Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 235577 times)

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #1200 on: May 21, 2019, 12:01:26 pm »
rose has a tendancy to throw the head too

I seem to recall him once saying Mane was the hardest opponent he ever faced. will mean a switch in position for Mane if he gets at him

Lloris has been a bit all over the place the last while too.

another 11 days to go
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #1201 on: May 21, 2019, 12:13:04 pm »
Fuck having Salah near the penalties. Alison, Robertson, Trent, Milner, Hendo, Bobby should all be ahead of him.

Did you see his pen that took Egypt to the World Cup? he had millions on his shoulders that night. If he can handle that a pen in the Champions league final will be a walk in the park.

But it won't come to pens anyway  ;D

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: May 21, 2019, 12:14:25 pm »
Hopefully we are the team that bucks this trend of appearing in CL finals close together and losing both.....

Valencia - 2000 and 2001
United - 2009 and 2011
Bayern - 2010 and 2012
Atletico - 2014 and 2016
Juventus 2015 and 2017

Here's another one for you..

The team that knocks out the financial dopers in the QF lose in the final..  8)
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1203 on: May 21, 2019, 12:19:55 pm »
Fuck having Salah near the penalties. Alison, Robertson, Trent, Milner, Hendo, Bobby should all be ahead of him.

Really weird this. Salah is probably our deadliest finisher. He's a huge, strong personality. Has scored 8/11 of his penalties as a senior pro, with two of those misses coming in one game in a 6-0 win for his country.

I'm not saying he's the greatest penalty taker in the world - far from it. But I'd have him well ahead of a goalkeeper, a full-back who very rarely scores, Henderson who can't hit a barn door, or Firmino who has missed 4/9 of his penalties and isn't exactly the most reliable of finishers in general.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: May 21, 2019, 12:39:24 pm »
Really weird this. Salah is probably our deadliest finisher. He's a huge, strong personality. Has scored 8/11 of his penalties as a senior pro, with two of those misses coming in one game in a 6-0 win for his country.

I'm not saying he's the greatest penalty taker in the world - far from it. But I'd have him well ahead of a goalkeeper, a full-back who very rarely scores, Henderson who can't hit a barn door, or Firmino who has missed 4/9 of his penalties and isn't exactly the most reliable of finishers in general.

All fair points but being a deadly finisher doesn't = good penalty taker, see Torres,Owen,Suarez even Messi.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1205 on: May 21, 2019, 12:47:56 pm »
As all the talk is on penalties, would it be that crazy new system or would the teams just take alternatively?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: May 21, 2019, 12:48:18 pm »
Here's another one for you..

The team that knocks out the financial dopers in the QF lose in the final..  8)
ZING

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1207 on: May 21, 2019, 12:58:28 pm »
All fair points but being a deadly finisher doesn't = good penalty taker, see Torres,Owen,Suarez even Messi.

It's a better indicator than any.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1208 on: May 21, 2019, 01:09:52 pm »
It's a better indicator than any.

Of course but it doesn't guarantee/translate in every case. In any case I don't like left-footed penalty takers.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1209 on: May 21, 2019, 01:17:25 pm »
Lmao at Hendo taking a penalty before Salah. Has Henderson even took a penalty for us? Even when Stevie retired Milner was there...

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: May 21, 2019, 01:21:16 pm »
Lmao at Hendo taking a penalty before Salah. Has Henderson even took a penalty for us? Even when Stevie retired Milner was there...
im pretty sure he has but it cant be many

i know he missed one against Columbia for England in the shoot out at the world cup

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1211 on: May 21, 2019, 01:37:30 pm »
Already been released. We're not playing in it until pre-season

Thanks  :)

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1212 on: May 21, 2019, 01:52:28 pm »
im pretty sure he has but it cant be many

i know he missed one against Columbia for England in the shoot out at the world cup
all I remember is Sturridge egging Hendo on to take the ball of Balotelli against some bottom fodder and Hendo didn’t do it. If he was really a confident penalty taker he would have grabbed it off Mario with no hesitation. I would rather Trent took one over Hendo if I’m being honest.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: May 21, 2019, 01:57:22 pm »
all I remember is Sturridge egging Hendo on to take the ball of Balotelli against some bottom fodder and Hendo didn’t do it. If he was really a confident penalty taker he would have grabbed it off Mario with no hesitation. I would rather Trent took one over Hendo if I’m being honest.

Beşiktaş

Henderson shouldnt have allowed that. Imagine trying that with Roy Keane, good luck

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #1214 on: May 21, 2019, 03:39:56 pm »
Longest build up to a match in mankind..

I think the summer transfer thread should be started up, would give us all something to squabble about. Would certainly take our minds off the wait.

Game of Thrones has finished, so has Line of Duty. I've tidied all my drawers and decluttered, what else am I supposed to do?
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: May 21, 2019, 03:47:50 pm »
I think the summer transfer thread should be started up, would give us all something to squabble about. Would certainly take our minds off the wait.

Game of Thrones has finished, so has Line of Duty. I've tidied all my drawers and decluttered, what else am I supposed to do?

Agree actually, as is usual for this time of year the transfer talk has started to bleed into lots of different threads. Would like to see a transfer news thread at least so we can have a place to share credible information (if there is any).

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: May 21, 2019, 04:01:54 pm »
Agree actually, as is usual for this time of year the transfer talk has started to bleed into lots of different threads. Would like to see a transfer news thread at least so we can have a place to share credible information (if there is any).

Other clubs are making transfers, so there is an obvious argument for it to be open, even if Liverpool stuff was not allowed, but that would be ridiculously hard to mod, so I doubt it will happen.
Right now the club will be doing no business and keeping the players isolated and focused on nothing but the final, whether they are a guaranteed starter or one of the 12! allowed subs.
Imagine if we were leaking our interest in a big name CD for instance to replace Lovren in the squad, and then a couple of injuries and Lovren is starting. And you can change that for tons of other potential examples.
After we have sobered up from celebrating battering Spurs is when it makes the most sense to worry about anything but the final.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1217 on: May 21, 2019, 04:02:57 pm »
It is all set up for us to win but we must be wary of Spurs. The talk about Klopp's record in finals will be ramped up as the final approaches but we must ignore that. These lads are fucking mentality monsters as Jurgen said, and to bounce back from last years defeat to reach the final by overcoming Messi and co like we did shows that the boys will be relishing this opportunity. Alisson and Fabinho will have the chance to win big ears in their first season with us so they will want it as much as the lads who missed out last year (that applies to Naby too but he's not going to feature).

We've got the experience of a final and we've got European pedigree. We are legitimately one of the best teams in the world and Spurs are a level below that. We will turn Madrid red and we will have a manager and players determined to win number 6, not just for last years heartache but for their own trophy count. One trophy will surely bring several more and that is what gets me the most nervous. We can't let this opportunity pass.

Going into next season reigning European Champions would do wonders for us. The confidence levels of an already confident group of players would go through the roof. Klopp would have the trophy monkey off his back with us. We'd go challenging for the league holding the trophy that City wanted the most. If we are to sign a couple of players they know they'd have to perform and be very fucking good to start with because they will be joining the European Champions. We'd be the talk of the league and rightly so. We'd be going for more pots knowing that we can do it because we already have done. We'd be fucking Liverpool FC, 6 times European Cup winners.

This does seem like a fucking critical moment in this squads journey. I pray they pass the test.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: May 21, 2019, 04:05:26 pm »
This does seem like a fucking critical moment in this squads journey. I pray they pass the test.

I think this is a defining moment in one way or another, hopefully the one we deserve and have been craving for.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: May 21, 2019, 04:06:09 pm »
We should target Lloris by flooding the box with wine when one of our players takes shots. He loves to parry and his form from long range shots has been poor all season. Also Danny Rose and Trippier should get targeted neither has good positioning and I would like to see Robbo and Trent to play those balls along the line for Salah and Mane to run into behind their fullbacks. I don’t rate any of their fullbacks and I also hope Vertonghen and Alderweireld start as I think Vertonghen especially has lost a lot of agility in the last 18 months their most difficult defender is sanchez for me hopefully he doesn’t start. Fabinho needs to be careful as they have a lot of divers but I still want him to go hard on Alli and Son. We can and should do it. I just want the game to be played ASAP the wait is killing me. 

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #1220 on: May 21, 2019, 04:22:28 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Can't see past us winning this in 90 minutes. Listened to TAW with BOSS nights today - got me well in ther mood as well as that Fix You video from BT Sports.
Bobby back is massive for us and I sort of hope Kane is for them as he will be well off the pace. A good point I heard recently is that they will find the wait between games more of an issue than us as we experienced similar last season. Also, Madrid with BOSS event will have our fans pumped and giving it everything in the stadium and they will have Chas and Dave :-)
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1221 on: May 21, 2019, 05:30:37 pm »
Hopefully we are the team that bucks this trend of appearing in CL finals close together and losing both.....

Valencia - 2000 and 2001
United - 2009 and 2011
Bayern - 2010 and 2012
Atletico - 2014 and 2016
Juventus 2015 and 2017

AC Milan played in two finals close to each other.
2005 and 2007
They lost one and won their next one. So they bucked the trend. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:05:05 pm by spider-neil »

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #1222 on: May 21, 2019, 05:49:11 pm »
AC Milan played in two finals close to each other.
2006 and 2008
They lost one and won their next one. So they bucked the trend. 

2005 and 2007. Think we can all remember those.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: May 21, 2019, 07:17:19 pm »
Bricking it fully.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: May 21, 2019, 07:22:35 pm »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:24:06 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1225 on: May 21, 2019, 07:24:46 pm »
2005 and 2007. Think we can all remember those.
Coincidentally, there was another team that did the same in those same years, just in a reverse order.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: May 21, 2019, 07:25:53 pm »
Things that have come around more quickly than this match:

Brexit
Everton winning at Anfield
The next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

Any more?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: May 21, 2019, 07:27:37 pm »
Things that have come around more quickly than this match:

Brexit
Everton winning at Anfield
The next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

Any more?

The tearing down of the Berlin wall

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1228 on: May 21, 2019, 07:42:03 pm »
The tearing down of the Berlin wall

Although the time since the wall came down to now is longer than the time the wall was up...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: May 21, 2019, 07:48:12 pm »
Although the time since the wall came down to now is longer than the time the wall was up...

fair enough bout what about the building of the Great Wall of Trump, I mean China  ;D

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1230 on: May 21, 2019, 07:49:31 pm »
fair enough bout what about the building of the Great Wall of Trump, I mean China  ;D

:D
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1231 on: May 21, 2019, 08:02:41 pm »
Heard talk of that Anfield game where they had the better of us second half.  We did give them chances once we had to gamble and to go for it at 1-1.   I'm hoping we don't go behind in the final and have to chase the game because they're pretty nifty on the counter.  First goal is key.

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: May 21, 2019, 08:53:13 pm »
Scoring first imo is key and essential

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: May 21, 2019, 08:57:12 pm »
amazing insight this ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: May 21, 2019, 08:58:55 pm »

:P
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: May 21, 2019, 09:05:26 pm »
amazing insight this ;)

Cheers, glad you think so too  ;D

There's only so much that can be analyzed that I haven't already said, 25 pages ago  ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: May 21, 2019, 10:33:24 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Can't see past us winning this in 90 minutes. Listened to TAW with BOSS nights today - got me well in ther mood as well as that Fix You video from BT Sports.
Bobby back is massive for us and I sort of hope Kane is for them as he will be well off the pace. A good point I heard recently is that they will find the wait between games more of an issue than us as we experienced similar last season. Also, Madrid with BOSS event will have our fans pumped and giving it everything in the stadium and they will have Chas and Dave :-)

Sadly, Chas passed away last year.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.