Author Topic: The iPhone  (Read 1042190 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: The iPhone
« Reply #16160 on: January 31, 2017, 09:03:43 pm »
Reset the phone.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16161 on: February 5, 2017, 10:32:26 pm »
Is it just me...?

Can't stand having notifications showing on apps.

Have to check emails, acknowledge posdcast downloads, check missed calls etc. As some small OCD part of me finds a little one or two poking up hugely irritating.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16162 on: February 6, 2017, 09:10:51 am »
Is it just me...?

Can't stand having notifications showing on apps.

Have to check emails, acknowledge posdcast downloads, check missed calls etc. As some small OCD part of me finds a little one or two poking up hugely irritating.

Nope I can't either.

Saw my mates phone when out on Sat night and he had notifications on about 6 different apps and I nearly had a fit  ;D

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16163 on: February 22, 2017, 09:39:18 pm »
Got an iPhone 6 and last month or so reception has gone really bad. Calls get dropped half way through conversation etc
Anyone had any similar issues?
Provider
Is o2

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16164 on: February 22, 2017, 09:41:06 pm »
Get the O2 app, you can check reception in the area using that.

Otherwise the phone may have an issue.
W

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #16165 on: February 23, 2017, 06:45:26 pm »
O2 saying it's fine but realised my contract is out.
Not sure which phone to get it shall I wait until iPhone 8 is out

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16166 on: February 26, 2017, 01:05:22 pm »
O2 saying it's fine but realised my contract is out.
Not sure which phone to get it shall I wait until iPhone 8 is out

Wait until the 8 comes out.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16167 on: March 8, 2017, 12:06:32 pm »
I'm eyeing up the iPhone 7. I currently have a Sony Z5 Compact. I'm worried that the battery on the iPhone7 will be really shit in comparison. Can anyone give me an idea of the battery performance on the 7? Cheers.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16168 on: March 9, 2017, 12:12:49 am »
I'm eyeing up the iPhone 7. I currently have a Sony Z5 Compact. I'm worried that the battery on the iPhone7 will be really shit in comparison. Can anyone give me an idea of the battery performance on the 7? Cheers.
My lad has had one for a week and he's delighted with it. I'll check again tomorrow Rhi.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16169 on: March 9, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »
My lad has had one for a week and he's delighted with it. I'll check again tomorrow Rhi.

Thanks John!

It won't be a patch on the Z5 Rhi, but it'll last you a day with normal use. Someone that's as busy as you are would do well to look at the 7+. The capacity is a decent amount higher than the 7, although it is big and some people just can't get into the phablets, which is understandable.

Yeah, it's the size that puts me off, Dan. I want my phone in my pocket, and women's jeans have tiny effing pockets  :no. Couple that with phone manufacturers seemingly incapable of producing smaller but high-spec phones, and I have limited choices.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #16170 on: March 9, 2017, 03:23:45 pm »
You can't wait for the 8?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16171 on: March 9, 2017, 03:37:51 pm »
You can't wait for the 8?

Not due until Q3/Q4 is it? No, can't wait that long really. Sony phones don't last in the same way Apple ones do and the Z5 is lagging and has occasional crazy moments by now. My contract is up next month. I'm going sim-only on the contract and buying a sim-free phone so if it's worth upgrading I can look at it in a year's time, I suppose. Also you can bet the iPhone 8 will be huge. Techy men designing phones for men, with no consideration for women.

Give me a fucking phone that fits in my fucking pocket. And make me some fucking jeans that have normal sized fucking pockets >:( ;D

(sorry)

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #16172 on: April 16, 2017, 09:19:00 pm »
This morning, my iMessages started to disappear from my 7 when I would text someone and I thought it was a glitch but in the evening my phone turned off and since it just won't turn on. It's stuck on the logo screen which appears when turning it on and I have tried rebooting it but after 3 seconds of the screen going blank, it goes back to the logo screen so I don't think it's going into recovery mode or syncing with my iTunes. Anyone know how to solve this?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16173 on: April 17, 2017, 09:48:03 am »

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #16174 on: April 20, 2017, 03:43:15 am »
Have you tried DFU mode?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-put-an-iphone-in-dfu-mode-3628686/

I did, mate. Ended up taking it to Apple who said there had been a software malfunction while updating and they fixed it within 10mins but had to restore the phone.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16175 on: May 13, 2017, 05:49:37 pm »
Is there any way to find out the location of an iPhone when it was last used?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16176 on: May 13, 2017, 06:10:55 pm »
Find my iPhone?
W

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16177 on: May 13, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »
iCloud will show its last known location for a maximum of 24 hours I think

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16178 on: May 13, 2017, 06:19:56 pm »
iCloud will show its last known location for a maximum of 24 hours I think

Bollocks. It's the one I bought off you. My lad doesn't know what he has done with it. Have lost mode turned on but he hasn't used it in about 3 weeks so battery is well dead. I believe it is in his mums house but she says it definitely isn't.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #16179 on: May 17, 2017, 09:34:19 pm »
My lad got an iPhone 7 for xmas on contract..The other day the screen went blank,you can tell it's switched on,but it's totally unresponsive..Anyone know a fix for this or know how he stands regarding a replacement handset from apple? Cheers

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #16180 on: May 17, 2017, 09:39:55 pm »
Have you tried a soft reset?

"Soft Reset
Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
You'll be back in your home screen."

Not sure if those still work, I haven't had an iPhone for a while. Worth a shot though.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16181 on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:39 pm »
My lad got an iPhone 7 for xmas on contract..The other day the screen went blank,you can tell it's switched on,but it's totally unresponsive..Anyone know a fix for this or know how he stands regarding a replacement handset from apple? Cheers

If its on a contract then take it to where you bought it from. They should either replace it or send it away to get fixed free of charge.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #16182 on: May 17, 2017, 09:55:38 pm »
Have you tried a soft reset?

"Soft Reset
Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
You'll be back in your home screen."

Not sure if those still work, I haven't had an iPhone for a while. Worth a shot though.
yeah tried that mate,thanks tho..

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #16183 on: May 17, 2017, 09:56:14 pm »
If its on a contract then take it to where you bought it from. They should either replace it or send it away to get fixed free of charge.
yeah,looks like it'll be going back to EE

Offline Lager

• Main Stander
« Reply #16184 on: May 18, 2017, 12:01:31 am »
yeah,looks like it'll be going back to EE

If it's under a year old Apple should fix it for you in the Apple store, don't think it'll have to go back to EE

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16185 on: May 18, 2017, 11:20:02 am »
Hi Apple fans.

My missus has been offered an iPhone SE as an upgrade from EE on her contract, I've not even heard of that model before.

Can someone please tell me if it's decent?

She currently has an iPhone 5s - we thought she's be offered an iPhone 6 but they're suggesting this one instead.

Is this an inferior model or it simply a smaller one and how do they compare? Would rather hear from people who might have it than read some shitty sponsored review by googling. Ta.

Cheers
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16186 on: May 18, 2017, 11:27:31 am »
It's basically an iPhone 6s in a 5s body.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16187 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »
Hi Apple fans.

My missus has been offered an iPhone SE as an upgrade from EE on her contract, I've not even heard of that model before.

Can someone please tell me if it's decent?

She currently has an iPhone 5s - we thought she's be offered an iPhone 6 but they're suggesting this one instead.

Is this an inferior model or it simply a smaller one and how do they compare? Would rather hear from people who might have it than read some shitty sponsored review by googling. Ta.

Cheers

I have an SE. No complaints, it's a good phone. Switched when the battery on my 5 gave up. The SE is the same as the 6 I think, but with smaller screen. For me, the smaller screen is a good thing. If you've been happy with the 5/5S you'll be happy with the SE. You'll see the SE as an upgrade. Some new features, a better camera, in my case 64GB instead of 32GB memory etc. Small, but still good improvements.

So what to pick? I'd say the choice between the SE and the 6/6S is about two things. Screen size and weight.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #16188 on: May 22, 2017, 04:25:25 pm »
I have an SE. No complaints, it's a good phone. Switched when the battery on my 5 gave up. The SE is the same as the 6 I think, but with smaller screen. For me, the smaller screen is a good thing. If you've been happy with the 5/5S you'll be happy with the SE. You'll see the SE as an upgrade. Some new features, a better camera, in my case 64GB instead of 32GB memory etc. Small, but still good improvements.

So what to pick? I'd say the choice between the SE and the 6/6S is about two things. Screen size and weight.

Ta mate
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #16189 on: May 22, 2017, 06:54:38 pm »
yeah tried that mate,thanks tho..

If it's an iPhone 7, you have to hold power and volume down.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16190 on: June 3, 2017, 12:11:51 pm »
Anyone's mute button switch itself on/off as it pleases? I nearly always have the phone on silent,next thing my phone starts ringing! iPhone 6s btw.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #16191 on: June 3, 2017, 12:24:54 pm »
Anyone's mute button switch itself on/off as it pleases? I nearly always have the phone on silent,next thing my phone starts ringing! iPhone 6s btw.
On the very odd occasion it might flick onto 'ring' when it's in my pocket but apart from that no!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16192 on: June 3, 2017, 12:25:14 pm »
Put it on do not disturb?
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #16193 on: July 1, 2017, 10:13:45 pm »
Think Ive tried everything?

Can't get iMessage to work to just  one of my contacts but they can I message myself

I can iMessage everybody else

??
« Last Edit: July 1, 2017, 10:18:38 pm by rocco »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16194 on: July 2, 2017, 08:22:00 am »
Do they have an iPhone?  If not you can't iMessage them.
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #16195 on: July 2, 2017, 02:34:17 pm »
Do they have an iPhone?  If not you can't iMessage them.

Yes bud

It's my sons

Figured it out , clock app was turned off on mobile data

Don't know why it effected iMessage on wifi as well ??
« Last Edit: July 2, 2017, 02:36:21 pm by rocco »

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #16196 on: August 13, 2017, 07:35:16 pm »
got an 6S, afraid to upgrade it because you cant charge the phone while listening to music. but since i now drive to work, its become less essential.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16197 on: August 15, 2017, 01:00:22 am »
got an 6S, afraid to upgrade it because you cant charge the phone while listening to music. but since i now drive to work, its become less essential.

You can get a 1 to 2 port adapter for like £15 or around that so you can listen and charge.

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #16198 on: August 16, 2017, 04:15:42 pm »
Or you can charge it while listening to music via Bluetooth headphones
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan