Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 350827 times)

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #3880 on: April 15, 2011, 12:24:46 pm »
From a quick look through a few ITK posts, thought I'd summarise what may possibly happen as things stand

In

Young
Adam
Baines/Enrique
Hazard/Sanchez
Wickham
M'Villa

(IMO another big name will arrive)

Out

Cole
Ngog
Jovanovic
Poulsen
Maxi
Aurelio
Pepe?

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #3881 on: April 15, 2011, 12:27:11 pm »
I hope Aurelio and Maxi stay (I don't even need to say that I want Pepe to stay too, right?)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #3882 on: April 15, 2011, 12:28:26 pm »
The price is surely dictated by his experience as opposed to his goal tally.  69 Games and 13 Goals over 3 seasons.  £15 million is a lot.
his goal tally is a bit shit for so-one who's the next Rooney or whatever, but if we're after him lets hope he comes good because £15 million is a shitload of money. Strikers like Fowler and Owen scored a shitload and at Premier League level at Wickham's age but not everyone is like that. There's a lot of hype though, is it worth it?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #3883 on: April 15, 2011, 12:28:59 pm »
And you know this how? It is quite clear you are not an agent as previously claimed, so why don't you come clean?

Give it a fucking rest. Don´t believe him, but just don´t read his posts if they annoy you and make you jealous.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #3884 on: April 15, 2011, 12:29:26 pm »
Lukaku would be a fantastic signing, on the radar according to some

oh and Konchesky on the way out obviously

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3885 on: April 15, 2011, 12:33:36 pm »
Lukaku would be a fantastic signing, on the radar according to some

is the one i would want.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3886 on: April 15, 2011, 12:36:27 pm »
Lukaku will go to Chelsea most probably
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3887 on: April 15, 2011, 12:36:44 pm »
We have to develop a policy of buying top rated young players. We cant afford to pay the kind of money City and Chelsea do for established stars, so to be able to have top class talent in our team we have to be a bit more risky and buy top rated young players who might develop in to the type of player City or Chelsea would spend huge money on.

The Bale transfer to Spurs is an example of this, they paid over the odds for him at the time, considering what he'd done, knowing that his value would either increase (best case scenario, they get him playing well and also stand to make a profit on his possible sale meaning they can re-invest again) or he slightly loses value but due to the fact of how young he was they knew that his price would maintain some sort of parity to what they paid and their loss wouldn't be so significant.

That's the approach that we'd be taking with any possible Wickham deal. We'd almost certainly over pay for him. 18 year old with only championship experience who hasn't got an amazing amount of goals under his belt. But for the money we'd get a player who's value and ability could continue to rise for a number of years. And in the eventuality that neither did then his value, due to him being young and English wouldnt decrease to the extent that should we decide to ship him out we'd see too significant a loss.

I dont think its much surprise that the established names we've been stringly linked to, Adam, Young and Enrique all have 1 year left on their contract. Thanks to that they represent much more value than older established players whos transfer fees would be much higher due to them being tied down.

Our transfer stratergy is emerging and it looks as if we're being very smart about it.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3888 on: April 15, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »
The only problem I have I buying Wickam is the price and the fact we have just signed two players, in his position and the fact those players are both young themselves , andy carrol is what? 21 or something , Suarez is something like 23/24? They both are still young and both still have there prime to come, if things goes accordingly , they could be playing at the top level for 4/6 years.

Now spending 15 million ( some people are saying this price) on someone who isn't likely to play much more than n'gog, is a bit crazy. Specially for a position that is already filled with pretty you g, very good strikers that have both cost an arm and a leg.

Now if he was a young, talented wing (a position that need to be improved) then I would probably say yes. And if he was costing hmm let's say 6-8 mil then it seems like a deal.
But 15 mil on a youngster that plays in a position that has just be filled, I would say it would be bad business for both the lad and the club.

Plus we have strikers at the club like Morgan and ngoo who still haven't been given a chance. Now if he was like the next Rooney or something, I would bite there hand off but from what I have seen from him, he isn't even near rooneys level at that age.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Red Dane

• Kopite
  • Probinate nobis similibusque
« Reply #3889 on: April 15, 2011, 12:47:33 pm »
Our transfer stratergy is emerging and it looks as if we're being very smart about it.

For the first time in a decade.
Every power draws its ultimate consequences at every moment. Supposing that this also is only interpretation-and you will be eager enough to make this objection?-well, so much the better. (Nietzsche; Beyond Good & Evil, p. 30-31).

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3890 on: April 15, 2011, 12:56:17 pm »
The price is surely dictated by his experience as opposed to his goal tally.  69 Games and 13 Goals over 3 seasons.  £15 million is a lot.

Not really. It is dictated by the market, as ever. He is a young talent with a lot of potential to improve. If he continues as expected he will be worth twice that much in less than 3 years. We need to be in for these players when they are young and people need to start understanding about transfer fees - they are dictated by a)demand b) potential c) yes Nationality plays a part
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #3891 on: April 15, 2011, 01:01:01 pm »
Not really. It is dictated by the market, as ever. He is a young talent with a lot of potential to improve. If he continues as expected he will be worth twice that much in less than 3 years. We need to be in for these players when they are young and people need to start understanding about transfer fees - they are dictated by a)demand b) potential c) yes Nationality plays a part

You're forgetting the main one, exposure.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3892 on: April 15, 2011, 01:02:23 pm »
how is his price going to increase when he doesn't play much though? Or do you think he has enough talent and potential to oust carrol/Suarez out of the team?
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3893 on: April 15, 2011, 01:04:35 pm »
how is his price going to increase when he doesn't play much though? Or do you think he has enough talent and potential to oust carrol/Suarez out of the team?

There are cup games, injuries to other players, sub appearances etc to consider.

Its not as simple as him being behind Carroll and Suarez is it.

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3894 on: April 15, 2011, 01:05:51 pm »

He'll most certainly become back-up for the pair, but with his potential it's worth to pay up. In maybe 3-4 years he'll be worth a hell of a lot more and he will have been given us great attacking depth during those years. My wish isn't to buy him and sell him on after 3-4 years, just saying it could really be profiting to buy him.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3895 on: April 15, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »
I'm loving even more though that we already have a promising local lad in Morgan, and another promising Englishman in Ngoo. They are the same as Wickham - no more than prospects. But Wickham just happens to have silly money tagged on him.

I don't think they're the same! Wickham is playing regular championship football and in the England U21 squad. You can't compare playing at that level with youth and reserve football. Which in this country is of a pretty shite standard.

Wickham is the current top English teenage striking prospect. So being in for him can only be a good thing. Who knows what the future holds. Maybe Morgan and Ngoo will go on and become better players but obviously right now Kenny, Damien and all the other scouts from different clubs watching the lad think he has the potential to be special. I'd be very happy to see Wickham brought in this summer and Ngog and/or Pacheco moved on to help finance the deal and create space in the squad.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #3896 on: April 15, 2011, 01:10:41 pm »
There are cup games, injuries to other players, sub appearances etc to consider.

Its not as simple as him being behind Carroll and Suarez is it.
Exactly, then there's the injuries or heaven forbid they all get a game at once.  :)

I remember the moaning and bitching that we didn't sign a backup to our old number 9, now when we are linked with a top young prospect that's a bad idea as well.  :o
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:14:41 pm by stevedo »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3897 on: April 15, 2011, 01:11:48 pm »
In

Young
Adam
Baines
Hazard
Sanchez
Wickham
M'Villa

Out

Cole
Ngog
Jovanovic
Poulsen
Maxi
PFK

I'd be over the moon with that...especially if we were able to get another year out of Fab and got AA back into the fold!

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #3898 on: April 15, 2011, 01:16:13 pm »
I'd be over the moon with that...especially if we were able to get another year out of Fab and got AA back into the fold!
Don't get the AA discussion up and running again, please God no!

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #3899 on: April 15, 2011, 01:20:03 pm »

I think you are ignoring experience all together.   Would Connor Wickham's fee be £15 Million if he was in Ipswhich's Reserve Team and would Eccleston's or Ince's transfer fee not increase with a run of games in Liverpool's first team.  Where as I do not disagree with your 3 points of demand, potential and Nationality, I think this does not cover it all.
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3900 on: April 15, 2011, 01:20:31 pm »
what are the odds of seeing a line up like this during SOME games next season?

Pepe

New Cb     Agger    Skrtel

Johnson                               Enrique/Baines

CM*
                               CM*

Suarez

Carroll               Wickham

* the midfield positions will be roated between Gerrard, Raul, Lucas and a new midfielder

obviously im not talking 1st choice line-up i just mean when some players maybe need a rest or we need to start banging in more chances against the weaker sides.

or am i just talking out of my hoop not including any new wingers and not playing Suarez out wide? but as i said its not my idea of a regular starting line up, just a consideration when things need changing during a game or certain players need a rest / get injured. and also a way to introduce Wickham to prem football without throwing him in at the deep end on his own

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3901 on: April 15, 2011, 01:20:48 pm »
That's the approach that we'd be taking with any possible Wickham deal. We'd almost certainly over pay for him. 18 year old with only championship experience who hasn't got an amazing amount of goals under his belt. But for the money we'd get a player who's value and ability could continue to rise for a number of years. And in the eventuality that neither did then his value, due to him being young and English wouldnt decrease to the extent that should we decide to ship him out we'd see too significant a loss.
It's a sound strategy to have, and Wickham is perhaps worth the cost, but I think what I and others are concerned about is if that's what we need right now. With Ngoo and Morgan soon coming up, Carroll (only 22) and Kuyt in the first team for a few more years at the very least, maybe 15 million an 18-year old striker isn't the smartest move we can make. I'd hate to lose out on a certain starter at LW for example, for a great prospect at centre forward (where we are pretty well off at the moment). 

Of course, I have no idea how much money we've got, and we might afford to spend considerable amounts on, say, a CB, LB, Midfielder, Leftwinger AND add Wickham, but 15 million is a lot, and I doubt that we actually could. But I trust Kenny and Comolli to get it all right, and it's far too early to have a settled opinion on who we should buy right now. No matter what though, I'd love it if we became the favoured club for young, promising playersin the future, and if we do get Wickham, that's a sure sign we're about to be just that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:22:20 pm by Roger Federer »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3902 on: April 15, 2011, 01:21:17 pm »
Don't get the AA discussion up and running again, please God no!

Ha ha I always think it's funny watching Fordy and Mac_Red squaring up toe to toe  ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3903 on: April 15, 2011, 01:22:30 pm »

He will play though in the Europa league and Cup games, plus look at United, they use Rooney, Hernandez and Berbatov on rotation. We hope Andy and Suarez will always be fit but reality says that won't always be the case. Signing Wickham would be a big sign of our intent to have a top squad, plus as has been said his price will rise as he develops and gets exposure
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Gmol

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3904 on: April 15, 2011, 01:24:38 pm »
The only problem I have I buying Wickam is the price and the fact we have just signed two players, in his position and the fact those players are both young themselves , andy carrol is what? 21 or something , Suarez is something like 23/24? They both are still young and both still have there prime to come, if things goes accordingly , they could be playing at the top level for 4/6 years.

Now spending 15 million ( some people are saying this price) on someone who isn't likely to play much more than Ngog, is a bit crazy. Specially for a position that is already filled with pretty you g, very good strikers that have both cost an arm and a leg.

Now if he was a young, talented wing (a position that need to be improved) then I would probably say yes. And if he was costing hmm let's say 6-8 mil then it seems like a deal.
But 15 mil on a youngster that plays in a position that has just be filled, I would say it would be bad business for both the lad and the club.

Plus we have strikers at the club like Morgan and ngoo who still haven't been given a chance. Now if he was like the next Rooney or something, I would bite there hand off but from what I have seen from him, he isn't even near rooneys level at that age.

You can never have enough Strikers at a club within reason, all of the top clubs have 3 at the very least for the past number of years we have has 1 or 2 at most. it looks like Kenny & DC have identified that David N'gog is not quality backup or doesn't suit the formation we intend to play. It would also be hard to attract a really top name striker to sit on the bench given that there is no champions league footy. Wickham is at an age where he would be happy to play a restricted number of games given that he is still very young.
Also our strategy is to identify young players before they reach their full potential. Walcott, Bale, Rooney, Ramsey all cost a lot of money but you have to pay for the potential as well.
I am happy if he signs as it signifys that we will be agressive in targetting youth players and spending big on them. I also believe that there will be a lot of money spent on the first team by that I mean 60-70 mil with up to 8 players coming in.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3905 on: April 15, 2011, 01:27:08 pm »
Wickham will cost upto £10m, probably with a few add ons.

If his name was Wickhamdinho and he was foreign everybody would back the signing and be excited, just because he's English don't write him off.

Ngog is on the cull list aswell.
Next season the plan is to have 4 strikers (for once)

carroll
suarez
kuyt
*new signing* pretty sure it's wickham
+61 ticket exchange

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3906 on: April 15, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »
Thanks, scott. Totally sensible.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3907 on: April 15, 2011, 01:32:22 pm »
Any ITK, can you please clarify if this is bollocks or not. Even though it is from goal.com, it has quotes from Defour's agent.

Liverpool make enquiry for Standard Liege star Steven Defour after Manchester United cool interest

Reds director of football Damien Comolli has been in contact with representatives of the 23-year-old Belgian midfielder as he looks to bolster the squad at Anfield this summer

Apr 15, 2011 12:00:00 PM
EXCLUSIVE
By Greg Stobart

Liverpool are weighing up a €11.5 million move for Standard Liege midfielder Steven Defour after Manchester United cooled their interest in the Belgian star. 

United have been tracking Defour for more than two years but have indicated that they are unlikely to follow up their interest with a summer bid.

The 23-year-old is set to leave his Belgian club at the end of the season and Liverpool have now emerged as one of the leading contenders for his signature.

Defour's agent, Paul Stefani, has held talks with Portuguese giants Benfica within the last month but he has also been in contact with Damien Comolli, Liverpool's director of football, about a summer move to the Premier League.

Comolli and Reds manager Kenny Dalglish want to add creativity to the Liverpool midfield next season and have identified Defour as one of their candidates.

Defour had previously been reluctant to join the Anfield club as he feared he would ruin his dream of playing for Manchester United. Mr. Ferguson took the extraordinary step of writing a letter to the player in 2009 after he suffered a long-term foot injury.

But Defour has been impressed by the direction the Merseysiders have taken since Dalglish took over from Roy Hodgson in January and a summer switch could be on the cards if Liverpool decide to make an offer.

"Liverpool are now a different club to last year," a source told Goal.com. "Defour could really thrive and achieve his goals at Liverpool - and he is the kind of player they want to sign now."

The Belgian international would fit into Liverpool's strategy of buying young and talented players under owners Fenway Sports Group and his £10m price is considered attractive by the decision-makers at the club.

Comolli has said he wants to bring “top players” to Anfield and has promised movement in the transfer market during the summer as the Reds look to build on the January signings of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/04/15/2442511/liverpool-make-enquiry-for-standard-liege-star-steven-defour

Would be absolutely boss signing if true.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3908 on: April 15, 2011, 01:33:00 pm »
Scott mate - any update on Ashley Young or the winger front?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3909 on: April 15, 2011, 01:33:17 pm »
It's a sound strategy to have, and Wickham is perhaps worth the cost, but I think what I and others are concerned about is if that's what we need right now. With Ngoo and Morgan soon coming up, Carroll (only 22) and Kuyt in the first team for a few more years at the very least, maybe 15 million an 18-year old striker isn't the smartest move we can make. I'd hate to lose out on a certain starter at LW for example, for a great prospect at centre forward (where we are pretty well off at the moment). 

Of course, I have no idea how much money we've got, and we might afford to spend considerable amounts on, say, a CB, LB, Midfielder, Leftwinger AND add Wickham, but 15 million is a lot, and I doubt that we actually could. But I trust Kenny and Comolli to get it all right, and it's far too early to have a settled opinion on who we should buy right now. No matter what though, I'd love it if we became the favoured club for young, promising playersin the future, and if we do get Wickham, that's a sure sign we're about to be just that.

I dont think it'd be an outlay of £15m.

If the fee did reach that amount it'd almost certainly be over a number of season and after apps, goals, international apps, that sort of thing. Our initial outlay will be closer to £10m or even south of that at a guess.

As for Ngoo and Morgan. Its a balancing act isnt it. Morgan is the name on everyones lips now and rightly so but he's not even 17 yet. He's only just made his reserve team debut. He's about 2-3 years away from the first team at the least id say. A lot can happen in that time. Carroll could have been moved on for example. You cant be planning for Morgan coming through in 2 years just yet, he might not even make the jump to the reserves and fall by the wayside. Same with Ngoo. Wickham could come straight in to the squad and be at least on the bench right from the off. Much like Shelvey did this season, he's got loads of experience at a lower level and we know that in that respect he can hack it.

Id sooner have too many strikers than not enough. We've seen how dangerous it can be to put all of your eggs in one basket with Torres. We had no real replacement for him, Ngog tried his hardest but there was no plan b.

Offline bushy2812

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3910 on: April 15, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »
Give it a fucking rest. Don´t believe him, but just don´t read his posts if they annoy you and make you jealous.

Jealous of what exactly?

Engage your brain and at least have a reasoned argument. I have put my case forward and made it clear what I think and why.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3911 on: April 15, 2011, 01:35:12 pm »
Next season the plan is to have 4 strikers (for once)

carroll
suarez
kuyt
*new signing* pretty sure it's wickham

I for one would be very disappointed if thats our striking options come next season.

Kuyt isnt, and never will be, a proper striker. Wickham is still just a prospect (although would love to sign him).

We really need to sign one more top class forward imo.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #3912 on: April 15, 2011, 01:35:54 pm »
Jesus they all wanna play for Liverpool now. I feel like that loser that's come into loads of money and everyone wants to be his friend.

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #3913 on: April 15, 2011, 01:36:45 pm »
In
Young
Adam
Baines/Enrique
Hazard/Sanchez
Wickham
M'Villa

(IMO another big name will arrive)

Out
Cole
Ngog
Jovanovic
Poulsen
Maxi
Aurelio
Pepe?

Young - Wouldn't spend the reported £25 Million on
Adam - Wouldn't spend more than £6 million on and even then he would be cover for the much better Gerrard
Baines/Enrique - never getting Baines
Hazard/Sanchez - I'd hope for both but until something oficial comes out, I'm not holding my breath
Wickham
M'Villa

Out

Cole - Think he'll stay as he'd be hard to shift with his wages
Ngog - Most likely back to France
Jovanovic - Anywhere but here
Poulsen - See Jovanovic
Maxi
Aurelio
Pepe? - God I hope not
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline bushy2812

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3914 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:06 pm »
Jesus they all wanna play for Liverpool now. I feel like that loser that's come into loads of money and everyone wants to be his friend.

Nice to have some positivity back into transfer dealings though isnt it?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3915 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:08 pm »
I for one would be very disappointed if thats our striking options come next season.

Kuyt isnt, and never will be, a proper striker. Wickham is still just a prospect (although would love to sign him).

We really need to sign one more top class forward imo.

Such as?

Which top class forward would be happy to come in and play second fiddle to our £55m strikeforce?

And not break the bank, seen as we've spent £55m on our attack and other areas of the pitch need addressing much more urgently.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #3916 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:55 pm »
Nice to have some positivity back into transfer dealings though isnt it?

Oh for sure  ;D

Offline superJari-37

• Main Stander
  • Springtime fresh
« Reply #3917 on: April 15, 2011, 01:39:31 pm »
What we trying to achieve with this lot?

Just saying that foreign wingers with loads of potential can turn out to be meh. Mark Gonzalez was meant to be amazin, then he came to the Premiership and was meh
Feared by men and admired by women, Brendan Blake turned from the window and petted Larry, his barely-hominoid, milk-fed gimp

Offline bushy2812

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3918 on: April 15, 2011, 01:39:56 pm »
I think that Kuyt looks better as a striker, and that is what we bought him as. Could do a good job as 3rd choice striker. Wickham if he takes off could be great, and if he stays at his current level probably wont be any worse than NGog with time to grow.

Interestingly no Pacheco in that list though, Scott is he not thought of as a 1st team squad forward?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3919 on: April 15, 2011, 01:40:12 pm »
Such as?

Which top class forward would be happy to come in and play second fiddle to our £55m strikeforce?

And not break the bank, seen as we've spent £55m on our attack and other areas of the pitch need addressing much more urgently.

I didnt say buy a top class forward ahead of other positions - it would be money permitting as I agree other areas need desperately sorting.

Im yet to hear of a top class player not moving as think they wont get in the team. And no reason we couldnt play a whole mix of three up front depending on game/formation.