Author Topic: SORRY - He's got to go....  (Read 44645 times)

Offline RedSoul9

• Anny Roader
  • Epic Swindle
Re: SORRY - He's got to go....
« Reply #360 on: October 3, 2010, 07:25:39 pm »
question though

its not the liverpool way but how long before the kop start chanting for roy to go? would it ever happen?

think liverpool way went along time ago. todays proof of that..i've never seen the kop chant for somone elses name.

it actually started away to man city when the rafa benitez song got sung..

as for chant for roy to go..wont be surprised if that happened as well.
When I was going through those moments of uncertainty a lot of fans supported me, saying: 'We want you to stay. But at the end of the day, if you don't, we wish you all the best and we are happy that you have been here.' I am very grateful for that. I am here now, and very happy to be here. There is no other club like Liverpool. - Xabi Alonso

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #361 on: October 3, 2010, 07:26:35 pm »
Sorry, but that rings of 'the Geordie' situation 2 years ago. Sack the Manager bring in our biggest hero to Manage the team (Shearer), and get relegated!
It doesnt work like that. I was listening to Digger the other day on 5-Live. Spoke a lot of sense about judging persons on issues that havent happened yet. In other words...If we sack Roy, who is to say he would have had Liverpool relegated? Pure utter nonsense.
Right now....we are in a relegation position...more worryingly, the style of play, the selection of players made, and frankly the general demeanour of the manager does not inspire ANY confidence that this won't be position towards the end of the season if he remains in place...btw, we are Liverpool Football Club...the most decorated club in this country...not used to the mighty Northampton/Blackpool working us over...

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #362 on: October 3, 2010, 07:27:19 pm »
LOL.
So many things in my life are sinking ships atm, but hey - atleast its RBS deadline day soon.

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #363 on: October 3, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »
The Guardian; http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/03/liverpool-blackpool-premier-league

Last line rings hardest for me.

"The introduction of Keith Southern into central midfield stemmed the flow and Blackpool should have won by a greater margin as a dishevelled Liverpool finished the game with Gerrard at centre-back, Raul Meireles at left back and with Kyrgaikos up front. They are a shambles on and off the pitch."
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: October 3, 2010, 07:27:57 pm »
btw, we are Liverpool Football Club...the most decorated club in this country...

::)
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #365 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:14 pm »
Dalglish would have the patience and trust of the fans. I'd trust him. I dont trust Roy in the slightest.

He would also know how to get a team playing well - something that seems beyond our current manager.

See that's the thing, knowing what some of our fanbase is like these days, I think they'd be on Kenny's back after a bit of results didn't turn round. I don't want Kenny being another victim in the soap opera that is our club these days. Roy Hodson is just another fall guy in this depressing affair, albeit one who many of us thought would crash and burn when appointed to this job.  I cant imagine this board making a decision that was in the best interests of the club, and so far they have failed to disappoint in that respect.

By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline toxtethlad

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:32 pm »
Quote from: Roy Hodgson
We knew they were an offensive team but if we dealt with their balls forward there would be chances for us to get them turned around and that's what happened in the second period.

I really don't want to join the more hysteric attacks on the manager, but how the fuck do we have a manager at Liverpool whose tactical approach to a newly promoted team at Anfield is to sit back and soak up their attacks, then hope we can turn them around on the counter?

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:34 pm »
What hes doing on the pitch is nothing to do with whats happening off the pitch.

The yanks are fucking our club

Roy is fucking our team

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #368 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:38 pm »
It isnt contradictory. I want Roy to stay, to hopefully proove most people wrong. Some on here think we will get relegated with the man. I dont agree.

So it isn't contradictory to suggest that if we appointed Dalglish we'd get relegated like Newcastle, and then say there's no way of knowing whether Hodgson would get us relegated?

I see.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline jimjam55

• Main Stander
  • trust in rafa
« Reply #369 on: October 3, 2010, 07:28:42 pm »
i am not one for panicking, the x villa manager is out of work, whats his name???????
jimjam

Offline brenh

• Main Stander
  • SOS MEMEBER 140
« Reply #370 on: October 3, 2010, 07:29:00 pm »
Sorry, but that rings of 'the Geordie' situation 2 years ago. Sack the Manager bring in our biggest hero to Manage the team (Shearer), and get relegated!
It doesnt work like that. I was listening to Digger the other day on 5-Live. Spoke a lot of sense about judging persons on issues that havent happened yet. In other words...If we sack Roy, who is to say he would have had Liverpool relegated? Pure utter nonsense.

he done the same with blackburn when he was there took them to the bottom and he got the sack from there ,, so you think he should not go ?? well its proved he was never good enough to take the job of our club

Offline red through and through

• Anny Roader
« Reply #371 on: October 3, 2010, 07:29:49 pm »
2 weeks break.Roy should go.Will give new manager time to settle in.
And this comes out of frustration rather than anything else.

Who?
“The recipe for perpetual ignorance is a very simple and effective one: be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge” Elbert Hubbard.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #372 on: October 3, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »
It isnt contradictory. I want Roy to stay, to hopefully proove most people wrong. Some on here think we will get relegated with the man. I dont agree.
I agree with you up to a point SR, but if this awful run continues and he doesn't prove everyone wrong....how long do we give him?
A couple of weeks a couple of months, all season?  It's a difficult question compounded by the fact the board don't really care about what happens on the pitch.

For my mind we need to give him another month at the very least, at least then the ownership question should be clearer and we should know the direction of the club.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: October 3, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »
A win against the blue shite and it will all change.

Sorry, but right now a Derby win would be like sticking a new carpet in the reception of the World Trade Centre. Yes it would look nice in isolation, but it's going to do fuck all to disguise everything that's happened around it.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: October 3, 2010, 07:29:59 pm »
See that's the thing, knowing what some of our fanbase is like these days, I think they'd be on Kenny's back after a bit of results didn't turn round. I don't want Kenny being another victim in the soap opera that is our club these days. Roy Hodson is just another fall guy in this depressing affair, albeit one who many of us thought would crash and burn when appointed to this job.  I cant imagine this board making a decision that was in the best interests of the club, and so far they have failed to disappoint in that respect.

absolutely.
lets leave kenny out of this, he deserves better than to be drafted into this pile of shite.

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #375 on: October 3, 2010, 07:30:00 pm »
There's no a manger on this planet who could turn us around without proper funding! Get yanks out and give a manager whoever it is the chance to build something!

I think now it's definately hitting home to some fans that rafa wasnt the problem!

Bingo.

Yes we need funding to challenge for title, but the lack of funds does not explain the performances against Wes Brom, Northampton, Birmingham, Blackpool etc. Either the players are completely shite or its the tactics or the manager can't get the best out of the personel. There are some good players in the squad, and roy along with his tactics isn't get the most out of them. Now we know an arm round the shoulder dlearly isn't the answer!!!

Offline dbroms

• Main Stander
« Reply #376 on: October 3, 2010, 07:30:07 pm »
This is new territory for virtually everyone, but now is the time to bring in Kenny Dalglish to manage the team and the affairs of this team. I'm sorry Roy, it's just wasn't for you.

so he can do to us what he did last time .......................walk out when the going gets tough. Dalglish should never be appointed manager . if we have to get rid of Roy it has to be after we get new owners then appoint a proper manager with good tactical know how and balls of steel  RAFA .

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #377 on: October 3, 2010, 07:30:53 pm »
 To come here and play a stone age brand of football (which we never even played in the stone age) was never going to work.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: October 3, 2010, 07:30:54 pm »
James McKenna gave a damn good interview. KEEP the preesure up on the Yanks.

He did very well under the circumstances with that particular twat interviewing him. The missus has now taken offence at my response of "no, he's a stupid fucking twat" when she said he was only doing his job.

However, I think SOS are missing a trick.

The one weak point of McKenna's interview was around the result today and the manager; no, the owners didn't put the team out. Negative net spend over two years is too complicated for that sort of interview and that sort of interviewer (believe me, the missus didn't get it when I tried to explain it). I think a better angle for SOS, SaveLFC etc - and for the future of the club - would be to recognise and channel the building anger against Hodgson, to show that he is the inevitable mediocre result of our ownership situation. To pull him up on his short termism (which is hardly fucking working), his willingness to blame everyone but himself and his inability to put out a team with any idea of what it's supposed to be doing.

Will the media hit out at SOS for turning on the manager? Yeah, for about 5 minutes. But we can also point out their hypocrisy - that Rafa had underachieved with the squad he had in finishing 7th; the players needed an arm around their shoulders, better man management and the signing of Cole! and could be challenging for the title - yet suddenly Hodgson is facing a complete rebuild and needs time. Which is it?

Forcing Purslow and Broughton into the appointment of Dalglish as caretaker manager would unify the fans: and then there is only target: the owners. SOS backing Hodgson will keep fans divided and - well, it's unsustainable. His every word sees him displaying ever more clearly just how out of his depth he is and every game takes us closer to a real nightmare scenario: an actual relegation fight.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #379 on: October 3, 2010, 07:30:54 pm »

You are really alone.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #380 on: October 3, 2010, 07:31:03 pm »
Fire the manager, fire the players, fire the board.

Depressed as fuck. Its going to be really tough being a Liverpool fan for a while to come. But can we afford to pay off Roy to leave? I think soon we might not be able to afford salaries of players. Portsmouth FC.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #381 on: October 3, 2010, 07:31:03 pm »

So you will be all Mr.Smugtwat if we finish up 4th from bottom then?
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: October 3, 2010, 07:31:12 pm »
So it isn't contradictory to suggest that if we appointed Dalglish we'd get relegated like Newcastle, and then say there's no way of knowing whether Hodgson would get us relegated?

I see.
Its a massive risk taking Dalglish. It will not happen, and should not happen. Dalglish isnt the man to take us out of this mess. The Manager and the players ARE the ones to sort it in the short time. Collectively, I am sure they will.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 3, 2010, 07:31:33 pm »
so he can do to us what he did last time .......................walk out when the going gets tough. Dalglish should never be appointed manager . if we have to get rid of Roy it has to be after we get new owners then appoint a proper manager with good tactical know how and balls of steel  RAFA .

Do one you ignorant twat.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 3, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »

FUCK OFF
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #385 on: October 3, 2010, 07:31:41 pm »
Didn't think he would be good enough, and he isn't.

He's a small problem to the bigger problem though in reality.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #386 on: October 3, 2010, 07:31:55 pm »
We're fucked and have been since our performances last year gave the board the perfect excuse they were looking for to sack Rafa.
You can debate all you like why the performances dropped to such an extent last year but we were fucked from that point.

We were never going to bring in anyone better than Rafa, Roy was never going to help us regain our top 4 status, said at the time i didn't want Dalglish tainted by the mess we have become and i stand by it.

This is the shit storm we all predicted long before, during and after Rafa's departure. Sacking Roy now is not the answer in my opinion.
We will not be relegated and malaise will only be blown away by the change at the top that wee all know is so badly needed.

"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 3, 2010, 07:32:27 pm »
Anyone know what happened to Torres? Is he really injured, or just pissed off?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 3, 2010, 07:32:57 pm »
This is new territory for virtually everyone,
It is mate and the response is alarming, I'm not quite ready to join in yet.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #389 on: October 3, 2010, 07:33:24 pm »
Its a massive risk taking Dalglish. It will not happen, and should not happen. Dalglish isnt the man to take us out of this mess. The Manager and the players ARE the ones to sort it in the short time. Collectively, I am sure they will.

Didn't say anything about Dalglish. I was just wondering how you can expect your views to be taken seriously when you write something which contradicts what you said not 30 seconds before.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Litmanen Legend

• Anny Roader
  • I know how to Finnish!
« Reply #390 on: October 3, 2010, 07:33:32 pm »
I believe in the spirit of Liverpool. Roy and the team should not be allowed to Walk Alone!

I am behind them 100%.

Offline RedSoul9

• Anny Roader
  • Epic Swindle
« Reply #391 on: October 3, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »

both.
When I was going through those moments of uncertainty a lot of fans supported me, saying: 'We want you to stay. But at the end of the day, if you don't, we wish you all the best and we are happy that you have been here.' I am very grateful for that. I am here now, and very happy to be here. There is no other club like Liverpool. - Xabi Alonso

Offline dbroms

• Main Stander
« Reply #392 on: October 3, 2010, 07:34:13 pm »
Do one you ignorant twat.

Ignorant ???????????   the following word sums you up. Its a valid point mate , face up to it He walked out on us last time.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: October 3, 2010, 07:34:25 pm »
It's disappointing to say it but the man is out of his depth. Weird decisions being made and even more desperate choice of words when the match is over.

I'm all for giving time but the signs aren't good and he's not endearing himself to anyone.
To those saying, "give it time, he'll turn it around." How confident are you then compared to say, "give it time, he'll struggle to get us out of the bottom 3-5 positions in a couple of months time if the shite results and performances continue" won't be the actual outcome?

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #394 on: October 3, 2010, 07:34:27 pm »
However, I think SOS are missing a trick.

If Hodgson stays and the results stay as they are all the muppets not resisting the yanks will turn on their pet manager -Roy.

Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: October 3, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »
You are really alone.
Yes, seems like it, but it doesnt bother me to support my Manager after 7 games. He has my backing, and I will not pannick unlike most of you lot.
So you will be all Mr.Smugtwat if we finish up 4th from bottom then?
We will not finish 4th bottom. Stop sounding stupid. End of the Season we will be miles away from relegation. Quote me on that.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: October 3, 2010, 07:35:14 pm »

Yeh, it got to 10 minutes in and he thought fuck this im off for a san miguel
« Last Edit: October 3, 2010, 07:38:16 pm by GODS LEFT BOOT »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 3, 2010, 07:35:18 pm »

are you fucking mental??

Offline graym

• here, there and everywhere
  • Main Stander
  • bob paisleys fusillers
« Reply #398 on: October 3, 2010, 07:36:04 pm »
this comment on guardian blog !!!!!!!!!!!
Blackpool are a tough team, we haven't beaten them at Anfield for goodness knows how many years. I've got to say my expectations were not that high anyway. I am a little disappointed to lose the game but would not have been disappointed if we could have held them to a draw.

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #399 on: October 3, 2010, 07:36:27 pm »
10 pages about the manager going since the game ended, yet only 6 pages about the march and after game stay behind, and taht thread was started days ago. This is where the problem is, people are letting themselves get distracted.

Folks, seriously, you need to understand, thos of you that dont already, that whoever is manager of the club, as long as we are under the ownership of those bastards, its all irrelevant. Kenny takes over tomorrow, say he improves performances on the pitch, what does it mean long term? He cant take us to where we want to be, not with the current ownership. Or say he cant turn it round? What happens then?

Same goes for any name you want to throw out there to take over from Roy tonight, tomorrow, next week - it doesnt matter. Dont get me wrong, I DONT think Roy is the man for the job, I never have thought that and it would take a lot to convince me otherwise, but, right now, who the manager of our club is is NOT the matter we need to concern ourselves with. This club in its current guise is NOT Liverpool Football Club as we know and love it. Its like someone robbing your bank card and stealing your identity, thats whats happened to our club. Roy cant fix it, Kenny cant fix it, Rafa cant fix it, not the spirt of the great Shankly or Paisley can fix it.

We NEED to get rid of the owners, we NEED to focus our attention on removing the cancer from OUR Clunb, we NEED to get stability off the field, and only THEN can we really look to get back to where we were oh not so long ago, and whoever our manager is at that time we can get behind them and discuss the football matters of this Club.

Focusing right now on the manager is only distracting us from what is important, please, people, do not allow yourselves to be distracted, the only way forward is removing 'them'. THEN we can come back here and talk about the proper stuff, who should be left back, what position we need cover in, is the manager right for the job etc. At the moment I cant even think about these things, our Club will NOT be our Club as long as they own us, regardless of Roy being in charge or not.

Please, please, focus on the action we need to take. We MUST get the yanks out. Its not our key priority, its our ONLY priority.

YNWA