Author Topic: Simon Mignolet  (Read 280416 times)

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Simon Mignolet is boss thread.
« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2016, 11:02:41 pm »
Distribution skills for goalkeepers in the premier league are a bit of a myth.

How many other goalkeepers do you watch each week and focus on their distribution?

Because you could criticise pretty close to 19 other goalkeepers each week.

Seems very indecisive to me,takes too many chances.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2016, 11:03:20 pm »
He's stepped it up this season and is obviously working on the parts of him game that Klopp has outlined to him.
Dumping him for no reason for a guy whose never played a competitive minute for us and justifying on bullshit reasons is not what we should do.
Let Karius start the league cup game and go from there, if he is good enough he'll eventually become number 1, but nobody in this team should be handed a spot, first choice needs to be earned.
agree in the main apart from the dumping him for no reason bit, what is worng with dropping him? (not dumping him) Sturridge gets benched, other key players get benched, why shouldn't he?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2016, 11:37:34 pm »
agree in the main apart from the dumping him for no reason bit, what is worng with dropping him? (not dumping him) Sturridge gets benched, other key players get benched, why shouldn't he?

No reason, but you don't rest keepers or don't play them because you are playing a system with a faux keeper. So drop him if he isn't doing what Klopp asks or is playing poorly, I just don't think he deserves dropping on the back of him obviously attempting to address his major issues and making some progress.
But that's just me. If we drop him for Karius and the lad has a mare and starts to cost us points we could be in a far worse position than if we ease Karius in and let the better keeper be our eventual number 1.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2016, 11:54:54 pm »

There are a multitude of reasons why you don't rotate GK's with confidence and their interaction with defence being two major ones. That's why when you see a GK get dropped, it is 99% the end for them at that club.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2016, 12:25:15 am »
Started the season well, good again today.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Chakri

• Main Stander
« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2016, 06:48:21 am »
  ;D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2016, 07:13:52 am »
Made up for him yesterday.  Thought he was mostly excellent, despite getting a physical battering.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2016, 09:17:18 am »
He did OK yesterday apart from a missed cross, but he simply does not inspire confidence. You are pleased that he comes out of a game not having cocked up. I think he's only one bad game away from being replaced by Karius, and I wonder if he feels the same?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #248 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:13 am »
Impresed with him yesterday ;)

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
« Reply #249 on: September 11, 2016, 09:24:43 am »
He did OK yesterday apart from a missed cross, but he simply does not inspire confidence. You are pleased that he comes out of a game not having cocked up. I think he's only one bad game away from being replaced by Karius, and I wonder if he feels the same?
Between him and the back four he inspired easily the most confidence.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #250 on: September 11, 2016, 09:32:35 am »
God save to deny Vardy but for a guy so intelligent he absolutely cannot organise play from the back. The goal was horrible on Lucas' part but there was an easy ball out to Clyne which would have taken a few Leicester players out of the game. I definitely think he's working on his game now, and I have to applaud him for it but as far as Karius goes I don't think there's such thing as easing a goalkeeper in, you've got to give him the game and let him roll with it.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 11, 2016, 09:42:44 am »
  ;D

How sweet. Didn't know he and Huth were that close  ;D

Offline SASDistress

• Kemlynite
« Reply #252 on: September 11, 2016, 10:19:23 am »

I think Karius should get in anyway. He's playing well, but playing well by his own standards. Hopefully Karius is on another level. If not then Migs isn't going anywhere so we're fine.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 11, 2016, 10:28:17 am »
I like him as a keeper and don't think he's as bad as some make out but can't understand why he seems to make it difficult for himself sometimes.

Both him and Sakho at times tend to over do it trying to play it out from the back, like when a strikers tearing towards him and he tries something clever. Fair enough it comes off a lot of the time but at times he fucks it up and creates pressure when there shouldn't of being any.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline DredzofOz

• Boys Pen
  • LFC all the way from Sydney
« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2016, 10:36:07 am »
That punch out today definitely earnt SM some new respect. For a few seasons there he wouldn't have even challenged that.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2016, 11:29:33 am »
I think Karius should get in anyway. He's playing well, but playing well by his own standards. Hopefully Karius is on another level. If not then Migs isn't going anywhere so we're fine.

Should definitely get in, but you're basing it on hoping that he's better? He'll get in if/when Klopp thinks he's the best option. That's how it should be.

Offline Wyl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2016, 11:54:02 am »
Should definitely get in, but you're basing it on hoping that he's better? He'll get in if/when Klopp thinks he's the best option. That's how it should be.

Yep, I don't see Mignolet being bombed out and Karius brought in as the automatic number 1 now he's fit. Giving a keeper coming from another league a bit of time to bed in should hopefully help him too. Look at the pressure on Bravo yesterday for City and remember how De Gea struggled in his first season in the Premier League. If we dropped Mignolet and Karius made a shaky start an, we'd be in a much worse position. I'd like to see Karius get a game at Derby in the League Cup though.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2016, 11:56:54 am »
Its a shame we don't have Europa league to get karius settled.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2016, 12:00:14 pm »
How do you drop Mignolet for a player who hasn't played a game for us, then expect him to be motivated and willing to fight for his place (which he has done now)? It just doesn't work like that. I'll be very surprised to see Karius get ahead of him just like that.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2016, 12:04:00 pm »
How do you drop Mignolet for a player who hasn't played a game for us, then expect him to be motivated and willing to fight for his place (which he has done now)? It just doesn't work like that. I'll be very surprised to see Karius get ahead of him just like that.

Karius is a far suprior goalkeeper.

Absolutely mental to suggest he shouldn't walk in to the team. Mignolet was better yesterday? Great. He still almost cost us a goal.

How much longer to we have to put up with this bottom half level goalkeeper? Sooner Karius starts the better. He's potentially our keeper for the next 10 years if he fulfils his potential. Mignolet is never going to be starting for us long term because he's a dreadful goalkeeper.

The fact he made a fucking save yesterday and that's an improvement says it all. Can't wait till Karius is in goal.
Believe

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2016, 12:06:19 pm »
It's a no from me, I'm afraid...I watched his opposite in Kasper and the difference in the confidence inspired is night and day. The knowing when to come out, how to come out, the lack of heart in mouth moments. I wonder how our defence would be if they had someone of his skillset? Simon did really well putting it where it hurts but there will always be a sense of could be better.
I also watch extended highlights of the old trafod game and De Gea, for what little I saw is just amazing. There was a counter attack his started that was just phenomenal; the vision and the accuracy to initiate it was a pleasure to see. I guess it made me lust for peak Pepe. I really hope Karius is as good as his numbers suggest (i.e. second to Neuer).
Kasper who fucked up for our last goal?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2016, 12:09:49 pm »
Took a battering for the team yesterday which deserves credit and made a couple of important stops. Find it hard to hate on him despite wanting him replaced because he is such a nice lad. He will be excellent competition for Karius.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2016, 12:10:47 pm »
Karius being that superior (which we've seen so often after all in his one non-competitive game he played) he'll surely find it fairly easy work to displace a nobody like Mignolet. It'll be child's play to him actually, no reason not to do it. He is that far superior after all.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2016, 12:17:26 pm »
Karius being that superior (which we've seen so often after all in his one non-competitive game he played) he'll surely find it fairly easy work to displace a nobody like Mignolet. It'll be child's play to him actually, no reason not to do it. He is that far superior after all.

Yip because Karius has never played any football before signing for Liverpool. We signed him off the street. Who knows how good he is?

Oh right. He was one of the best goalkeepers in the Bundesliga.
Believe

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2016, 12:26:05 pm »
I don't know how good he is, since I won't bullshit people that I follow other leagues.
Definitely do not know enough about him to call him 'far superior' when he has played zero minutes for us, is a young keeper and is playing in new league.
He'll get his chance, if he does well he'll get to keep his place, if he doesn't he'll get benched for a while - nothing wrong with that at all.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2016, 01:13:03 pm »
Kasper who fucked up for our last goal?
They were gambling. It was their last the throw of the dice. I have no issue conceding like that goal under that circumstance.

I'm not having a pop at Simon, I already bigged up his performance but I simply think after 3years he has hit his level. I do not think it is championship form or consistently excellent. It'd be ace if he went up a level and made me eat my words but for now, I'm not filled with that confidence the elite keepers bring.

No soiled bed sheets here.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #266 on: September 11, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »
Was boss yesterday!!!

Keep it up Simon

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 11, 2016, 01:31:32 pm »
Say what you like about his talent I felt proud of him yesterday when he was getting blood wiped from his eye by the physio with his nose in ruins. That's a warrior there.

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #268 on: September 11, 2016, 01:36:43 pm »
Say what you like about his talent I felt proud of him yesterday when he was getting blood wiped from his eye by the physio with his nose in ruins. That's a warrior there.

Warrior? This is a man whose upturn in form a few seasons ago was down to a pep talk from his wife over dinner. He's a mental midget who lets a goal in for every other save he makes. His only achievement is getting an increasingly flatter face and yesterday will only help him on his way on that score.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 11, 2016, 01:42:27 pm »
Mental midget?
Fuck this, really.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2016, 05:41:52 pm »
Bloody hell, absolutely slaughtered on The Anfield Wrap
Believe

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2016, 05:46:05 pm »
How sweet. Didn't know he and Huth were that close  ;D

And doesn't Morgan look jealous?

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2016, 05:58:09 pm »
The goal was all Mignolets fault. You can't play out from the back when everyone is marked or under pressure. Just bomb the ball forward! He takes too many un calculated risks.
Seen us win everything

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2016, 06:17:49 pm »
The goal was all Mignolets fault. You can't play out from the back when everyone is marked or under pressure. Just bomb the ball forward! He takes too many un calculated risks.

Got to agree. He sometimes just does not see beyond the pass and puts defenders under unnecessary pressure. You can't fault his desire to improve and indeed he has, but there has to be a limit to waiting for him to achieve a level that matches our ambition.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2016, 06:23:15 pm »
Load of bollocks. I'm by no means his biggest fan but saying the goal was all Mignolets fault is complete nonsense. Looking at his passing map, he was playing short all the time, it's clearly something he's been told to do so we invite pressure and then beat the press.

If Lucas doesn't miscontrols no one would be saying anything about the pass. Lucas had more than enough time to weight up the situation and deal with it but he fucked up.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2016, 06:42:28 pm »
Lucas wasn't under pressure or marked out when he received the ball, the only thing that put Lucas in pressure was that horrible second touch that would had made a Sunday League player embarrassed. But hey, Lucas is rawk golden boy and Mignolet is its whipping boy, so not surprising that people are twisting things to put the blame on Simon.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:53:52 pm by Lastrador »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »
Playing well enough to warrant starts.  It'll be a good battle between him and Karuis for the starting nod over the coming weeks.  I expect we'll see Karius against Derby and then the battle will commence.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 12, 2016, 06:59:48 pm »
Hilarious how low the standards are for Mignolet now. When Karius gets in and we actually see a good goalkeeper people will realise just how awful Mignolet is.
Believe

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2016, 07:12:17 pm »
Goal wasn't all his fault but he does have a tendency to get caught in the moment and make mistakes like these every so often.  They don't always cost us a goal though he seems to just lose his head from time to time.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #279 on: September 12, 2016, 07:41:34 pm »
I don't get how people can blame Mignolet for the goal (if they are serious), when the ball just bounced of Lucas, and then procedeed to kick it across the penalty area.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact