 01:50:17 pm »
I like this idea, would be very effective anyway and impossible to ignore.  I like vicgil's idea of doing it for certain periods during the game.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline the mighty kemlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 02:01:47 pm »
i kinda like this, if the whistles were disruptive enough and confusing enough for players you may get games called off....just at thought actually can the prem league come into all this if they see that Hicks is not a fit and proper owner, despite their initial test...is this an angle we have not tried??

And if the games get called off...........LFC will face a financial penalty and the possibility of future games behind closed doors......Hmmmm!
"Every side in London has a distinct identity, but Liverpool is like a separate country to the rest of England. I don't think there is a club in the whole world where there's a connection with a city like Liverpool and the people."

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 02:03:06 pm »
BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON BAD OWNERS

great idea, we could decide on a set time to do it, this could not be ignored by tv,

say every 5 minutes for a full minute, all game.

on the march also. 

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 02:03:22 pm »
And if the games get called off...........LFC will face a financial penalty and the possibility of future games behind closed doors......Hmmmm!
hmmmm indeed kemlyn...surely the prem league would have to come in and do something,,,hopefully not dock us points but put pressure on Hicks
walk on...walk on...

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 02:27:22 pm »
Great idea mate. Get it to SoS.

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 03:02:43 pm »
An idea with genuine merit, though you can imagine the shit you would have to take from the cloth-eared fan brigade.
Still, that would almost make it more enjoyable.

Put it forward mate

A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 03:26:44 pm »
this would be fun.

Offline jjasonuk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 04:52:15 pm »
I have sent it to SoS today ...... I am willing to pay for a banner and the first 100 whistles to get it going, we could hand them out if SoS agree, maybe some banner ideas from Kit or photoshop guys?

NEVER BUY THE S*N.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 04:56:10 pm »
I don't want to knock the initiative and thinking going on behind your suggestion, it has its merits but also it has plenty pit falls aswell,  I cannot see this getting full support, I sit with the stiffs in Upper Kemlyn, your lucky to get some of them in their to cheer a goal, getting them blowin whistles won't happen, most are blowin for tugs for half an hour after kick off due to havin to climb the stair case steps

Offline PeterC

• Kemlynite
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 05:50:43 pm »
Why don't we just form a picket line outside the ground? A small group at each entrance point is all that would be needed. Or  - how about people handcuffed together in a chain blocking entrance points?
Richard Keys is what you get when a pig and a gorilla have sex.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #34 on: October 2, 2010, 04:44:44 pm »
I brought this subject up a while ago and I will raise it with SOS as well! I think we should hold a whistle protest, cheap to get hold of, easy into a ground (home or away), ... BLOWING THE WHISTLE ON THE OWNERS?
Very irritating to fellow fans, will not be heard in Texas. A non-starter.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline duke8

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: October 3, 2010, 10:00:36 pm »
I have sent it to SoS today ...... I am willing to pay for a banner and the first 100 whistles to get it going, we could hand them out if SoS agree, maybe some banner ideas from Kit or photoshop guys?

i think your idea is sound but needs a tweek.
i would suggest you have the protest outside the ground.
this would last for the 90 minutes the match is being played but not line the pockets of the tumours.
you could sel the whistles to people who turn up without.
'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'  Bill Shankly