Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals 1st Leg, April 30 & May 1  (Read 79451 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals 1st Leg, April 30 & May 1
« Reply #2440 on: May 11, 2019, 05:01:22 pm »
Well they picked the effing stadium in the first place!  What's the point of holding a final in a 70k stadium where the airport can only handle 15k a day??  Were they not expecting this problem in the event of other clubs making the final?

It’s idiotic obviously but I guess no one travels in such numbers as the English. If this was an all Spanish final for example there’d probably be far loss fuss (not that that makes it right).

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals 1st Leg, April 30 & May 1
« Reply #2441 on: May 12, 2019, 06:51:41 pm »
It’s idiotic obviously but I guess no one travels in such numbers as the English. If this was an all Spanish final for example there’d probably be far loss fuss (not that that makes it right).

The cynic in me says it was a deliberate choice so they could offload a huge batch of "corporate" tickets to their army of sponsors.  Do they not realise supporters might be able to fly into a different airport and travel by land the rest of the way?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art