Author Topic: Very, very hot crisps  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Very, very hot crisps
« on: August 31, 2020, 01:50:41 am »
We quite like a hot crisp in ours.

Those Walkers Max jalapeño and cheese ones recently being a nice addition to the hot crisp category. Branagan’s ham and mustard to blow your nose off we like too.

But this week we had to throw a share bag out for being too hot... anyone tried the new flaming hot Doritos? Fuck. I am not sure if we got a dodgy bag but they got binned. I had to get on the cold milk and everything.

Anyone had these? Think they are relatively new - got them in Tesco or Co-Op last weekend. Reading the reviews on the Tesco website, it seems many people experienced the same kind of heat! https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/305522549

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Very, very hot crisps
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:58:29 am »

Those Walkers Max jalapeño and cheese ones recently being a nice addition to the hot crisp category. Branagan’s ham and mustard to blow your nose off we like too.

But this week we had to throw a share bag out for being too hot... anyone tried the new flaming hot Doritos? Fuck. I am not sure if we got a dodgy bag but they got binned. I had to get on the cold milk and everything.

Anyone had these? Think they are relatively new - got them in Tesco or Co-Op last weekend. Reading the reviews on the Tesco website, it seems many people experienced the same kind of heat! https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/305522549

Yes, the Walkers’ Max Jalapeño and Cheese flavoured crisps are monstrous - brilliant with a beer too. They don’t half make your fingers stink though, even after scrubbing.

Flaming hot Doritos? Need to try - are they brand new?

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:40:07 am »
Mcoys now do a fiery steak, which are nice.

I do like the Branagan's beef & mustard, but their ham & pickle is the best crisp ever.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:10 am »
Really like the Walkers Max jalapeño, probably my fav over Doritos chilli heatwave now.

Not heard of the new ones but will be giving them a try. Which flavour did you try, looks like there are 3, Nacho Cheese, Tangy Cheese or Limon?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:46:10 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 08:56:18 am »
There’s another hot ridged one, spicy chicken wings I think. Again, good with a beer but I always feel a bit grim after I nail a bag to myself!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 09:57:17 am »
They were the tangy cheese ones I linked above, for sure. Didn’t realise there were other flavours... may try those for the craic!

I think they are relatively new...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 10:14:12 am »

I know what crisps I'm buying next :D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 10:21:53 am »
Yes, the Walkers’ Max Jalapeño and Cheese flavoured crisps are monstrous - brilliant with a beer too. They don’t half make your fingers stink though, even after scrubbing.

Flaming hot Doritos? Need to try - are they brand new?

One tip on getting rid of the smell from stinky fingers, wash your hands in tomato ketchup, i've done this a few times after using bleach, & getting bleach on my hands, works a treat, & no your hands don't smell of ketchup after washing them in ketchup.
#Sausages

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 11:19:34 am »
Brannigans beef and mustard are the absolute king of crisps. Used to be even better when they had them in the old fashioned wax paper bags
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 01:48:37 pm »
Are you guys telling me that you can still get Brannigans crisps? Like, where? Are they still the thick cut things?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 02:08:07 pm »
Cofresh are underrated

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 02:18:16 pm »
I once had a job where the only decent thing about it was the Real Jalapeño crisps in a vending machine.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 03:43:10 pm »
There’s another hot ridged one, spicy chicken wings I think. Again, good with a beer but I always feel a bit grim after I nail a bag to myself!

Light weight.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »
Are you guys telling me that you can still get Brannigans crisps? Like, where? Are they still the thick cut things?

Yep, proper spud slices.

I found them in B&M, 6 bags for a quid  :)

Ham & pickle are a different matter, rare as rocking horseshit.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 10:44:06 pm »
Yep, proper spud slices.

Are they in B&M too , unusual flavour

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 10:58:32 pm »
If Sir Harvest Fields had seen this thread he'd have probably bought a packet to rub on his bellend, the mad twat. He did love his chillies.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 1, 2020, 10:13:52 am »
Mcoys now do a fiery steak, which are nice.

the Mexican chilli ones are delicious but do stink!

Does anyone remember stupidly spicy crisps that were around in the 90s, I can't remember what they were called but they were named in a sort of warning to how hot they were. It's annoying me that I can't remember the name.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 1, 2020, 10:46:28 am »
Seabrooks did a range of 3 flavours called Fire Eaters a couple of years ago. Tried the middle of the 3 which were pretty hot. Not sure they’re available anymore but worth searching out if you can find them.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 1, 2020, 11:07:07 pm »

Tried some of the Tangy Cheese tonight. Definitely hotter than the average crisp. Can’t say I found them to be significantly hotter than the Walkers Max Jalapeño ones though, so maybe you did have an especially hot packet

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #19 on: September 2, 2020, 12:40:30 pm »

These are superb, and I think the fact that they're not just available everywhere only enhances their status.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 3, 2020, 08:09:54 pm »
I might try another bag then I think, if you think they aren’t so bad @duvva!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 3, 2020, 08:14:01 pm »
Tried some of the Tangy Cheese tonight. Definitely hotter than the average crisp. Can’t say I found them to be significantly hotter than the Walkers Max Jalapeño ones though, so maybe you did have an especially hot packet

I'm not the most hot resistant crisp eater, but I found the Tangy Cheese to be ridiculously hot and way worse than any other crisp. You've clearly just singed your tastebuds previously ;D

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 3, 2020, 08:21:00 pm »
In fairness I should probably add that I’m very happy eating a Phall so perhaps I’m not the best judge in this case

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #23 on: September 4, 2020, 10:59:20 am »
You can get silly spicy crisps with ghost chilli on

https://shop.paqui.com/paqui-one-chip-challenge/p/paq-650130&c=paqui@tortillachips

Massive fan of the Jalepeno or Buffalo hot sauce Snyders pretzel pieces.

Enjoy some wasabi peas when i'm at a posh pub and plan on drinking for a while

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: September 4, 2020, 11:36:26 am »
Cofresh are underrated

very true. Not seen those flavours though. Will have to go on a hunt for them.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #25 on: September 4, 2020, 12:07:55 pm »
Yep, proper spud slices.

Great heads up there. B&M is such a weird shop. They have a load of interesting cereals at high prices that you don't see elsewhere. I raid my local one for Ghost Ship IPA which they sell for 85p a can, and Tesco sells it for £1.99 a bottle. The other oddity is Thomsons tea, not cheap, but  a big malty tannic beaut that I tried, and got in to after about 4 cups. Never seen it anywhere else. I can't be doing with the over hot crisps. There's some fantastic hot sauces (Franks is my current fave) I enjoy on all sorts of stuff, but I'm no fan of pain, I dislike anything that burns on the way out.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2020, 12:09:30 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 4, 2020, 12:28:58 pm »

Massive fan of the Jalepeno or Buffalo hot sauce Snyders pretzel pieces.

Yes! They see lovely! Always get those in Tesco in the world food aisle.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #27 on: September 6, 2020, 01:31:31 pm »

They are very hot, but I like the cheese and chilli flavours and found that dipping them in hummus took the edge off somewhat.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28 on: September 8, 2020, 04:47:00 pm »
We get wasabi peas and snacks from our local asian supermarket. Real eye watering nose clearers. Love em

Shouts of branagans has brought back some memories. Loved those
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 8, 2020, 04:49:33 pm »
The chick peas one or the green peas one?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #30 on: September 8, 2020, 04:50:41 pm »
The chick peas one or the green peas one?

green pea ones. I didnt know what to expect when I first saw them. I thought dry peas ? cant, be nice. Turns out they're great
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #31 on: September 8, 2020, 09:08:41 pm »
I went to a pepsi promotional breakfast at the Aviva in Dublin a while back, have brekkie, get your pic taken with the European Cup, get a tour of the stadium, meet a pepsi football celebrity (Stephanie Roache in this case!) and they were giving out free pepsi and those Doritos flaming hot crisps.

On the way home up north, there was an accident on the motorway, and traffic was at a standstill. My brother and I thought we'd break into the Doritos. Big. Mistake. We took two or three bites, looked at each other and scrambled to find the pepsi from earlier. Still cant look at those crisps on the shelf without feeling the heat!!  ;D ;D
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #32 on: September 9, 2020, 12:20:51 am »
Great heads up there. B&M is such a weird shop. They have a load of interesting cereals at high prices that you don't see elsewhere. I raid my local one for Ghost Ship IPA which they sell for 85p a can, and Tesco sells it for £1.99 a bottle. The other oddity is Thomsons tea, not cheap, but  a big malty tannic beaut that I tried, and got in to after about 4 cups. Never seen it anywhere else. I can't be doing with the over hot crisps. There's some fantastic hot sauces (Franks is my current fave) I enjoy on all sorts of stuff, but I'm no fan of pain, I dislike anything that burns on the way out.

B&M is great as long as you have nothing specific you want to buy. They never have what you go for, but have something interesting instead.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2020, 08:19:27 am »
B&M is great as long as you have nothing specific you want to buy. They never have what you go for, but have something interesting instead.
I went for Blu Tac the other day and spent over £30. Didn’t even find the blu tac.

The jalapeño and cheese walkers are a belter, Brannagans being the classic. The “hot chicken wing” walkers aren’t anywhere near as hot but taste good.

Flaming hot Doritos are defo a no. They’re unbelievably, painfully hot (which may make them a yes for some tbf)

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2020, 12:41:59 pm »

Not crisps , but the Ship and Mitre in Liverpool used to do curried prawn crackers years ago in big fuck off bags ( probably late 90's ).

Brilliant they were , but just suddenly disappeared never to be seen again .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2020, 12:27:37 pm »

Those Walkers Max jalapeño and cheese ones recently being a nice addition to the hot crisp category.

Possibly the nicest crisps I've ever had, they seem to be £1 in big Tesco all the time as well.

Had the new hot Doritos the other day and rather liked them, dunno what the fuss is about.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2020, 05:57:28 pm »
Best pick up your Brannigans Beef and Mustard crisps soon as KP are discontinuing the brand

A KP Snacks spokesperson commented: 'We continually review our product range to make sure that it meets the demands of all our consumers and I can confirm that we have recently taken the difficult decision to discontinue Brannigans.'

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2020, 05:59:36 pm »
Possibly the nicest crisps I've ever had, they seem to be £1 in big Tesco all the time as well.

Had the new hot Doritos the other day and rather liked them, dunno what the fuss is about.

I can see why people complain about discounted junk food now. Working from home is a killer (don’t do it Sian!). I pop to Co-Op most days for bread or milk and come back with one of those giant bags of crisps for a quid, and two bars of chocolate for another quid or a big bag of milky bar buttons...”just to get me through the day”.

My heart will get me before corona does!

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2020, 06:17:48 pm »
Best pick up your Brannigans Beef and Mustard crisps soon as KP are discontinuing the brand

A KP Snacks spokesperson commented: 'We continually review our product range to make sure that it meets the demands of all our consumers and I can confirm that we have recently taken the difficult decision to discontinue Brannigans.'

Nooooooo!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2020, 09:50:24 am »
I was pretty disappointed with the recommendations in this thread, but the tangy cheese ones are actually quite hot and nice. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly