Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459251 times)

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We've been briefed to not enforce any covid breaches unless it's to mass gatherings (i.e you're silly Facebook groups set up to fight the power etc) After Boris speech it genuinely muddied the water on what people could or couldn't do. Durham or whoever would be very brave to give Cummings any PnD or summons
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The former head of the CPS seems to think it does
Link?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Considering Cummings never wanted a lockdown, he's found a nice way to end it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Come on don't be silly. If Cummings was capable of making friends then he wouldn't of had to drive 260 miles to his parents.

To be fair, I have had the same close circle of friends since I was about 5 and I’m now 38, and I wouldn’t leave my kids with any of them!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
To be fair, I have had the same close circle of friends since I was about 5 and I’m now 38, and I wouldn’t leave my kids with any of them!

It isn't about leaving your kids with people though. That would be inadvisable because there would be a real likelihood that a child from a home in which both parents were so incapacitated by coronavirus to render them unable to look after that child would have passed on the virus to that child.

A much more sensible approach would be for a friend or family member to move in and self-isolate for 14 days. That though would only be necessary if both parents became severely incapacitated at the same time. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
It isn't about leaving your kids with people though. That would be inadvisable because there would be a real likelihood that a child from a home in which both parents were so incapacitated by coronavirus to render them unable to look after that child would have passed on the virus to that child.

A much more sensible approach would be for a friend or family member to move in and self-isolate for 14 days. That though would only be necessary if both parents became severely incapacitated at the same time.
There have been a lot of human interest stories across all the news outlets during the pandemic.  I don't remember a single story where both parents of a young child have been so severely ill at the same time that they have been unable to care for their child.  Maybe it's happened and the parents haven't wanted to share their story but in a Venn diagram of "high risk individuals" and "parents of young children" there would be a very, very small overlap.

It is just such a flimsy excuse and fuck the Tories for piling in behind it.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Indeed, that seems like an obvious option that abided by the government guidelines, ensured care for the child if it was needed and that anyone driving hundreds of miles did so without having the virus.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
There have been a lot of human interest stories across all the news outlets during the pandemic.  I don't remember a single story where both parents of a young child have been so severely ill at the same time that they have been unable to care for their child.  Maybe it's happened and the parents haven't wanted to share their story but in a Venn diagram of "high risk individuals" and "parents of young children" there would be a very, very small overlap.

It is just such a flimsy excuse and fuck the Tories for piling in behind it.

Especially when this government has continually peddled the idea that the vast majority of people will have a mild illness.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Indeed, that seems like an obvious option that abided by the government guidelines, ensured care for the child if it was needed and that anyone driving hundreds of miles did so without having the virus.
So is it possible that whole confused home video by Johnson (which I seem to remember wasn't vetted by cabinet etc.) has made everything unclear enough for him now to argue in hindsight the lockdown rules were in fact only guidelines etc. where interpretation was in fact allowed.
If he knew this Cummings shitstorm was coming, then basically a whole nation watched the UK PM create a flimsy and blurred frame for a retrospective cover story for his mate.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Sorry, but if it is ok for Cummings to go to Durham for his mum’s birthday then his wife’s birthday, I’m going to visit my friends and family.

I agree completely, in principle, that two wrongs don’t make a right, but this is their doing. They have ended lockdown so Cummings doesn’t have to apologise. Weak c*nts.

That's the first I've seen or heard about birthdays. Is it common knowledge now?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well you're not doing your bit are you?  I haven't seen my 1 year old granddaughter either and I have no intention of travelling to see her, as much as it hurts.
Good for you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
That's the first I've seen or heard about birthdays. Is it common knowledge now?

Do you live in a cave with a mad squirrel and a deaf mouse?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
We can go on about Cummings until the cows come home but look at how we respond when we get a chance to get outside a bit more. Idiots
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
Unlike woodhead he didn’t fuck the pupils

:o
Was speaking to someone who knew him from teaching in the South West years ago.  Said something similar but at the time wasn't sure I believed him.
Gross.

Wiltshire was a miserable bellend who massaged his GCSE figures to make him and his school in Hackney look good.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Has there been any further information about the list of vulnerable people who were told to isolate for 12 weeks?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Has there been any further information about the list of vulnerable people who were told to isolate for 12 weeks?

Extended til at least 30th June in England (think mid-June in Scotland, Wales, and NI?) but no change in guidance otherwise.

edit: NHS site for England - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/if-youre-at-very-high-risk-from-coronavirus/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:36:13 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Extended til at least 30th June in England (think mid-June in Scotland, Wales, and NI?) but no change in guidance otherwise.
Thanks mate.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry, but if it is ok for Cummings to go to Durham for his mum’s birthday then his wife’s birthday, I’m going to visit my friends and family.

I agree completely, in principle, that two wrongs don’t make a right, but this is their doing. They have ended lockdown so Cummings doesn’t have to apologise. Weak c*nts.

Thing is, you're not 'following the rules' because Johnson told you to, or not even because it's the law. You're doing it to avoid spreading the virus, and thus keeping everyone, including your family and friends, safer.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Japan has exited its state of emergency. Its success seems to be linked to a number of factors

- Possible different strain of the virus
- More health conscious public with less obesity and pre-existing conditions
- Extensive contact tracing using thousands of nurses that have a wealth of expertise in this area
- Simplified government messaging: avoid closed spaces, close contact and crowds
- Prevalence of masks
- Greater sense of social responsibility
-  Isolation of people with pre-existing conditions

A good summary here:
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-22/did-japan-just-beat-the-virus-without-lockdowns-or-mass-testing?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
We can go on about Cummings until the cows come home but look at how we respond when we get a chance to get outside a bit more. Idiots

It isn't that simple though. That could be parents who could feel their mental health declining. This is a safeguarding issue. What would happen if both parents had simultaneous mental health breakdowns. I think they may well of followed their parents instincts in exceptional circumstances.

Those aren't people enjoying a jolly at the beach they are people protecting their families, oh and Johnson said they are stopping the spread of coronavirus.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Murray is a conspiracy nutcase, not going to give him any clicks.
clive Lewis is promoting that shite on twitter

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nowhere is open.

Except for Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Lidl, Aldi, B&M, Home Bargains, Iceland, KFC, Dunelm, B&Q, garden centres, all the local bike shops, every takeaway I can think of.......
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Its very easy to take a low shot and make it look packed, not giving any perspective. My brother lives in Bournemouth and posted a link to Bournemouth Echo and the vast majority of comments from locals who were actually on the beach and not trying to sell a picture to a red top rag, said people were obeying social distancing rules and acting very sensibly, They said that Harry Ramsdens on the front, a restaurant I know very well, was while very very busy, had all social distancing and hygiene rules in place and people were obeying them. The Tories lifted travel restrictions and asked people to distance and that is what they did.

Aldi yesterday was far worse for social distancing being ignored.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is all very region dependant now I think.

From a personal point of view, I'm in Cornwall, we've only had two deaths from covid19 here since May 4th, our one and only local hospital never reached full capacity and the South West has had the lowest numbers in the country.

We, as a family, have been going to the beach for a few weeks now, in fact I'm sat on one right now typing this. Beach is quite busy but no where near it would be on a normal  sunny May bank holiday, seems to be mainly local and everyone is at least 5 meters away from each other. Not one single person on this beach will catch Coronavirus today, and the UV and Vitamin D benefits far outweigh any risk.

We could fully come out of lockdown today and I'm convinced that a 'second spike' will not happen, we barely had a first wave. The social and economic destruction this has already caused needs to be minimised.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
We could fully come out of lockdown today and I'm convinced that a 'second spike' will not happen, we barely had a first wave. The social and economic destruction this has already caused needs to be minimised.

Over 40,000 dead In a matter of a couple of months and you think there has hardly been a first wave?

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Except for Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Lidl, Aldi, B&M, Home Bargains, Iceland, KFC, Dunelm, B&Q, garden centres, all the local bike shops, every takeaway I can think of.......

That may rock your boat but doesn't come close to describing where I like to spend my spare time on a day off.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Over 40,000 dead In a matter of a couple of months and you think there has hardly been a first wave?

As I said in the first sentence, it's very regional.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
As I said in the first sentence, it's very regional.

The SW in general has got off relatively lightly so far compared to other regions, but then there’s this from the hospital in Weston this morning:

https://twitter.com/westonnhs/status/1264830110521274368?s=21

Two weeks after the nonsense of VE Day. Be careful.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
That may rock your boat but doesn't come close to describing where I like to spend my spare time on a day off.
The golf course? 
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's been something like 14 cases in Somerset in the last 36 hours, but only a couple of them were in North Somerset (Weston). It's just that Weston General is tiny, the A and E is constantly shutting because of capacity. I wouldn't read too much into it reaching capacity. It's not an uncommon occurrence there.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
There's been something like 14 cases in Somerset in the last 36 hours, but only a couple of them were in North Somerset (Weston). It's just that Weston General is tiny, the A and E is constantly shutting because of capacity. I wouldn't read too much into it reaching capacity. It's not an uncommon occurrence there.

There has definitely been a spike though as even with a small size it hasn’t had to close like it has today. Their medical director even confirmed they have a high number of Corona cases.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
It isn't that simple though. That could be parents who could feel their mental health declining. This is a safeguarding issue. What would happen if both parents had simultaneous mental health breakdowns. I think they may well of followed their parents instincts in exceptional circumstances.

Those aren't people enjoying a jolly at the beach they are people protecting their families, oh and Johnson said they are stopping the spread of coronavirus.

Its not that complicated either is it as why would you cram the family into a car, head off to a packed beach and think that is the smartest thing to do. I know we all need to blow off a bit of steam but any sane person surely would have said kids lets avoid the beaches right now as the idiots will be out in force, the ones who probably were not social distancing anyway, the same ones who were having the parties at their flats / houses will be all over that beach. That sight is common worldwide as the beaches in Dublin, FL, etc were packed too . Its a bit like heading to the opening night of the new pub/restaurant where there will be a line out the door and anything that will go wrong will occur the first night.  Give it a miss for a week or two and venture when its safer & quieter.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Government have now said year 10 and 12 students can only come in from 15th June but must be only a quarter of the year group in at any time and you can't have two lots in for one day. So for example on a Monday you could have a quarter of year ten students in then the next day another quarter and so forth.

So teachers will have to teach those students something whilst providing for the rest at home.

That's assuming parents will actually send their child in.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Government have now said year 10 and 12 students can only come in from 15th June but must be only a quarter of the year group in at any time and you can't have two lots in for one day. So for example on a Monday you could have a quarter of year ten students in then the next day another quarter and so forth.

So teachers will have to teach those students something whilst providing for the rest at home.

That's assuming parents will actually send their child in.

So teachers now have to do twice the work they've been continuing to do throughout all this? I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
So teachers now have to do twice the work they've been continuing to do throughout all this? I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

The Government guidelines said the emphasis needs to be on the remote learning even with year 10 and 12. So what exactly are the students coming in for? To say hello to their mates for a few weeks?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Thing is, you're not 'following the rules' because Johnson told you to, or not even because it's the law. You're doing it to avoid spreading the virus, and thus keeping everyone, including your family and friends, safer.

Yeah, I won’t be changing anything, I was just pissed off.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, I won’t be changing anything, I was just pissed off.

Rightfully. One rule for us, whatever fucking they like for them.