Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3465162 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47480 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:12 pm »
Think that's a bit of a generalised and assumptive view of Brazil to be fair. The healthcare is not on a par to the UK but to say that the government is twisting numbers, they don't have means to carry out tests, and that is why really the UK has better numbers does not add up for me. But let's even say it's true and they don't have covid tests to check if a person has it before they die, the USA who is ran by a complete lunatic and idiots running around everywhere is still fairing better that us Brits. Find it hard to see why and how we have got it so wrong.

Sorry mate but I was understanding that temperatures do not make a difference to the spread?

I wasnt talking about Brazil specifically to be honest, nor am I trying to paint the UK governments handling in any kind of positive way, more then anything I am using my knowledge and experiences of India (where my parents are from) to draw some generalisations. India has 150k dead officially, so that’s twice what we have but with about 20 times the population. They had one lockdown at the beginning of the pandemic, lasted 6-8 weeks, no subsequent lockdowns, mask wearing and social distancing is sporadic at best (my nephew got married a couple of weeks ago, 500 guests and about 5 of them in a mask), and at the beginning of the pandemic my home state had something like 50 ventilators for a population of 30 million people and that’s one of the smaller wealthier states, there’s also been a few media investigations that have found medical staff under pressure not to put Covid on the death certificates. Now going by all of that, despite all the cock ups by our government, somethings not right there. Either the Indian approach has just proven what all the nut jobs over here have been saying and the whole thing is just a hoax, or something is going on with the numbers or something else equally strange.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47481 on: January 14, 2021, 09:57:27 pm »
It’s certain, testing sites have been told already

Source please otherwise it's unsubstantiated nonsense.

#Sausages

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47482 on: January 14, 2021, 10:00:43 pm »
Brazil will of course have a lot more deaths as they have a population of 200m plus. Yet per 1m population UK is far far ahead, (UK 1,245 Per m / Brazil 966 per m)

Could it be down to the people in the UK, the anti-maskers, the 'your not telling me what to do' brigade, covid deniers, conspiracy nuts, selfish fucks, 'I'm alright jacks', self-righteous, is there so many more people in the UK with really shit attitudes like this? Maybe it isn't that at all and is a lot more nuanced but if we think our government is better than Brazils or Americas then I don't really know what else it can be.

UK government is useless too.  I see Steve Baker is out today writing to Tory MPs about relaxing measures or in his words ‘restoring our freedom’.  Populist far right regimes eh.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #47483 on: January 14, 2021, 10:04:26 pm »
It is somewhat seasonal. Brazil were relatively unscathed when US/Europe were battered in Feb-April as it was their summer. Then when their winter kicked in Covid exploded there and somewhat tapered off in Europe, relatively speaking. Then as soon as the winter season started it exploded again.

However, the seasons do vary state to state.
I think the impact of summer on human behaviour affects the d spread of the virus more than it directly impacts the virus itself.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline John Higgins

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47484 on: January 14, 2021, 10:05:05 pm »
If not be surprised to see things tightened but a 6pm curfew makes zero sense.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47485 on: January 14, 2021, 10:06:18 pm »
UK government is useless too.  I see Steve Baker is out today writing to Tory MPs about relaxing measures or in his words ‘restoring our freedom’.  Populist far right regimes eh.

I saw that earlier too, but the article was referencing the S*n so I didn’t pay too much attention to it.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47486 on: January 14, 2021, 10:08:13 pm »
I'm sure BBC just said over 1200 deaths today.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47487 on: January 14, 2021, 10:09:23 pm »
2.9 million doses, 300,000 today according to the BBC
Thinking is overrated.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47488 on: January 14, 2021, 10:16:21 pm »
What’s the point of a curfew if they want to vaccinate 24/7?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47489 on: January 14, 2021, 10:17:15 pm »
I saw that earlier too, but the article was referencing the S*n so I didn’t pay too much attention to it.

Reported in a few newspapers and reported on sky & bbc news earlier.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47490 on: January 14, 2021, 10:36:23 pm »
I'm sure BBC just said over 1200 deaths today.

1,248 deaths and 48,262 new cases.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47491 on: January 14, 2021, 10:38:31 pm »
Curfew makes no sense, it would just condense people into shops during a much smaller window which is no good for anyone.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47492 on: January 14, 2021, 10:49:52 pm »

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:55:50 pm by filopastry »

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47493 on: January 14, 2021, 10:50:52 pm »
I wasnt talking about Brazil specifically to be honest, nor am I trying to paint the UK governments handling in any kind of positive way, more then anything I am using my knowledge and experiences of India (where my parents are from) to draw some generalisations. India has 150k dead officially, so that’s twice what we have but with about 20 times the population. They had one lockdown at the beginning of the pandemic, lasted 6-8 weeks, no subsequent lockdowns, mask wearing and social distancing is sporadic at best (my nephew got married a couple of weeks ago, 500 guests and about 5 of them in a mask), and at the beginning of the pandemic my home state had something like 50 ventilators for a population of 30 million people and that’s one of the smaller wealthier states, there’s also been a few media investigations that have found medical staff under pressure not to put Covid on the death certificates. Now going by all of that, despite all the cock ups by our government, somethings not right there. Either the Indian approach has just proven what all the nut jobs over here have been saying and the whole thing is just a hoax, or something is going on with the numbers or something else equally strange.

It looks like something strange is going on. It's an important case study that needs careful consideration before just saying it's a cover up. Lots of poor and rural population won't have same access to health care but cities are bursting at the seams and public hospitals are often full usually anyway. Be interested if anyone has come across good articles examining th e pandemic situation there
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47494 on: January 14, 2021, 10:55:52 pm »
Curfew makes no sense, it would just condense people into shops during a much smaller window which is no good for anyone.

To be honest best ignored at the moment, new member, low post count, posting something that hasn't been verified by reliable sources, i'm wary of the i've been told verbally by someone shit. 
#Sausages

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47495 on: January 14, 2021, 11:01:05 pm »
Daily hospital admissions for England seem to have plateaued for the most recent dates with data available - around 3,500 for Jan 4th and 3,500 for the most recent data on Jan 10th. That's encouraging as it's here that we'll see the first real sign of any improvement for those working so hard in the health care system. Hopefully we see this continue and drop sharply.

The total in hospital in UK is continuing to rise to the most recent date of data, Jan 12th. We can't really expect this to peak and begin to fall until we see it first in the daily admissions numbers above. If we are now seeing that (at least for England), then it may begin to drop by the end of the week. Not fast enough for those working in the hospitals of course, but the first signs in the numbers that things might be about to improve.

This hasn’t panned out then. We now have 2 extra days of admissions data for England and it’s back up to above 4,000.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47496 on: January 14, 2021, 11:02:39 pm »
To be honest best ignored at the moment, new member, low post count, posting something that hasn't been verified by reliable sources, i'm wary of the i've been told verbally by someone shit.

He’s been registered nearly 16 years  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #47497 on: January 14, 2021, 11:09:24 pm »
He’s been registered nearly 16 years  ;D

Fuckin hell didn't see that. :-[ ;D

But yep i'm suspicious of members, posting i've heard this or i've heard that ecc, without confirming it from a reliable source, it's bad enough on the transfer threads, but when something more serious like this i take it with a pinch of salt. unless it's confirmed by a reliable source
#Sausages

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47498 on: January 14, 2021, 11:24:01 pm »
This hasn’t panned out then. We now have 2 extra days of admissions data for England and it’s back up to above 4,000.

At best short term trend this week shows new case numbers levelling.  May be couple of weeks to see deaths drop.  Think there were a few consecutive days last week where new cases were 60k+.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47499 on: January 14, 2021, 11:36:23 pm »
How do you know this?

A mate works at one, that’s what they were informed of today.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47500 on: January 15, 2021, 12:16:17 am »
Can somebody help me - what is the company who was given the responsibility for track and trace?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47501 on: January 15, 2021, 12:25:37 am »
Can somebody help me - what is the company who was given the responsibility for track and trace?

Woolworths.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47502 on: January 15, 2021, 12:44:24 am »
Woolworths.

I'm being serious mate, I'm wanting to bring all the facts of what this government have done and bring them to account.

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47503 on: January 15, 2021, 12:45:15 am »
Can anyone who has information on where our tax payers money has been spent for COVID by this government please message me....i'm going to set up a website explaining this.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47504 on: January 15, 2021, 12:45:53 am »

I'm being serious mate, I'm wanting to bring all the facts of what this government have done and bring them to account.

Pretty sure its Serco

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47505 on: January 15, 2021, 12:55:22 am »
Can anyone who has information on where our tax payers money has been spent for COVID by this government please message me....i'm going to set up a website explaining this.

I’d probably find better sources than RAWK for the info mate if you’re going to publish it  ;D

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47506 on: January 15, 2021, 01:02:41 am »
Documents published by the Treasury show that the UK government has so far spent £10bn (€11.2bn; $12.7bn) on its much derided covid-19 test and trace programme. Private companies such as Serco, Sitel, and Capita are among those awarded contracts to run the programme.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3037

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan

Offline A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47508 on: January 15, 2021, 01:04:50 am »
Can anyone with more information please message me, i'm determined to put a factual website together to share this info

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47510 on: January 15, 2021, 08:42:17 am »
6pm curfew on its way next

Really.

I how will that be enforced? And how when vaccine centres are under pressure to open 24/7 does that make sense.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47511 on: January 15, 2021, 08:49:37 am »

And would result in more people needing to go to the shop more regularly as takeaways would be rendered pretty much obsolete.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47512 on: January 15, 2021, 09:36:25 am »

I can see it making sense but I do wonder what compliance levels look like - the proponents of it would say it is intended to make life easier for the police by making enforcement more simple, because anyone outside their home needs a reasonable excuse to be there outside of those hours.

In a broader sense if there is legs in implementing a curfew then you'd have to believe it's a response to particular transgressions and is intended to desperately force the R-value down, likely in cities.  The idea that anyone is going to be policing a curfew in a village somewhere, or that dog walkers won't decide their evening stroll is going to be disrupted seems fanciful.

Still some incredibly high rates of transmission in some boroughs of London as of data ending last week so perhaps their thinking is 'what else can we do'.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47513 on: January 15, 2021, 09:49:52 am »
Maybe a ten Pm curfew,  6pm does not make
Sense

I shop at night and go for a run too

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47514 on: January 15, 2021, 09:54:46 am »
I highly doubt there will be a curfew, especially a 6pm one.  It's nonsense.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47515 on: January 15, 2021, 09:55:07 am »
What’s the point of a curfew if they want to vaccinate 24/7?

Think the 24/7 thing is more news media than anything else, and initially I thought the same - lets go for it all guns blazing.

But in terms of practicalities remember you're dealing with older people, we're only seeing the first 14.4m people at this stage and that's the over 70 group and the clinically vulnerable.  Asking that lot to tip up at 3am in the middle of a freezing cold winter night is just asking for issues.

- Gritting road runs on its own schedule and getting to a regional vaccination hub might involve a fair drive.  Probably not best to do this at 1 in the morning.
- Waiting should be done in open air if possible.  Less ideal having old people stood outside in the cold at night time.
- Volunteers need training and it's probably easier to have a regular group of volunteers turn up during the 7-7 timeslot then go home
- Car park management.  You're dealing with old people so again, grit the car parks, don't hit anyone when you're driving around with your windows steamed up.
- Security: old people are extremely security conscious, so getting them out of the house after dark might be an ask, nevermind driving somewhere new.
- Logistics and availability:  the big one, once these centres are open do we have enough stock to keep up with the demand to run 24/7

Overall I'd say it's worth doing a vaccination centre trial and run 24/7 to see the practicalities of it, but this seems like something which the 16-50 age group would be all over but perhaps the more senior lot just aren't quite as able to turn up in the middle of the night to get a jab, particularly in rural areas.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47516 on: January 15, 2021, 09:56:25 am »
Maybe a ten Pm curfew,  6pm does not make
Sense

I shop at night and go for a run too

Aye. Not everyone works 9-5. My mate works phones for the council and can do shifts 8 till 4 or 2 till 10 and in between.

If you go to Tesco at 8pm, and you're stopped, how do you price it? Anybody can carry a few plastic bags around with them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline le_boss

• Main Stander
« Reply #47517 on: January 15, 2021, 09:56:38 am »
What happens if we vaccinate half the population by May only for another variant to appear much different to the original strain?  Are we back to square one with those people needing re-vaccinated.

I ask as covid-19 seems to be able to mutate significantly

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47518 on: January 15, 2021, 09:59:59 am »
What happens if we vaccinate half the population by May only for another variant to appear much different to the original strain?  Are we back to square one with those people needing re-vaccinated.

I ask as covid-19 seems to be able to mutate significantly

I wouldn't worry about that unless it happens. No need to borrow trouble and fret about hypotheticals.

As I understand it, it's rare for a virus to mutate into a more dangerous form? The new strains are more virulent and seem just as deadly though, so maybe I'm wrong.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #47519 on: January 15, 2021, 10:07:16 am »
Can anyone with more information please message me, i'm determined to put a factual website together to share this info
Hi

The Public Accounts Committee website may be a good place to start. They have done a number of inquiries about Government spending during the pandemic.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/