Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1049287 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15200 on: June 17, 2020, 11:11:35 pm »
Well... I got the job! Contract in my inbox, pending references. So, so glad to be leaving my current job behind; not yet sure how to break it to my boss.

It’s a much more demanding job so here’s hoping I don’t get fired within a few weeks... I’ve gotten quite used to slacking off at my current place considering the lack of motivation I’ve had working for a narcissistic twat.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15201 on: June 17, 2020, 11:21:01 pm »
Nice one mate, well in.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15202 on: June 18, 2020, 12:05:41 am »
Congrats man. Glad you’re away from that prick of a boss.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15203 on: June 18, 2020, 12:23:53 am »
Thanks guys. New chapter!

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #15204 on: June 18, 2020, 02:02:20 am »
That's great news. Well done!

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15205 on: June 18, 2020, 05:35:20 am »
Cheers mate :)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15206 on: June 18, 2020, 07:13:38 am »
Well... I got the job! Contract in my inbox, pending references. So, so glad to be leaving my current job behind; not yet sure how to break it to my boss.

It’s a much more demanding job so here’s hoping I don’t get fired within a few weeks... I’ve gotten quite used to slacking off at my current place considering the lack of motivation I’ve had working for a narcissistic twat.
That's superb news mate I'm made up for you. 

As for the old boss, just keep it professional and thank him for the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15207 on: June 18, 2020, 11:08:50 am »
Good for you, EDP! Congratulations.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15208 on: June 18, 2020, 11:40:55 am »
Nice one mate  :thumbup
As Debs has said, keep it professional.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15209 on: June 18, 2020, 01:25:24 pm »
That's superb news mate I'm made up for you. 

As for the old boss, just keep it professional and thank him for the opportunity.

This this and this.

Once worked with a lad who well burnt his bridges when he left us - the Area manager found great pleasure in telling him to go fuck himself when he came back after he realised the new job wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Great news that you got the job :thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15210 on: June 18, 2020, 01:27:53 pm »
to be honest his current, soon to be ex, boss sounds like a massive fucking plank so doubt he'll be looking to go back there anytime soon.

Can't wait to hear how he takes you handing your notice in  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15211 on: June 18, 2020, 01:44:27 pm »
to be honest his current, soon to be ex, boss sounds like a massive fucking plank so doubt he'll be looking to go back there anytime soon.

Can't wait to hear how he takes you handing your notice in  ;D

In the current climate, you can never say never, so best not risk calling him the bellend he obviously is ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15212 on: June 18, 2020, 03:17:08 pm »
Thank you all! I'm sure a few of you have figured it's a pretty big deal for me. I nearly had a breakdown around Christmas-time last year. It's pretty demoralising working for someone who is so utterly clueless. I felt like I'd have gone insane if I stayed there for any longer. There are far too many things wrong with him to even begin to start.

I would absolutely love to rip him apart, but it's not really in my nature to be anything but professional. I'll be handing my notice in tomorrow and just keeping it civil. I'm 100% certain he'll have a go at me in some way though. He sent the last bloke who decided to leave a message saying, "Do you know what's the first thing to leave a sinking ship? A rat." He then put a review up on his Linkedin Profile slagging him off ::)

I expect I'll be told I've 'betrayed' him and let him down, but I couldn't really care at this point! I am wary though that he'll decide not to pay me for the work I've done this month.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15213 on: June 18, 2020, 03:21:22 pm »
Thank you all! I'm sure a few of you have figured it's a pretty big deal for me. I nearly had a breakdown around Christmas-time last year. It's pretty demoralising working for someone who is so utterly clueless. I felt like I'd have gone insane if I stayed there for any longer. There are far too many things wrong with him to even begin to start.

I would absolutely love to rip him apart, but it's not really in my nature to be anything but professional. I'll be handing my notice in tomorrow and just keeping it civil. I'm 100% certain he'll have a go at me in some way though. He sent the last bloke who decided to leave a message saying, "Do you know what's the first thing to leave a sinking ship? A rat." He then put a review up on his Linkedin Profile slagging him off ::)

I expect I'll be told I've 'betrayed' him and let him down, but I couldn't really care at this point! I am wary though that he'll decide not to pay me for the work I've done this month.

He made you work despite claiming furlough didn't he? If he doesn't pay you just make sure he's aware you have evidence of him committing fraud.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15214 on: June 18, 2020, 03:27:13 pm »
He made you work despite claiming furlough didn't he? If he doesn't pay you just make sure he's aware you have evidence of him committing fraud.

Yeah, that's right. I've got plenty of WhatsApp communications with him throughout furlough (1000s of messages), so it would be impossible for him to say otherwise. I got 100% pay for the first month of furlough so I didn't kick up a fuss over working from home, but ever since he's paid me only 80% of my salary - without even telling me. I brought it up and he deflected blame onto his accountant and said he would pay the extra 20% in 'a few months when they receive furlough compensation,' when that isn't how it works in the slightest.

Thanks for that though, definitely one to have in my armor if things go south.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15215 on: June 18, 2020, 06:33:13 pm »
This this and this.

Once worked with a lad who well burnt his bridges when he left us - the Area manager found great pleasure in telling him to go fuck himself when he came back after he realised the new job wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Great news that you got the job [emoji106]
Yep never burn bridges in the workplace.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15216 on: June 18, 2020, 06:46:05 pm »
He sent the last bloke who decided to leave a message saying, "Do you know what's the first thing to leave a sinking ship? A rat." He then put a review up on his Linkedin Profile slagging him off ::)
So he admitted he's the captain of a sinking ship? Sounds like a prize twat.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15217 on: June 18, 2020, 08:36:22 pm »
Yep never burn bridges in the workplace.

Especially if you work in a bridge building factory.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15218 on: June 18, 2020, 08:44:57 pm »
Especially if you work in a bridge building factory.
[emoji2356]

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #15219 on: June 18, 2020, 08:59:42 pm »

That would be blackmail. Just drop the c*nt in it over the furlough thing and sue him in the small claims court for your money. Better still, give him notice you’ll issue a winding up order if he doesn’t pay.

A mate of mine was fucked over for money owed by a boss who had made him work cash in hand. He let the taxman know anonymously and the company had to pay all the back tax plus 100% penalty.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15220 on: June 19, 2020, 08:17:59 am »
Anyone here who registered as an NHS volunteer been having problems with the alerts system.

Mine have been working fine so far but the last few days I keep getting them coming up for London?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15221 on: June 20, 2020, 08:20:22 am »

"It's a great opportunity for me to further my career and I was never looking for a new job but a recruitment company head hunted me and I couldn't turn it down"

Oh and well done for nailing it

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #15222 on: June 24, 2020, 06:42:37 pm »
What was the name of that shop chain that sold dried fruits, pulses, cereals, nuts etc?

Sort of a food based Holland and Barratt.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15223 on: June 24, 2020, 06:48:09 pm »
What was the name of that shop chain that sold dried fruits, pulses, cereals, nuts etc?

Sort of a food based Holland and Barratt.

Whole Foods? Prob not that as it's a US based firm mostly, but only one I can think of.

Online gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #15224 on: June 24, 2020, 08:30:40 pm »
One when I was younger was called "weigh-house" all products in cardboard barrels and plastic tubs with scoops so you can serve yourself.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #15225 on: June 30, 2020, 12:46:46 pm »
Sounds like silly question, but I need to use my annual leave up by September and work weekends here and there.

I have seen the council announce a parade, and Klopp said he will do everything in his power too.

Is it safe to say it won't happen between July - September? I am trying book all my holidays now and get them out the way.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #15226 on: June 30, 2020, 05:58:42 pm »
One when I was younger was called "weigh-house" all products in cardboard barrels and plastic tubs with scoops so you can serve yourself.

Got it in the end, the chain was Julian Graves. Went under in 2012.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15227 on: June 30, 2020, 06:50:06 pm »
Sounds like silly question, but I need to use my annual leave up by September and work weekends here and there.

I have seen the council announce a parade, and Klopp said he will do everything in his power too.

Is it safe to say it won't happen between July - September? I am trying book all my holidays now and get them out the way.

Given that the parade last year attracted up to 750000 depending on which report you believe, I reckon our league title parade will have similar numbers if not more. I can't see any scenario where even this bunch of pricks that lead the government give the go ahead for a gathering of that size by then.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #15228 on: June 30, 2020, 08:59:22 pm »
Given that the parade last year attracted up to 750000 depending on which report you believe, I reckon our league title parade will have similar numbers if not more. I can't see any scenario where even this bunch of pricks that lead the government give the go ahead for a gathering of that size by then.

That's a relief. I wouldn't even be comfortable going at any point in 2020.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15229 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:37 pm »
There were tweets last week that the council were looking at the end of July

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15230 on: July 1, 2020, 01:22:48 am »
There were tweets last week that the council were looking at the end of July

They'll take that shite at Pier Head into consideration and say no I reckon.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15231 on: July 1, 2020, 04:17:57 am »
They'll take that shite at Pier Head into consideration and say no I reckon.

Other than one prick with a firework nothing different happened there than at the CL parade last year. So I doubt it.

If it’s safe to have 500k+ people on the streets then I imagine they’ll do it. I can’t see that happening by end of July though personally. Maybe in August sometime I’d guess.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15232 on: July 1, 2020, 10:19:01 am »
Other than one prick with a firework nothing different happened there than at the CL parade last year. So I doubt it.

If it’s safe to have 500k+ people on the streets then I imagine they’ll do it. I can’t see that happening by end of July though personally. Maybe in August sometime I’d guess.

I've seen least 3 different videos of pricks with fireworks. I doubt it's the same prick in all 3 videos. And a few other pricks having a go at police who were trying to arrest someone. I just can't see it happening, especially with Chippy Tits being happy to be proved right about us gathering at Anfield.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #15233 on: July 1, 2020, 01:15:31 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't really see that happening in the short-term future. Even in countries with a lot fewer cases there are still severe restrictions in terms of how many people can attend an event. And we're talking about ticketed events where you have control over where the crowds are and how they can move. Hundreds of thousands of people moving freely in a city trying to get the best specs to view a bus drive past them? I don't see that happening at all this year anywhere in Europe.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15234 on: July 1, 2020, 05:00:48 pm »
So, meant to start that new job on Monday... I live in a block of six flats and someone overnight has put up a sign saying "To all, a resident in this block has tested positive for COVID-19. Please take the correct precautions. We would advise you to self-isolate for 14 days."

No sign off at the end of the letter, no idea who put it up. My girlfriend and I had already been self-isolating for 14 days so we could visit my mum over the weekend, but three days later and this has been put up. We have no communal areas in the flat, barring the stairway. We haven't bumped into a neighbour in over a month, but we've probably touched the same doorknobs/railings etc.

I don't particularly fancy bringing this up to my new boss. He's keen to get stuck in as soon as possible so I don't think it would be the right first impression to give before even starting the job. He's already given me instructions for the first day and what to expect etc.

How would you guys play it? I'd like to do the responsible thing but also don't want to start off on the wrong foot here. I thought about just mentioning it to him and asking him for his opinion, but really I'd rather not do that.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15235 on: July 1, 2020, 05:03:50 pm »
So, meant to start that new job on Monday... I live in a block of six flats and someone overnight has put up a sign saying "To all, a resident in this block has tested positive for COVID-19. Please take the correct precautions. We would advise you to self-isolate for 14 days."

No sign off at the end of the letter, no idea who put it up. My girlfriend and I had already been self-isolating for 14 days so we could visit my mum over the weekend, but three days later and this has been put up. We have no communal areas in the flat, barring the stairway. We haven't bumped into a neighbour in over a month, but we've probably touched the same doorknobs/railings etc.

I don't particularly fancy bringing this up to my new boss. He's keen to get stuck in as soon as possible so I don't think it would be the right first impression to give before even starting the job. He's already given me instructions for the first day and what to expect etc.

How would you guys play it? I'd like to do the responsible thing but also don't want to start off on the wrong foot here. I thought about just mentioning it to him and asking him for his opinion, but really I'd rather not do that.

Why would you not want to do that? If you just went in without mentioning it and ended up spreading the virus around his workforce and place of business how would you feel?!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15236 on: July 1, 2020, 05:07:43 pm »
I've seen least 3 different videos of pricks with fireworks. I doubt it's the same prick in all 3 videos. And a few other pricks having a go at police who were trying to arrest someone. I just can't see it happening, especially with Chippy Tits being happy to be proved right about us gathering at Anfield.

I witnessed both, so can tell you first hand it was no different other than this one was against lockdown rules and some prick fired a firework directly at the Liver Building.

The CL parade left a mess everywhere (and not just in one area), people were climbing all over everything, they were setting off flares, they were setting off smoke bombs, they were setting off fireworks, and there were arrests & some trouble later on (like a normal weekend night in Liverpool, or any city, to be honest).

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15237 on: July 1, 2020, 05:08:45 pm »
Why would you not want to do that? If you just went in without mentioning it and ended up spreading the virus around his workforce and place of business how would you feel?!

Yeah, you’re right. I guess I’m just a bit wary of giving off the impression that I’m shying away from working. He ideally wanted me to begin today but I couldn’t, so delaying it by another two weeks I’m a bit fearful he’ll either look elsewhere or think I’m taking the piss. But you’re right, I shouldn’t put them in a vulnerable position by just not mentioning it. Just not sure how to bring it up in the right way.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15238 on: July 1, 2020, 05:10:20 pm »

The guidelines aren’t to isolate if someone in the same apartment building gets it - that would be ridiculous. Same as if someone who has been in the same gets tested positive then everyone who has been in since doesn’t need to isolate.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15239 on: July 1, 2020, 05:44:15 pm »

They haven't told you who has got it, what floor they live on and you have no idea if you have been in contact with them, so, unless you have symptoms, say nothing and go to work.  We've all been in shops where someone will have been in before us who has covid, it'd be ridiculous if we all isolated every time we went the shops in case we touched something someone with the virus might have touched..
Jurgen YNWA