Author Topic: SORRY - He's got to go....  (Read 44894 times)

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
Re: SORRY - He's got to go....
« Reply #320 on: October 3, 2010, 07:11:09 pm »
Fair enough. I respect your opinion. Agree to disagree.

SOS live on Sky Sports News right now. Backing the Manager... Keep the focus on the boardroom.

Right to keep the focus on the boardroom...

Wrong to back THIS manager, he was appointed by this BOARDROOM. Yet another failure of theirs..... 

They miss a point of Leverage by ignoring the inadequacies of RH
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline El Genio

• Drops more than books in the bed. Voted RAWKite with the stickiest trousers 2009-10
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #321 on: October 3, 2010, 07:11:50 pm »
"I suppose I'm in a situation where I'd rather not think about the game," he (Hodgson) admitted. 

I cant fucking cope, honestly.

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #322 on: October 3, 2010, 07:11:56 pm »
Fair enough. I respect your opinion. Agree to disagree.

SOS live on Sky Sports News right now. Backing the Manager... Keep the focus on the boardroom.

Are you really serious with all that crap? Sooner or later this year we will get rid of the owners. By then, it might be to late to fix the shit on the pitch.

I never tought i would say this - but now we should just stop to give a shit about te owners, really, and focus on the pitch. End up in the CCC would be even more devastating then have H&G as owners to New Year.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline A_T

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: October 3, 2010, 07:12:13 pm »
It's not Hodgson's fault. We lost Alonso, then Mascerano and nowadays Torres is never 100%. Not surprising we're struggling they were our best players (with Gerrard).
Dignity and honour, carrying us upwards, upwards into the heavens of Eternity

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: October 3, 2010, 07:12:41 pm »
I know it will never happen but I would fucking love for us to get Capello in. I would LOVE it!

Whip these fuckers into shape sharpish.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #325 on: October 3, 2010, 07:13:00 pm »
Put the wanker back in his place then like I've just done.

Plus they want to appoint the club's greatest player to save us from relegation...SHEARER!!!!!!  :no

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #326 on: October 3, 2010, 07:13:19 pm »
  Kenny is liverpool through and through, And he will lift the feeling around the club and also just play the best fuckin 11 players in the right position.

Being Liverpool through and through is irrelevant to Managing a football team,most of whom have never heard of him and never saw him play, and some of whom were not even born when he last managed us.

The further problem is that even with our best 11 players in position, we still had the Fiorentina, Reading and Hull results last season.

"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #327 on: October 3, 2010, 07:14:06 pm »
Key to what, though? Finishing 7th or 12th or avoiding relegation?

The entire club is totally devoid of direction at owner and board level and has been for three years. Rafa and the players just about held it together last season, but there's only so long that could happen. There's only so much you can do as an employee when the senior management are totally fucking shit.

Roy can't 'fix' anything cos he doesn't have the authority to fix what's over his head. All he can try to do is keep bailing to keep the ship afloat, and it doesn't look like he's got what it takes.

Well we finished 7th last season so that should be the starting point for this season, our aim should be 7th or better. I think Roy is key to getting us around 7th position at the moment which is a start. We'll have to see from there, for now i just want to us not fighting relegation come January, with one manager here that can learn who his best players are, their best positions, the best tactics for each player in the team etc it will happen faster and we can look to get beyond that 7th position.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 3, 2010, 07:14:11 pm »
Right to keep the focus on the boardroom...

Wrong to back THIS manager, he was appointed by this BOARDROOM. Yet another failure of theirs..... 

They miss a point of Leverage by ignoring the inadequacies of RH

and who do you think will be appointing the next one?

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: October 3, 2010, 07:14:58 pm »
James McKenna gave a damn good interview. KEEP the preesure up on the Yanks.

Doesnt the Boardroom ALLWAYS appoint the Manager?

Offline Heathcote_Simpleton

• Kopite
« Reply #330 on: October 3, 2010, 07:15:03 pm »
We are going to get absolutely murdered by the Blue Shite in the next match.

Only chance we have is by getting Kenny and Thommo in now, fitting his first game would be against them.

Will never happen though. 

Roy won't resign because he doesn't think he's done anything wrong.  Purslow won't sack him as it would mean admitting he has made a mistake and he doesn't do mistakes.
"Liverpool is a fantastic club with a remarkable history and a passionate fan base. We fully acknowledge and appreciate the unique heritage and rich history of Liverpool and intend to respect this heritage in the future."

Tom Hicks and George Gillett

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: October 3, 2010, 07:15:04 pm »
and who do you think will be appointing the next one?

Santa Claus....
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #332 on: October 3, 2010, 07:15:31 pm »
Indeed.  This is the MANAGER of the football team, and he DOES NOT want to think about, analyze the game.  Boggles the mind.  What is his purpose as manager then? 
Jeezus wept, it was just a figure of speech, it wasn't literal.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 3, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »
If we are to change,

this is the best time with 2 weeks to the next match.

And I really do not think he will go. First, he will NOT resign. Afterall, he is managing a big club, he himself would want to prove that he is good enough, there is a lot of ego and I am sure that he would want to show that he is capable. And the costs of sacking him will be too much for us atm

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: October 3, 2010, 07:16:06 pm »
No need to apologise he should never have been appointed to begin with.  Said it at the time this would end in tears it was so obvious to everyone except Purslow and his little media cronies. 

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 3, 2010, 07:16:37 pm »
Targets have obviously changed now. Talk of top 4 is foolish and it's about stabilising the team, especially in defence, and taking each game as it comes. If we're lucky we can solidify top 8 and try to win the odd trophy, but this needs nipping in the bud quickly before it continues to fester or we could be bottom of the league this time next week.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: October 3, 2010, 07:17:22 pm »
Unfortunately, we are now beginning to see what an absolutely disastrous decision it was to sack Rafa.  Does anyone believe that we would be in this state if he had stayed.  But, that's all water under the bridge now.  I said I'd give Roy a year but right now, I'm beginning to waver on this.  I don't have confidence in the kind of football we are playing.  Last year, Rafa had one of the worst injury crises I can remember.  This year, there are no injuries.  There is no excuse for a start like this.  The idiots in charge ignored what Rafa did for the club while myself and a large section of the fans protestations were ignored.  This is what happens when the people at the top are clueless.  The only silver lining is that this may scare the heck out of the current owners as they can now forget any hope whatsoever of CL football.  Hell, we'd be lucky to get into Europe at the rate we are going. 

I know there is a long way to go in the season and I think we will turn it around (how could we not with players like Gerrard and Torres) but I expect that a mid-table finish isn't exactly the type of change the muppets who were clamouring for Rafa to be sacked were hoping for.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 3, 2010, 07:17:43 pm »
Clap clap, clap clap clap, clap clap clap clap.. Dalglish!!!

says it all

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 3, 2010, 07:18:29 pm »
If we're lucky we can solidify top 8 and try to win the odd trophy

That means he's failed if we finish 8th

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 3, 2010, 07:18:34 pm »
"I suppose I'm in a situation where I'd rather not think about the game," he (Hodgson) admitted. 

I cant fucking cope, honestly.

whereas he should have said this,

"I suppose I'm in a situation where I'd rather not think about the game. Honestly, I cant fucking cope"  he (Hodgson) admitted. 

Offline brenh

• Main Stander
  • SOS MEMEBER 140
« Reply #340 on: October 3, 2010, 07:18:38 pm »
It's not Hodgson's fault. We lost Alonso, then Mascerano and nowadays Torres is never 100%. Not surprising we're struggling they were our best players (with Gerrard).

how cant it be his fault ??? he has to go i knew it would come to this ,, he done the same with blackburn and a few other clubs in italy

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 3, 2010, 07:18:49 pm »
Is Keegan working for anyone at the moment?......
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 3, 2010, 07:18:57 pm »
question though

its not the liverpool way but how long before the kop start chanting for roy to go? would it ever happen?

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: October 3, 2010, 07:19:01 pm »
The club needs a total clear out top to bottom.  Maybe a 9 point reduction, relegation and a ground up rebuild is the way forward.  The rumours about Carra and Stevie engineering Rafa's exit absolutely stink.  Players running the club is like the tail wagging the dog.  LFC has a terrible disease running all the way through it.  We need to start again.  Horrible prospect but unfortunately, it seems to be the only way out. 

The club never needed and still doesn't need a clear out. But unfortunately roy ( along with himself and staff has brought in some players which will never adapt to the liverpool way of playing football. The result doesn't effect me to be honest. Like I've said before, I'm not interested in what's going on, on the pitch anymore, its what's happening off it which really worries me, WHEN they do fuck off out of dodge though, I'm afraid Roy has to go with them.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 3, 2010, 07:19:02 pm »
After watching Roy's interview, he looks like a lost & defeated old man.we are in serious trouble because Roy can't seem to motivate himself let alone the players. :(

Offline igloo

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields of Anfield Road....
« Reply #345 on: October 3, 2010, 07:19:16 pm »
First, when Houllier left, it was clear his time was up, the last squad he has assembled was below the average line we had for the club "you ain't going to win the league with Cheyrou, Diouf, Diao, Traoré and Biscan" and therefore it was time to leave, and so came in Rafa who with all the little resources he had to live with under both Moores and the two twats he still managed superbly, the funny thing is too many people out there are only remembering the last season under Benítez as if he didn't make it here for 6 years "which shows how much many people hated the man for all his great work!"

Second, I tried my best to give Hodgson a go, not for anything, except that he's got the seat, and it is his right to be supported by me and all other reds out there. However, it is very clear he has no clue how to handle pressure, how to handle his own players "Torres was injured within 10 minutes; has it been Rafa he would have rested Torres and got slated from everyone, even if he kept the boy away from trouble!!!!!!!!!!!", or how to handle a big club like ours. His tactics were all wrong, the side looked out of sorts, some players looked like they wanted to help "Raul, Kyrgiakos, and to some extent Gerrard", but they were not positioned correctly, they didn't feel like playing their part faithfully "apart from Carra, cause he was forced there anyways"

Third, the fact that Hodgson came in during a tough time may count to him, but in all fairness, Houllier left when it was well and truly his time to leave... Rafa was forced out. Rafa's job is not done, which explains why many of us are still attached to the Spaniard, we're looking into all bits and pieces we may get our hands on to read through the lines hoping to get a clue why this whole thing happened.

Rafa was forced out, by the two twats who didn't want him to expose them, by the two shit bags "Purslow and Broughton" who didn't want someone considerably below the line to teach them how to do things", and by the media circus who had people like alex fergushit, fat sam and fat bruce who only wished a man like Benítez can leave as soon as possible so they can rest assured that this Liverpool side will remain asleep.

I thought I'd be upset after this result, but you know what... THIS that we saw today was NOT OUR CLUB, my club makes me dream, makes me feel that anything is possible, and it's not down to its history, it was down to its spirit that lived on for years... the Spirit of Shankly that will remain inside any true Liverpool supporter and any proud man donning that Red piece from heaven.

All I'm looking forward to right now is to oversee the sale happen, the next few weeks are going to be very, VERY interesting indeed, it will make or break the rest of the history of this great club.

To the ONE AND TRUE Liverpool Club... You'll Never Walk Alone...

Agree. YNWA
YNWA

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #346 on: October 3, 2010, 07:20:06 pm »
Pellegrini. Pellegrini. Pellegrini.

Sorry, thought his name might be like the Candyman.

Offline MarkoPanadero

• Main Stander
« Reply #347 on: October 3, 2010, 07:20:34 pm »
Lets make our greatest player the new manager, oh an then in 3 months let our fantastic 'fans' call for his head too! Knocks me sick going into that ground at the moment and this thread is the perfect example of why this club is dying, forget the fact 2 men are raping the club and have done so for 3 years, priority is roys tactics, thats why were fucked....... roys tactics. We all heard the boooooooing today, disgusting, people busy booooing whilst i'm protesting. Lock this shit thread
The Balloon Head shouting in Lower Centenary

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 3, 2010, 07:20:45 pm »
Roy out and Kenny/Thommo combination to steady the ship until new owners come in. Its clear Roy is out of his depth and shows no signs of knowing how to improve.
Sorry, but that rings of 'the Geordie' situation 2 years ago. Sack the Manager bring in our biggest hero to Manage the team (Shearer), and get relegated!
It doesnt work like that. I was listening to Digger the other day on 5-Live. Spoke a lot of sense about judging persons on issues that havent happened yet. In other words...If we sack Roy, who is to say he would have had Liverpool relegated? Pure utter nonsense.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: October 3, 2010, 07:21:28 pm »
What's Pellegrini going to do? Play sexshy football?

Nothing will change until the cancer is removed. We're dying.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #350 on: October 3, 2010, 07:21:30 pm »
Being Liverpool through and through is irrelevant to Managing a football team,most of whom have never heard of him and never saw him play, and some of whom were not even born when he last managed us.

I'm sorry, you are seriously trying to make an argument that the supporters of this club do not know of Kenny Dalglish, his managerial record good and bad, "bad" being I think second with a Newcastle club coming to pieces at the time and an FA Cup Final appearance

[\quote]The further problem is that even with our best 11 players in position, we still had the Fiorentina, Reading and Hull results last season.
[/quote]

A Rafa deflection does not detract from the argument that Roy is not capable, and is also now blaming everyone else for not putting the players in and knid of right positon

Offline jonnyrich

• Main Stander
« Reply #351 on: October 3, 2010, 07:22:05 pm »
A win against the blue shite and it will all change.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 3, 2010, 07:22:17 pm »
This is new territory for virtually everyone, but now is the time to bring in Kenny Dalglish to manage the team and the affairs of this team. I'm sorry Roy, it's just wasn't for you.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #353 on: October 3, 2010, 07:22:17 pm »
The further problem is that even with our best 11 players in position, we still had the Fiorentina, Reading and Hull results last season.

Strangely, unless equipped with a tardis, we can do fuck all about last season's results....

It's THIS season we are discussing and need to deal with.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Promised to never post on RAWK again

• Might be Estonian_Red, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. In fact don't trust anything anyone says... EVER.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Where Amazing Happens
« Reply #354 on: October 3, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »
Being Liverpool through and through is irrelevant to Managing a football team, most of whom have never heard of him and never saw him play, and some of whom were not even born when he last managed us.

Getting Kenny as our manager would be a big gamble, but these are desperate times and require desperate solutions ... He will instantly get the fans' support and will firmly put Carragher and Gerrard under control, simply because he is too big at this club, even for those two ... His appointment as our manager will also help us in our fight against the owners, as he would inevitably turn into the even more influential version of Rafa from that position ...
The internet is a bad place - People like Mac Red are on it.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #355 on: October 3, 2010, 07:23:08 pm »
While I see your point, the use of such phrases offers a window into his mindset, and it is not pretty.  Why would you even say something like that?  It is a weak sort of thing to say...even as a figure of speech, it implies a sense of despair on the part of the manager - the person who should be steady, poised enough to guide the ship.
I think you've got to take it in the context of the whole of his post match interview, where he pretty much held his hands up. Not that he could do much else.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #356 on: October 3, 2010, 07:23:11 pm »
Sorry, but that rings of 'the Geordie' situation 2 years ago. Sack the Manager bring in our biggest hero to Manage the team (Shearer), and get relegated!
It doesnt work like that. I was listening to Digger the other day on 5-Live. Spoke a lot of sense about judging persons on issues that havent happened yet. In other words...If we sack Roy, who is to say he would have had Liverpool relegated? Pure utter nonsense.

I'm curious, when you were typing the last sentence there were you aware of how quickly you were contradicting yourself? Or have I just pointed it out to you?
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #357 on: October 3, 2010, 07:23:45 pm »
I'm sorry, you are seriously trying to make an argument that the supporters of this club do not know of Kenny Dalglish, his managerial record good and bad, "bad" being I think second with a Newcastle club coming to pieces at the time and an FA Cup Final appearance

Remind you of another club you've heard of?

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: October 3, 2010, 07:25:03 pm »
Shocked he hasnt resigned already. The amazing thing is I wasntthat bothered when the final whistle blew. The more bad results we get, the sooner he leaves.

I've only felt ths once, after a 1-0 defeat at Leicester under the Evans-Houllier double act when it was clear it had become a joke. Im praying he leaves before the Everton game and Kenny takes over.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 3, 2010, 07:25:18 pm »
I'm curious, when you were typing the last sentence there were you aware of how quickly you were contradicting yourself? Or have I just pointed it out to you?
It isnt contradictory. I want Roy to stay, to hopefully proove most people wrong. Some on here think we will get relegated with the man. I dont agree.