Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2899572 times)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23000 on: June 14, 2022, 07:41:58 am »
Can we really use if buts and maybes as a metric to decide an award though?

We would be talking him up for it but that stuff never happened, we DIDN'T win the trophy which is what makes all the difference.

Benzema has had the most outstanding year out of the candidates for the award which is exactly why he will win it.

The named players have been brilliant but no ones year is in the same category as Benzemas. I cant fucking stand madrid but credit where it's due. De Bruyne for example, very good season but didn't do it all season for one, didn't win anything other than the title that realistically all things considered they should be winning every year anyway when you look at what they spend.

Give any of our players Benzemas season, numbers AND a league and Champions League double and you would be saying they've been robbed if they dont get it and no one else came close. There's been some very good seasons for players across europe but Benzemas has been the very top.

Salah and Mane have both been class but I dont think we can really argue about them not winning it or claim they should have won it
I think the argument is more that Benzema would have won it even if they had lost the final or the semi, unless we or City would have won CL and PL.  Messi won it last year for no reason at all, despite Lewandowski crushing all records. The bar for winning is so much lower for Real and Barca players

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #23001 on: June 14, 2022, 08:57:33 am »
All drives the question why have an award for an individual when it's based on how the team he plays for  performs ?  Team's win trophies  some players carry a team that's struggling
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23002 on: June 14, 2022, 09:38:26 am »
All drives the question why have an award for an individual when it's based on how the team he plays for  performs ?  Team's win trophies  some players carry a team that's struggling

Indeed. That's why I think Salah is a bit daft for putting so much stock in it. It's his call, nothing to do with LFC really, so he's welcome to - just think he'd come off better rising above it and at least pretending it's not a huge deal for him.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23003 on: June 14, 2022, 09:59:56 am »
Very well could be that we were only going to renew 1 of mane or salah - and now that Sadio has made it known that he wants out - we can make the effort for Mo?

My hope anyway.

If Maddocks is right and Sadio wanted £400k a week wages (and Bayern have offered £360k plus bonuses) then there is no way we were paying 2 players £1million a week between them. I still don't think we will budge on the offer, we're not paying anyone £400k a week plus bonuses.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #23004 on: June 14, 2022, 10:21:52 am »
Indeed. That's why I think Salah is a bit daft for putting so much stock in it. It's his call, nothing to do with LFC really, so he's welcome to - just think he'd come off better rising above it and at least pretending it's not a huge deal for him.

It’s a striker thing, no knock on Mo, but they generally seem to be utterly focused on personal awards to an extent that’s likely hard for us fans to understand, being as it’s the team that matters! Lewandowski is another who isn’t shy about going public about such things.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #23005 on: June 14, 2022, 10:45:35 am »
It’s a striker thing, no knock on Mo, but they generally seem to be utterly focused on personal awards to an extent that’s likely hard for us fans to understand, being as it’s the team that matters! Lewandowski is another who isn’t shy about going public about such things.
Don’t think I ever heard Lewandowski talk about it this much and with this kind of entitlement. After they cancelled the award the season he more than earned, and with Bayern winning the CL recently too, it was mostly the fans who talked about the unfairness of it.  Mo last year was snarky in an interview about not finishing higher in the votes when we won nothing and only qualified for the CL thanks to our Goalie ffs. If you’re not odds on to win the thing why bother even care which loser’s spot (2nd, 5th, etc.) you get? It’s pointless, as is speculating about his chances at the end of a season where there’s already a clear winner? Seems to care about the wrong things, sadly. Someone needs to tell him to calm down with the “personal ambitions” talk in interviews and on social media.  Makes him look like The Ego.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #23006 on: June 14, 2022, 11:42:33 am »
Don’t think I ever heard Lewandowski talk about it this much and with this kind of entitlement. After they cancelled the award the season he more than earned, and with Bayern winning the CL recently too, it was mostly the fans who talked about the unfairness of it.  Mo last year was snarky in an interview about not finishing higher in the votes when we won nothing and only qualified for the CL thanks to our Goalie ffs. If you’re not odds on to win the thing why bother even care which loser’s spot (2nd, 5th, etc.) you get? It’s pointless, as is speculating about his chances at the end of a season where there’s already a clear winner? Seems to care about the wrong things, sadly. Someone needs to tell him to calm down with the “personal ambitions” talk in interviews and on social media.  Makes him look like The Ego.
Surprise, surprise. Look who it is.  ;D

Pathetic some of the posts in here.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23007 on: June 14, 2022, 11:47:27 am »

Do you not understand Kalito? He's being trolled. Not just trolled...but trolled on the ESPN FC twitter page  :no
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #23008 on: June 14, 2022, 03:28:21 pm »

Do you not understand Kalito? He's being trolled. Not just trolled...but trolled on the ESPN FC twitter page  :no
It's okay to disagree with me; I don't care. Every time you say anything about a player these days that's not wholly laudatory you get accused of "hating" them, because this type of over-simplification of the world has become normalised by the media and society in general. You can see someone's flaws and still love them. Salah's ego can be both blessing and curse. We love that he is so competitive; we love that he scores a bag of goals each season, and being uber-competitive feeds that. Here the Ego is a blessing. It becomes a curse when individual needs/objectives compromise team focus. Salah's ego first became an issue when he got mad about the armband going to Trent instead of him. At his age and with being around people like Henderson for so long, he should have learned by now that you don't have to say everything you think and feel, as it's not always in the best interest of the team. All that talk about "revenge" against Madrid was ill-advised; there was no need for it. It's all ego, and yeah, being "trolled on Twitter" is a big deal to certain people. Why invite the drama into your life when you can just stay quiet and have a peaceful life?

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #23009 on: June 14, 2022, 04:01:19 pm »
I highly doubt that Salah gives a flying fuck about what you, trolls on twitter or internet say or think about him  ;D

Some people have a reet bee in their bonnet about what he responds to when asked. Salah is the biggest star in the team. Media (sports and non-sports) love to talk to him and ask questions. Sometimes Salah says it how it is and gives an honest response to questions. What's up with that?

All the biggest sports stars in the world have egos. Who gives a flying fuck.

Your man Sadio Mane (who i absolutely love and adore, btw) has a big ego as well. "That's a fact.".

There are big egos in people from all walks of life.

Big fucking deal.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #23010 on: June 14, 2022, 04:09:27 pm »
Bad day Kalito?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23011 on: June 14, 2022, 04:10:16 pm »
It's all ego, and yeah, being "trolled on Twitter" is a big deal to certain people.

Clearly ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #23012 on: June 14, 2022, 04:15:28 pm »
Bad day Kalito?
Nah  :D

It's just so tedious some of the shit that gets spewed.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23013 on: June 14, 2022, 05:31:37 pm »
I highly doubt that Salah gives a flying fuck about what you, trolls on twitter or internet say or think about him  ;D

Some people have a reet bee in their bonnet about what he responds to when asked. Salah is the biggest star in the team. Media (sports and non-sports) love to talk to him and ask questions. Sometimes Salah says it how it is and gives an honest response to questions. What's up with that?

Your man Sadio Mane (who i absolutely love and adore, btw) has a big ego as well. "That's a fact.".

Big fucking deal.

Big egos that's normal for footballers, but his ego in the last couple of months has surpasses even Cristiano's. I don't know what's going on in his head but i don't remember him being like this before.

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #23014 on: June 14, 2022, 05:35:17 pm »
Big egos that's normal for footballers, but his ego in the last couple of months has surpasses even Cristiano's. I don't know what's going on in his head but i don't remember him being like this before.

he’s always been focused on individual prizes, he’s a forward, it’s how they tend to be! I guess it gets more apparent as he’s got to be a bigger and bigger star, with more and more focus, but it’s always been how he is.  Which is why I dont quite get why it’s a big deal now to be honest! Loads of the best fowards in football have massive egos and an obsession for being recognised as the best, Mo is no different.

I don’t see it as a big thing so long as he’s getting the job done for the team (as he’s done consistently since being here). 

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #23015 on: June 14, 2022, 06:13:10 pm »
he’s always been focused on individual prizes, he’s a forward, it’s how they tend to be! I guess it gets more apparent as he’s got to be a bigger and bigger star, with more and more focus, but it’s always been how he is.  Which is why I dont quite get why it’s a big deal now to be honest! Loads of the best fowards in football have massive egos and an obsession for being recognised as the best, Mo is no different.

I don’t see it as a big thing so long as he’s getting the job done for the team (as he’s done consistently since being here).
Well said.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23016 on: June 14, 2022, 06:37:15 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #23017 on: June 14, 2022, 07:48:19 pm »

To add to that, the best forwards in their peak years are getting shorter on time to achieve more. He's under pressure. If he doesn't get Ballon d'Or this or next year, will he ever?

I don't like the noise associated with this ramble, but it is what it is.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23018 on: June 14, 2022, 08:24:24 pm »
To add to that, the best forwards in their peak years are getting shorter on time to achieve more. He's under pressure. If he doesn't get Ballon d'Or this or next year, will he ever?

I don't like the noise associated with this ramble, but it is what it is.

Bro, Benzema been performing at the highest level for over a decade, he's probably the best #9 (consistency, achievements, goals etc) in history of LaLiga and never had a sniff. It's bullshit award.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23019 on: June 15, 2022, 12:22:45 am »
Happy Birthday Mo.

He's 30 today.

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23020 on: June 15, 2022, 01:00:59 am »

Really letting himself go in his old age.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23021 on: June 15, 2022, 01:05:31 am »

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23022 on: June 15, 2022, 01:32:54 am »
My birthday too!   :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 01:40:41 am by JohnSullie »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23023 on: June 15, 2022, 02:55:24 am »

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23024 on: June 15, 2022, 04:39:03 am »

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/RPnsvvB1B1I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/RPnsvvB1B1I</a>

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23025 on: June 15, 2022, 05:50:33 am »
Bro, Benzema been performing at the highest level for over a decade, he's probably the best #9 (consistency, achievements, goals etc) in history of LaLiga and never had a sniff. It's bullshit award.
I'd start with agreeing about the bullshit award jibe. But I followed Benzema since he signed for Real. Granted he did well overall, but I thought he would have been twice the player he is now if he waited elsewhere to develop before signing for them. He hasn't been what you make him to be for years; he's been good but not great. He could have been much more than Salah for years, instead he has the odd year when he's really good.

I don't think that Benzema has been near the top of the running for Ballon d'Or, but it should be his this year. And again, I agree, it's a bullshit award.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #23026 on: June 15, 2022, 01:27:43 pm »
Happy Birthday lad!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23027 on: June 15, 2022, 01:49:26 pm »
Happy Birthday Mo.

He's 30 today.

Has the club got him a cake?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23028 on: June 15, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »

Unit
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #23029 on: June 15, 2022, 02:00:25 pm »

He’s not having this Darwin lad coming in here thinking he’s scoring all the goals now
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23030 on: June 15, 2022, 08:16:15 pm »
Where is his new hat? Worrisome days…

Happy birthday, Mo! And mo of Mo next season!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23031 on: June 16, 2022, 07:26:28 am »

It's like looking at a mirror image of myself.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23032 on: June 16, 2022, 08:29:41 am »

Big fucking deal.

Oh, he very much cares what people think of him.

He has an entire parallel career devoted to manipulating the message and his image, complete with professional photographers who travel with him on holiday, and a very savvy PR operation that knows where to spend money to get the exposure they want, and how and when to plant  stories and “interviews” in the media for maximum effect.

And they’re good. The GQ cover and article (“best player in the universe!!”), just before his contract renewals? Ooh, that’s some serious pull. Must have cost a pretty penny, also.

And the interview in France Football, who run that golden ball thingy (“I’m shocked, just shocked that I didn’t get more votes  last time!!”), just as votes are due? Simply outstanding work.

Yep. These Salah PR guys are good. Maybe even “best in the world”. 

But how does that saying go? You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time?

Let’s hope PSG or Real fall for the BS next time around. We’re done.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23033 on: June 16, 2022, 09:10:57 am »

He has an entire parallel career devoted to manipulating the message and his image, complete with professional photographers who travel with him on holiday, and a very savvy PR operation that knows where to spend money to get the exposure they want, and how and when to plant  stories and “interviews” in the media for maximum effect.

And they’re good. The GQ cover and article (“best player in the universe!!”), just before his contract renewals? Ooh, that’s some serious pull. Must have cost a pretty penny, also.

And the interview in France Football, who run that golden ball thingy (“I’m shocked, just shocked that I didn’t get more votes  last time!!”), just as votes are due? Simply outstanding work.

But how does that saying go? You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time?

Who’s done ?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #23034 on: June 16, 2022, 09:50:22 am »
Maybe he had a large wager on him winning it. The winnings being enough to cover any shortfall in wage negotiations with us .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #23035 on: June 16, 2022, 10:02:05 am »

what are you basing on this? Are you the club? Quite a toxic post I can’t lie. This guy is a good lad he isn’t spinning PR shit like you are saying he is. Players can’t even be confident any more  :butt

You are appreciated lads!!!

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23036 on: June 16, 2022, 10:10:44 am »
This thread  :o

I barely enter player threads anymore, or match threads etc. RAWK used to be genuinely brilliant but seems to now be populated by the same ilk who populate weird twitter or facebook corners of the internet.

Mo Salah, there. With his ten-pack looking dead healthy and happy giving absolutely no fucks about what some person called something like FLblert69. In fact not even know that person exists, I'm afraid.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #23037 on: June 16, 2022, 10:55:11 am »
This thread  :o

I barely enter player threads anymore, or match threads etc. RAWK used to be genuinely brilliant but seems to now be populated by the same ilk who populate weird twitter or facebook corners of the internet.

Mo Salah, there. With his ten-pack looking dead healthy and happy giving absolutely no fucks about what some person called something like FLblert69. In fact not even know that person exists, I'm afraid.
;D :D

Nicely put. It's become a reet joke.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #23038 on: June 16, 2022, 11:23:05 am »

Lad, put the tin foil hat down and leave it down  ;)

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23039 on: June 16, 2022, 01:52:51 pm »

you seem to be off your fucking rocker. 

or your meds. not sure which.

I'd pick that shit of yours apart but couldn't be arsed - and your daft hatred of Mo is so baked in I doubt you'd even read it.