Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 609078 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #7000 on: September 30, 2022, 11:20:55 pm »
Cheers Debs. 😊👍

Good people make me happy, and there are plenty on here.  :)

There sure are 😊

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7001 on: October 1, 2022, 12:12:29 am »
I took my dog for a walk round the local park this morning and it was all misty but still unite mild. You couldn’t see more than 100 yards or so and was very atmospheric. Until some big bastard if a dog charged at us from out of nowhere! :D
You should have refused to pay!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #7002 on: October 1, 2022, 12:22:07 am »
Good people make me happy, and there are plenty on here.  :)
There sure are 😊
Stop it you two; you'll make me blush  :-X  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #7003 on: October 1, 2022, 01:26:56 am »
:-*
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7004 on: October 1, 2022, 08:14:12 am »

😎

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7005 on: October 2, 2022, 07:10:50 pm »
Being surrounded by beautiful dogs. We've just been to a dog show (Carla Lane) in Lydiate and it was lovely. 🐶🐕🦮🐕‍🦺
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Rymildet

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7006 on: October 2, 2022, 09:23:53 pm »
A lot of small things - coffee in the morning, pets, friends, and many more. I also really enjoy playing word games. Playing such games can help you increase your attention span, strengthen logic skills, improve reading comprehension and boost vocabulary retention. Look for clues here https://word-finder.com/anagram-solver/ if you can't guess the word.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 03:28:43 pm by Rymildet »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7007 on: October 2, 2022, 09:51:24 pm »
My garden 🥰

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #7008 on: October 3, 2022, 08:07:41 am »
got home this morning at 5am (don't ask and i won't have to lie) and there was a robin singing next to the street light in a tree - lovely
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #7009 on: October 4, 2022, 01:22:31 am »
Playing around with World GeoGuesser and recognizing a hospital car park from an obscure regional hospital that is about 50 miles from me. Managed to get my answer within about 50 feet.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7010 on: October 5, 2022, 07:38:33 pm »
I was at the match with my 17 yo daughter last night. Six rows from the pitch and she is usually so quiet but at one stage she shouts out 'you wanker' to Morelos along with a hand gesture. Had to pretend to be shocked but I was delighted :D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7011 on: October 5, 2022, 07:41:42 pm »
I was at the match with my 17 yo daughter last night. Six rows from the pitch and she is usually so quiet but at one stage she shouts out 'you wanker' to Morelos along with a hand gesture. Had to pretend to be shocked but I was delighted :D

;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7012 on: October 5, 2022, 08:01:28 pm »
I was instantly put off by that ... then I realized you said 17 not 7.

:)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #7013 on: October 5, 2022, 08:46:39 pm »
;D

Every time I see Morelos' face it reminds me of when my mate got stung by a bee and his face swelled up  :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7014 on: October 6, 2022, 03:06:44 pm »
Moving into a suburban house having lived in London and Manchester flats since uni and setting up the milk delivery from a nearby farm and the window cleaner from round the corner.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7015 on: October 6, 2022, 07:19:26 pm »
Moving into a suburban house having lived in London and Manchester flats since uni and setting up the milk delivery from a nearby farm and the window cleaner from round the corner.

I’ve definitely seen this film before.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7016 on: October 6, 2022, 08:32:22 pm »
I’ve definitely seen this film before.

That was The Widow Cleaner From Around the Corner

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7017 on: October 6, 2022, 10:01:26 pm »
When you keep putting something off because you're bigging it up in your head, and when you finally get around to sorting it, it turns out to be a bit of a doddle. The relief is palpable.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #7018 on: October 6, 2022, 10:51:54 pm »
White Rat from Osset Brewery. Lovely stuff
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7019 on: October 6, 2022, 10:56:53 pm »
When you keep putting something off because you're bigging it up in your head, and when you finally get around to sorting it, it turns out to be a bit of a doddle. The relief is palpable.

The opposite is a little job that you start with absolute confidence in your abilities to complete it within minutes and two and a half hours later there’s bits and pieces everywhere and it’s still not finished.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7020 on: October 7, 2022, 12:38:32 am »
The opposite is a little job that you start with absolute confidence in your abilities to complete it within minutes and two and a half hours later there’s bits and pieces everywhere and it’s still not finished.

Is that what she said?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7021 on: October 7, 2022, 03:11:30 pm »

Yep

Been dreading stripping my bedroom walls for ages

Just did it last weekend without any ummming. Bought one of those steam strippers, it arrived early and boom, two walls done in 45 minutes

I reckon this is how anxiety and worry does you over

Nothing is more important than the action

Sometimes it's better just to DO something without thinking first. I mean maybe not surgery, but we overthink so much

And I feel good again cause I can paint and it's cool. Rather than Ohhhh this big job ahead of me I don't have time wah wah wah

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7022 on: October 7, 2022, 03:24:28 pm »
Yep

Been dreading stripping my bedroom walls for ages

Just did it last weekend without any ummming. Bought one of those steam strippers, it arrived early and boom, two walls done in 45 minutes

I reckon this is how anxiety and worry does you over

Nothing is more important than the action

Sometimes it's better just to DO something without thinking first. I mean maybe not surgery, but we overthink so much

And I feel good again cause I can paint and it's cool. Rather than Ohhhh this big job ahead of me I don't have time wah wah wah

yeh procrastination man - it plays on yer mind if you let it
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #7023 on: October 7, 2022, 03:45:19 pm »
yeh procrastination man - it plays on yer mind if you let it
Good advice mate. I might take it. Well, maybe in a few weeks...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7024 on: October 7, 2022, 03:51:39 pm »

;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7025 on: October 7, 2022, 05:47:08 pm »

be sure to post an update. I want to think about it for a while and will take your experience under advisement.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7026 on: October 8, 2022, 08:50:03 am »
Finding out my mum and her band supported Depeche Mode and Talk Talk in the early 80s.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7027 on: October 8, 2022, 09:34:12 am »
Finding out my mum and her band supported Depeche Mode and Talk Talk in the early 80s.

wha? brill that

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7028 on: October 8, 2022, 10:01:22 am »
wha? brill that

Boss isn’t it mate? Was speaking to her yesterday about the price of Depeche Mode tickets (£132 standing!) and she said oh we supported them in the early 80s they only had a few hits out. She then said she supported Talk Talk at another gig but I’m not too familiar with them but heard of them.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7029 on: October 8, 2022, 12:27:08 pm »
Boss isn’t it mate? Was speaking to her yesterday about the price of Depeche Mode tickets (£132 standing!) and she said oh we supported them in the early 80s they only had a few hits out. She then said she supported Talk Talk at another gig but I’m not too familiar with them but heard of them.
Talk Talk were brilliant.

Lovely memories for your mum. 😊

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7030 on: October 8, 2022, 12:43:59 pm »
Having the inside of your car spotlessly clean
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7031 on: October 8, 2022, 12:44:41 pm »
nice

Love Depeche. Seeing them in Dublin next year
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7032 on: October 8, 2022, 07:11:54 pm »
Watched my granddaughter play football today, they won 7-1 and she scored 2 of them.  1 from a free kick which was a beauty 🥰

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7033 on: October 8, 2022, 07:17:42 pm »
Watched my granddaughter play football today, they won 7-1 and she scored 2 of them.  1 from a free kick which was a beauty 🥰
Lovely.  :)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7034 on: October 8, 2022, 07:19:47 pm »
Lovely.  :)

It's hilarious watching hormonal girls play team sports but I can't remember us being so sulky playing hockey 😂

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7035 on: October 8, 2022, 07:21:37 pm »
Gin.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7036 on: October 8, 2022, 07:25:04 pm »
It's hilarious watching hormonal girls play team sports but I can't remember us being so sulky playing hockey 😂
In our school we always made sure not to play hockey with the girls. We valued our ankles.  :D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7037 on: October 8, 2022, 07:33:25 pm »
In our school we always made sure not to play hockey with the girls. We valued our ankles.  :D

Yeah I remember we were always really aggressive when playing too and the lads used to fear playing in the end of season game 😎

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7038 on: October 8, 2022, 07:34:29 pm »
Yeah I remember we were always really aggressive when playing too and the lads used to fear playing in the end of season game 😎
Teenage girls with hockey sticks = Psychos.  :D

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7039 on: October 8, 2022, 07:38:23 pm »
Teenage girls with hockey sticks = Psychos.  :D

St. Trinian's girls are the best 😂