Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2792741 times)

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #27480 on: June 25, 2022, 08:02:49 am »
Hahaha, Football Twitter hailing City as a really well-run club that everyone should aspire to because they've bought Kalvin Phillips and will continue spending. :lmao What a collection of clueless fucking brainwashed by sportswashingwhoppers.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27481 on: June 25, 2022, 08:07:40 am »
They're such geniuses,became biggest club in the world by revenue in a short time and signed Haaland at the same price they sold Jesus.

It's like magic really.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27482 on: June 25, 2022, 08:17:04 am »
They're such geniuses,became biggest club in the world by revenue in a short time and signed Haaland at the same price they sold Jesus.

It's like magic really.
Their accountants certainly are magicians.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #27483 on: June 25, 2022, 08:18:07 am »
Sometimes I feel like, as a fanbase, we are Frank Grimes and Man City are Homer Simpson. Everyone else are the general brain-dead football fans of this country.

That’s probably unfair on Homer though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #27484 on: June 25, 2022, 08:21:52 am »
The rest of the country simply isn't arsed as long as they stop us from winning stuff. Doesn't matter that there is blatant cheating going on. They all know it's going on. It's as simple as that.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27485 on: June 25, 2022, 08:38:28 am »
They're such geniuses,became biggest club in the world by revenue

on holiday in Rhodes recently you could buy the shirts of all the top teams in Europe from the knock off stalls.
Even Man Utd ( all with Ronaldo on the back )
 even our new wishy washy away shirt

not a City shirt anywhere on the island

« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 08:40:54 am by oldman »

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27486 on: June 25, 2022, 08:55:49 am »
Can’t stand Gabriel Jesus. Think it’s the eyebrows.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27487 on: June 25, 2022, 08:58:17 am »
The rest of the country simply isn't arsed as long as they stop us from winning stuff. Doesn't matter that there is blatant cheating going on. They all know it's going on. It's as simple as that.
I just don’t get it. Are we really so hated that people are happy to see the game and league itself ruined by cheats just to stop us legitimately winning trophies?

This country is a disgrace.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27488 on: June 25, 2022, 09:13:41 am »

Just another miserable c*nt really.

I actually think it's the manager, none of the players ever look happy. When we score or even miss you'll see a smile. When De Brunye scores, Silva, Jesus, sterling etc they just look pissed off.

Maybe it's a Brazilian thing but then I look at our Brazilian lads and they are always smiling. Must just be Jesus and Richarlison are the exception.

Lucio always looked a bit or a nark mind you, maybe they could get him on the coaching staff.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27489 on: June 25, 2022, 09:18:13 am »
Lucio had Mexican gunslinger vibes.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #27490 on: June 25, 2022, 09:19:50 am »
I just don’t get it. Are we really so hated that people are happy to see the game and league itself ruined by cheats just to stop us legitimately winning trophies?

YES

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27491 on: June 25, 2022, 09:22:20 am »

It's the Man United fans i laugh at the most. I can't imagine Everton winning all those trophies and being happy just because it stopped United winning stuff and yet that's exactly how they feel about City. Bizarre take and a sign of how small time they have become.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #27492 on: June 25, 2022, 04:22:44 pm »
Are we sure Gundogan is coming back next season? Could have sworn he said he was done and wanted to go back to Germany but now I can’t find the quotes. Some of the transfer podcasts are talking the same way. If that’s true then they’re just one Rodri injury away from being screwed so in that light, plus the HG quota, the Phillips signing makes sense.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27493 on: June 25, 2022, 04:47:08 pm »

It's down to jealousy. Sadly, we live in a country that is steeped in jealousy and envy. A country that relishes and lauds failure as somehow glorious, whilst sniping at winners. It's the English way.

They see us as outsiders because we don't embrace their archaic, toxic ways. We work hard to win and, when we do, we celebrate it the way it should be celebrated. With fun and humour. Those outside of it hate seeing it. They wish it was them but, because it isn't, they pour scorn instead.

Personally, I'm happy to be disliked by those people. I don't want their approval or their respect, because I don't respect them or their negative, insular outlook.

If we win, they hurt. That's good enough for me. Not because I like other people hurting as such, but because I believe people should reap what they sow.

Abu Dhabi? Well they have no identity, they don't know how to celebrate and enjoy anything. They get about a thousand miserable faces at their parades and their trophies and parades are forgotten about the next day. No one really notices them or cares. In contrast, we are not only noticed, but actively obsessed over by most of the country. We live in the heads of most of English football. We are hot topic all year round. Our success hurts the bitter, the small-minded, the envious, the jealous and those who hate real winners in life. Sadly, this country is choc-full of such sour people. It's ingrained into the English psyche. Therefore, a club like ours, with a fanbase like ours, will attract the ire of that kind of person.

I learned years ago that in life it's better to be disliked for what you are, than be liked for something you're not. So, I say fuck the rest, and their self-harming fetish for seeing sportswashers killing the game they say they love. We are who and what we are. We celebrate what we win, and when we win we win legitimately. Abu Dhabi can say none of those things. The bitter, the sour, the envious and the jealous can just get on being consumed by their own bile and negativity.  :wave
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 04:52:39 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27494 on: June 25, 2022, 04:51:17 pm »
It's the Man United fans i laugh at the most. I can't imagine Everton winning all those trophies and being happy just because it stopped United winning stuff and yet that's exactly how they feel about City. Bizarre take and a sign of how small time they have become.
Never be kidded by Man United fans. Regardless of how big the perception of their club might be, their fanbase has always been really smalltime.

The Busby and Ferguson eras were wasted on most of them.

For such a supposedly massive club, you'd be hard pushed to find a more smalltime mentality. I'm 59, and I've never known them to be any different in my lifetime. Their club may have grown, but the mentality of most of the fanbase never did.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 04:56:00 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27495 on: June 25, 2022, 05:17:05 pm »
He looks like Sweep

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #27496 on: June 25, 2022, 05:21:45 pm »

He is a living sad face emoji 😔

He looks like Sweep

That's an insult to Sweep.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27497 on: June 25, 2022, 05:23:45 pm »
That's an insult to Sweep.
It certainly is.

Sweep is ace.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27498 on: June 25, 2022, 05:40:58 pm »
it's the weird and creepy high cheekbones that protude from his face.

they scare the shit out of me - like they will just rip through his skin at some point.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27499 on: June 25, 2022, 06:45:41 pm »
it's the weird and creepy high cheekbones that protude from his face.

they scare the shit out of me - like they will just rip through his skin at some point.
Always looks like he’s about to burst out crying.

Maybe he will change if he signs for a proper club and doesn’t have to tussle with the knowledge he is condoning the horrific human rights abuse of Abu Dhabi.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27500 on: June 25, 2022, 06:54:39 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27501 on: June 25, 2022, 08:19:20 pm »
Surely these cheats are now getting close to having a complete squad full of £40m+ signings?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27502 on: June 25, 2022, 09:54:06 pm »
Surely these cheats are now getting close to having a complete squad full of £40m+ signings?

I honestly don't know how Ped manages to compete. Man's a genius.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27503 on: June 25, 2022, 11:07:04 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/charles-accepted-1m-cash-in-suitcase-from-sheikh-j2pgnfsgx

Yet people think that English referees are not accepting any "gifts" ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #27504 on: June 26, 2022, 12:59:35 am »
Their bench will cost more than half the teams in the league. And that's just the official reported figure.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #27505 on: June 26, 2022, 01:10:16 am »
Sometimes I feel like, as a fanbase, we are Frank Grimes and Man City are Homer Simpson. Everyone else are the general brain-dead football fans of this country.

That’s probably unfair on Homer though.
Grimey wasn’t likeable though.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27506 on: June 26, 2022, 01:23:10 am »
Are we sure Gundogan is coming back next season? Could have sworn he said he was done and wanted to go back to Germany but now I can’t find the quotes. Some of the transfer podcasts are talking the same way. If that’s true then they’re just one Rodri injury away from being screwed so in that light, plus the HG quota, the Phillips signing makes sense.
I think he spoke out once upon a time about some thing called "human rights" or something, can't see that going down well with the Abu Dhabi PR Sportswash hierarchy.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27507 on: June 26, 2022, 06:42:25 am »
If Sterling is leaving, Wilfried Bony may finally get some time.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #27508 on: June 26, 2022, 07:33:39 am »

It’s the permanent sulk expression, I know the lad probably was born that way, but…
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27509 on: June 26, 2022, 09:23:50 am »
Grimey wasn’t likeable though.
Neither are we judging from the rest of the country’s reaction to us.

It’s typical anti-scouse sentiment. I’ve had it in non-football walks of life loads of times even though mine is a diluted accent. It’s a form of micro-discrimination. I used to work for a well-known betting company and there was a discussion about where the next monthly meeting should be held, as it rotated around the country. A director on more than £250k a year said to the group, of me, ‘we won’t have it in his back yard or we won’t be able to drive away after the meeting.’

There’s a lot of bigotry throughout this increasingly horrible country towards Scousers.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 09:25:25 am by Drinks Sangria »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27510 on: June 26, 2022, 06:53:34 pm »

It’s typical anti-scouse sentiment. I’ve had it in non-football walks of life loads of times even though mine is a diluted accent. It’s a form of micro-discrimination. I used to work for a well-known betting company and there was a discussion about where the next monthly meeting should be held, as it rotated around the country. A director on more than £250k a year said to the group, of me, ‘we won’t have it in his back yard or we won’t be able to drive away after the meeting.’

There’s a lot of bigotry throughout this increasingly horrible country towards Scousers.

I've had shit like that said to me at work by directors too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #27511 on: June 26, 2022, 08:41:12 pm »

I've had shit like that said to me at work by directors too.
I once played/entertained a bar in Alvor on the Algarve and the boss who was Portuguese tried this one on me. Whilst the majority of the punters laughed, as he told them that I was from Merseyside and to watch their handbags/wallets, etc.. I had a quiet word with him after my gig and told him there was my old job in Vilamoura and they were asking me to come back there. As I was packing his bar out, night after night, he decided to drop the bigotry and stereotype nonsense from then on.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #27512 on: June 27, 2022, 06:23:31 am »
I've just seen the graphic that City earns the highest income in world football. Not 3rd, or 5th, they are number 1. More than Real Madrid or Barcelona. They earned more Liverpool despite all sponsorship deals, going further in every competition, appearing in more games and a higher average attendance in games.

At this point who even cares?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #27513 on: June 27, 2022, 08:42:41 am »
Wonder if they will let him play in his favourite shoes

Looks like he lost his PE kit and had to play in Hagrid's
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27514 on: June 27, 2022, 08:44:04 am »
I've just seen the graphic that City earns the highest income in world football. Not 3rd, or 5th, they are number 1. More than Real Madrid or Barcelona. They earned more Liverpool despite all sponsorship deals, going further in every competition, appearing in more games and a higher average attendance in games.

At this point who even cares?

Could be stopped by banning sponsorships that are in anyway connected to club ownership, but I suppose that's too easy.

No doubt City would find a way around it regardless, but it would be a good start.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27515 on: June 27, 2022, 08:46:02 am »
Could be stopped by banning sponsorships that are in anyway connected to club ownership, but I suppose that's too easy.

No doubt City would find a way around it regardless, but it would be a good start.
Banning nation states from owning clubs would be a start

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27516 on: June 27, 2022, 08:46:04 am »
Wonder if they will let him play in his favourite shoes

:lmao

What is it with footballers and these crazy styles??
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27517 on: June 27, 2022, 09:21:30 am »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/charles-accepted-1m-cash-in-suitcase-from-sheikh-j2pgnfsgx

Yet people think that English referees are not accepting any "gifts" ;D

I don't think its a radical position to assume that referees (or any given person) have more integrity that the British royalty.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27518 on: June 27, 2022, 09:38:16 am »
Banning nation states from owning clubs would be a start

Nah, it wouldn't work. Look at how the Premier League, with a straight face, accepted the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia was separate from the government of Saudi Arabia.

If they ban states, you'll just get state owned companies buying clubs. And besides, the horse has already bolted on this anyway.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27519 on: June 27, 2022, 09:57:24 am »
Nah, it wouldn't work. Look at how the Premier League, with a straight face, accepted the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia was separate from the government of Saudi Arabia.

If they ban states, you'll just get state owned companies buying clubs. And besides, the horse has already bolted on this anyway.
Yeah my comment was a bit tongue in cheek. Everyone knows Saudi own Newcastle and Abu Dhabi own Man City. What I meant really was to have a proper ban on nation states owning clubs- meaning any links to a nation state and the takeover is not allowed to go through. It would need to be applied retrospectively too, enforcing the sale of any state owned clubs. It’s either that or the game is dead anyway. With the way the PL is going I really don’t see myself being a football fan in 5 years time. I have absolutely no interest in a game where despicable regimes, or any countries for that matter, own the football clubs. I’m already losing interest in the game , despite us having the best team we have had in decades. , I grew up watching our great sides of the 70’s and 80’s, endured the relative lean times and love watching the team we have now. I just don’t see the point when clubs are owned by countries tho and are nothing more than sportswashing projects.