Author Topic: World Cup: football & teams discussion, plus in-game comments (no flooding!)  (Read 361395 times)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Re: World Cup: football & teams discussion, plus in-game comments (no flooding!)
« Reply #9920 on: December 10, 2022, 01:30:42 am »
Fernandez hits the post
This Enzo Fernandez kid looks like he's going to be a monster. Are we in for him? Will probably end up at Madrid, sadly.  :'(

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Re: World Cup: football & teams discussion, plus in-game comments (no flooding!)
« Reply #9921 on: December 10, 2022, 01:39:55 am »
Ah fuck
Great save to be fair
Oh no

Oh, jeez. Sorry Virgil. Didn't know he missed a pen. He went for the same corner where he jipped Kepa in the cup final. Martinez would have known he shoots that side. Should've switched, but oh well. Let's hope Dutch fans aren't as rabid and unforgiving as the English.

Come home, Virgil, and hug it out with Kloppo.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9922 on: December 10, 2022, 01:45:24 am »
Kind of half hoping for a England Argentina final for the drama, but at the same time, f*ck that. Don't want England getting a shot at glory (it's the Irish/Scotch in me  ;D). Get Hendo and Trent back with the team.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9923 on: December 10, 2022, 02:40:15 am »
You add Messi's comments about the ref which of course go unsactioned.

He's right in that the ref shouldn't officiate again at the WC, but he must blind to not think so much of it favoured Argentina. It's like he wanted a signed Messi shirt, a selfie and a Christmas card

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9924 on: December 10, 2022, 03:19:20 am »
Antonio Mateu Lahoz was the ref in the 2018 CL return leg against City at the Etihad which we won 2-1, and the 2019 QF first leg against Porto which we won 2-0, so I have a bit of a soft spot for him lol. Massive drama queen
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9925 on: December 10, 2022, 03:50:27 am »
If anybody else plays that ball for Argentina’s first goal it’s the best assist of their entire career. Messi probably has a dozen better ones. The best ever. By a mile.

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #9926 on: December 10, 2022, 04:22:47 am »
This Enzo Fernandez kid looks like he's going to be a monster. Are we in for him? Will probably end up at Madrid, sadly.  :'(

Please do everything you can to get me to Liverpool. He is the closest thing to Steven Gerrard that has ever existed.
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #9927 on: December 10, 2022, 06:46:07 am »
Couldn’t care less.

The absolute state of anyone watching or being interested in this corrupt murderous shite of a competition.

Shame on you pricks whoever and wherever you are.

Why are you even posting on this thread which is about the World Cup games if you despise it so much. Strange.

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9928 on: December 10, 2022, 08:00:25 am »
Couldn’t care less.

The absolute state of anyone watching or being interested in this corrupt murderous shite of a competition.

Bit rude, been on the sauce?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9929 on: December 10, 2022, 08:34:54 am »
Person in couldn't care less but obviously caring enough to post shocker.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #9930 on: December 10, 2022, 08:45:01 am »
Big game tonight and I don’t think there’s a lot between England ad France. Mbappe is obviously the best player and if he plays well then France win. However England have the midfield and forwards to win.

Whoever wins will fancy their chances of going all the way.
#JFT97

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9931 on: December 10, 2022, 08:56:04 am »
Couldn’t care less.

Why are you on here posting then? What gives you the right to call a people on here who are just watching football pricks? Your custom title certainly checks out. Fuck off back to the rock you crawled out of.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #9933 on: December 10, 2022, 09:58:21 am »
I'd rather England won it than Argentina any day of the week. If that was the final I'll be draped in St. George's Cross and happily knock a tooth out to look more apt and be ready to punch someone in the face. All after about 8 pints of ale of course. The Argentinians are insufferable.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9934 on: December 10, 2022, 09:58:56 am »
Couldn’t care less.
You must live a wonderfully clean and admirable life, your day to day standards of living must be exceptional for you to judge anyone who dares watch a few footy matches. You've probably never even driven over 30 miles an hour have you? What a remarkably human-being, give yourself a pat on the back.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 11:35:52 am by John C(hrimbo. Changed by Jimbo. See?) »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9935 on: December 10, 2022, 10:03:22 am »
https://twitter.com/YlDavs/status/1601465849805959170?t=QD79gwhSvuoRp88kufrIzw&s=19

There was needle going on all game between the two sides. I absolutely loved it and I also loved the shithousing from the Argies after they won it. I'd have done the same thing. We constantly go on about football being watered down and too sanitised but when stuff like this happens people are clutching their pearls.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline EastTyroneRed

• Got an issue? Here's a tissue. Or a sock. I use either...
  • Main Stander
« Reply #9936 on: December 10, 2022, 10:32:03 am »
Couldn’t care less.

Oh no.

Am i cancelled?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:50:44 am by EastTyroneRed »

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9937 on: December 10, 2022, 10:32:10 am »
Couldn’t care less.

It should be fairly obvious in 2022 that individual protest is worthless. Especially if it amounts to looking away when the tele happens to be on. Grow up.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9938 on: December 10, 2022, 11:08:08 am »
If anybody else plays that ball for Argentina’s first goal it’s the best assist of their entire career. Messi probably has a dozen better ones. The best ever. By a mile.

How many posters have you got of him  ;)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9939 on: December 10, 2022, 11:13:09 am »
How many posters have you got of him  ;)

Not as many as I have of Nadal.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9940 on: December 10, 2022, 11:15:04 am »

And yet you always get the "If that was Messi you'd never hear the end of it" when a player makes a good pass/scores a good goal.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9941 on: December 10, 2022, 11:29:11 am »
Not as many as I have of Nadal.
And he’s losing the battle for wall space with Ben Duckett/Babar Azam.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #9942 on: December 10, 2022, 11:30:34 am »
You must live a wonderfully clean and admirable life, your day to day standards of living must be exceptional for you to judge anyone who dares watch a few footy matches. You've probably never even driven over 30 miles have you? What a remarkably human-being, give yourself a pat on the back.

His Custom Title tells you everything you need to know.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9943 on: December 10, 2022, 11:33:20 am »
Couldn’t care less.

Piss off you smug patronizing gobshite
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9944 on: December 10, 2022, 11:40:54 am »
I'd rather England won it than Argentina any day of the week. If that was the final I'll be draped in St. George's Cross and happily knock a tooth out to look more apt and be ready to punch someone in the face. All after about 8 pints of ale of course. The Argentinians are insufferable.

Yeah, also fancy the young kids playing football around England to be able to look up to Bellingham, Henderson and Trent, Foden etc as winners, as World Champions.

Hope Hendo has a great night tonight, which can also inspire the rest of the season for him, as well as signing off from young Jude with a "See you soon at Kirby, young man"
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9945 on: December 10, 2022, 11:58:35 am »
i am probably in the minority but i kinda liked World Cup during winter time.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9946 on: December 10, 2022, 12:31:49 pm »
I don't fit in the try-hard anyone but England crowd but I do find it quite difficult to get into their games until the knockouts come. Looking forward to tonight though, and anyone who doesn't want to see our captain drive England to a world cup is mad. After last night I think I could get fully into an England Argentina final. Mouth watering that would be!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9947 on: December 10, 2022, 12:35:40 pm »
I don't fit in the try-hard anyone but England crowd but I do find it quite difficult to get into their games until the knockouts come. Looking forward to tonight though, and anyone who doesn't want to see our captain drive England to a world cup is mad. After last night I think I could get fully into an England Argentina final. Mouth watering that would be!

A good chance of that being the final now. You just wonder if that Portugal-Argentina narrative can be avoided though.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9948 on: December 10, 2022, 12:40:23 pm »
Couldn’t care less.

Suppose people like you won't watch other sports as well because the Likes of F1, Boxing etc are now being staged in these countries too and maybe corrupt too. At the same time us Brits are squeaky clean.. and we do have own problems and issues to some degree.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9949 on: December 10, 2022, 12:43:56 pm »
Oh, jeez. Sorry Virgil. Didn't know he missed a pen. He went for the same corner where he jipped Kepa in the cup final. Martinez would have known he shoots that side. Should've switched, but oh well. Let's hope Dutch fans aren't as rabid and unforgiving as the English.

Come home, Virgil, and hug it out with Kloppo.

It wasn't a bad penalty but from the moment he ran up and took it you knew it was going to the keepers right.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9950 on: December 10, 2022, 12:52:30 pm »

The guy has been an absolute monster for Benfica this season indeed. They are on something like 30 games unbeaten and him and Rafa have been the MVP imo.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9951 on: December 10, 2022, 01:03:18 pm »
Suppose people like you won't watch other sports as well because the Likes of F1, Boxing etc are now being staged in these countries too and maybe corrupt too. At the same time us Brits are squeaky clean.. and we do have own problems and issues to some degree.

I wonder how many watching have been to UAE like a certain poster has?

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9952 on: December 10, 2022, 01:26:04 pm »
Couldn’t care less.

The sponsors, media, teams and tv coverage won’t boycott it. What difference will Joe Bloggs switching off his tv make?

Most people in here will watch , but not agree with it, purely for a love of football. If you don’t like it, don’t post about it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9953 on: December 10, 2022, 01:52:33 pm »
Not watching it, but hoping for France 5 - Brexitshitheads 0
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9954 on: December 10, 2022, 01:53:57 pm »
Couldn’t care less.

I also couldn't care less and I'm also not watching it.

But that's my personal decision. I wouldn't have a go at anyone else watching it; missus and some of my friends are.

They can do what they want to do. Not going to get into an argument with them or call them twats.

Go and have a horlicks and a packet of Rollos mate :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9955 on: December 10, 2022, 01:55:37 pm »

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9956 on: December 10, 2022, 01:56:41 pm »
Morocco defence without Mazraoui and Aguerd which is a big blow for them. Ronaldo and Cancelo on the bench for Portugal. Ruben Neves in for William Carvalho in their only change from Switzerland game.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9957 on: December 10, 2022, 01:56:58 pm »

Vs

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9958 on: December 10, 2022, 01:58:07 pm »
Why does Argentina-Netherlands matches always have tension? Do they have a sort of rivalry or something? Because I only recall their match where Bergkamp scored and they were eliminated. Am I missing something here?

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9959 on: December 10, 2022, 01:59:41 pm »
Why does Argentina-Netherlands matches always have tension? Do they have a sort of rivalry or something? Because I only recall their match where Bergkamp scored and they were eliminated. Am I missing something here?

2014 semi final Argentina won on pens. Van Gaal seemed to stoke the fire before the game in winding up the Argies with comments he'd made.