Author Topic: Labour Thread * No Gaza *  (Read 92580 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Reply #3080 on: April 12, 2024, 01:35:10 pm »
They are now going after Rayner for breaking electoral law - being registered in the wrong constituency. ::)

If it were you or I and someone reported this to the police, nothing would happen. Literally nothing. This is a total waste of everyone’s time and they won’t bring any charges.

One thing it shows is that Angela Rayner is felt to be a real threat to the Tories, they wouldn’t bother otherwise
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3081 on: April 12, 2024, 01:39:03 pm »
If it were you or I and someone reported this to the police, nothing would happen. Literally nothing. This is a total waste of everyone’s time and they won’t bring any charges.

One thing it shows is that Angela Rayner is felt to be a real threat to the Tories, they wouldn’t bother otherwise

Absolutely. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3082 on: April 12, 2024, 01:42:26 pm »
We will once again, get constantly reminded that Johnson lost his job for eating cake and not the reality that he lost his job for being a liar.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3083 on: April 12, 2024, 01:44:10 pm »

I'm fucking fuming, GMP are too understaffed to be wasting time on shit like this - sort out the robbing little bastards first eh?
Jurgen YNWA

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #3084 on: April 12, 2024, 02:02:36 pm »

I'm not sure its honestly that much to do with Rayner herself, more the fact that she is a senior Labour figure and the Tories are so buried in sleeze that they will grab anything that helps play into the "they're all the same" narrative that people on the right love to push.

I mean its nonsense, but it won't stop them trying, they are desperate.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3085 on: April 12, 2024, 02:13:13 pm »
Dan Hodges is one of the journalists leading the attack on Rayner, Ive just discovered he is Glenda Jacksons son  :o

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #3086 on: April 12, 2024, 02:33:49 pm »
Dan Hodges is one of the journalists leading the attack on Rayner, Ive just discovered he is Glenda Jacksons son  :o

Yeah I know, that connection is pretty nuts!

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3087 on: April 12, 2024, 03:09:22 pm »

I have always assumed she accidentally dropped him on his head many times as a kid.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3088 on: April 12, 2024, 03:15:36 pm »
I'm not sure its honestly that much to do with Rayner herself, more the fact that she is a senior Labour figure and the Tories are so buried in sleeze that they will grab anything that helps play into the "they're all the same" narrative that people on the right love to push.

That's about it, it's not just the narrative the right want to push, people who should know the difference say Labour are just as bad.
It's important for Labour to hammer this point after Raynor is cleared, the whole country knew the Torys were going to get nasty and it's important the public should expect more of this over the rest of the year.  Police resources used to investigate a possible £1.500 claim which had already faced scrutiny and cleared while many Torys get away with Millions in tax evasion, not avoidance, yet a excuse of honest mistake I forgot is accepted.
We can expect more of this and the public need to be aware of it. the more the Torys try it the more they lose the respect of the country.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 04:45:03 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3089 on: April 12, 2024, 03:38:32 pm »
The chances of anything happening are minimal…
I'm not sure this police investigation into whether Angela Rayner broke electoral law will get very far.  When we found on C4 News in Stoke by-election that Ukip leader was registered at address he'd told me he'd never yet visited, Staffs police investigated & dropped the case.

And in a 1991 BBC Panorama programme we showed PM John Major had been registered in 1968 at a house the owner told me he'd never lived at - not even for one night.  Again, there was a big fuss, but no action was taken.

https://twitter.com/michaellcrick/status/1778762308606447834?s=61&t=IBM61bzNciP9yNB3C-HiEg

It’s just harassment
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3090 on: April 12, 2024, 03:46:38 pm »
I don't know if it's true but read the Mail tried to dig up some dirt, best they could get was Neighbours say they never saw her, turns out those were people who lived 2 streets from her house. you would assume they went knocking on the doors in her street first and got nothing.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #3091 on: April 12, 2024, 04:02:08 pm »
Tories holding on to these attacks before an election is about as desperate as it gets.

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #3092 on: April 12, 2024, 04:07:23 pm »

It sounds to me like classic distraction tactics probably to stop further coverage of the Wragg scandal. You get the feeling that some big names might have been caught up in that.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3093 on: April 12, 2024, 04:34:08 pm »
That's about it, it's not just the narrative the right want to push, people who should know the difference say Labour are just as bad.
It's important for Labour to hammer this point after Raynor is cleared, the whole country knew the Torys were going to get nasty and it's important the public should expect more of this over the rest of the year.  Police resources used to investigate a possible £1.500 claim which had already faced scrutiny and cleared while many Torys get away with Millions in tax avoidance, not evasion, avoidance. yet a excuse of honest mistake I forgot is accepted.
We can expect more of this and the public need to be aware of it. the more the Torys try it the more they lose the respect of the country.

Do you mean that the right way? Tax avoidence is completely legal. Pension payments are essentially tax avoiding measures.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3094 on: April 12, 2024, 04:44:00 pm »
Do you mean that the right way? Tax avoidence is completely legal. Pension payments are essentially tax avoiding measures.
:) Yep. typing away without concentrating.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3095 on: April 12, 2024, 06:47:53 pm »
The chances of anything happening are minimal…
https://twitter.com/michaellcrick/status/1778762308606447834?s=61&t=IBM61bzNciP9yNB3C-HiEg

It’s just harassment

Throwing mud to see what sticks at this point.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3096 on: April 12, 2024, 07:05:14 pm »
This Rayner issue is just this week’s ’look over there’ Tory effort.  They have absolutely zip to offer to the electorate, beyond ongoing misery.

And here’s the latest Tory quitter

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/graham-stuart-quits-energy-minister-tory-mp/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68797259
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:09:27 pm by TSC »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3097 on: April 12, 2024, 08:26:52 pm »
Fucking vile lot.
:D

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3098 on: April 12, 2024, 10:17:04 pm »
The hypocrisy is staggering. Jeremy H*nt owns so many properties he can’t remember how many. But it’s all hidden behind a blind trust so the public have no way of knowing what he’s doing with his tax affairs. A single mum sells a council house for a gain that is pocket change for these c*nts and it’s a police matter. They have clearly leaned on the police here which is an abuse of power.

They tried the same trick with Starmer over lockdown breaches and got nowhere. It’s all about stemming the tide of bad news for a few days. I’d like to see Labour throwing the kitchen sink at this lot.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3099 on: April 12, 2024, 10:25:49 pm »
Desperate stuff.

It never changes, though.  Labour have always been held to different standards and have to jump through numerous hoops.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: April 12, 2024, 10:28:26 pm »
The hypocrisy is staggering. Jeremy H*nt owns so many properties he can’t remember how many. But it’s all hidden behind a blind trust so the public have no way of knowing what he’s doing with his tax affairs. A single mum sells a council house for a gain that is pocket change for these c*nts and it’s a police matter. They have clearly leaned on the police here which is an abuse of power.

They tried the same trick with Starmer over lockdown breaches and got nowhere. It’s all about stemming the tide of bad news for a few days. I’d like to see Labour throwing the kitchen sink at this lot.

Grant Shapps or whatever he calls himself these days welcomes investigation into Rayner.

https://www.itn.co.uk/news/shapps-welcomes-police-investigation-rayner

I wonder why

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/labour-grant-shapps-probe-tory-sleaze-scandal-boris-johnson-b966225.html

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: April 13, 2024, 07:12:08 am »
Won’t somebody please spare a thought for petrified billionaires and millionaires:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/13/uk-non-doms-uk-labour-tax-plans

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: April 13, 2024, 07:51:57 am »

Exactly £1.5 vs £1.5bil+ of Tory illegal shit, like Mone.

Tory’s are in total dead cat mode but failing miserably.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3103 on: April 17, 2024, 02:47:12 pm »
That was a good response from Starmer today. Keep highlighting the staggering, unearned wealth and the tax evasion of the Prime Minister (and other leading Tories). They hate Angela Rayner precisely because she is working class. And smart. And threatening to them. Starmer should keep on pointing all these things out because it gets them where it hurts.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3104 on: April 17, 2024, 03:33:38 pm »
A dozen detectives for a Tory dead cat story.
The GMP are as rotten as the MET.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3105 on: April 24, 2024, 10:30:09 am »
Two huge figures in Labour politics died earlier this week - Frank Field, local MP, Child Poverty Action Group director, briefly a Minister under Blair and an independent and maverick thinker all his life.

And David Marquand, the social-democratic intellectual. Wrote one of the greatest political biographies of the last 100 years (on Ramsay MacDonald) and several other books on British and European history and politics which still stand tall (The Progressive Dilemma and The Unprincipled Society particularly).

https://labourlist.org/2024/04/frank-field-david-marquand-tributes-paid-death-funeral/
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3106 on: April 24, 2024, 10:31:55 am »
Arguably deserves its own thread but I'll put it here.  Very sad news, albeit not unexpected given his recent health issues.

Former Labour minister Frank Field dies aged 81

Former Labour minister and crossbench peer Frank Field has died aged 81, his family has announced.

"He will be mourned by admirers across politics but above all he will be greatly missed by those lucky enough to have enjoyed his laughter and friendship," a statement said.

Lord Field spent 40 years as MP for Birkenhead and was a leading voice on welfare reform for much of his career.

RIP Frank.  Apparently he was my MP when I was born before we moved saaarf.  Tainted his reputation more recently - primarily his stance on Brexit for me - but did and campaigned for a lot of good over his lifetime.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 10:34:35 am by thaddeus »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3107 on: April 24, 2024, 12:55:36 pm »
Angela Rayner just murdered Oliver Dowden at PMQs. 

Total destruction. Very funny.
W

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3108 on: April 24, 2024, 01:01:27 pm »

Could be worse, my dad called me Half-Pint when I was little  :)
Politics UK
@PolitlcsUK
🚨 NEW: Angela Rayner says the Tories ditched their biggest election winner - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson - and replaced him with a "pint size loser" #PMQs
               Emily Maitlis

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: April 24, 2024, 01:12:22 pm »
  Could be worse, my dad called me Half-Pint when I was little  :)
Politics UK
@PolitlcsUK
🚨 NEW: Angela Rayner says the Tories ditched their biggest election winner - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson - and replaced him with a "pint size loser" #PMQs
I'm glad to see the Tory smear campaign has done nothing to dull her fire!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: April 24, 2024, 01:13:43 pm »
Two huge figures in Labour politics died earlier this week - Frank Field, local MP, Child Poverty Action Group director, briefly a Minister under Blair and an independent and maverick thinker all his life.
Yep, RIP both.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #3111 on: April 24, 2024, 01:19:04 pm »
Arguably deserves its own thread but I'll put it here.  Very sad news, albeit not unexpected given his recent health issues.

RIP Frank.  Apparently he was my MP when I was born before we moved saaarf.  Tainted his reputation more recently - primarily his stance on Brexit for me - but did and campaigned for a lot of good over his lifetime.

Was also my MP and personally intervened after my wife was denied a visa to the UK in 2008. 

RIP
Believer

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3112 on: April 24, 2024, 02:26:44 pm »
I'm glad to see the Tory smear campaign has done nothing to dull her fire!
Nahh, I think she just laughed at the Torys rather than being upset, Dowden looked a mini-me of Sunak. a forced smile to give the impression he's enjoying giving Labour a good kicking, he's not very good at it. he looks completely out of his comfort zone.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3113 on: April 24, 2024, 10:42:11 pm »
Labour starting to show some cards

Promise to fully nationalise rail in 5 years

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3114 on: April 24, 2024, 10:57:34 pm »

Yep saw that on Newsnight. Good stuff and a proper pledge that.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3115 on: April 24, 2024, 11:02:22 pm »

Great stuff. They need 2 or 3 terms - please for let it happen

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3116 on: April 24, 2024, 11:04:54 pm »

I thought the one-two punch was great - she really set Dowden up, knowing he'd go after her TOTAL NON STORY issue floating about, as if the Tory treasurer himself doesn't have links to Putin

Just in case anybody thought that allegation had a shred of legitimacy, Politico reprinted this from Private Eye

What Angie will be reading: The report in Private Eye about Greater Manchester Police chief Stephen Watson (the bloke who re-opened the probe into Rayner’s housing arrangements) speaking at a Conservative conference event in 2023. The mag notes Watson has since been talked up by Conservative backbencher James Daly (the bloke who made the police complaint about Angie to the Manchester force) as a possible future Met boss.

Bloated, corrupt, and in Tory pockets....  if he's a racist too he will be perfect for the Met

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: April 25, 2024, 07:19:58 am »
Great news about Labour's pledge to re-nationalise the railways!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/24/labours-plans-for-great-british-railway-all-but-set-up-by-tory-government

This is one renationalisation that even an ultra-cautious Labour had to embrace: voters like it, there is no upfront outlay, and the Conservative government has already done most of the work to get there.

The rail plans announced by shadow transport secretary, Louise Haigh, will confirm the longstanding Labour policy of taking national rail operations back into public ownership as contracts expire. Now, though, that appears to be an imminent reality, as all contracts are expected to lapse within four years of the coming election.

The industry is largely already in public hands; Network Rail has been on the state’s books since 2014, and four major English networks are being run by the Department for Transport’s own operator of last resort.

The success of the likes of LNER – run by the same management as the collapsed Virgin East Coast, but on behalf of the taxpayer – suggests there will be little for passengers to fear.

Ownership aside, Labour’s plans for a separate arm’s-length body to run the railway are very much on the track laid out by the Conservatives – underlined by the endorsement of Keith Williams, who drew up essentially the same scheme for Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and Grant Shapps.

Notably, it is the first time Labour has publicly embraced their Great British Railways by the same name. The echoes of British Rail appeared to make the Tories alarmed at their own plans, and subsequent ministerial refettling to ensure a prime role for private operators ran, Labour argues, against its logic.

The problems identified by Williams included the fragmentation, waste and bureaucracy that beset privatised rail. Teams from track and train and government vied over roles, and legions of lawyers tried to establish which part of the railway bore responsibility for delays and compensation.

The Tories claimed GBR would save £1.5bn annually, and removing the additional “friction costs” of private sector involvement could cut another £700m, Haigh claims.

Full renationalisation might arguably include the rolling stock companies, or roscos, to ensure that Britain owns the trains rather than simply leases them – especially given the dividends that have exceeded the “profits leaking out to private operators” cited by Labour.

But that comes with expenditure that the party could not countenance in an election campaign. Instead, Labour have made clear that the roscos are onside.

It will also allow private “open access” train services, such as Lumo or Hull Trains, to continue, illustrating again that this renationalisation remains more pragmatic than dogmatic.

Beyond addressing rail’s ownership and structure, Labour’s plan contains one or two eye-catching proposals that give substance to the rhetorical flourish beloved of industry leaders and politicians of every stripe, to “put the passenger first”.

Guaranteeing a best-priced fare looks a solid principle to hasten the end of the confusing, multiple ticketing options that still trip passengers up. And a new Passenger Standards Authority, combining and streamlining the functions of the Office of Rail and Road and the Transport Focus watchdog, should have more teeth with which to hold the industry to account.

Labour will still have to deal with rail’s immediate crises, of falling commuter revenues and toxic industrial relations. If Aslef’s enthusiasm can translate into a deal to end strikes that the government admits have cost billions, it could give Labour a flying start.

For most who work on or use the trains, six years since reform was announced, arriving at a Great British Railways of any hue can’t come soon enough.

Obviously still a lot to do. Ideally, we want the whole system, from rolling stock to track, to be reintegrated. But as per the bold bit, that's out of the country's price range as yet. And clearly the ticketing system needs to be streamlined and simplified - and hopefully we might see a real terms price reduction inside of ten years.

I follow some rail bloggers on YT, and one using Spanish trains remarked that standard class in Spain was almost as good as first class in the UK - and only 18 Euros. What commuters are paying in the UK is a bad joke, especially when you consider the quality of service people are getting.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3118 on: April 25, 2024, 09:50:59 am »
Here’s the plan

https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/GETTING-BRITAIN-MOVING-Labours-Plan-to-Fix-Britains-Railways.pdf

I would suggest that it will be a vote winner with nearly anyone who has to use a train
W

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #3119 on: April 25, 2024, 09:56:30 am »
What commuters are paying in the UK is a bad joke, especially when you consider the quality of service people are getting.

Wouldn't mind paying what we're paying at the moment if the money actually went back into improving the railways rather than into an executives pocket!