Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 676665 times)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #640 on: December 4, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »
Took his goal well.

Seems to be very strong defensively and I wonder if he could do the job on the right Henderson has been doing? Henderson has only had 2-3 poor games after a cracking start and really wasn't too bad in this game but I thought Sterling really put his hand up tonight.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #641 on: December 4, 2013, 10:21:43 pm »
Goal aside i thought he was poor tonight, hopefully the goal gives him confidence

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #642 on: December 4, 2013, 10:22:24 pm »
Made up for him getting a goal.

Good finish too and will do his confidence the world of good.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: December 4, 2013, 10:27:21 pm »
Thought he was good today but then again I didn't think he was as bad as people made out on sunday.

Given minutes I think he'll play himself into form.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #644 on: December 4, 2013, 10:30:26 pm »
Decent performance and fantastic finish for the goal, should give him a much needed confidence boost.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #645 on: December 4, 2013, 10:32:29 pm »
Fair play to the lad.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: December 4, 2013, 10:32:42 pm »
Thought he was good today, and not as awful as people were saying against Hull. Today, he got into some decent positions, moved well and worked hard.

Really pleased for him to get a goal (and a very good finish it was), should be excellent for his confidence and self-belief.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: December 4, 2013, 10:34:08 pm »
He's a kid with talent. He's got all the basics. The decision making will come with experience.

The goal tonight will help him no end.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #648 on: December 4, 2013, 10:38:51 pm »
He should continue to get all the game time set aside for the Nigerian mekon.

Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: December 4, 2013, 10:44:26 pm »
Really nice finish for the goal, a very decent performance all round, and he'll only turn 19 in a few days time...

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #650 on: December 4, 2013, 10:53:48 pm »
I still maintain that he wasn't 'terrible' against Hull, but I'm eager to see how he did tonight (when I watch the recorded game.) Glad he had a good game, it's about time that he found the ingredients to turn his game around.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #651 on: December 5, 2013, 12:29:39 am »
Cos people have known about him for a while and he's been hyped they assume that he's the finished article already. So many fans forget that he's 18! Of course he's going to overhit a cross, of course he's going to attempt the wrong pass or try and take on one man too many, that's all part of his learning curve and his development process. A decent performance by him and the goal will do his confidence no harm. Still think he needs a loan out for the second half of the season though, to a top half Championship team.

No 18 year old is the finished article, except maybe Freddy Adu back in his day. ;)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #652 on: December 5, 2013, 12:33:28 am »
He needs to bulk up ASAP. I say we let him sleep over at Enrique's place for at least 1 month and we'll see how it goes from there.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: December 5, 2013, 12:37:42 am »
Still a big talent, just need a regular run of games, would be in favour of sending him out on loan in January and promoting Ibe to his role in the team.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: December 5, 2013, 12:58:41 am »
Cos people have known about him for a while and he's been hyped they assume that he's the finished article already. So many fans forget that he's 18! Of course he's going to overhit a cross, of course he's going to attempt the wrong pass or try and take on one man too many, that's all part of his learning curve and his development process. A decent performance by him and the goal will do his confidence no harm. Still think he needs a loan out for the second half of the season though, to a top half Championship team.

No 18 year old is the finished article, except maybe Freddy Adu back in his day. ;)

Problem is he doesn't show that many moments of brilliance these days, which I can only assume he often did in the lower ranks. Hoping that he can really find his place soon.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #655 on: December 5, 2013, 01:00:57 am »
He needs to bulk up ASAP. I say we let him sleep over at Enrique's place for at least 1 month and we'll see how it goes from there.

Enrique is Purple Aki's successor?

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: December 5, 2013, 01:04:26 am »

He'd be up all night with Enrique playing Fifa and Skyping with Suso.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: December 5, 2013, 01:12:27 am »
What a difference a game makes! I still think we should be thinking about a loan.  He did well but talent is still very raw.  The best thing for him would be to be playing regularly in a team where he is the main star (like Suso is at Almeira). 

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #658 on: December 5, 2013, 01:19:01 am »
I think a loan should depend on where he's at when Sturridge returns/the start of January if we've got another attacker coming in.

He'll have a run of games now, hopefully. Tonight might just have allowed him the chance to play himself into a bit of form, rather than losing his place immediately after an indifferent game at the weekend. I hope we use the opportunity to play him instead of a Chelsea player, and then give him the opportunity to nail down a place. Then we can see in January, if he's not there, about sending him out on loan, whilst using the Chelsea player to cover his place in the squad.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #659 on: December 5, 2013, 01:19:11 am »
Confidence boost indeed.

I did notice today at the game, and being there in person, just how well he gets back to defend.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: December 5, 2013, 02:17:03 am »
Great finish. Hopefully gives him the confidence boost he's really needed all season. Could be an important player during the Christmas period with Studger out.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: December 5, 2013, 02:32:46 am »
He played well against West Ham away last season. Set up Cole's goal nicely

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: December 5, 2013, 02:58:55 am »
Aside from the goal he was poor. He only made a few good passing decisions, made more bad decisions when dribbling than good as he kept either running into blind alleys or just ran straight into the opposition and didn't actually trouble them.

Whether his confidence is shaken or not , as a team we need better than what he is producing atm. For his own sake he needs to play regularly at a lower level as we cannot carry his lack of experience when we need better results than last weekend.

I'm not saying Moses is the answer but I would have preferred Aspas or Alberto over Sterling from the beginning tonight. I'm also not saying he will never make it here etc, but he does need to go on loan elsewhere for a while to get regular game experience.

Even Nathan Redmond was better than Sterling tonight, and we need to take off our red tinted specs and realise he is not as good as we think he is right now.

But congratulations on the goal, well taken and a good run to get in that position.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #663 on: December 5, 2013, 03:01:01 am »
he needs to work his head down and play some good matches to earn back good confidence too ... early at the match he had some bad passes ... perhaps the team lift him up little ... compare to his last match
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: December 5, 2013, 03:52:12 am »
Aside from the goal he was poor. He only made a few good passing decisions, made more bad decisions when dribbling than good as he kept either running into blind alleys or just ran straight into the opposition and didn't actually trouble them.

Whether his confidence is shaken or not , as a team we need better than what he is producing atm. For his own sake he needs to play regularly at a lower level as we cannot carry his lack of experience when we need better results than last weekend.

I'm not saying Moses is the answer but I would have preferred Aspas or Alberto over Sterling from the beginning tonight. I'm also not saying he will never make it here etc, but he does need to go on loan elsewhere for a while to get regular game experience.

Even Nathan Redmond was better than Sterling tonight, and we need to take off our red tinted specs and realise he is not as good as we think he is right now.

WE need to realise he's not as good as WE think?

Speak for yourself. I couldn't agree less.

But congratulations on the goal, well taken and a good run to get in that position.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: December 5, 2013, 03:54:10 am »
he needs to work his head down
The amount of interviews he's had regarding "keeping his head down" (as well as people/forums saying he should) is making me think he has a neck problem.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #666 on: December 5, 2013, 04:17:33 am »
The amount of interviews he's had regarding "keeping his head down" (as well as people/forums saying he should) is making me think he has a neck problem.

haha.. yes u right! know what u mean, and agree with that too, he seems doesnt really know whats team mate going on at the pitch at the game.. all he does is DO A WHOLE SET OF MOVEMENT / DRIBBLING (if thats what he call)  HE WANTS TO DO, before he pass the ball ..
« Last Edit: December 5, 2013, 04:23:08 am by rushie9 »
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #667 on: December 5, 2013, 06:43:12 am »

Enrique would end up pregnant.
'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: December 5, 2013, 06:51:30 am »

Am already on a warning, but seriously, do fuck off lad, we just won 5-1 and the young lad bagged one. What were you expecting Ronaldo? Even that fairy eyed twat was running into blind alleys at 19.

Do me a favour yeah, get behind the lad or don't bother slapping your fingers on the keyboard.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #669 on: December 5, 2013, 06:52:18 am »
I thought Enrique instead of Flano would have made his job much easier. Hope he gets his confidence back since he was showing signs of brilliance as the game progressed. The goal will do wonders for his confidence.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: December 5, 2013, 07:22:23 am »
Sick of people thinking he's already the finished product. He's still very very raw. He needs games for experience, he definitely has the talent to succeed. And he offers a lot more than Henderson ON THE RIGHT WING.

Caps so people can read that right.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: December 5, 2013, 07:34:49 am »

O My..........

:lmao :lmao :lmao
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: December 5, 2013, 07:35:32 am »
Sick of people thinking he's already the finished product. He's still very very raw. He needs games for experience, he definitely has the talent to succeed. And he offers a lot more than Henderson ON THE RIGHT WING.

Caps so people can read that right.

Hope fully another Defeulou in him........   
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: December 5, 2013, 07:38:01 am »

Am already on a warning, but seriously, do fuck off lad, we just won 5-1 and the young lad bagged one. What were you expecting Ronaldo? Even that fairy eyed twat was running into blind alleys at 19.

Do me a favour yeah, get behind the lad or don't bother slapping your fingers on the keyboard.

That was an entirely reasonable post. You don't have to get all angry and shit simply someone has an opinion you don't share.

And comparisons with Ronaldo are awful. He might have run into blind alleys and was far from the complete player but there were absolutely no questions about his ability or potential. His touch, pace, close control and shooting were all of a different league to what Sterling has been exhibiting. And yes, I understand you were only comparing styles but when there is such a gulf in ability, comparisons of styles become rather redundant.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: December 5, 2013, 07:46:14 am »
That was an entirely reasonable post. You don't have to get all angry and shit simply someone has an opinion you don't share.

And comparisons with Ronaldo are awful. He might have run into blind alleys and was far from the complete player but there were absolutely no questions about his ability or potential. His touch, pace, close control and shooting were all of a different league to what Sterling has been exhibiting. And yes, I understand you were only comparing styles but when there is such a gulf in ability, comparisons of styles become rather redundant.

Point taken - you going to get behind the lad then? Genuine question... because a handful of pages back he was to be sold, now he's scored he's a hero...

"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: December 5, 2013, 07:46:17 am »

Great, now I have the image of an 8 month pregnant Enrique run-waddling down the wing...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: December 5, 2013, 07:50:24 am »

Alberto has done nothing when he's been on the pitch in the last two games to say "pick me over Sterling". Fucking hell, I know he's exactly the sort of player everyone wants to love, but you wouldn't have noticed he'd come on in either game.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #677 on: December 5, 2013, 07:51:43 am »

No need for that, it is just his opinion, everybody has them and opinions can't be right or wrong, what if you posted something and somebody put the same as you did there, you wouldn't like it, so therefore respect others opinions

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: December 5, 2013, 07:54:01 am »
No need for that, it is just his opinion, everybody has them and opinions can't be right or wrong, what if you posted something and somebody put the same as you did there, you wouldn't like it, so therefore respect others opinions

Nah, soz, but opinions can be wrong and they're definitely not all equal in worth.

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #679 on: December 5, 2013, 07:56:24 am »
Great, now I have the image of an 8 month pregnant Enrique run-waddling down the wing...

And putting in a poor cross? :D