Author Topic: YOU control Merseyside, what do you do?  (Read 8409 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: YOU control Merseyside, what do you do?
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 11:27:18 am »
There already is a shuttle bus - the 500
have a faster one
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2016, 02:41:19 pm »
have a faster one

Don't think it's possible to have a faster one, 500 takes 20-25 minutes as it is, even a car will take about 20 minutes.
#Sausages

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #42 on: May 2, 2016, 01:03:03 am »
Roll out a compulsory education program at infant school level driving the message home of how all scousers are brothers no matter what colour they cling to.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: May 2, 2016, 05:58:45 am »
Expand the cruise liner business.

They've already announced a new Cruise Terminal will be built

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44 on: May 2, 2016, 11:35:44 am »
Roll out a compulsory education program at infant school level driving the message home of how all scousers are brothers no matter what colour they cling to.
Worra abar the girls la.... ;D...no room for our sisters.... ;)

I can dig this, a lot. I fuckin hate the Blue /Red divide and it's too divisive...it really fuckin annoys me. We all Scousers and that for me is more important than who you support...any c*nt from anywhere can support either club.....being a Scouser though.....you gotta be blessed.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 2, 2016, 12:06:26 pm »

I can dig this, a lot. I fuckin hate the Blue /Red divide and it's too divisive...it really fuckin annoys me. We all Scousers and that for me is more important than who you support...any c*nt from anywhere can support either club.....being a Scouser though.....you gotta be blessed.
Scousist.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #46 on: May 2, 2016, 01:21:05 pm »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #47 on: May 2, 2016, 01:42:42 pm »

Sorry, should have said brothers and sisters  ;)

Footage from the 86 and 89 Wembley terraces should be compulsory viewing, and "He aint Heavy, He's my Brother" should be the adopted common anthem at the start of the school day.
 ;D

Only then can we squeeze out the bitter generation that failed to experience MerseyPride or went through the indoctrination program that I am proposing!
 ;D

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2016, 12:29:48 am »
Always felt Liverpool needs better rail links so I'd like a London style tube link around the city.

Offline BossThaLa82

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2016, 03:16:39 pm »
Don't see many if any kids playing street football around Liverpool these days and all the astro turfs are like Fort Knox and you can't climb over the fence like back in the day and have huge matches where you learnt to play. I'd build free sport pitches with solid iron footy goals, basket ball hoops and a tennis area for kids who can't afford to take part in sports.

Liverpool & Everton could maybe help fund these free mini sport pitches around Liverpool for local kids and hold summer tournaments and i would garrantee they would find talent.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2016, 08:25:20 pm »
Pay a big fat bonus to the nurses at the Royal who gave up their saturday evening to help with the emergency operation on my detached retina.

The surgeon was getting medieval on my eye, and the three nurses (as well as doing their jobs) kept me distracted and entertained for the whole 90 minutes with daft banter and terrible jokes! :)  Where would we be without people like these. Unsung heroes.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2016, 11:46:50 pm »
Don't see many if any kids playing street football around Liverpool these days and all the astro turfs are like Fort Knox and you can't climb over the fence like back in the day and have huge matches where you learnt to play. I'd build free sport pitches with solid iron footy goals, basket ball hoops and a tennis area for kids who can't afford to take part in sports.

Liverpool & Everton could maybe help fund these free mini sport pitches around Liverpool for local kids and hold summer tournaments and i would garrantee they would find talent.

Ive made a similar point for a few years now , since Rhys jones was shot that everton and Liverpool could have a pre season curtain raiser every year with all the money going to establish a few sporting facilities around the city . The game would possibly raise around a million pound every year amd might help in returning the atmosphere to days gone by ...or at least not as toxic

Offline BossThaLa82

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2016, 04:30:51 pm »
Ive made a similar point for a few years now , since Rhys jones was shot that everton and Liverpool could have a pre season curtain raiser every year with all the money going to establish a few sporting facilities around the city . The game would possibly raise around a million pound every year amd might help in returning the atmosphere to days gone by ...or at least not as toxic

Yeah very good idea and could be done and it would make a hell of a lot of difference in communities around the city.

I will give Everton credit where it is due they do a lot more for the local community than Liverpool but they could both do a lot more providing sporting facilities around the city, my local astro is like Fort Knox now and a current premiership player learnt to play there for free when it was not in use, the kids there now don't have that option anymore and many can't afford to play on the modern astro pitches.

Don't get me wrong it's a different generation to when I grew up yes we had megadrives, playstation etc, but we still played street football every day until it went dark or climbed over the astro fence to have big matches against the older kids.

Just think the city and clubs could do a lot more with free sporting facilities for kids as we are one of the biggest football hubs in the country which has produced more professional players than the rest of the country, I might be wrong there could be the northeast.

Anyway if the council and the clubs could work together to fund these hard wearing sport pitches for the kids of Liverpool maybe we would have more kids putting time and effort into sport than getting up to no good in gangs.

Also we would produce more fowlers and gerrards in the future because 95% of footballers come from poorer/working class backgrounds and the council and club's need to do more.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:33:15 pm by BossThaLa82 »

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2016, 11:42:21 pm »
Selfishly I'd love a train line passing through West Derby.

We're always left out of the discussion, have lots of schools in the area in close prolixity, Alder Hey and the 15 Bus is shite.

Stations near Walkers field and Sainsbury in Knotty Ash would be ideal.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2016, 12:06:06 am »

We're always left out of the discussion, have lots of schools in the area in close prolixity, Alder Hey and the 15 Bus is shite.

If it wasn't for the short sighted numskull Dr Beeching in the 1960's, you'd probably still have one mate.
http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map/route/liverpool-loop-line

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:30:49 am by John C »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2016, 05:29:35 pm »

You had one, you lost it...you've gorra bike path now....gerra bike.