Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 408996 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: General West Ham thread
« Reply #4040 on: May 6, 2024, 02:03:17 pm »
Wasn’t he at Wolves for a bit? And why did he leave? Can’t remember.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #4041 on: May 6, 2024, 02:29:27 pm »
Wasn’t he at Wolves for a bit? And why did he leave? Can’t remember.

He left Wolves just before this season began as they had no money to spend due to PSR

Offline daveypauly

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: May 6, 2024, 11:03:53 pm »
Feel bad for Moyes to be honest. Did a good job for them and delivered an amazing trophy. Whatever happens, if I was a hammers fan I would forever remember that night in Prague. That was special
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: May 6, 2024, 11:20:42 pm »
Just 3 wins in 17 league games in 2024. Dismal form no matter how you look at it. Trashed by Arsenal and Chelsea (of all teams), late collapse at Newcastle and conceding 4 in the first 30 minutes against Palace.

He did well to take them where they are at the moment. But he is not the man to take them forward, at least not for the ambitions they clearly have.

Lopetegui is an interesting appointment. I am not sure if he's a clear upgrade on Moyes though.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4045 on: May 6, 2024, 11:44:34 pm »
Feel bad for Moyes to be honest. Did a good job for them and delivered an amazing trophy. Whatever happens, if I was a hammers fan I would forever remember that night in Prague. That was special
Don't think there's much to feel bad for. It's not like he's even been properly sacked, contract was up. As far as manager's go, he's gone out on a high, in good stead for another job.

Is Loptegui the right man to take next step and play more attacking footy is the questionable decision...

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: May 7, 2024, 09:33:21 am »
Don't think there's much to feel bad for. It's not like he's even been properly sacked, contract was up. As far as manager's go, he's gone out on a high, in good stead for another job.

Is Loptegui the right man to take next step and play more attacking footy is the questionable decision...

I think they mucked him about on a new contract earlier this year and haven’t given him any job security, which has undermined his position with the squad. A section of the West Ham fanbase have also been applying pressure for West Ham to play a certain brand of football. He’s been delivering solid football and solid league finishes for them, and just been bundled out. He’s signed some absolutely cracking value players for West Ham too. Worth having a read on knees up mother brown forum - it confirmed what I was feeling. A lot of their own supporters are ashamed at their own fans and how he’s been treated, and think the spirit of the club died with the Boleyn, which I agree with. I really liked the old Boleyn ground - enjoyed the odd trip there back in the day, and always felt quite at home there.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2024, 09:36:14 am by Keith Lard »
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4