Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279196 times)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #13000 on: January 21, 2021, 09:45:08 am »
The win last night is good as it keeps Ole in the job etc and so on and so forth.

I'm made up to fuck for the "Oleh needs a result" brigade, what a fucking great bunch of lads praying to keep this c*nt in a job

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13001 on: January 21, 2021, 09:51:57 am »
I'm made up to fuck for the "Oleh needs a result" brigade, what a fucking great bunch of lads praying to keep this c*nt in a job

Everyone’s losing their heads here. That ‘great result’ stopped being funny a while ago but at the same time I think many of over rating their chances of winning the title. They seem to be consistently beating the poorer teams but then struggle against the good ones. And their are enough good sides still in this league for that to be a problem.

This is regardless of whether we snap out of our poor form or not by the way.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13002 on: January 21, 2021, 09:57:28 am »
Is that just gonna be a thing forever now? :duh There have been enough times where he's looked perilously close to getting sacked, particularly at a time when better managers were whoring themselves around. I couldnt give a shit if they're top, they're still not a particularly good side and would be a fuck tonne better if he had got sacked during one of those spells and they'd hired someone like Pochettino.

Its pretty grim how many people seem to be taking an odd pleasure in people being 'proven wrong' when they were mocking a rival, or bigging ourselves up. Thats what we're meant to do, isnt it? Its not meant to be balanced.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13003 on: January 21, 2021, 10:02:01 am »
Everyone’s losing their heads here. That ‘great result’ stopped being funny a while ago but at the same time I think many of over rating their chances of winning the title. They seem to be consistently beating the poorer teams but then struggle against the good ones. And their are enough good sides still in this league for that to be a problem.

This is regardless of whether we snap out of our poor form or not by the way.

Their February up to mid-March fixtures look a lot more challenging, and again in the run-in come early May. They'll be playing Thursday and Sunday too which teams have always struggled with in the past.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13004 on: January 21, 2021, 10:07:45 am »
Like it or not they have momentum and seem to be getting the job done more often than not these days. Europa won't be as big as a distraction as they are likely just to play a second string in that. Yes they aren't swatting teams aside a lot of the time but that was the same as us last season at certain points as well. I still think City are the bigger threat but it looks like these will be right up there too unfortuantely.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #13005 on: January 21, 2021, 10:32:10 am »
Like it or not they have momentum and seem to be getting the job done more often than not these days. Europa won't be as big as a distraction as they are likely just to play a second string in that. Yes they aren't swatting teams aside a lot of the time but that was the same as us last season at certain points as well. I still think City are the bigger threat but it looks like these will be right up there too unfortuantely.

Have to agree. Although they haven't been tested mentally yet. You got to presume they will lose a game soon and it's how they bounce back. Still think momentum in football is one of the most important things. They are now probably going into every game believing they will win and also know they can do it even if they go a goal or two down. So their confidence is sky high and they are on a good run. But they are not the best team in the league. The flipside is we were not the best team in CL in 2005 and we still won it.

I will feel a lot more comfortable once they have had a few defeats but currently just like us if they win all their remaining games they would win the league.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13006 on: January 21, 2021, 10:36:30 am »
The thing for me is they are at their best currently. Getting run of the ball, confidence is high etc. They haven't got another gear.

To that end they will get max 80 points i think.

That means we need to get 3 more than them in second half of season. Clearly doable as we have loads of improvement available

They won't win the league. I still think whoever finishes above City will be top and that won't be united. Might be no one. These aren't a threat to the title. That said they are on hell of a run which if we were on we'd be delighted with

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13007 on: January 21, 2021, 11:52:42 am »
The thing for me is they are at their best currently. Getting run of the ball, confidence is high etc. They haven't got another gear.

To that end they will get max 80 points i think.

That means we need to get 3 more than them in second half of season. Clearly doable as we have loads of improvement available

They won't win the league. I still think whoever finishes above City will be top and that won't be united. Might be no one. These aren't a threat to the title. That said they are on hell of a run which if we were on we'd be delighted with

This.

Grinding out results playing poorly is one thing but they are --- to their credit --- grinding out results while playing at the top of their game and getting more than their share of luck.

The game against lowly Fulham was like the one against us: hang in there and hope someone takes a half chance.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #13008 on: January 21, 2021, 02:29:17 pm »

https://pasteboard.co/JKFYC6i.png

I tried to embed that , but not showing up.

It's going to be fun when the wheels fall off.

(there's an image, but I can't see it)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 04:00:26 pm by PaulF »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
  • Respectful MUFC fan // Long-time lurker
« Reply #13009 on: January 21, 2021, 03:22:37 pm »
I think for 'the wheels to fall off' there has to be expectation in the first place and for us, there isn't that much. No sane United fan believes we're going to win the league this season; I'm enjoying seeing us at the top of the table but we're like a marathon runner that's sprinted from mile 4 to mile 13 and with half the race to go, the lads behind us are necking energy gels while we've smashed all ours and know full well we're probably gonna hit the wall and end up limping over the line.

If we finish 6th, yeah the wheels have fallen off. But 3rd is the best anyone thought we could achieve this season and I still think that's where we'll end up.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13010 on: January 21, 2021, 03:40:56 pm »

Its pretty grim how many people seem to be taking an odd pleasure in people being 'proven wrong' when they were mocking a rival, or bigging ourselves up. Thats what we're meant to do, isnt it? Its not meant to be balanced.
You'd think so, but suddenly this piss-take thread is full of people wanting to give credit and speak in hushed, awed tones about a major rival. I doubt any other club's fans would do this.

Some beut will be along any minute to tell us to shut up and stop oppressing free speech
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13011 on: January 21, 2021, 03:45:22 pm »
I used to feel a little bit sorry for Solksjaer when United were losing all the time and he was under pressure. Now looking at his pathetic smiling face on a winning run I want to smack him with my cricket bat. Twat

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13012 on: January 21, 2021, 03:50:36 pm »
Where did anybody expect them to be?

They've Fergies prodigy in place, It took Fergie what 6 or whatever years to win the league, the might Ole is going to do it within only a couple, surely this means instead of 2 decades of dominance, 4 decades is now on its way!

With the most expensive defender, worlds best ever two midfielders - The boy wonder, Rashford..... they were nailed on weren't they?

#biggestclubintheworld

N.B - If they win the league, i'll eat my fucking hat.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #13013 on: January 21, 2021, 04:04:24 pm »
Pretty sure I read (on here?) they've taken more points than we have since the first lockdown ended? I think we're underestimating what Ole is doing His going the Fergie route of making sure they beat the poorer teams and then full-on park the bus and then counter-attack a jammy goal against the big teams and see where they are.

I don't care what anyone says. We don't win the title its because we threw it away ourselves. We've turned up nearly every big game even if not firing on all cylinders. It's the poor teams we've not turned up for. We're giving the title away with a squeak and not a fight.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13014 on: January 21, 2021, 04:07:43 pm »
I used to feel a little bit sorry for Solksjaer when United were losing all the time and he was under pressure. Now looking at his pathetic smiling face on a winning run I want to smack him with my cricket bat. Twat
Does your bat have rusty nails in? If so can I have a couple of swings too?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13015 on: January 21, 2021, 04:41:11 pm »
I think for 'the wheels to fall off' there has to be expectation in the first place and for us, there isn't that much. No sane United fan believes we're going to win the league this season; I'm enjoying seeing us at the top of the table but we're like a marathon runner that's sprinted from mile 4 to mile 13 and with half the race to go, the lads behind us are necking energy gels while we've smashed all ours and know full well we're probably gonna hit the wall and end up limping over the line.

If we finish 6th, yeah the wheels have fallen off. But 3rd is the best anyone thought we could achieve this season and I still think that's where we'll end up.

Says a lot when one of the most balanced, calm and realistic posts on here comes from a rival fan who pops up here when United are doing well  ;D

The league is not even properly half way through for fucks sake. No one is remotely close or far from winning.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13016 on: January 21, 2021, 05:36:20 pm »
Fergie has Mike Riley on board.

These are going to be tough to shift but we have to go back to mentality monsters to do it.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13017 on: January 21, 2021, 06:04:50 pm »
can i just say I hate these bastards and hope they lose every game they ever play and have done since I went my first game in 1970.
thats over 50 years of hate

anyone who wants them to win a game to keep ole in a job should take a serious look at themselves

thankyou

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13018 on: January 21, 2021, 06:11:19 pm »
can i just say I hate these bastards and hope they lose every game they ever play and have done since I went my first game in 1970.
thats over 50 years of hate

anyone who wants them to win a game to keep ole in a job should take a serious look at themselves

thankyou

The desire to keep Ole in a job is all based on him being clueless. While he keeps winning games, they won't sack him and actually get in a manager who knows what he is doing. We obviously don't want him to keep on winning, just enough to keep the wolves at bay, but not enough to actually win anything.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #13019 on: January 21, 2021, 06:44:41 pm »
The desire to keep Ole in a job is all based on him being clueless. While he keeps winning games, they won't sack him and actually get in a manager who knows what he is doing. We obviously don't want him to keep on winning, just enough to keep the wolves at bay, but not enough to actually win anything.
I Know what its based on but I dont agree
If they had lost a shitload of games and ole was sacked I would be happy
The next manager would have wanted to start over again no matter who he was and I would have wanted him to be sacked for losing games as well

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13020 on: January 21, 2021, 08:55:44 pm »
I'm having a good time. We won't win the league tho. we will be lucky to get 2nd. Top 4 with a minimum of 75-80 points = improvement enough for me
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13021 on: January 21, 2021, 09:17:08 pm »
Moyes really was the chosen one. The master of winning without winning.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #13022 on: January 21, 2021, 10:04:47 pm »
I think we will stop laughing at them now.
They have bettered almost all Liverpool's results.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #13023 on: January 22, 2021, 11:48:07 am »
I’ll never stop laughing at them. They’re a gang of c*nts. Just because we’re playing shite doesn’t mean we have to suddenly respect them. Fuck that.
We are Liverpool!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13024 on: January 22, 2021, 11:58:24 am »
I’ll never stop laughing at them. They’re a gang of c*nts. Just because we’re playing shite doesn’t mean we have to suddenly respect them. Fuck that.

Indeed :D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13025 on: January 22, 2021, 12:43:51 pm »
Arsenal will beat them next weekend.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13026 on: January 22, 2021, 01:06:58 pm »
I'm with you, especially with "They are c*nts" and "Fuck that" part.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13027 on: January 22, 2021, 02:36:03 pm »
Have they had a single major injury all season? I can't think of one (Matic doesn't count).

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13028 on: January 22, 2021, 02:45:25 pm »
Have they had a single major injury all season? I can't think of one (Matic doesn't count).

How dare you. Brandon Williams is currently out.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13029 on: January 22, 2021, 03:13:14 pm »
I have a bad feeling about this. It's running for them with the news that De Broyne is out for 6 weeks.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13030 on: January 22, 2021, 03:13:38 pm »

Didn't you see Pogba get obliterated by Pogba the other week? Luckily he recovered quickly but that could have been a career ender
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13031 on: January 22, 2021, 03:18:07 pm »
I have a bad feeling about this. It's running for them with the news that De Broyne is out for 6 weeks.

If city lose about another six players United will be nearly as good as them. Not that I'll be shouting for them like cuckold united have done for several seasons.
Its the hope that'll kill them.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13032 on: January 22, 2021, 03:19:36 pm »
Didn't you see Pogba get obliterated by Pogba the other week? Luckily he recovered quickly but that could have been a career ender

Yea, still can't understand how he wasn't sent off for stopping a clear goal scoring chance for himself.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #13033 on: January 22, 2021, 08:38:59 pm »
The cup game against Liverpool. It's been a long time, always love it. A Klopp win wouldn't be the worst, keep him in the job another week
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13034 on: January 22, 2021, 08:40:22 pm »
Mancs were always cocky but it was definitely worse when they were winning stuff.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13035 on: January 22, 2021, 09:53:01 pm »
I saw a piss take video the other day about United fan’s suddenly coming out their box after 7 years.

Anyone know a link to it?

My gf’s bro and Dad are getting all giddy all of a sudden (United fans) and need to send it to them.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13036 on: January 22, 2021, 09:57:42 pm »
Sleeping with the enemy Craig?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13037 on: January 22, 2021, 10:01:10 pm »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13038 on: January 22, 2021, 10:52:27 pm »
Sleeping with the enemy Craig?

That’s what her Dad has thought since I met them 4 years ago. Little does he know she’s no enemy but has been on our side since about 6 months in  ;D

They’ve been all nice as pie since I have, not saying a word, and I’ve not rubbed it in too much...all of a sudden her Dad and bro have got all mouthy.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13039 on: January 22, 2021, 11:09:15 pm »
I saw a piss take video the other day about United fan’s suddenly coming out their box after 7 years.

Anyone know a link to it?

My gf’s bro and Dad are getting all giddy all of a sudden (United fans) and need to send it to them.
I've not seen that, but they'll all be like this gif once they start dropping points again.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.