Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 985314 times)

Offline WanderlustRed

• Not Really Caring That Much For 25 Years & Counting. Definitely not a fawnicator.
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #7120 on: October 20, 2022, 05:40:50 am »
Their hope will be Jurgen will get so fed up with the treatment he's getting in the media over here that he'll just end up walking away. They'll be after him even more now he's forced a news outlet to take one of their articles down.

Just like they did with Suarez and the stitch-up re: Evra.

Online Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #7121 on: October 20, 2022, 07:22:01 am »
They aren't Qataris, so they don't matter.

Seriously. That's their worldview. Even if they're Muslim (quite a few immigrants to Qatar are from the 1/4ish Muslim Filipino island of Mindanao), doesn't matter.

I'm sure they'll treat the football fans well bc they're making a ton of money off them and want to promote tourism in the country.

There are no working-class Qataris. That's not a thing. The immigrants *are* the working class.

Aye Mate I know the craic.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #7122 on: October 20, 2022, 07:52:04 am »
Just like they did with Suarez and the stitch-up re: Evra.

And like they did with Rafa.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7123 on: October 20, 2022, 08:42:37 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AALMyOpezAw

Love this interview from Phillipe Auclair rightly calling out the the hypocrite eddie howe.

Offline danscib

• Main Stander
  • Igor in the changing room
« Reply #7124 on: October 20, 2022, 09:51:22 am »
Their hope will be Jurgen will get so fed up with the treatment he's getting in the media over here that he'll just end up walking away. They'll be after him even more now he's forced a news outlet to take one of their articles down.

That's great news an article's been taken down - which one was it? Sorry if already been said in here. That BBC one was a disgrace, and as a supposedly public broadcaster dangerous.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7125 on: October 20, 2022, 10:00:17 am »
Exactly, we have to remember there are two issues at play here:
- Sportwashing to cover up thing like human rights abuses
- clubs with unlimited funds that distort the game

Klopp was very clear that he was talking about the 2nd issue.

Sportwashing is a moral issue and whilst we think it is abhorrent, it is not the subject Jurgen should ever lead in (at least not in a press conference).

Also, he has mentioned Chelsea before, think it was after they splashed out in 2020. Again, they are not relevant when discussing clubs with unlimited funds anymore. They may spend but its all on credit, same as Forest.

Don't let City muddy the waters, stick to the facts of what was said when you find yourself having to stick up for him.

This is a great post and it ought to be pinned to the top of any thread about financial doping or sportswashing. I've become so annoyed and tired of people confusing the issues.

City are the ultimate exponents of both sportswashing and financial doping, but people should never confuse them or think they're the same thing. City themselves have tried to confuse the two things in order to smear Klopp (who they correctly identify as the biggest threat to their dominance), but we should always keep sight of the difference, whilst treating both issues as equally serious.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7126 on: October 20, 2022, 10:31:58 am »

Love this interview from Phillipe Auclair rightly calling out the the hypocrite eddie howe.

Absolutely bang on. Everyone should watch this. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #7127 on: October 20, 2022, 10:47:57 am »

If only more of our sports journalist had the passion, intelligence and guts to speak as truthfully and eloquently as Auclair.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7128 on: October 20, 2022, 11:29:40 am »
This is a great post and it ought to be pinned to the top of any thread about financial doping or sportswashing. I've become so annoyed and tired of people confusing the issues.

City are the ultimate exponents of both sportswashing and financial doping, but people should never confuse them or think they're the same thing. City themselves have tried to confuse the two things in order to smear Klopp (who they correctly identify as the biggest threat to their dominance), but we should always keep sight of the difference, whilst treating both issues as equally serious.

One form The Times isn't it? Either the "borderline xenophobic" comment.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7129 on: October 20, 2022, 12:21:52 pm »

Thanks for posting. Great stuff as usual from Auclair. “You are a midget compared to this man” - what a quote.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #7130 on: October 20, 2022, 12:44:42 pm »

This was great. Especially the last few minutes. He really nailed Howe and was appropriately emotional as he did so.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7131 on: October 20, 2022, 12:45:25 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AALMyOpezAw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AALMyOpezAw</a>

Superb stuff - and sums what many of us feel too.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7132 on: October 20, 2022, 12:46:06 pm »

awesome! he fucking crushed Eddie Howe.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7133 on: October 20, 2022, 02:07:13 pm »

Auclair's quality, he always elevates the Guardian Football Weekly podcast when they get him on. He's got no time whatsoever for the state-owned clubs.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7134 on: October 20, 2022, 02:32:37 pm »
Superb stuff - and sums what many of us feel too.

He is fantastic, tells it like it is.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #7135 on: October 20, 2022, 03:29:45 pm »
Superb that. Thanks for sharing as I’ve never seen or heard of him before.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7136 on: October 20, 2022, 09:05:19 pm »
Their chairman Khaldoon made the same accusations against the head of La Liga a couple of years back.
He had also complained about teams without financial limits owned by states with petrol backing.

It's their knee jerk reaction. They've got plenty of people working to make sure the propaganda maintains the brand, either via deals to get positive exposure, or threats to go to court. And not that many would go to court when they know the other fellas has limitless cash , if even they're innocent.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7137 on: October 20, 2022, 09:30:09 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKnjTG32DmI

Marcotti taking city to task on the way they operate with respect to putting out stories. Great take from marcotti.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #7138 on: October 20, 2022, 09:31:50 pm »

Brilliant, powerful, eloquent words there from Auclair. Absolutely nails it in terms of that horrible, utterly horrible regime. Howe should be ashamed of himself for his comments. Someone should send this to him, or mention it at one of his upcoming press conferences. Something along the lines of ..."So Eddie, how does it feel to be called a slave of this oppressive regime. How do you feel about being called a midget metaphorically speaking". Of course it'll never happen, but I just wish someone had the balls to call this out at a conference, preferably a conference away from St James Park

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7139 on: October 20, 2022, 09:35:11 pm »
Auclair's quality, he always elevates the Guardian Football Weekly podcast when they get him on. He's got no time whatsoever for the state-owned clubs.

He was pretty regular when james richardson was there. OTB sports is giving some great content with auclair, honigstein , vickery and few others. Very insightful and detailed analysis on lots of things.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #7140 on: October 20, 2022, 10:06:43 pm »
Eddie Howe you are a midget….. says it all for me.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7141 on: October 20, 2022, 10:12:46 pm »
I fucking Love our boss...he is a great fella and who wouldn't want a pint with him , just to talk about life, not even football.

He is the best thing to happen to us in a generation and even if we don't win another thing under him it has been a privilege and an inspiration to have him as our manager.

If anyone besmirches him then they are   mine, yours , our enemy and there is no need to rationalise this, there is no need to debate it...Fuck them.

Being  a Scouser and a Red of 62 years I have had to put up with so much bigoted shit ..attacks on our city , the fight for Truth and recently the lies of Paris.....we have had this deflection propaganda thrown at us before and if City think they and their sychophantic media will get away these false accusations they are misguided ...like the British and French Establishment they picked on the wrong people...and Klopp is us.

Pep was right,This is Anfield.

Fuck em all!

Amen

In 40+ years of supporting Liverpool he is my biggest hero.  Long may he reign.

We are lucky to have him and he is lucky to have us

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7142 on: October 20, 2022, 10:54:33 pm »

As has been said... everyone should watch this. Some should maybe watch it more than once.

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #7143 on: October 20, 2022, 11:22:03 pm »

Thanks for sharing, that is the kind of analysis and intelligence I would love to see on our screens, alas we never will in this country. The general fan in the UK is enamored by the musings and wisdom of Danny Murphy and Micah Richards. TalkSport sums up the football IQ of this nation.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7144 on: October 20, 2022, 11:54:47 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKnjTG32DmI

Marcotti taking city to task on the way they operate with respect to putting out stories. Great take from marcotti.

Exfuckingactly

Online Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #7145 on: October 21, 2022, 12:04:12 am »
Amen

In 40+ years of supporting Liverpool he is my biggest hero.  Long may he reign.

We are lucky to have him and he is lucky to have us

Steady on man!  ;D

I love Jurgen, but while King Kenny walks the earth, Jurgen is my second biggest hero of the last 40 years. Long May he reign once he’s elected the new king.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7146 on: October 21, 2022, 12:08:06 am »
I am so annoyed about this I can hardly speak.

But we really are being played for fools... all of us. I say 'we' in the broadest sense as this goes far beyond the support of one club. The bullshit, the LIES, the no apology from France or UEFA for the behaviour of their police and government... these layers of tripe we have to wade thru, and then an easy as you like change of dialogue with a click of fingers, and suddenly... fuck these bastards.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7147 on: October 21, 2022, 12:12:19 am »
Probably been put up...

"It was first raised by club chair Khaldoon al Mubarak at the end of the 2018-19 season. He at the very least made the comments publicly, when responding to Liga president Javier Tebas’s comments on state-owned clubs, although they were no less wrong.

“There’s something deeply wrong in bringing ethnicity into the conversation,” Khaldoon said. “This is just ugly. The way he is combining teams because of ethnicity, I find that very disturbing to be honest.”

Tebas had not of course brought in ethnicity. He had merely mentioned “state-run clubs” and “petrol money and gas money”."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jurgen-klopp-man-city-liverpool-b2205082.html

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #7148 on: October 21, 2022, 12:16:05 am »
Thanks for sharing, that is the kind of analysis and intelligence I would love to see on our screens, alas we never will in this country. The general fan in the UK is enamored by the musings and wisdom of Danny Murphy and Micah Richards. TalkSport sums up the football IQ of this nation.
Couldn’t agree more. A real discussion about the actual issue, not some deflection where they focus on irrelevance and try to fan the flames of their fake agenda driven stories.
Refreshing and unfortunately not something we’ll ever see on our screens due to the corrupt links and invested interests of our broadcasters
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 12:18:12 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7149 on: October 21, 2022, 12:17:20 am »
What was it that Suella Braverman said the other day?

“I’m afraid it’s the Labour Party, it’s the Lib Dems, it’s the Coalition of chaos, it’s the Guardian-reading, Tofu-eating, wokerati - dare I say the anti-growth coalition that we have to thank for the disruption we are seeing on our roads today!”

She is the queen of a counter culture algorithmic cult - she will be found out... and so will you.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #7150 on: October 21, 2022, 12:19:41 am »
What was it that Suella Braverman said the other day?

“I’m afraid it’s the Labour Party, it’s the Lib Dems, it’s the Coalition of chaos, it’s the Guardian-reading, Tofu-eating, wokerati - dare I say the anti-growth coalition that we have to thank for the disruption we are seeing on our roads today!”

She is the queen of a counter culture algorithmic cult - she will be found out... and so will you.
I think you spelt cult wrong if you’re talking about her :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #7151 on: October 21, 2022, 12:34:09 am »

I can see the headlines.   Howe vigorously defends the ownership of Newcastle until he was summoned to the Saudi embassy in Instanbul to "discuss" some poor results at NUFC.

At which stage he promptly resigns as manager of NUFC..............
Klopp that!

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #7152 on: October 21, 2022, 12:38:51 am »
Probably been put up...

"It was first raised by club chair Khaldoon al Mubarak at the end of the 2018-19 season. He at the very least made the comments publicly, when responding to Liga president Javier Tebas’s comments on state-owned clubs, although they were no less wrong.

“There’s something deeply wrong in bringing ethnicity into the conversation,” Khaldoon said. “This is just ugly. The way he is combining teams because of ethnicity, I find that very disturbing to be honest.”

Tebas had not of course brought in ethnicity. He had merely mentioned “state-run clubs” and “petrol money and gas money”."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jurgen-klopp-man-city-liverpool-b2205082.html

It is quite disturbing how much City fans have bought into propaganda.   They honestly believe their owner is just a private businessman who out of the goodness of his heart invested money in CFG because he is a smart businessman and wanted to make a profit.

When you point out that the majority of their income is linked to businesses wholly or partially owned by Abu Dhabi investment fund and that their owner is the prime minister of UAE they shrug that fact off as meaningless.

MCFC is clearly a publicity exercise for Abu Dhabi.   There's so few City fans that actually accept it they border on a cult. 

And any time oil money / Abu Dhabi state money is raised they cry racism.   

Unfortunately in our lifetimes oil money will always sustain these human rights abusing sportswashing arseholes.  Without it they wouldn't be anywhere near football clubs. 
Klopp that!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7153 on: October 21, 2022, 10:05:32 am »
I wish Gab named the Journos, we blatantly know who they are but naming them would have been great.

This claim by Abu Dhabi FC just backfired, now everyone knows who their paid up Schills are from their ridiculous articles of servitude the last week or so, they should also be banned from Anfield.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7154 on: October 21, 2022, 10:19:23 am »
I wish Gab named the Journos, we blatantly know who they are but naming them would have been great.

This claim by Abu Dhabi FC just backfired, now everyone knows who their paid up Schills are from their ridiculous articles of servitude the last week or so, they should also be banned from Anfield.

Are you talking about that Cockney Sasquatch from the Daily Mail?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7155 on: October 21, 2022, 11:43:46 am »
The funny thing is, that all the talk of being ‘anti-Arab’ stems from people’s disgust at how these despots treat… Arabs.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7156 on: October 21, 2022, 12:56:48 pm »
He's the main one and showed his servitude to Abu Dhabi when he was on Sunday Supplement 3 Sundays in a row when the De Spiegel articles came out those weeks, and his article the other day probably got him a lifetime supply of Baklava, because he can't eat a Villa or Yacht.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7157 on: October 21, 2022, 12:59:43 pm »

You mean Martin Samuel? His son works at City.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7158 on: October 21, 2022, 01:04:22 pm »

Depressingly though I think it extends well beyond him. Simon Stone at BBC has had plenty to say over the last few days, for example.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7159 on: October 21, 2022, 01:14:13 pm »

He'll deffo be one of them.