Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 172524 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #1520 on: April 1, 2022, 12:42:37 pm »
It’s now April. My arse has gone 
Stop it :odd

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #1521 on: April 1, 2022, 01:41:00 pm »
Dreamt last night that city had to play soton instead of burnley, they drew 4-4 with a last minute city equaliser. Was still made up though as that meant we'd be ahead of them before the etihad game... I'd do anything now for a result like that tomorrow!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1522 on: April 2, 2022, 07:55:05 pm »
Loved the win. But immediately onto City’s fortunes.

It’s all about results.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1523 on: April 2, 2022, 10:31:15 pm »
Of course I am enjoying it.

It is April, and we are on course to win the quadruple ...

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1524 on: April 17, 2022, 09:28:30 am »
Whatever happens from here, it's been an exceptional season and the first time any of us will remember Liverpool being this close to winning all four trophies. Just to be in with a shout in every competition at this stage is wonderful. I've been clearing my social diary for weeks to make sure there's no chance of me missing even ten minutes of a single game from here on out.

Can we also take a moment to remember all of the people last year who said that injuries are not an excuse and Liverpool's form was just the result of an ageing squad and poor signings? With very few injuries this year we've won the League Cup, are in the final of the FA Cup, are in the semi final of the Champions League and are 1 point off the top of the league.

It's almost like having to play your 6th and 7th choice centrebacks for half a season is a valid reason for having a dip in form.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline grrth1314

• Main Stander
« Reply #1525 on: April 17, 2022, 11:57:49 am »
I read somewhere that this is the furthest into the year that any premier league team has gone and still be eligible to win all 4 trophies...

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: April 17, 2022, 12:06:06 pm »
For the quadruple open bus, we should make sure the woman's team is also there to celebrate promotion.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1527 on: April 24, 2022, 12:33:46 pm »
Sort of in a fight sort of way

it is not relaxing like a stroll in the park or a Cornetto on a warm day kind of enjoyment no

but I think I am enjoying it

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1528 on: April 24, 2022, 12:35:30 pm »
I hope even those who are not enjoying it aren't taking things for granted at least
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1529 on: April 24, 2022, 12:49:57 pm »
It's fucking great, if you can't enjoy it then what's the point?

This is probably the greatest team we've ever had, certainly points wise, the 78/79 side went at around 88 points over 38 games, and 87/88 would've had around 85, these fellas have a great chance of getting over 90 points for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, it's a shame they probably won't win as much as they deserve due to the cheats

Just appreciate this team for what they are and enjoy it while it's happening

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1530 on: April 24, 2022, 03:24:02 pm »
Loving it. After every match can't wait for the next one. I appreciate that for the fans it's easy; there's no fatigue, no recovery, no tired muscles, no red lines to think about. Wish we could play every day.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: April 24, 2022, 07:48:02 pm »
This is just so much fun! Thinking back to my favourite seasons as a Liverpool fan - the treble in 2001, our European run in 2005, the (almost) fairy tale in 2014, the football we played in 2018, the runaway title in 2020 – they were all incredible but this is shaping up to be my favourite ever. We’re at a point where every game is starting to feel like a party. Granted, a couple of poor results and all the celebrations could be cut short but at the moment it’s like a dream. Big atmospheres at Anfield, new songs being sung every week, One Kiss being played after each game, Klopp’s fist pumps, Thiago stroking the ball around the pitch, Salah and Mane hitting form again, Diaz even thrilling the commentators…

To outclass City last Saturday, then batter United on Tuesday, then dismiss Everton today, you won’t get many better weeks than that. Our back-up keeper won us the League Cup against Chelsea, we’ve done the double over both of our biggest rivals (15-1 on aggregate), we beat both Milan teams in Europe, there was Bobby’s goal against Arsenal, Minamino’s goal against Leicester, Origi’s goal against Wolves and despite all of that, the best could be yet to come. It’s seasons like these where you have to just let the anxiety go and grasp every little bit of joy that you can. Live in the moment, embrace the excitement, let yourself be whisked away on a journey. If we don’t win another trophy it will be an anti-climax but that shouldn’t prevent us from remembering this as one of our best seasons ever.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #1532 on: May 4, 2022, 02:31:15 pm »
Liverpool brings so much joy to my life. I can't say how grateful I am to Jürgen and the boys.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1533 on: May 4, 2022, 02:38:14 pm »
This time a year ago the last match we'd played was Newcastle at home. Funny how things have gone since that.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1534 on: May 4, 2022, 02:46:12 pm »
If your not you must be mad
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: May 4, 2022, 02:49:49 pm »
If your not you must be mad

Yep,these are best of times. To be savoured and enjoyed.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1536 on: May 4, 2022, 03:04:20 pm »
We are going to play the maximum amount of games in the season  - Every league game and every cup game possible at the start of the season.

Of course I am enjoying it  :)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: May 4, 2022, 03:09:57 pm »
No matter what happens it's a level of enjoyment I can't recall since I was 10 years old and Kenny was in his pomp. That feeling of possibility that we might win everything we contest - sometimes we wouldn't, but it wouldn't be because we weren't good enough.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1538 on: May 4, 2022, 03:38:22 pm »
We are currently living the dreams of every other club in the land.

What's not to enjoy?  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: May 4, 2022, 03:40:30 pm »
We are going to play the maximum amount of games in the season  - Every league game and every cup game possible at the start of the season.

Of course I am enjoying it  :)

The first English club to do so. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: May 4, 2022, 03:41:23 pm »
The first English club to do so.

For the second time
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1541 on: May 4, 2022, 03:44:30 pm »
Middlesbrough in 1997 too if you're wanting to be annoyingly pedantic :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1542 on: May 4, 2022, 04:04:04 pm »
This is just so much fun! Thinking back to my favourite seasons as a Liverpool fan - the treble in 2001, our European run in 2005, the (almost) fairy tale in 2014, the football we played in 2018, the runaway title in 2020 – they were all incredible but this is shaping up to be my favourite ever. We’re at a point where every game is starting to feel like a party. Granted, a couple of poor results and all the celebrations could be cut short but at the moment it’s like a dream. Big atmospheres at Anfield, new songs being sung every week, One Kiss being played after each game, Klopp’s fist pumps, Thiago stroking the ball around the pitch, Salah and Mane hitting form again, Diaz even thrilling the commentators…

To outclass City last Saturday, then batter United on Tuesday, then dismiss Everton today, you won’t get many better weeks than that. Our back-up keeper won us the League Cup against Chelsea, we’ve done the double over both of our biggest rivals (15-1 on aggregate), we beat both Milan teams in Europe, there was Bobby’s goal against Arsenal, Minamino’s goal against Leicester, Origi’s goal against Wolves and despite all of that, the best could be yet to come. It’s seasons like these where you have to just let the anxiety go and grasp every little bit of joy that you can. Live in the moment, embrace the excitement, let yourself be whisked away on a journey. If we don’t win another trophy it will be an anti-climax but that shouldn’t prevent us from remembering this as one of our best seasons ever.
I agree with every word you wrote. What an incredible time to be a Red!

The only bit I don't like is that One Kiss singalong. I know it's been adopted by the fanbase but it doesn't strike me as Us, if you know what I mean. It's too throwaway, non-specific and international - and a bit of a shite song to be fair. Plus reminds me of losing to RM in that 2018 final! And it doesn't really have any connection with us apart from Dua Lipa saying a nice word about us - even though she's really an Arsenal fan. I'd prefer something more Scouse. Ideally a Beatles song.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: May 4, 2022, 04:05:29 pm »
Middlesbrough in 1997 too if you're wanting to be annoyingly pedantic :)

Sorry, I’m talking about European cup / CL, i.e. maximum number of highest level games. We’re the first English club to appear in the finals for the CL, FA Cup and League Cup in the same season. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: May 4, 2022, 04:28:49 pm »
Yep,these are best of times. To be savoured and enjoyed.

I defo would  be way more into it if i was getting out and being social,chatting shite and acting a fool in a pub after the games.At least i've got some spare cash now,just gotta find a cool spot to go too.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: May 4, 2022, 04:29:50 pm »
Not really into all the quadruple talk ..

Regardless though of that, its certainly been up there with the best season of football I have ever seen, potentially the greatest ever. If you cannot enjoy it this season you never ever will!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: May 4, 2022, 05:02:33 pm »
Remember the City parade the year we won the CL, and they had a "Fourmidable" banner on their bus that included the Community Shield?

I don't like talking about the Quad, but if we got a clean sweep, could we put a banner on our parade bus that says "Even More Fourmidable"? ;D

Actually, just tie a broom to the back of the bus. People will get the message!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1547 on: May 4, 2022, 07:31:33 pm »
It's getting a little surreal for me. I'm enjoying it immensely, but since last night, it's not really sinking in. We're actually in another CL final, but such occurrences have become so commonplace under Klopp that I keep having to remind myself just how extraordinary it is. Add to that that we're also in an FA cup final and within a point of the league leaders. Bonkers. And yet, we may end up with "just" the one cup. What a ride these next few weeks will be!
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1548 on: May 4, 2022, 07:48:58 pm »
We are currently living the dreams of every other club in the land.

What's not to enjoy?  8)

Jurgen YNWA

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1549 on: May 4, 2022, 07:51:19 pm »
I am enjoying it, though the thought of maybe ending up with one trophy makes me sad
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1550 on: May 4, 2022, 07:55:26 pm »

Absolutely Rob. Hopefully there will be 1 more star to add to that pic in a few weeks. This is the most exciting time to be a Red and for those of us who grew up when we were regularly mid table and never saw the glory years of the 70's and 80's, this will be year we talk about in the decades to come.

This might be the greatest Liverpool team of all time, and we get to live it with them.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: May 4, 2022, 11:04:45 pm »
I'm especially loving it now the cheats have failed at Europe yet again

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: May 5, 2022, 12:29:45 am »
I'm especially loving it now the cheats have failed at Europe yet again

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: May 5, 2022, 01:10:03 am »
Enjoy the capitulation of Manchester City.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: May 5, 2022, 01:16:02 am »
lol yeah it goes without saying but

Man City failing in Europe...I genuinely take pleasure in that. And I don't think I'm alone? Back me up people. Like we, as Liverpool fans, "know" that we're the good guys. We're the ones doing it properly, through hard work. We have resources of course, we're a hugely rich club, but it still feels like, well, I feel like, if it wasn't for Jurgen Klopp, Manchester City would've walked to the last what, 6 titles? In a row? That cannot be good for Sky/BBC/BT Sports but...that it is what it will be in my opinion. Man City and Newcastle United, duking it out for the title. Wonderful. Exciting, Fantastic...
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Tintin

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1555 on: May 5, 2022, 01:27:56 am »
What a time to be a Liverpool fan! I'm 30 years old now, living in Australia. I remember how much pain some of our football games between 2010-2015 caused us. Particularly under Roy Hodgson. Getting up in the wee hours of the morning to see our mediocre team lose to another mediocre team... so really have to appreciate and relish these times under Klopp. May they last forever!

I can't believe it is May and we've won the league cup, have an FA final and UCL final to play, plus keeping the heat on City in the EPL. Not even worried about the cup finals, given our quality, depth and coaching staff. Even if we lose you know the guys will go down swinging hard. The only thing not sitting well is knowing City have to slip up in the league to give us a chance.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1556 on: May 5, 2022, 01:57:15 am »
My 60th birthday just passed and my wishes came true. Most of them anyway. Last one will be a trip up for the Abudhabi club in the League. :)

RED supporter since 1976 from the jungles of Borneo.   :wave
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1557 on: May 5, 2022, 02:09:15 am »
Enjoy the capitulation of Manchester City.
Honestly, I do but on the side as I don’t really give a flying fuck about them.

The chance of a quadruple, now, that’s something else!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #1558 on: May 5, 2022, 02:12:46 am »
Two big finals over the next four weeks... another four games in the league with a chance to win it all... what's not to enjoy.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: May 5, 2022, 02:14:40 am »
Tell you what I've been banging on about CLOBBERIN teams this season for so long I can't remember when I started and I think I've been happy with that a while

I hate them, but getting Real Madrid in the CL final has clicked something for me. That fixture is just so classic. It finally all feels.... Near. Tangible. Possible. It's not impossible, it's all so probable

I love the tension. The chaos. The static in the air. We really are doing all or nothing this season.

No matter what happens next, I won't have no regrets. It's a wonderful, wonderful, beautiful way to be