Author Topic: The Klopp's Speech - Epic quotes by the Manager! (No chat)  (Read 96059 times)

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
Re: The Klopp's Speech - Epic quotes by the Manager! (No chat)
« Reply #120 on: April 4, 2016, 04:59:46 pm »
I love this man.

http://www.football365.com/news/klopp-hopes-sturridge-doesnt-kick-me-from-behind

Klopp hopes Sturridge ‘doesn’t kick me from behind’

Jurgen Klopp has explained that he understands Daniel Sturridge’s angry reaction to being substituted against Tottenham.

Liverpool striker Sturridge started the 1-1 draw against Spurs on Saturday, but failed to convert any of his chances and cut a frustrated figure throughout.

Manager Klopp substituted the England international after 72 minutes at Anfield, with Sturridge reacting rather angrily to being hauled off. Doesn’t every player when they are removed from a game they feel they can change?

Klopp defended his striker after the reaction, stating that he was happy Sturridge wanted to stay on.

“I think that’s completely normal, especially with the quality of Daniel Sturridge,” Klopp said. “He has to think ‘leave me on the pitch and I can decide the game’.

“That’s true, but in this moment we need other help in the game. We needed ways behind the line. We needed Divock’s physical strength so I changed.

“I could have changed Adam Lallana and gone with two strikers. But in my opinion, and only my opinion counts, it didn’t make sense so that’s it.

“I saw that he was not happy because I’m not blind,” Klopp added. “But that’s not a problem because if he came off and [celebrated] something would be really wrong.

“You cannot play football with this confidence when you are like we are. You have to think ‘yes, I’m the best’.

“I like this – as long as he doesn’t come off the pitch and do something really strange like kicking me from behind.”

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »
'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'

"The supporters moaning about corners is a waste of time. The corner has been taken and we know it was shit."

Reporter: "You're one step closer to the trophy and CL"
Klopp: "Please don't ask me about this shit."

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2016, 12:37:19 pm »

"The supporters moaning about corners is a waste of time. The corner has been taken and we know it was shit."

This is the one that stands out. Shows the character of the man. Dont dwell on things that are done, move on to next target. Applies to many things from fans to players
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2016, 12:53:29 pm »
I love this quote - it's just brilliant. There's probably some German context missing from it, but I don't want to know it because it sounds better without it.

Wheelie bins in Liverpool are purple.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2016, 01:45:59 pm »
I love this quote - it's just brilliant. There's probably some German context missing from it, but I don't want to know it because it sounds better without it.
Red plus Blue = purple

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2016, 02:05:01 am »
(1:15) After the Villarreal loss: "My first thinking when everybody was celebrating around me was, I thought, 'Sorry, it's not over. You still have to come to Anfield too.' So...we will be ready."

(5:24)Funny part, same interview. You hear a journalist ask him a long question in Spanish. You hear 'Anfield' in the middle of it. Klopp cuts him off:

"Completely different game." (everyone chuckles) "I'm not sure about your question but I hope you asked what I want to answer!" (everyone laughs as Klopps points to translator. Translator confirms the question was about what type of game to expect at Anfield. Klopp shakes his fists in delight) "Yes!!" (everyone laughs) "Completely different game! Looking forward to Anfield." ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3e_Acrl_hqk#t=386" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3e_Acrl_hqk#t=386</a>

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:11:33 am by soxfan »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2016, 11:17:15 am »
Haha! ;D Klopp is brilliant. ;D

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #127 on: May 6, 2016, 02:52:51 pm »
Just thought I'd translate this answer from the press conference, for the benefit of any non-German speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zozoC_UR9XE&feature=youtu.be&t=424

"You can answer in German if you wish..."

"Yeah? That is unbelivable... [laughter] Yeah, it's Andy. Erm, clap, wear wonderbra, my dish-head is an act! Banish infirm men in funfair. No-man's borassic forensic evidence in Hampden, we have a shiny shiny basketball... erm, the management's bin is for shiny my dad, that's why mercenary's on a Saga, I was... yeah, the swine finale the mercenary is a close radish, also Whirlish out at Norvelle and Young's, so the canal had out by the noise bin I'm in Turkish. It is finally momentous, it's a good big toilet size in for the manshaft, and, um, we see a vet, Ken found his app, yeah, all is good. We had a cool leather fire for the club in the Shpeeler."

Offline flipflan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • Back off Warchild
« Reply #128 on: May 6, 2016, 03:05:05 pm »
Just thought I'd translate this answer from the press conference, for the benefit of any non-German speakers.

"Yeah? That is unbelivable... [laughter] Yeah, it's Andy. Erm, clap, wear wonderbra, my dish-head is an act! Banish infirm men in funfair. No-man's borassic forensic evidence in Hampden, we have a shiny shiny basketball... erm, the management's bin is for shiny my dad, that's why mercenary's on a Saga, I was... yeah, the swine finale the mercenary is a close radish, also Whirlish out at Norvelle and Young's, so the canal had out by the noise bin I'm in Turkish. It is finally momentous, it's a good big toilet size in for the manshaft, and, um, we see a vet, Ken found his app, yeah, all is good. We had a cool leather fire for the club in the Shpeeler."

:lmao

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 6, 2016, 03:19:02 pm »

:o

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #130 on: May 6, 2016, 03:22:30 pm »
Sabu...?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 6, 2016, 03:49:23 pm »
Sabu...?

... was Klopp all along. Who would've guessed!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 6, 2016, 04:06:35 pm »
(1:15) After the Villarreal loss: "My first thinking when everybody was celebrating around me was, I thought, 'Sorry, it's not over. You still have to come to Anfield too.' So...we will be ready.

:D :D :D :D

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
Re: The Klopp's Speech - Epic quotes by the Manager!
« Reply #133 on: May 6, 2016, 11:21:22 pm »
Klopp on title ambitions:

"I don't want to be sit here in twenty years and no (title)... I want be here in four years and we have won title once, yes."
"If not maybe (I will take) the next (Job) in Switzerland"  ;D

On his first day at the press conference, he spoke about a possible future Swiss job ......

is there anything this fella can't do or doesn't see ?

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #134 on: May 7, 2016, 03:56:31 am »

So glad Ken found his app. Just dragged it into the wrong folder in the end.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #135 on: May 7, 2016, 08:04:07 am »

I just laughed so much tears are streaming out

Same press conference:

"I would not be like him one second in my life, and he's a great manager"

:lickin
« Last Edit: May 7, 2016, 08:07:00 am by Scarlet` »
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #136 on: May 7, 2016, 09:04:20 am »
"Against Villarreal in the first half hour I have not seen this often from a team. It was pure power.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #137 on: May 7, 2016, 10:00:47 am »
Not a quote but a paraphrase from a recent presser: "Come to Liverpool for Anfield Nights? Actually I came because I thought they had a really good squad!"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2016, 04:00:28 am »
“I liked this club long before I came here, now I love it,” he says. “I don’t think it’s coincidence, just another lucky decision in my life. I was taking a break from football because I needed one, but when Liverpool called I was on fire.

“I have not been disappointed. In fact it is funny, because there are only two clubs in Germany that have You’ll Never Walk Alone as an anthem. Mainz and Dortmund, my previous two clubs. I don’t know why that is but it is true. Now I am here. Maybe that is the story of my life. I never wanted to walk alone.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/14/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-europa-league-final-sevilla-basel
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2016, 04:12:14 am »
On the miracle that was Istanbul :

“It was something like a wonder,” Klopp says. “Being 3-0 down and coming all the way back is maybe the biggest show of character in football history, something you do not normally see in a final. When you reach a final you want to live up to expectations, you want to work and you want to be in the best shape, not to go 3-0 down in the first half. That kills dreams usually.”

Being an inspirational, motivational type of manager, Klopp admits to having tapped into the Istanbul spirit in his team talks in Germany in the past, offering it as an example of indefatigability in never admitting defeat. “I have used a lot of things in my life that helped me stay in the race or be more confident in difficult situations, and for sure this was one,” he says. “I have definitely used it in team meetings. But then again, I have used Rocky Balboa a lot of times as well.”

Fact and fiction often seem to blend when Klopp becomes animated, but the truth is that the Rocky character is not such a knockout with footballers any more. “I must have seen it about 20 times and mentioned it just as often, but I still remember the last time I tried it,” he recalls.

“I was trying to prepare Dortmund for a meeting with Bayern and I started talking about Rocky Balboa. Suddenly I could sense I was looking at dead eyes, so I asked who had heard of Rocky Balboa. Only two people had. So now I can’t use it any more. Footballers are too young.”
   ;D

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/14/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-europa-league-final-sevilla-basel
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:19:40 am by mersey_paradiso »
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2016, 08:10:26 am »

“I have not been disappointed. In fact it is funny, because there are only two clubs in Germany that have You’ll Never Walk Alone as an anthem. Mainz and Dortmund, my previous two clubs. I don’t know why that is but it is true. Now I am here. Maybe that is the story of my life. I never wanted to walk alone.”

I thought Gladbach sang YNWA as well?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:33:58 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2016, 11:16:05 am »

:lmao  Brilliant.  Fits perfectly, well done lad.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2016, 12:58:34 pm »
Think some of today's quotes have come from the NBC interview. It's posted in the AV thread.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VC3tzy9OX6A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VC3tzy9OX6A</a>
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2016, 05:54:49 pm »
"I think Sturridge will be back soon -- but soon is relative and I actually don't know. "

I think I'm going to start using that one at work.

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2703717/jurgen-klopp-unsure-on-daniel-sturridge-return-to-liverpool

Does your boss know who Daniel Sturridge is   ;D
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2016, 10:33:46 pm »
“What are you doing here?” Klopp asked.

“Speaking about you!” Lallana said.

“Ask him if he knows when Spurs start pre-season training?” Klopp joked in a reference to recent speculation linking the England international with a summer move to White Hart Lane.

“Too late, we have already spoken about that,” Lallana responded.

“I asked him and he said July 1,” Klopp said before descending into laughter.

“I thought you were being serious,” Lallana insisted.

“Are you crazy!” Klopp added before heading back out the door.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2016, 10:36:47 pm »

Time to Gegenpress fellas!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline TheWalrus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2016, 11:21:06 pm »
Lallana on Klopp before the league cup final:

“I remember it vividly. In the team meeting he said: 'This will be the first of many finals we will have together'. The way he said it, the words he used, you just believed there would be more finals whether it was this year or next year or whenever. Three months later we are in another cup final. It just shows you his confidence and self-belief and I think that rubs off on the lads, sub-consciously or not. 'The first of many finals', he said, and it just stuck in my mind from the moment he said it.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2016, 12:14:22 pm »
“Two hours ago you all felt shit. Now hopefully you all feel better. This is just the start for us. We will play in many more finals.”

The Liverpool manager then proceeded to start singing ‘We are Liverpool, tra-la-la-la-la!’, a song popularised by supporters during the club’s title challenge during the 2013/14 season and had his players join in."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-news-jurgen-klopp-players-sing-europa-league-final-sevilla-a7038986.html

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »
“Two hours ago you all felt shit. Now hopefully you all feel better. This is just the start for us. We will play in many more finals.”

The Liverpool manager then proceeded to start singing ‘We are Liverpool, tra-la-la-la-la!’, a song popularised by supporters during the club’s title challenge during the 2013/14 season and had his players join in."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-news-jurgen-klopp-players-sing-europa-league-final-sevilla-a7038986.html

Read that yesterday - brilliant.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Klopp's Speech - Epic quotes by the Manager! (No chat)
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2016, 01:26:48 pm »
Hearing Klopp had the boys singing that picked me up and put me in good spirits for the first today.

We're in good hands here!!!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #150 on: August 6, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »
Asked a question by a S*n Journo

'No. It's not personal but you're still working for The S*n right? So. Thats it. You can listen and you can write what you want.'

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #151 on: August 6, 2016, 07:50:35 pm »
Asked a question by a S*n Journo

'No. It's not personal but you're still working for The S*n right? So. Thats it. You can listen and you can write what you want.'

All I need from him now is a rendition of 'Tell ye ma, ye ma' on the telly and it think I'll propose to him.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #152 on: August 6, 2016, 08:05:44 pm »
^ video of it here lads - https://twitter.com/PeterHeyes50/status/762000239108714496 and then https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/761996705210462208

shouldn't be too long for the longer answer (and video) from him to the S*n journalist from the post-match press conference.

edit - fuller video here - https://twitter.com/SportStafford/status/762002717166428160 - and a slightly longer one at https://twitter.com/PierceKennedy/status/762004893263626240
« Last Edit: August 6, 2016, 08:19:34 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #153 on: August 6, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »
Does anyone have the video of that montage about LFC and Klopp talking over it, saying a lot of the things he said in the first conference about turning into believers? Anyone that has watched LFCTV will know which one I mean. I want the video/file, it's beautiful.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 6, 2016, 08:13:40 pm »
^ video of it here lads - https://twitter.com/PeterHeyes50/status/762000239108714496 and then https://twitter.com/ViktorFagerLFC/status/761996705210462208

shouldn't be too long for the longer answer (and video) from him to the S*n journalist from the post-match press conference.

edit - fuller video here - https://twitter.com/SportStafford/status/762002717166428160

thanks for that...

fucking legend in my eyes already. he just gets it doesnt he.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #155 on: August 6, 2016, 08:27:30 pm »

Sounds like they've got some dirt they're planning to dish out. :-\
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #156 on: August 7, 2016, 08:28:11 am »
Me and my mate watching him talk yesterday. We love the fella.

For him to publicly show up those shitbags is great. The message is spreading.

Disgusting paper read by............ well - you decide.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 7, 2016, 08:49:28 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NukuaSFoaq4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NukuaSFoaq4</a>

He actually had a grudge with them before this already. The full quote is actually "Oh, the S@n? Do you think I am an idiot?" Apparently they've been asking daft questions during both legs of the tie.

So he's right it's not about Liverpool, they're daft regardless.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #158 on: August 7, 2016, 10:15:39 am »
The LFC-Barcelona post-match press conference (it's 2 mins in when Klopp address the S*n reporter):-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gpkefPXlibU?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gpkefPXlibU?fs=1</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 7, 2016, 12:11:36 pm »
Thread title says no chat, can we drop the speculation about the fucking rag?
« Last Edit: August 7, 2016, 12:16:41 pm by Claire. »