Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1070215 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #14080 on: March 20, 2023, 12:17:16 pm »
or have injuries meant a player we wanted through the middle has had to play out of position?

I would still say Gakpo is better left than Nunez, given that he provides more of what we need defensively on the wing, and Nunez is better in the centre.

Besides all of this anyway, we bought Gakpo when we needed a midfielder. I really like Gakpo as a player but did we really need him. If it was because we could not get the players we want in January, and now it is we cannot get the player we want in summer because he costs too much (which we knew how much he would costs) then it makes little sense why we did this as we did, and not try and scout a midfielder in January and accept we couldn't get Bellingham there and then.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14081 on: March 20, 2023, 12:23:22 pm »
Have you watched us this season? How do we compare to previous seasons if you have?
Ok so we’ve had a shit season, the first real shit season since Klopp got here. So the first time we’ve shown no progress and people are losing their shit. By all means be unhappy with how we’ve played but to claim the sky is falling and that we’ve lost our identity is just so far of the mark. We’re watching an Arsenal side with one or maybe two top class players in it mount a serious title challenge after God knows how many years out of the Champions League, these so called experts would have had Arteta at the top of the management sack list. Nobody knows what is going to happen, I for one will wait and see how the summer window pans out before I cry about us not signing such and such.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14082 on: March 20, 2023, 12:23:27 pm »
Get me a sporting director!! Though would imagine we'll just do a promotion from within, if there's anyone left to promote anyway.
Lijnders is already in place mate, no worries.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #14083 on: March 20, 2023, 12:27:16 pm »
Are people actually believing bollocks like this? Lack of Top-4 for what will likely only be one season and lack of on pitch identity? Reading shit like this wont help the sanity of some of you, it makes no sense, we’re still a great club, talk of our demise is premature so fuck these no mark journos.
That’s a pretty bold claim regarding the ‘only one season’. At this stage I’d say City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea are probably more likely to finish top 4 next season. Fortunately there are 5 places but at the moment we’re probably in a battle for fifth with Newcastle and Spurs. The aforementioned clubs have more resources and will spend to maintain/further their advances this year. Regardless of the authenticity of this latest Bellingham report, if we don’t spend on at least 4 quality players, we aren’t getting into a title challenge anytime soon and that’s what this club should be about. If FSG won’t fund it then I don’t see how we push further on as there are now six other clubs with as much, if not more intent than us.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14084 on: March 20, 2023, 12:28:07 pm »
. Nobody knows what is going to happen, I for one will wait and see how the summer window pans out before I cry about us not signing such and such.

The thing is, we spend every single window saying 'well let's wait and see', then we sign no one, and we progressively get worse. These things are all related. I mean I'm just as powerless as you so perhaps I'm the mug for being pissed off about it, but there we are.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14085 on: March 20, 2023, 12:28:42 pm »
Find that impossible to accept. Look at the mounting evidence behind us refusing to sell players or just being plain shit at it. If we wouldn’t/couldn’t sell Naby Keita before his deal ran out there’s no way we’d have stomached selling Mane or Salah. The truth these days is we only cash in when the player forces it.

Probably true annoyingly, definitely something we need to think about changing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14086 on: March 20, 2023, 12:28:55 pm »
That’s a pretty bold claim regarding the ‘only one season’. At this stage I’d say City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea are probably more likely to finish top 4 next season. Fortunately there are 5 places but at the moment we’re probably in a battle for fifth with Newcastle and Spurs. The aforementioned clubs have more resources and will spend to maintain/further their advances this year. Regardless of the authenticity of this latest Bellingham report, if we don’t spend on at least 4 quality players, we aren’t getting into a title challenge anytime soon and that’s what this club should be about. If FSG won’t fund it then I don’t see how we push further on as there are now six other clubs with as much, if not more intent than us.

Not sure I agree, its a different beast competing in the CL and the League.. Arsenal and Utd will start to struggle. They've had a free pass of a season.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14087 on: March 20, 2023, 12:32:09 pm »
Lijnders is already in place mate, no worries.

;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14088 on: March 20, 2023, 12:32:54 pm »

Yeah the idea we make CL places next season is a bit arrogant. I think we will, but there is as much chance we regress even more.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14089 on: March 20, 2023, 12:34:45 pm »
The sad thing is, Jurgen will defend FSG and churn the line out that we just can't compete with the money being thrown around.

Was hoping for one last push under Jurgen for major honours for the final years of his contract, before Newcastle really kick in too. But it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #14090 on: March 20, 2023, 12:36:42 pm »
Not sure I agree, its a different beast competing in the CL and the League.. Arsenal and Utd will start to struggle. They've had a free pass of a season.
True but they’ll both spend. Yernited may fritter it away as they tend to but both clubs will put money down to consolidate their progress. Both squads will be better next year, of that there is little doubt.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14091 on: March 20, 2023, 12:43:23 pm »
The sad thing is, Jurgen will defend FSG and churn the line out that we just can't compete with the money being thrown around.

Was hoping for one last push under Jurgen for major honours for the final years of his contract, before Newcastle really kick in too. But it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Yeah, pessimistically speaking I have a feeling his final few years here will be a lot closer to how it's been this season than to how it was before. Hoping and praying it won't be like and things can change quickly but we aren't being given too much hope right now.

Thinking back to when he signed that contract last year, I think the most recent game had been the first leg win against Villarreal, I just thought about how amazing it was all looking, one trophy in the bag, were still competing for three more, but just as exciting was the fact he'd get four more years here. Fast forward a year and so much of that excitement has waned. I'm not expecting an awful lot in the coming years, but none of that's down to Klopp. It should never be that way with Liverpool. Yes there's cycles and all that but it's all become a shambles this season that'll take time to turn around.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14092 on: March 20, 2023, 12:43:56 pm »
Reckon Bellingham is a ridiculous talent for his age - but we need 4-5 new players this summer. The team needs breaking up and starting again - not cherry picking one a summer. 

If we can't do the 4 or 5 because we spend the majority of our budget on Bellingham, then I'd pick doing the 4 or 5 every time, regardless of how good he is. Transfer land is going to be bonkers if January is anything to go by. I'm okay with missing him for the big picture on the pitch. 

I'd take a rummage in TK Max over shopping at harrods most days too. Be exciting to see it come together.  Be nice if FSG would throw a few quid in the kitty though.

And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14093 on: March 20, 2023, 12:45:43 pm »
This circus is becoming boring.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #14094 on: March 20, 2023, 12:47:05 pm »

Okay, Caligula
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14095 on: March 20, 2023, 12:53:06 pm »

I've long held the opinion that deliberate (or at best avoidable) wasting of Klopp's years with us is the single biggest 'sin' FSG have committed. They might not give a fuck, seeing as he is a well paid employee - but it's only because they aren't football people and would not appreciate just how rare a manager like Klopp is and how even more rare his bond with LFC is. All they have achieved, the amount of profit they'll make when they inevitably do sell - it's all in big part thanks to Klopp. Yet he has worked far too often without genuine support and without them even remotely matching his hunger to win. And that time - we're never getting it back. When he leaves - we'll be left with coulda, woulda, shoulda's to keep us entertained.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14096 on: March 20, 2023, 12:54:39 pm »
Yeah the idea we make CL places next season is a bit arrogant. I think we will, but there is as much chance we regress even more.

If FSG continue to operate the way they do and the way they've said they will continue to operate in, then I don't see how we get out of this mess. They were banking on some magical investor turning up willing to take all the risks that comes with buying players. I still think it all comes down to that. I personally feel they'd begrudginly accept us falling further away rather than spending £250m on players that may not work out. They will look at utd and Chelsea to see just that. 
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14097 on: March 20, 2023, 12:55:12 pm »
I know some will laugh at this but think Covid really screwed us on this and our long term squad building- we would have probably sold one of Mane or Salah for huge money and driven a next phase of this.

Its all tough isn't it between things that are short term/ medium term and long term? Like what value does a new £50m training facility bring vs a midfielder? A new £60m defender who could help CL qualification vs a new stand that will allow 7k extra fans and bring in money over the next 20+ years

We signed nobody in 2019. You just can't be doing that as as a club in any year.

I don't think Covid made a great deal of difference in 2020. If anything it might have seen Werner signed instead of Jota. 2021 we might have got that Wijnaldum replacement. I wouldn't say it made a difference last year, but we should have been moving on players like Keita and Ox and Milner if necessary to sign a midfielder we needed.

We don't like signing players until we really have to is the problem and when we really have to is usually because things have backfired on the pitch.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14098 on: March 20, 2023, 12:58:37 pm »
Reckon Bellingham is a ridiculous talent for his age - but we need 4-5 new players this summer. The team needs breaking up and starting again - not cherry picking one a summer. 

If we can't do the 4 or 5 because we spend the majority of our budget on Bellingham, then I'd pick doing the 4 or 5 every time, regardless of how good he is. Transfer land is going to be bonkers if January is anything to go by. I'm okay with missing him for the big picture on the pitch. 

I'd take a rummage in TK Max over shopping at harrods most days too. Be exciting to see it come together.  Be nice if FSG would throw a few quid in the kitty though.

My major concern is we miss out on Bellingham and buy 1 or 2 players, which pessimistically I think is what will happen, we get Nunes and someone else, maybe Mount, and the problems are just not solved at all.

As a general question for the thread, if we have limited funds, who would you be alright with us selling to raise funds for a rebuild?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #14099 on: March 20, 2023, 01:00:29 pm »
Totally.......oh, you meant the transfer situa............got it........... :thumbup

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14100 on: March 20, 2023, 01:00:39 pm »
I've long held the opinion that deliberate (or at best avoidable) wasting of Klopp's years with us is the single biggest 'sin' FSG have committed. They might not give a fuck, seeing as he is a well paid employee - but it's only because they aren't football people and would not appreciate just how rare a manager like Klopp is and how even more rare his bond with LFC is. All they have achieved, the amount of profit they'll make when they inevitably do sell - it's all in big part thanks to Klopp. Yet he has worked far too often without genuine support and without them even remotely matching his hunger to win. And that time - we're never getting it back. When he leaves - we'll be left with coulda, woulda, shoulda's to keep us entertained.

Agree.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14101 on: March 20, 2023, 01:01:49 pm »
My major concern is we miss out on Bellingham and buy 1 or 2 players, which pessimistically I think is what will happen, we get Nunes and someone else, maybe Mount, and the problems are just not solved at all.

As a general question for the thread, if we have limited funds, who would you be alright with us selling to raise funds for a rebuild?

Kellaher, Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas, Fabinho and maybe even a discussion of one of the forwards. Don't sell all, but maybe some of them.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14102 on: March 20, 2023, 01:03:42 pm »
Kellaher, Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas, Fabinho and maybe even a discussion of one of the forwards. Don't sell all, but maybe some of them.

Klopp won't sell them unless they ask to leave.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14103 on: March 20, 2023, 01:03:53 pm »
People need a reality check. We're rich, but we're not Real Madrid or ManCity rich. We never were, and we'll never be. Unless someone from Middle East buys us, or we continuously win the league for the next 20 years.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14104 on: March 20, 2023, 01:04:58 pm »
It’s more likely that we will see people leaving to raise transfer funds, just wonder how much we will actually raise that’s anywhere near what we need to be spending.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14105 on: March 20, 2023, 01:05:59 pm »

The timing of needing this mini rebuild sucks. Transfers fees are crazy even for non established players and it will be more crazy this summer. A good chance that we won't have a choice but to risk it.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14106 on: March 20, 2023, 01:08:24 pm »
So now the rhetoric is that we are now likely to not get Jude Bellingham… you couldn’t make it up. If that is the case then the club needs to identify other targets asap and get them in when the window opens up and not have another case of going after a player who ends up elsewhere like last summer.

It will be criminal of the club if we don’t bring anyone in…

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14107 on: March 20, 2023, 01:11:40 pm »
I have a bad feeling about this.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14108 on: March 20, 2023, 01:13:22 pm »
Some people must have worries over their incredibly small genitalia today, that’s all I can surmise from this thread
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14109 on: March 20, 2023, 01:13:24 pm »

My only question on them is could we actually generate enough for what we would have to replace from them. I think from those sales we generate maybe just over £100 million.

Say we need 3 midfielders and a CB minimum, and dont have a lot to spend past sales, are we going to get enough from them to cover that, and also what we need to replace those players (i.e - if we sell Gomez and Matip we will need 2 CB's, we may need a wing back to replace Tsimikas, we would likely need a keeper to replace Kellaher maybe).

I am wondering if we have to consider selling someone like Jota for North of £70 million, or go full on break glass and sell Allison for 100 plus or VVD for a big injection.

Also of course we have to be extremely smart buying players for around £30 million to £50 million, and when we consider Nunes is at the higher end of that scale given the current market, we would really have to be good and locating the right player to work now, or we will have to set expectations to being outsiders for top 4 for a bit

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14110 on: March 20, 2023, 01:14:49 pm »
The biggest challenge will be ensuring a good hit rate on the midfield signings - as historically, I think the Klopp era recruitment team only really has two successes in this area of the pitch in Gini and Fabinho.

Statistically to have 2 or even 3 new players come in and become starters and successes, is in probability unlikely.

This might go someway to explaining the chasing of Bellingham, as he's as close to a sure fire hit as you might get. However the scale of work needed this summer I suspect will prohibit this transfer without funding from an external source or significant sales.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14111 on: March 20, 2023, 01:16:42 pm »
I would be very happy with something like

Out - Matip 15m,Fabinho 20m, Kelleher 30m. Ox,Keita & Firmino.
Keep Milner as a squad option/leader would be fine

In - Kone 30m,Ugarte 52m, Thuram 40m.Micky van de Ven 30m.

The signings I have mentioned still add to 152m & they may cost more that the prices I mentioned.
Shows you what a tough summer market it will be.

So really Bellingham does look unrealistic

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #14112 on: March 20, 2023, 01:17:25 pm »
Mount                 
Gravenberch        vs.     Bellingham
DM

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14113 on: March 20, 2023, 01:18:43 pm »
I know Jurgen has too much class to ever throw his toys out of the pram over transfers, but even he’d be fuming if the latest speculation turns out to be true.

We’ve clearly held out investing in the midfield with the hope, and probably expectation, that Bellingham would be the key signing in that area supported by supplementary additions alongside him. Again it’s all rumours, but all reliable sources have said we’ve put in the most ground work to get him, he’s shown a preference to joining us and the boss clearly rates him incredibly highly. Not getting it over the line now due to the finances involved, when we already had a rough idea of the costs, is a massive fuck up.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14114 on: March 20, 2023, 01:20:22 pm »
Some people must have worries over their incredibly small genitalia today, that’s all I can surmise from this thread

I'm actually fine with it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14115 on: March 20, 2023, 01:22:27 pm »
People need a reality check. We're rich, but we're not Real Madrid or ManCity rich. We never were, and we'll never be. Unless someone from Middle East buys us, or we continuously win the league for the next 20 years.

I agree people need a reality check but if anything it's in the total opposite direction. We've accepted being run like Crystal Palace for years in the transfer market at times we were champions of europe or the premier league. We shouldn't accept that as the club with the 3rd highest revenue in world football [behind the 2 you mention, one of which is...dubious].
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14116 on: March 20, 2023, 01:23:50 pm »
Normally I would have been like yeah, makes sense to get a couple of players in a window where we need at least 3 mids and at least a defender plus probably a right back to strengthen, but basically after throwing this season away and deciding that it was Jude or bust in the summer and letting the entire world know that he's Klopp's number one priority and that it was OK to jeopardize this season because the ownership are fully committed and money won't be an issue to sign someone of his caliber if the chance presents himself, then I'll be livid as fuck if we end up with the same excuses that we couldn't get Bellingham because of money, no CL football, etc. Considering also Nunes will be touted as someone we got as a replacement who can become as good as Bellingham for cheaper when we could have gotten him last summer for less money than what we'll end up spending to buy him anyway.

Bad look for the club all around if we don't sign him.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14117 on: March 20, 2023, 01:25:12 pm »
Is this also potentially based on the fact that FSG doesn't look like it's able to secure any additional investment in the team (which is hard to believe)?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14118 on: March 20, 2023, 01:25:26 pm »
I'm actually fine with it.

8) It is what it is.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14119 on: March 20, 2023, 01:25:49 pm »
Not sure how many people have actually read the Ornstein article before freaking out but it’s not exactly brimming with authoritative content, it reads like it’s come from somewhere reliable without ever really stating whether it’s opinion or something more.

There seems to be a view that Athletic equals reliable, when the reality is that they’ve developed a reputation as being reliable by wording things in a certain way, not saying anything is actually ‘done’ until it is (or that bids have been submitted etc,) but then regularly post this kind of stuff when they need clicks (ie the start of an international window,) knowing that it will be largely forgotten about by the time that the thing they’re reporting on actually happens. Ornstein, for example, came out with huge amounts of waffle regarding Salah’s contract which people on here (myself included,) got quite wound up by as they were perceived to be ‘reliable’.

All of the above said, if we don’t end up signing him due to the fee involved when it was blatantly obvious he was going to be hugely expensive then the club will rightly get absolute pelters for it, the only reason it won’t end in protests will be because it concerns a transfer rather than something more fundamentally important to the club from a value perspective. I’d imagine that the PR section of the club is SURELY aware of this and therefore aren’t leaking stories to the likes of Ornstein that we’re backing out of a deal for Bellingham due to the costs involved, you’d think if they were trying to pull a fast one on this they’d be a bit smarter in how they deliver the news.