Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 3rd - 6th May  (Read 17187 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Premier League Fixtures 3rd - 6th May
« Reply #80 on: May 4, 2024, 01:26:58 pm »
It doesn't make it right

So, did you call out Jota? It's the sort of decision if you get away with it, you take. Also, Jota looks to do this a lot of the time, but it's mostly swept under the carpet by us.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: May 4, 2024, 01:27:45 pm »
So, did you call out Jota? It's the sort of decision if you get away with it, you take. Also, Jota looks to do this a lot of the time, but it's mostly swept under the carpet by us.

What difference does it make if I call it out, I'm not the ref.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #82 on: May 4, 2024, 01:28:36 pm »
I’ll apologise if I’m wrong but I thought Jota was clipped by the keeper (as opposed to Jota dragging his foot to manipulate contact). He then took a couple of steps before falling. Quite different. Again if I have it wrong then apologies.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #83 on: May 4, 2024, 01:28:59 pm »
Keown would be screaming dive if that was the other end

Can't wait for his crying last game. Arsenaltv waller he is, Embarrasing
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 4, 2024, 01:29:11 pm »
Cheating , what’s the point of VAR

Keeps the title ‘race’ going until the final day I guess

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 4, 2024, 01:29:13 pm »
It’s not cheating .. the keeper slides feet first in the path of the ball in the box so the forward won’t get to if he doesn’t leave his leg in the ref won’t give it because they’re incompetent, that’s why players go down in the first place
You’d want every single Liverpool player to go down there - and be furious if it wasn’t a pen

And while we’re here that’s a red on Saka - fucking ridiculous inconsistency

I still can't quite believe that Christie is not even on a yellow card. Horrible challenge on Saka, another wipe out later on, a shirt pull and giving the ref a load of shite as well.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 4, 2024, 01:30:39 pm »
Wow. Let’s just encourage every single player  to cheat and dive at every opportunity then shall we?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 4, 2024, 01:30:42 pm »
What difference does it make if I call it out, I'm not the ref.

What you're ignoring is the fact that the goalie did not get the ball, like Jack said he made the mistake of going on the ground I don't think Alisson would have done that.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 4, 2024, 01:30:50 pm »
Cheating , what’s the point of VAR

What a despicable side this Arsenal are. They'll say contact so it's a penalty but he deliberately left his leg hanging to try and get the contact.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #89 on: May 4, 2024, 01:32:19 pm »
What a despicable side this Arsenal are. They'll say contact so it's a penalty but he deliberately left his leg hanging to try and get the contact.

The keeper slides in feet first … it’s a penalty

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 4, 2024, 01:32:53 pm »
Pickford never bets called for it?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #91 on: May 4, 2024, 01:33:29 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 4, 2024, 01:33:45 pm »
What you're ignoring is the fact that the goalie did not get the ball, like Jack said he made the mistake of going on the ground I don't think Alisson would have done that.

The keeper also does not catch the player - the contact is manufactured by Havertz.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 4, 2024, 01:33:48 pm »
It's funny how people forget about things like this, when another teams benefits.

The keeper was stupid there, no need to go to ground, but he's deliberatley dragged his leg to initiate the contact, that's the difference. Anyone who has played the game knows he's dragged his leg, felt the contact and gone down. Watch his right leg, he's throwing that back as a part of the dive, if you're not looking to go down you plant ttat as a part of your normal stride. If he'd kept running normally and the keeper clatters him, then pen all day long.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 4, 2024, 01:34:08 pm »
Christie challenge on Saka (no card given)...

https://twitter.com/TransferSector/status/1786723578995445944 & https://twitter.com/DailyAFC/status/1786724125320294882

Christie has been so lucky this half, he's on a charmed life.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #95 on: May 4, 2024, 01:34:35 pm »

Another one deemed to be "clever play" by the comms team  ::)

Also, what was the commentator on about praising the ref for giving the penalty, like that makes any fucking difference these days when var is basically there to back up the refs anyway. Kept on and on praising the ref for doing his job!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #96 on: May 4, 2024, 01:34:47 pm »
Mac booted in the chest was no penalty.

Good process.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 4, 2024, 01:35:18 pm »
The keeper was stupid there, no need to go to ground, but he's deliberatley dragged his leg to initiate the contact, that's the difference. Anyone who has played the game knows he's dragged his leg, felt the contact and gone down. Watch his right leg, he's throwing that back as a part of the dive, if you're not looking to go down you plant ttat as a part of your normal stride. If he'd kept running normally and the keeper clatters him, then pen all day long.

It's a penalty the only way he avoids it is by winning the ball which he clearly doesn't.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 4, 2024, 01:38:11 pm »
It's a penalty the only way he avoids it is by winning the ball which he clearly doesn't.

It probably is, its the whole manufactured dive I have issue with. If he'd kept running normally and gets hit hard enough to go down I have no issue with that, but that contact does not make you go down that way, I've never been tripped and had my legs fly like that and gone full dive.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: May 4, 2024, 01:38:16 pm »
Just tuned in for the start of the second half another penalty for these c*nts I see.

Game over. Championship for me now.

Offline Resilientz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100 on: May 4, 2024, 01:38:42 pm »
Christie shouldn't even be on the field after that Saka "challenge". It's also been complete one-way traffic in Arsenal's favour, as well as that being a legitimate penalty. I don't see the complaints here honestly.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 4, 2024, 01:39:10 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 4, 2024, 01:39:59 pm »
It probably is, its the whole manufactured dive I have issue with. If he'd kept running normally and gets hit hard enough to go down I have no issue with that, but that contact does not make you go down that way, I've never been tripped and had my legs fly like that and gone full dive.

Some players are always like that. A player like Suarez for example who is still idolised on here would often exaggerate contact yet everyone seems to love players like that, when he's on your side. But when you see it in another team, all of a sudden it's very different.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 4, 2024, 01:42:22 pm »

Don't think so. Havertz deliberately left his foot there to buy the penalty.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 4, 2024, 01:43:37 pm »
Christie challenge on Saka on 12 mins (no card given)...

https://twitter.com/TransferSector/status/1786723578995445944 & https://twitter.com/DailyAFC/status/1786724125320294882

That's bad. Remember Mings doing something similar on Gakpo's torso last season and not getting a red either.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 4, 2024, 01:43:56 pm »
Some players are always like that. A player like Suarez for example who is still idolised on here would often exaggerate contact yet everyone seems to love players like that, when he's on your side. But when you see it in another team, all of a sudden it's very different.

I've never liked divers, hated that part of Ronny Rosenthals game and didn't like Suarez doing it. Refs don't help though as I remember Coutinho trying to stay on his feet at Stoke while getting fouled, missing the shot and the ref not pulling it back for a pen.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 4, 2024, 01:44:10 pm »
Havertz didn’t just exaggerate contact, he initiated the contact!

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 4, 2024, 01:45:11 pm »
Bexley & Bromley just declared, Khan wins with 54k votes to 43k for Hall.  Represents a 5% swing to Labour

North east london just declared, Khan wins with 127k votes to 37k for Hall

Bit of a landslide incoming?

Unless VAR step in?

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 4, 2024, 01:45:12 pm »
At least Saka's limp will be real this time. Gobshite.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 4, 2024, 01:45:13 pm »

How the fuck has he got away with that?

Those stupid mini shin pads don't help
Jurgen YNWA

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 4, 2024, 01:45:39 pm »
Christie shouldn't even be on the field after that Saka "challenge". It's also been complete one-way traffic in Arsenal's favour, as well as that being a legitimate penalty. I don't see the complaints here honestly.

Christie foul was a yellow for me.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 4, 2024, 01:46:35 pm »

That’s nothing compared to what he’s already suffered countless times this season tho.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 4, 2024, 01:46:45 pm »
I've never liked divers, hated that part of Ronny Rosenthals game and didn't like Suarez doing it. Refs don't help though as I remember Coutinho trying to stay on his feet at Stoke while getting fouled, missing the shot and the ref not pulling it back for a pen.

I don't disagree generally with any of that. It's a much more open game, second half.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 4, 2024, 01:48:03 pm »
Christie foul was a yellow for me.

You are forgetting about the second challenge, the shirt pull and a load of abuse at the referee. Any of those could have earned a yellow card or even worse.

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 4, 2024, 01:49:47 pm »
Coote is an amazingly bad ref.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 4, 2024, 01:51:32 pm »
Havertz didn’t just exaggerate contact, he initiated the contact!

Keeper slides in feet first in the box.. stops the attacker getting to the ball .. doesn’t actually make a play on the ball
It’s a penalty every single time
Players go down because referees give nothing if players don’t go down .. if he hurdles the keeper and tries to get to the ball he gets nothing … you’re mad if you don’t want every Liverpool player to go down there

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 4, 2024, 01:52:45 pm »
Can we take the club affinity out of the Saka one?

VAR should be completely fucked off if that isn’t a clear and obvious error
He’s got a straight leg, studs up, basically knee height  .. if it’s not a red the rules have changed

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #117 on: May 4, 2024, 01:53:30 pm »
Arsenal are gunna feel the pain come final day when city pip them to the title.

Like we have felt so many times before. Its not enough having a near perfect season… the cheats will beat you to it with 1 or 2 points.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 4, 2024, 01:54:07 pm »
Keeper slides in feet first in the box.. stops the attacker getting to the ball .. doesn’t actually make a play on the ball
It’s a penalty every single time
Players go down because referees give nothing if players don’t go down .. if he hurdles the keeper and tries to get to the ball he gets nothing … you’re mad if you don’t want every Liverpool player to go down there
I give up. That wasn’t much different to Saka against Munich. The keeper didn’t stop the cheat getting the ball and he didn’t initiate contact. This is crazy and it’s why the refs get away with what they do.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 4, 2024, 01:56:09 pm »
Why was no one in the box there for Arsenal?