Author Topic: The Horse Racing thread  (Read 334824 times)

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Horse Racing thread
« Reply #360 on: March 11, 2015, 05:39:44 pm »
bollocks

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #361 on: March 11, 2015, 05:44:59 pm »
Cheers for posting those tips El Phes. Had two winners today thanks to them

Offline JAY-IOM

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: March 11, 2015, 06:00:57 pm »
Yeah nice one El Phes went off them tips today and done alright.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 11, 2015, 06:08:40 pm »

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: March 11, 2015, 06:56:26 pm »
Going big on Vautor 9/4 and 2/1.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »
Might follow the picks of some stats called Speed Ratings on the Attheraces site.

He napped Dodging Bullets today and also recommended Tagliatelle, which placed.

His three for tomorrow are Standing Ovation (NAP), Aqalim and Saphir Du Rhea.

Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2015, 10:03:58 pm »
Away from cheltenham. 8.40 last race at Chelmsford tomorrow. Danzoe. 4/1
Allez Allez Allez

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2015, 01:45:11 am »
gonna do a small ew Heinz tomorro and possibly a placepot on the same selections

basically copying of some of the big hitting customers in the job haha

Valsaur Lido @4/1
Edeymi @ 8/1
Ma Filluele @ 9/2
Saphir Du Rheu @ 5/1
Monetaire @ 7/1
Clondaw Knight @ 18/1

done it with B365...

or bet£3.65 as theyre now known, restricting fucks haha
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:50:30 am by gwalk »

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2015, 06:41:38 am »
Question for those who know their stuff, I'm just looking at the World Hurdle, and specifically Lieutenant Colonel

Why does it seem to have come down 13lbs in it's official rating, yet won it's last race which was a G1 hurdle over the same distance as today?

Cheers
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2015, 07:04:42 am »
Question for those who know their stuff, I'm just looking at the World Hurdle, and specifically Lieutenant Colonel

Why does it seem to have come down 13lbs in it's official rating, yet won it's last race which was a G1 hurdle over the same distance as today?

Cheers

Think I've actually just answered my own question if horses have different marks in the UK and Ireland
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2015, 07:09:33 am »

Cheers

Hes been on a diet mate  :wave

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2015, 07:36:49 am »
Safe to say there is one runner in the Pertemps (14:05) that we will all be having a little EW flutter on :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: March 12, 2015, 08:17:20 am »
Jamie Codd is riding again in the last race today.

Really fancy this talented young jockey to land the Amateur riders double on  'The Package'.

Just took 14's with Hills.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #373 on: March 12, 2015, 08:48:51 am »
Shocking day yesterday but that's usually the way on the second day, for me anyway! Historically, Thursdays are good to me so im praying to get some return on the below:

2:40 Ma filleule win
4:00 Monetaire win
4:40 Grand Vision win

Trixie
Vautour, Saphir Du Rheu & Edeymi

Treble
Vautour, Don Cossak & Champagne James.

Will have a couple of ew as the money comes through out the day. Best of luck!

edit: Just had an ew nibble on trustan times & buywise. That's the lot for me!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:37:58 am by Flaccid Bobby Fowler »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: March 12, 2015, 09:13:24 am »
Anywhere do no deposit free bets for new customers? Tried that Stan James link yesterday but they must have taken it off by the time I seen it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2015, 09:25:50 am »
Anywhere do no deposit free bets for new customers? Tried that Stan James link yesterday but they must have taken it off by the time I seen it.
worked for me ,,click under main balance,might be there under free bets,,if not,contact them live chat.
the link stil works now
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2015, 09:28:04 am »
im on balder success in the ryanair at 25-1 antepost........
bollocks

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2015, 09:41:15 am »
Late to the party here as things having been going well so far.

I like Jetson in the stayers. He's a spring horse Who likes to hear his hoofs rattle and he's got the in form jockey on his back. If the ground is genuinely good (unlike the dead ground of Tuesday) I can see him running a huge race. He should definitely reverse the Christmas defeat to Leiutenant Colonel at any rate.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2015, 10:06:35 am »
Paddy Gone @ 6/1 for Don Cossack from 9/2

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: March 12, 2015, 10:34:31 am »
Anyone know what the in shop offer for Coral Connect customers is today? I slept through my alarm and missed the chance to top up with the 8.30am offer of 3/1 Vautour

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2015, 10:52:43 am »
Gigginstown e/w accumulator for me and a single on Champagne James later in the day. May have a sniff on Whisper in the world hurdle.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2015, 11:11:39 am »
1.30 Vautour 9/4 2/1- Gone big on this like I said I would, if this goes wrong all profit is gone for the week so far. Valseur Lido and Apache Stronghold look good for places.
2.05 Regal Encore 10/1 E/W- Open race and have also backed Trustan Times and Brother Brian, all e/w
2.40 Don Cossack 9/2 - Another close race to call, do like Ma Filleule also and have to back it after last years getting a 33/1 2nd and then a run away winner in Cheltenham.
3.20 Saphir Du Rheu 11/2- Quite fancy his chances, Lieutenant Colonel looks good each way too. Oh and I forgot I backed Abyssial beginning of the week at 40/1 E/W, now only 14, interesting!
4.00 Monetaire 7/1 - Looks like a lenient mark, also on buy wise E/W.
4.40 Champagne James 10/1 looks ready to step up here and expect a big ride, also on The Package at 14/1, both each way.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2015, 11:17:59 am »
Free £5 here, no deposit.

http://www.stanjames.com/UK/802/promo1

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2015, 11:23:45 am »
Free £5 here, no deposit.

http://www.stanjames.com/UK/802/promo1

I saw this yesterday and under the existing customers heading I clicked on the 'login here to claim free bet' button

fuck all happens

same again today

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2015, 11:24:57 am »
I saw this yesterday and under the existing customers heading I clicked on the 'login here to claim free bet' button

fuck all happens

same again today
Worked both times for me, credited in about 15 mins.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2015, 11:28:35 am »
Worked for me yesterday, waiting to see if it works today.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: March 12, 2015, 11:36:54 am »
Worked for me yesterday, waiting to see if it works today.

Yeah i think ive cracked it now. Used another laptop

It logged me in this time so looks good.

edit: Its just given me the fiver :) Cheers for the heads up Paullfc95!

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2015, 11:50:52 am »
Yeah i think ive cracked it now. Used another laptop

It logged me in this time so looks good.

edit: Its just given me the fiver :) Cheers for the heads up Paullfc95!

In my account too, on an each way acca!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2015, 12:05:57 pm »
In my account too, on an each way acca!

Stuck mine on my big fancy today. Johns Spirit in the Ryanair. Will top up on it later depending on how i do in the first few races.

£10 EW double on Johns Spirit and The Package in the last.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2015, 12:09:29 pm »
A Patent.

Vautour
Ma Filluelle
Caid Du Berlais
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline CraigR2323

• Main Stander
« Reply #390 on: March 12, 2015, 12:33:06 pm »
I had Moon River in the draft and of course I didn't bet on it  ::)

I did back Moon RIVER @ Laddies. Unfortunately, It's Moon RACER! I had Modus too e/w on the same slip. Haven't been in to see if they will honour it! Glad I'm not the only one to get it's name wrong! Hope it doesn't cost me, but only a fiver win bet anyway!

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2015, 12:35:43 pm »
Vatour
Ma Filleule
Saphir du Rheu

Trixie

Offline barstool1984

• Exchange Ban
  • Main Stander
« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2015, 12:35:49 pm »
1.30 Vatour - my biggest stake of the week & even more than I had originally planned after 2 non runners yesterday!  Confident.

2.05 - Call the cops e/w

2.40 - no bet race for me but for sake of picking one would side with Ma Filleule

3.20 Reve de sivola - e/w.  love this horse, owes me nothing!

4.00 Caid Du Berlais

4.40 - no bet but if had to select it would be Gold Bullet e/w or Bless the wings e/w

Good luck everyone

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2015, 12:37:29 pm »
From a tipster I follow :-

Day 3 – Thursday 12th March

1.30 JLT Novices Chase

The JLT was formerly known as the Jewson and you need plenty of stamina in this race.There are 17 fences to be jumped over the 2miles 4 f distance.We need to look for an Irish trained horse who has ran well at last year’s festival and has Grade 1 Novice Chase form.Lets start with Vautour.He was another horse last year that we battered Ante post for the Supreme and he rewarded us with a scintillating round of jumping.He is a worthy favourite for this race having won 2 out of 3 races this season.Something was wrong with the horse over Xmas when he hit a fence and then was never able to get back in the race.But we saw the real Vautour in his next race with Ruby back on board.The vibes from the Mullins camp are positive and he has been working really well.The 5-1 to win and 3-1 to win any race at Festival could be great value soon.Apache Stronghold has been really good this season and one we followed too.He was 2nd to Valseur Lido in the Drinmore but he did reverse that form at Leopardstown .He will be better on faster ground and he will get the strong pace tht he adores.Serious each way chance for those who missed the value with Vautour.

Still don’t know where Valseur Lido will be running.It will be either this race or the RSA all depending on where Don Poli runs.He is a top class horse who will be a plyer in whatever race he runs.Ptit Zig is another horse that has been  revelation this season.He did fall against more experienced rivals at Ascot in his last race but he had won his 4 previous races quite easily.The only thing I am worried about Ptit Zig is he can make the odd mistakes and this could be unforgiving at Cheltenham.We have seen what happened with Rock On Ruby last year when he clattered an early fence and it was game over.At bigger odds Splash of Ginge at 25-1 could represent some decent value as he will relish a return to faster ground.But I can’t see past Vautour.If he jumps like we know he can he will demolish this field with Ruby doing the steering.The main danger could be Apache Stronghold

Selection – Vautour 5-1 (antepost ) and 3-1/6-1 to win any race at the festival

2.05 Pertemps Networks Final

This is another tough race at the festival to solve for us punters due to its competitive nature and big field.Despite the higher standard of horses the Pertemps is now attracting the horses towards the top of handicap continue to struggle.Favorite backers were only rewarded once in the last 11 years and that was last year when Fingal Bay won off top weight.10 out of the last 11 winners have been double figure odds.We have to look for a horse aged between eight and ten as they have won seven of the last 9 runnings.The best guide to this race must be the Fixed Brush Handicap Hurdle with three of the last six winners finishing in the first five.Since am not too sure about official entries I haven’t had a bet in race but rumours saying Edeymi has been laid out for this race and he is currently priced at 12-1 .

Selection – Edeymi 8-1 & Call The Cops 11-1

2.40 Ryanair Chase

The Ryanair is run over 2 miles 4 furlongs and it has always been a very competitive race.Last year Dynaste won for us but sadly he isn’t in the line up this time being injured.At the time of writing Cue Card has just been confirmed as a Non Runner in race and he was one of the contenders to the crown.The King George at Kempton can be seen roughly as a guide to this race as Dynaste became the 6th winner in the last 7 years to have been beaten in the King Georges before.The Paddy Power Gold Cup and the Betfair Ascot Chase have provided four winners each in recent yearsand are useful guides.The Irish have a really poor record in race with no winners from 28 since 2005.Don Cossack will want to buckle that trend next week.You need to find a horse with stamina in abundance and also that travels /jumps fluenly.Don Cossack has been awesome this season and his task has been made easier with the defection of Cue Card.He has won 4 out of 4 this season including the John Durkan at Punchestown and has been jumping brilliantly in all those races.He will relish the faster ground next week and the only small negative will be the big field as he has always been racing in small fields in Ireland.He looks rock solid at the top of the market and it will take a good one to lower his colours.Balder Succes has been frustrating this season before he rediscovered his love for the game recently by winning at Kempton and then the Grade 1 at Ascot (Ma Filleule was 2nd behind ).He has been transformed by the step up in distance and a repeat of his Ascot performance will give him strong claims to land the prize.

Ma Filleule(one of our horses to follow this season) will be a serious contender in the race too as she will get the 7lbs mares allowance .She demolished the the field last year in the Topham Chase and had previously finished 2nd to Holywell at the festival.She was beaten last December but hated the ground that day.She is a spring horse and is an each way bet to nothing in race.Taquin Du Seuil has been very disappointing this season and has been labouring in most of his race.He won at the festival last year but he will need to be at his very best to trouble the main protagonists.I will give a small chance to Johns Spirit who has solid course form at Cheltenham.He should have won back to back Paddy Power Gold Cup but was narrowly denied by Caid du Berlais under a terrific ride from Sam Twiston Davies.He could run a big race at decent odds.I have this race between Don Cossack and Ma Filleule.I am going to follow my brains and go with Ma Filleule

Selection – Ma Filleule 5-1

3.20 Ladbrokes World Hurdle

It is one of the leading long distance hurdle event at the festival.It is the highlight of Day 3 and we have seen the likes of Big Bucks dominating this race for years recently.More of That ,the defending champion is sadly not here this time to defend this crown.I am also convinced that Willie Mullins won’t be running Annie Power here and will send her to Mares Hurdle,a race that she has been aimed all season.The Long Walk Hurdle had been a strong guide recently and has featured more World Hurdle winners than any other race in the last 20 years.The Cleeve Hurdle is also one that has delivered 4 winners and 3 runner ups in last 8 years.The Irish have a poor record in race since 1995 and only had one winner in last 20 years in Solwhit.The race is wide open this year Lets start with Saphir du Rheu,one of the horses I put forward in my ones to follow this season.He was sent chasing but was very disappointing.He wasn’t a natural over fences and it was right decision to send him back hurdling.He won the Cleeve Hurdle in great style on his return over hurdles.He was getting 4lbs from Reve de Sivola that day but I was really pleased by what I saw that day.The real Saphir du Rheu was back and he was determined and battled on gamely till the line going away.This is the sign of a very good horse and made me remember his win over Whisper in the Welsh Champion Hurdle.His sectional times were very good and he is a good stayer.Also he still has improvement in him and should be ready on the big day.

Zarkandar has ran well this season and surprised me in the process.He won a Grade 1 at Auteuil last year and he was a close 2nd in the Long Walk Hurdle when he was caught close home.I just don’t think he is a top class horse and when he was running against Hurricane Fly I used to call him Zarkandar the slow boat .Whisper was one of our most profitable horses last season when he won for us at a huge price at Cheltenham in the Coral Cup and following up in style at Aintree.In fact I was following my form lines through Saphir du Rheu .He was also sent chasing but never warmed to the task at Exeter.I think he has been laid for this race and must have solid each way claims in race.The ground will suit and the yard are firing big time just at the right time.The 14-1 available right now could be big next week.Rock On Ruby is another one that has performed credibly well since he reverted back over the small obstacles.I just think the step up in distance might stretch him a bit but he is one to consider for place claims as he has rock solid course form.I will also give a small mention to Un Temps Pour Tout ,another horse on my list to follow.He has been prepared for this race and ran well behind Saphir du Rheu last time out.He will improve a lot for that run and could be the dark horse in race.

Selections – Saphir du Rheu 11-2  ,Whisper 14-1  saver

Forecast/Tricast – Saphir du Rheu/Whisper/Un Temps Pour Tout

4.00 Browne Advisory & Merribelle Stable Plate (formerly known as Byrne Plate)

This is another tricky handicap race at the festival and one that hasn’t been too kind for punters in recent years.Only 1 favorite has won in the last 14 years and winners in the past 6 years have been 12-1,50-1,18-1,66-1,33-1.Its a race that David Pipe likes to target and he has won 3 times in the last 5 years.Venitia Williams is another trainer than has won the race 3 times in the last 8 years .It’s worth paying attention to what they run in race even if they are double figure odds.Also French bred horses have a nice record in race having won in 7 times.

Selections –Attaglance 12-1 & Caid Du Berlais 14-1

4.40 Fulke Walwyn KimMuir Challenge

This race is reserved for amateur riders and is run over 3 miles 1 furlong.Donald McCain likes to target this race as five of his last eight runners have finished in the top five.Six of the last ten winners have contested a handicap chase at Cheltenham in the season.So far we don’t know yet which horses will be running in that race as many have multiple entries.Benbane Head 25-1 ,Soll 16-1 ,Garrahalish 25-1,Lamb Or Cod 33-1 will be some of the horses I will be keeping a close eye in race.No bet yet

Selections – The Package 16-1 & Garrahalish 33-1

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: March 12, 2015, 12:45:17 pm »
One I fancy to run well at a big price is Pineau De Re in the 2:05.

With Cheltenham,  course form can be vital. Third in the same race last year, finishing like a train up the hill. Only up 3lbs from that performance. Grand national winner, so no danger of it not staying the 3 miles, although might find one or two too quick for it.

Also, Dr Newland's horses seem in decent form, with him having a big handicap winner at the weekend, the name of the horse escapes me though.

28/1. One of my favourite horses as I coined in on it in last year's national. Will do a single, and doubled up with Ataglance, another horse which seems to come alive at Cheltenham.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:13:07 pm by XabiAlonsosBeard »
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: March 12, 2015, 01:05:01 pm »
Placepot

Vatour

Regal Encore

Johns Spirit/Ma Filleule

Saphir Du Rheu

Buywise/Un Ace

Clondaw Knight/The Package

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: March 12, 2015, 01:07:08 pm »
Don't miss this offer from 888 who is offering 7/1 on Vautour to win the JLT

No idea what the terms are folks but aware some of you have an account.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 12, 2015, 01:09:16 pm »
A few mad accas on too.

Main bet is patent of Vautour, Lieutenant Colonel and Champagne James.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: March 12, 2015, 01:11:37 pm »
No idea what the terms are folks but aware some of you have an account.

New users only thank god as Ive only just had a big bet at 13/8 on 888!!

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 12, 2015, 01:13:58 pm »
New users only thank god as Ive only just had a big bet at 13/8 on 888!!
Went big on 6/4 mate, fingers crossed!! Best of luck to everyone today