Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4164321 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #65560 on: February 2, 2021, 01:58:46 pm »
And Crawford keeps going up in weight and sooner or later he will come across someone just too big, two powerful for him to out box. Spence is a legit Welterweight, this is Crawford's what 3rd or 4th weight class?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65561 on: February 2, 2021, 04:35:25 pm »
And Crawford keeps going up in weight and sooner or later he will come across someone just too big, two powerful for him to out box. Spence is a legit Welterweight, this is Crawford's what 3rd or 4th weight class?
Exactly what happened to Mikey Garcia.

I'm starting to think that Spence is underrated by the RAWK boxing thread.  I think Crawford beats him though ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65562 on: February 2, 2021, 04:37:28 pm »
You're a gang of twats that's why.  :P

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65563 on: February 2, 2021, 04:49:15 pm »
I think Spence wins it in quite comfortably.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #65564 on: February 2, 2021, 06:04:39 pm »
I think Crawford batters him. Spence is very good but don't believe him to be elite.
I agree that he isn't elite, or at least hasn't shown it. A lot of people are perhaps still thinking of the time he battered poor old Kell but Brook was competitive in that fight for a reasonable while from memory. I also thought he would handle Porter a LOT more easily.

Now I REALLY want to see this fight  ;D The best ones are always bouts where there is a reasonable degree of disagreement amongst fans on who will win. Joshua vs Fury is another prime example, and is probably top of my 'fights I want to see' list. Spence vs Crawford is possibly #2. This is followed by Canelo versus anyone who can beat the fucker  :P That is sadly a very very short list.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 06:07:29 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65565 on: February 2, 2021, 06:24:58 pm »
Spence couldn't stop Mikey Garcia, let alone drop him and Mikey was moving up 2 divisions and Spence is a huge Welterweight.

He's a solid welterweight but I believe his power is overrated and that Crawford outboxes him.

Too bad Spence is making noise about not unifying Crawford but is happy to unify with Ugas, far easier competion. He knows Spence is a genuine threat and does not want it.

Aside from Fury-Joshua this is the fight I really want!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65566 on: February 2, 2021, 09:14:38 pm »
I agree that he isn't elite, or at least hasn't shown it. A lot of people are perhaps still thinking of the time he battered poor old Kell but Brook was competitive in that fight for a reasonable while from memory. I also thought he would handle Porter a LOT more easily.

Now I REALLY want to see this fight  ;D The best ones are always bouts where there is a reasonable degree of disagreement amongst fans on who will win. Joshua vs Fury is another prime example, and is probably top of my 'fights I want to see' list. Spence vs Crawford is possibly #2. This is followed by Canelo versus anyone who can beat the fucker  :P That is sadly a very very short list.
It's basically a blank piece of paper in my eyes. Unless GGG gets to fight him in Kazakhstan with his Mum and Dad as the judges I don't see anyone beating him.

If Andre Ward came out of retirement or if he did something daft like going up to CW then maybe.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #65567 on: February 2, 2021, 09:42:33 pm »
Last few posts between the regulars great in terms of their opinions on Bud / Spence. It’s 100% a pickem like Manny and Floyd was in their prime, let’s hope it happens!!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65568 on: February 2, 2021, 09:44:46 pm »
And in their primes because by the time Mayweather and Pacquio did get it on we knew Manny was over the hill in terms of elite level.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #65569 on: February 3, 2021, 12:18:28 am »
While Crawford & Spence both remain unbeaten it remains one of the biggest fights in boxing. Manny Pacquaio had lost to Juan Manuel Marquez & Tim Bradley 3 years before the Mayweather fight. That’s the risk they run if the fight doesn’t happen before one of them gets beat.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65570 on: February 3, 2021, 12:33:39 am »
Mate it doesn't matter if they both lost and the fight happened within 2 years or something. If they fight in 4 or 5 after on of 'em has lost 3 times then you'd have a point.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65571 on: February 4, 2021, 01:21:10 am »
 ;D- The man has "standards".

Gary Russell: Hearn Offered Me $1 Million To Fight Warrington; Beneath My Standards http://dlvr.it/RryVCF

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #65572 on: February 4, 2021, 03:41:38 pm »
;D- The man has "standards".

Gary Russell: Hearn Offered Me $1 Million To Fight Warrington; Beneath My Standards http://dlvr.it/RryVCF
Because he gets a million bucks for fighting at fucking featherweight every time, and also being nowhere near a star name (IMO) ::)

It would be fun seeing him trying to hit Rey Vargas who is about 8 foot tall  ;D How Vargas makes 122 pounds is a mystery; must be a nightmare to fight against.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2021, 03:43:09 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65573 on: February 4, 2021, 04:58:17 pm »
 ;D

There's also Light Middleweight who's like nearly 7 foot tall and he's in his early 20's. These lads could go up 4 weights easily.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65574 on: February 4, 2021, 09:19:55 pm »
While Crawford & Spence both remain unbeaten it remains one of the biggest fights in boxing. Manny Pacquaio had lost to Juan Manuel Marquez & Tim Bradley 3 years before the Mayweather fight. That’s the risk they run if the fight doesn’t happen before one of them gets beat.
Come on we all know he never lost to Bradley. One of the biggest robberies in recent times.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65575 on: February 5, 2021, 11:58:37 am »
Bradley's big head swayed the judges card.  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #65576 on: February 5, 2021, 12:04:51 pm »
Bradley was 20/1 to get the decision at the end of fight. That's how much of a travesty the decision was. 

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65577 on: February 5, 2021, 12:12:31 pm »
Can't argue with the Marquez KO though.  Don't get a more sweeter KO than  the one that landed on Pacman that night.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65578 on: February 5, 2021, 12:19:30 pm »
Can't argue with the Marquez KO though.  Don't get a more sweeter KO than  the one that landed on Pacman that night.
Earnt me a few quid that one ;D

I think the Bradley decision was just karma catching up with Manny after all those gifts he got against JMM over the years!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65579 on: February 5, 2021, 12:56:55 pm »
Even the gods wouldn't let Pacman win another fight against Marquez.  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65580 on: February 5, 2021, 12:57:56 pm »
I have JMM 4-0 up personally

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65581 on: February 5, 2021, 01:05:50 pm »
He should've been given the third fight ( Robbery) and the first (draw) and he won the fourth.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65582 on: February 6, 2021, 02:34:12 pm »
Fuckin' hell a blast from the recent past is on the comeback trail.  :o

Ruslan Provodnikov Mulling Ring Return in September http://dlvr.it/Rs61q6

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #65583 on: February 6, 2021, 11:35:45 pm »
RIP Leon Spinks.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65584 on: February 6, 2021, 11:37:38 pm »
RIP

Former Olympic and Undisputed Heavyweight Champion.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #65585 on: February 7, 2021, 02:20:14 am »
RIP indeed.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65586 on: February 7, 2021, 09:49:30 am »
Sad news this morning RIP

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65587 on: February 8, 2021, 04:16:02 pm »
 ;D, This clown.

Devin Haney: Teofimo Says He Wants $10 Million To Fight Me; Just Sounds Like A Duck http://dlvr.it/RsGNxh

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #65588 on: February 9, 2021, 03:30:44 pm »
He should've been fucked a long time ago, hopefully he is now.  But boxing always had shady characters anyway.

The boxing industry couldn't give a fuck where his money comes from.

https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/1358818132777984002

The replies are funny at least.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65589 on: February 9, 2021, 05:16:13 pm »
 ;D

Fordy where you at?

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #65590 on: February 9, 2021, 05:30:01 pm »
I wonder how many of these boxers/trainers etc will think he's such a nice guy when they end up on the wrong side of him.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65591 on: February 9, 2021, 08:26:00 pm »
Khan is so fucking thick. Clearly taken one too many haymakers.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65592 on: February 10, 2021, 01:11:49 pm »
Oscar De La Hoya has finally got his boxing license back, valid till 2025.  :o http://dlvr.it/RsNsyR

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65593 on: February 10, 2021, 01:33:19 pm »
Oscar De La Hoya has finally got his boxing license back, valid till 2025.  :o http://dlvr.it/RsNsyR

Someone's going to kill him.

In other circus news, Floyd is lining up 4 exhibitions this year; 2 YouTubers, 1 random Japanese teenager, and........................ 50 cent.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65594 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:10 pm »
 ;D

50 Cent will be the toughest of the lot going by Floyd's selections.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65595 on: February 10, 2021, 01:57:25 pm »
;D

50 Cent will be the toughest of the lot going by Floyd's selections.
The sad thing is, I will probably watch that one ;D

Offline mkferdy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65596 on: February 10, 2021, 02:01:32 pm »
The boxing industry couldn't give a fuck where his money comes from.

https://twitter.com/amirkingkhan/status/1358818132777984002

The replies are funny at least.

The comments on this  ;D

Offline mkferdy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65597 on: February 10, 2021, 02:03:34 pm »
Someone's going to kill him.

In other circus news, Floyd is lining up 4 exhibitions this year; 2 YouTubers, 1 random Japanese teenager, and........................ 50 cent.

I would watch if he took on all 4 at once. Each guy gets a round then the next comes in. Boxing version of a gauntlet  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65598 on: February 11, 2021, 02:20:46 pm »
Dan Rafael saying  :o

Canelo Alvarez has declared that he is planning to fight four times this year. Feb 27th (Avni Yildirim), May 8th (terms agreed for Billy Joe Saunders), September and December. If you include Callum Smith, that's five fights in 12 months.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65599 on: February 11, 2021, 03:15:44 pm »
I would watch if he took on all 4 at once. Each guy gets a round then the next comes in. Boxing version of a gauntlet  ;D

I'm sure I read somewhere that that's how Floyd used to train, get 4 sparring partners and rotate them at the end of each round.  So he'd probably still win!

Would be some spectacle though ;D  Imagine 50 cent making the power tag at the start of round 4 :lmao