Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2900206 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23160 on: June 20, 2022, 10:34:57 am »
If he moved to City he'd destroy his LFC legacy in one fell swoop...

Same as going to the Saudis
Jurgen YNWA

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #23161 on: June 20, 2022, 11:52:21 am »
There's not a singular chance he goes to Newcastle. The idea of it is just laughable. There's no guarantee they even finish in the top 10 this year. City I could see but even that's unlikely IMO.

A lot of it depends on next season though. If he has a proper dip it probably means a couple interested might look elsewhere. There's PSG, Juve and the Spanish clubs who I'd say all stand a chance. Even Chelsea might.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23162 on: June 20, 2022, 01:06:34 pm »
If you are working outside your home country. Spain for example and you get an offer to do the same job at Paris for much more money you won't accept it ? especially since you only got 4 or 5 years before retiring? maybe you won't but most people will. You are not going to hell you are going to a similar working environment and even if it didn't work out you will get your money.

Also if its PSG who are after him it's not about salary alone. They will offer him a contract at Bein , his family members will get job contracts, shares at companies , properties and all sort of things you can't imagine. That's how countries funded clubs work.

Anyhow we don't even know what his demands are. Let's wait and see what happens.

If we're going to use the real world on wages and jobs, in what world does an employee say their leaving if they dont get a payrise (twice anybodys at the company) and then stay for another year.
The minute a company and other employees knew you were going, the whole dynamic would change.
I fully expect the dynamic to change for Salah (If his average performances continue)
Will the fans be as patient, we have the best fans in the world but will they have the same loyalty as before.

People saying he could earn more money elsewhere, it's not apples for apples. You may do a job in your local village next to family and friends and your offered double the money to move thousands of miles away.
You would have to way up the value of  the other things, you wouldt demand you village employer meet the wages (knowing they won't pay)
You can keep saying it's just business, but not for me it isn't.

There's no financial reward for us it's all emotional, bollocks to all the "it's a contract crap" (I'm pissed)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 01:09:52 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23163 on: June 20, 2022, 01:09:35 pm »

For our and his sake I hope he does not have a serious dip in form next year. In a way we are partly covered for that now (unlike a couple of years ago) but he isn't. That's the risk he takes, that no-one wants him that badly and he ends up taking a wage cut and joining Fiorentina or someone like that.

Owen ran his contract down and lost his pace around the same time, he never regained his status really.

Even if Salah had a season in which he only scored like 5 goals there would still be plenty of big clubs out there willing to take him on a free and pay him a fortune thinking it was just a one off bad season. He’d have to be poor for 2 or 3 seasons before his options became limited I think.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #23164 on: June 20, 2022, 01:10:44 pm »
There's not a singular chance he goes to Newcastle. The idea of it is just laughable. There's no guarantee they even finish in the top 10 this year. City I could see but even that's unlikely IMO.

A lot of it depends on next season though. If he has a proper dip it probably means a couple interested might look elsewhere. There's PSG, Juve and the Spanish clubs who I'd say all stand a chance. Even Chelsea might.

I did wonder about Chelsea, returning to the club that originally rejected him. Whether they can afford him now is a different matter the old guard are being cleared out of the club now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23165 on: June 20, 2022, 01:22:28 pm »

I think it's clear that clubs interested in sportswashing will pay him massive amounts of money. I'm not sure why Newcastle will have no chance, they're liable to put up massive amounts of money if they don't manage to sign any big stars this summer. I am willing to wager too that his agent has probably already made contact with them, or the likes of PSG / City.

Again, I think the theatrics indicates to me that he really does want to stay, but we are probably not budging from the wage structure. I think his contract talks will come down to the wire.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23166 on: June 20, 2022, 01:25:00 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if Saudi challenged for the top 4 spots to be honest. Chelsea are no guarantees for it. Arsenal, Spurs and United aren't either.

Only Liverpool and City got more points than them in the second half of the season. They had 2 more than Spurs, 4 more than Arsenal, 5 more than Chelsea and 14 more than United.

If they did get top 4 next season, there's no reason whatsoever Salah wouldn't join them. 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #23167 on: June 20, 2022, 01:26:48 pm »

not really that laughable.

A lot can happen in a year, and 3 more windows. Newcastle got their shit together 2nd half of last season. We know they can spend what they want, and if they sign well, then they absolutely can and should be pushing for Europe this season.  I would think there more chance of that as them fininshing out of the top 10.

Would Salah go there though, not sure, But it’s not a decision that needs making now, but never discount it IF money is his major motivation, and if are in Europe, and will obviously continue to strengthen, then why not.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #23168 on: June 20, 2022, 01:38:10 pm »
The main risk for him with no contract signed is obviously a big injury.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #23169 on: June 20, 2022, 08:44:20 pm »
not really that laughable.

A lot can happen in a year, and 3 more windows. Newcastle got their shit together 2nd half of last season. We know they can spend what they want, and if they sign well, then they absolutely can and should be pushing for Europe this season.  I would think there more chance of that as them fininshing out of the top 10.

Would Salah go there though, not sure, But it’s not a decision that needs making now, but never discount it IF money is his major motivation, and if are in Europe, and will obviously continue to strengthen, then why not.
Salah wants the Ballon D'Or. Do you seriously think that he will win it at Newcastle?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23170 on: June 21, 2022, 11:03:05 am »
so  Salah is going to wait out and play to end of his contract (which is his right)

what happens if someone comes in for him and offers LFC a decent fee for Salah - and what would a decent fee look like?>

Are there any theories on how far apart we were when contract negotiations broke down ?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23171 on: June 21, 2022, 11:19:16 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if Saudi challenged for the top 4 spots to be honest. Chelsea are no guarantees for it. Arsenal, Spurs and United aren't either.

Only Liverpool and City got more points than them in the second half of the season. They had 2 more than Spurs, 4 more than Arsenal, 5 more than Chelsea and 14 more than United.

If they did get top 4 next season, there's no reason whatsoever Salah wouldn't join them.

Once they'd picked up a couple of wins and were safe from relegation, they were playing without fear but were still hugely motivated due to the takeover and new manager. It will feel a lot different for them come the start of the season when the pressure is ramped up and they're coming up against teams that want to win just as much. I think they'll finish top 10 but nowhere close to the top 4 or even 6.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23172 on: June 21, 2022, 11:21:59 am »
Salah to Newcastle, hahaha some of you lot  ;D

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23173 on: June 21, 2022, 11:33:55 am »
Once they'd picked up a couple of wins and were safe from relegation, they were playing without fear but were still hugely motivated due to the takeover and new manager. It will feel a lot different for them come the start of the season when the pressure is ramped up and they're coming up against teams that want to win just as much. I think they'll finish top 10 but nowhere close to the top 4 or even 6.

Pretty much agree with that. Eddie Howe is a decent manager but you need more than 'decent' to get yourself in with the big boys. They're still a few years, & a few managers, away from competing for the top 4.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23174 on: June 21, 2022, 11:49:27 am »
Pretty much agree with that. Eddie Howe is a decent manager but you need more than 'decent' to get yourself in with the big boys. They're still a few years, & a few managers, away from competing for the top 4.

And about £400m in spending, probably.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23175 on: June 21, 2022, 11:58:47 am »

Are there any theories on how far apart we were when contract negotiations broke down ?
Aren't negotiations on going still?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23176 on: June 21, 2022, 12:01:04 pm »
Aren't negotiations on going still?

no mo negotiations

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #23177 on: June 21, 2022, 12:48:37 pm »
True.

If I were manager (And thankfully I'm not :) ) then as soon as ANY player said they are off or considering it then they would never play again.

If a player doesn't commit and doesn't want to stay then they should be history

I'd let a player go on a free rather than have them sitting there fucking us over
So you wouldn't play Salah at all next season? Madness. Not sure anybody benefits from that.
JFT97

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23178 on: June 21, 2022, 12:54:44 pm »
How many goals has Salah scored in the last 10 games?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23179 on: June 21, 2022, 01:05:39 pm »
Salah wants the Ballon D'Or. Do you seriously think that he will win it at Newcastle?

Salah wants huge money (if like he's not getting it already). If Newcastle offer that he'll be gone. You ask any footballer if they want the Ballon D'Or and 350k a week or no Ballon and 1 million a week and we all know the answer. Hey maybe Mo will surprise us and sign for whatever we are offering but let's be realistic, he's no different than the rest and will more than likely go with the money.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #23180 on: June 21, 2022, 01:20:20 pm »

Club wise I would think one of the best places to be with a chance of winning it is staying at Liverpool, but it doesn’t look like that is happening, we can speculate as to why that is.

A year down the line, we’ll see what the motivation is. Maybe playing for Real Madrid may help him win the Ballon D’or, but if they don’t want him the choices are limited.

I would say it’s about compromise. If you want to be up there with the very best paid players, then you have a choice of maybe 3 clubs you can go to. If you want to have the chance of winning the biggest individual prizes, then there’s likely 5 or 6 big clubs you can go to (Liverpool being one), but you may not get paid as much than at Abu Dhabi, Man Utd or Newcastle. Again, we will see what the motivating factor is in the end.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #23181 on: June 21, 2022, 01:34:20 pm »
My God, imagine the reception he'd get if he ran his contract down and went to man city

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #23182 on: June 21, 2022, 01:39:36 pm »
What's all this about contract talks? That's all done with, we've already offered him our limit and he's rejected it.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #23183 on: June 21, 2022, 01:56:42 pm »
Just as the outcome of this years PL and CL impacted on his thinking, so will 22/23, how he plays, whether he's injured and whether he is seen a first choice for every game and never subbed off. A year is a long time in football and how desperate other clubs are to placate their fans.

Remember when Eden Hazard was seen as one of the best players in the world and he thought it was better to leave Chelsea? Players think the grass is greener, sometimes it is not.

Shevchenko
Sanchez
Torres
Owen
Lukaku
Quaresma
Veron
Falcao
Higuain
Robinho
Morata
Morientes
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23184 on: June 21, 2022, 02:19:38 pm »
You ask any footballer if they want the Ballon D'Or and 350k a week or no Ballon and 1 million a week and we all know the answer.

Sorry but this is bullshit. Yes there are a lot of players that move simply for the money, but it's absolutely not all of them - not even close. It's just because those that do make the headlines. Most players become footballers primarily because they love the sport and if you offered them all the success in the world they would not trade that in to have £1 billion in the bank instead of £500 million.

Think of all the players who would have turned down a move to China a while back, or be turning down Newcastle now. Players will be turning down moves that would bag them more money every day, even if it's just through their agents, but we just never hear about it. Even if you think of our current squad, the likes of Alisson, Trent, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago and Diaz could all get paid more for playing elsewhere and will be getting sounded out constantly, but absolutely none of them are angling for a move.

Like with the Saudi golf thing.. The 48 players who have signed up have made the headlines, but think of all the players that must have turned them down for them to even get to those 48 (although some will likely change their mind). It's just not news though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:22:12 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #23185 on: June 21, 2022, 02:58:29 pm »
You ask any footballer if they want the Ballon D'Or and 350k a week or no Ballon and 1 million a week and we all know the answer.

I just asked my pal's two sons who've just signed their first professional contracts (at different clubs). They both gave different answers.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23186 on: June 21, 2022, 03:36:22 pm »
I just asked my pal's two sons who've just signed their first professional contracts (at different clubs). They both gave different answers.
Best of luck to the pair of them.  :)

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23187 on: June 21, 2022, 03:37:30 pm »
The state of this thread.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #23188 on: June 21, 2022, 03:46:53 pm »
The state of this thread.

Just wait until he signs for Newcastle in August, place will go mental.

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #23189 on: June 21, 2022, 04:08:05 pm »
Ultimately, I want him to stay beyond the next season and become a bona fide club legend..to be honest he is pretty much there already but I do wonder where he would go if he did leave and it wasn't about the money (Newcastle as an example)

The reason I say this is because if he is leaving one of the biggest clubs in the world already, he will want to join a big club.  There's no way he will want to go backwards, and if the Ballon D'or is that important to him, he will need to be playing week in week out I would assume, and if he goes to another big club, he will need to be taking another big players spot right? He is also 30.

Don't get me wrong, he is a great player and will be for a few years yet, but as a 30 year old, who's place will he be taking in a club that would already be as established as one of the perceived big clubs?..Messi, Benzema? I am sure there are loads of players at top top clubs who are in the twilight of their careers that he could replace but Im not so sure he will become the lynchpin of Real who already have Vinicious or PSG who have Neymar and Mbappe.

He could stay and still be the big un' at Liverpool...I cant see him getting the Ballon D'or anywhere else because of the competition he would have within whatever club he chose, with the addition of not always being a guaranteed starter, certainly at places like Real, PSG and even City unless he went to a club where he would be their biggest ever marquee signing.

We are certainly getting the best out of him because of the position he plays within our team..I just don't know if he gets afforded the same benefits of being in a team like this if he goes anywhere else and it takes longer for him to bed in.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #23190 on: June 21, 2022, 04:12:38 pm »
I would like Salah to win the Premier League next season, and the Golden Boot by some distance.

While we're at it, a match winning CL final performance in Istanbul June 2023 would be just fine as well.

Anything else is history and will emerge as it needs to.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23191 on: June 21, 2022, 04:16:09 pm »
My God, imagine the reception he'd get if he ran his contract down and went to man city

He wouldn't get much of a reception at City anyway, they only have about 6 fans, and 2 of them are the Gallaghers

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23192 on: June 21, 2022, 07:42:55 pm »
Whatever happened to that Coutinho guy?
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #23193 on: June 21, 2022, 10:35:58 pm »
I think most of us are sick of the contract saga now. More likely then not Salah will leave on a free next summer. Unless he drops his wage demands. We have made some good signings this summer but still this is getting overshadowed, distracted by Salah, unless things change, all the talk next season will be about his bloody contract. Journos, pundits, klopp keep being asked about it in press conferences.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:37:43 pm by Ocean Red »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23194 on: June 21, 2022, 10:42:16 pm »
I'm still on pins and needles in anticipation of learning what it is all about, since it's not about the money.

Also am interested in finding out the fans that know this information already.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #23195 on: June 21, 2022, 10:42:57 pm »
I know this is stating the obvious, but what makes it more difficult for us is that, were he to leave on a free, his new club would feel justified in paying him a huge signing fee (say £50m) as they save having to pay a transfer fee.

Over a 4 year contract, that's £250k/week before you even get to the wages.

This is why I hate Bosmans.

(nearly missed auto-correct changing 'Bosmans' to 'Bosnians', which would have made the post pretty random)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #23196 on: June 21, 2022, 10:44:45 pm »
In fact - and I'm sure I must be having a mental block here - have we signed anyone, during Klopp's tenure, on a Bosman free?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23197 on: June 21, 2022, 10:50:42 pm »
In fact - and I'm sure I must be having a mental block here - have we signed anyone, during Klopp's tenure, on a Bosman free?
Matip

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23198 on: June 21, 2022, 10:52:20 pm »
I know this is stating the obvious, but what makes it more difficult for us is that, were he to leave on a free, his new club would feel justified in paying him a huge signing fee (say £50m) as they save having to pay a transfer fee.

Over a 4 year contract, that's £250k/week before you even get to the wages.

This is why I hate Bosmans.

(nearly missed auto-correct changing 'Bosmans' to 'Bosnians', which would have made the post pretty random)

I think a signing on bonus close to equal what they can get elsewhere is going to become standard practice.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #23199 on: June 21, 2022, 11:21:58 pm »
I'm still on pins and needles in anticipation of learning what it is all about, since it's not about the money.

Also am interested in finding out the fans that know this information already.

60-70% of the Algerians are telling us things...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...