Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1523193 times)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #12800 on: April 27, 2022, 06:16:11 am »
My scarf is making an appearance tonight. Everyone in the kop will hopefully bring theirs too. First leg at anfield and all to play for, it should be bouncing tonight

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12801 on: April 27, 2022, 08:19:49 am »
 It has been superb recently

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Kopite
« Reply #12802 on: April 27, 2022, 10:03:49 am »
Comes up past the King Harry - Anfield Road is closed to traffic past the ground.

Oh shit yea totally forgot about the Annie Road being done! That’s good the bus welcomes were  always better going past the King Harry

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #12803 on: April 27, 2022, 10:26:28 am »
Oh shit yea totally forgot about the Annie Road being done! That’s good the bus welcomes were  always better going past the King Harry

Bus welcome was pretty poor against Benfica to be honest. Hopefully a lot more will be out for this one. I remember the Villarreal bus welcome in 2016 for the Europa Semi when it came up past the King Harry and the place was bouncing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 10:28:22 am by jonnypb »

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #12804 on: April 27, 2022, 11:56:44 am »
My scarf is making an appearance tonight. Everyone in the kop will hopefully bring theirs too. First leg at anfield and all to play for, it should be bouncing tonight

Would love to see a packed Anfield with scarves and Ring of Fire again.
JFT96

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12805 on: April 27, 2022, 12:21:26 pm »
Can everyone please cheer the black Ellison's coach as well as our red one as judging by the Inside Anfield videos, that's the one the players come on now for some reason. I reckon Jurgen is on the red one on his own with his feet up and shades on. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline marios_moustache

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12806 on: April 27, 2022, 01:55:14 pm »
What sort of time for the coach to be arriving by King Harry?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12807 on: April 27, 2022, 01:59:14 pm »
Can everyone please cheer the black Ellison's coach as well as our red one as judging by the Inside Anfield videos, that's the one the players come on now for some reason. I reckon Jurgen is on the red one on his own with his feet up and shades on. ;D

I wondered about that, Jurgen got off the red one and the players all get off the black one.

Tabloids "Jurgen has lost the dressing room, players refuse to travel on the same coach"
Fuck the Tories

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12808 on: April 27, 2022, 02:07:28 pm »
What sort of time for the coach to be arriving by King Harry?
The post going round twitter wants everyone there by 5.30. I’d say more like six or half six but sure go early for the craic
YNWA

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #12809 on: April 27, 2022, 02:15:42 pm »
I know they're a different proposition now, but last time they came to Anfield, the game was won before a ball was even kicked as they made their way through that crowd outside the ground.
JFT96

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12810 on: April 27, 2022, 02:46:27 pm »
Their fans pretty good so far. Have taken over concert square
YNWA

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12811 on: April 27, 2022, 05:37:03 pm »
Would like to hear ring of fire after the goals if we score tonight.

Used to be sung after every European goal but weirdly hasn't surfaced after lockdown.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12812 on: April 27, 2022, 10:21:23 pm »
Not bad tonight - definitely flatter at times than other semi finals but first leg at home against a very dull side on the night might explain it to some extent. Felt like it didn't fill up quick enough the ground and feels strange when the sun is out!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Anny Roader
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #12813 on: April 27, 2022, 10:30:38 pm »
Shout out to the 10 people around me creating most of the atmosphere in that area, kept it going throughout the second half despite how no one else was joining in. Atmosphere was obviously very good around 50-70 mins and the rest of the time it was ok. Not great considering its a European Cup semi final- a lot of people seeming not that arsed really. I'm used to 305 so that does skew my perspective so I might be a bit wrong on that.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12814 on: April 28, 2022, 08:46:36 am »
Apart from a dickhead Spanish guy in the Lower Kenny with a Man U cap on causing trouble, it was an ok to good atmosphere.

It was not like any of the previous Semi finals where it was a feral atmosphere. But it wasn't really a game where the players needed the crowd to drive the way of playing. It was more of an encouraging atmosphere.

This was definitely the game where most regulars sold their tickets on to have money for the finals ahead.

Offline PeterTheRed

• Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12816 on: April 28, 2022, 09:23:55 am »
Oddly seems to be a lot of songs splitting between two sides of the stadium this year.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12817 on: April 28, 2022, 09:27:21 am »
Singing in the kenny concourse before and after the game. Class
YNWA

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #12818 on: April 28, 2022, 10:21:39 am »

Looking over at the kenny, loads were well up for it. The scarfs at one point looked great. The lower main is the worst part of the ground to sit in for singing and general support now.

Good in the 100s but there’s been so much better over the last few years. Very few games match the early Klopp era now when we weren’t used to so much success. The players didn’t really need our support too much tonight but we still need to give it for the full 90mins

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12819 on: April 28, 2022, 10:43:17 am »
was decent, of course we've had better. we played great but Villarreal's gameplan in the first half worked pretty well to be fair to them and probably added to the up-and-down atmosphere we had.
YNWA.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12820 on: April 28, 2022, 10:54:16 am »
I don't know about anyone else but I'm absolutely exhausted. If anyone ever asks 'why's it not always like that' this is why. I'd be fucking dead by October most seasons.
2 Midfielders in the next window.

Another midfielder and a forward in the window after that. And probably another young CB in the same window.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12821 on: April 28, 2022, 11:13:03 am »

Was it all standing in the Kenny (lower anyway) - looked it from the Kop.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12822 on: April 28, 2022, 11:14:07 am »
Looking over at the kenny, loads were well up for it. The scarfs at one point looked great. The lower main is the worst part of the ground to sit in for singing and general support now.

Good in the 100s but there’s been so much better over the last few years. Very few games match the early Klopp era now when we weren’t used to so much success. The players didn’t really need our support too much tonight but we still need to give it for the full 90mins

I sit in the upper Kenny and the concourse singing beforehand was brilliant and just after we scored our 2nd everyone was up on their feet with scarves - best atmosphere up there since last week vs Utd!!!!

Offline strike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12823 on: April 28, 2022, 11:41:04 am »

Was in KK 24 rows back and stood the whole game.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12824 on: April 28, 2022, 11:52:33 am »

Yes. First time for a CL game this season where everyone stood all game.

Stewards tried their best to get people to sit. But gave up and just spent their time keeping the steps clear

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12825 on: April 28, 2022, 11:58:33 am »
KN was stood and as far as I could see to my right was stood. Stewards never even spoke to us last night. Was Annie road on their feet? Couldn't see clearly
YNWA

Offline mazlo123

• Legacy Fan
  • My kind of monster.
« Reply #12826 on: May 6, 2022, 03:09:14 pm »
If im in the wrong place feel free to move this.

Im not really sure where to put this but I have an Idea for a new song chant to the tune of "Ca Plane Pour Moi" by Plastic Bertrand. (Final in Paris)

Ive been thinking about it since before the Bayern game and Ive been humming it to myself since and its hyping me up for the final.  :D

Its just around the chorus (0:44 in the embeded vid)

"Sept times pour moi" (Artistic license but "7 times for me" with the Salah part thrown in for his revenge vs Real)

Sept Times Pour Moi
Sept Times Pour Moi
Sept Times Pour Moi, Moi, Moi, Moi, Moi
Sept Times Pour Moi

(And Mo Salah) *During the Hou-hou-oou-oou!*
Sept Times Pour Moi

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ln31raI2ezY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ln31raI2ezY</a>

If it takes off it would be good for a banner too.
They should go and feast on another dead corpse this one is alive and kicking and it will bite you fucking head off.

Offline GMac1984

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12827 on: May 6, 2022, 03:36:15 pm »
KN was stood and as far as I could see to my right was stood. Stewards never even spoke to us last night. Was Annie road on their feet? Couldn't see clearly

For Benfica AR was partial standing among the blocks but this one it seemed everyone was on their feet from where I was.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12828 on: May 7, 2022, 07:47:00 am »
Anyone know if there’s going to be a bus welcome tonight? What time and best place to get to?

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #12829 on: May 7, 2022, 04:23:28 pm »
Anyone know if there’s going to be a bus welcome tonight? What time and best place to get to?

Bump for any updates?

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12830 on: May 7, 2022, 04:24:45 pm »
Not heading tonight myself but if there is one it will be at the King harry round 5.30
YNWA

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #12831 on: May 7, 2022, 05:11:59 pm »
The atmosphere should be red hot tonight.

Two massive finals on the horizon, the league still to fight for. This is 1977 territory. If the Kop reaches those levels it will be unforgettable for anyone lucky enough to there. And Liverpool will win.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #12832 on: May 7, 2022, 05:18:21 pm »

Two massive finals on the horizon, the league still to fight for. This is 1977 territory. If the Kop reaches those levels it will be unforgettable for anyone lucky enough to there. And Liverpool will win.

On the ale all day an ' that.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are seen - some wise fella

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12833 on: May 7, 2022, 06:17:11 pm »

Here’s hoping Yorky. In the Kop bar now and it’s rammed, everywhere seems a bit fuller earlier than normal. Hope everyone isn’t gassed by the time kick off arrives!
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Anny Roader
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #12834 on: May 7, 2022, 10:09:47 pm »
That's more like it. Best atmosphere for 3 years in my opinion. Responded well to going a goal down and got a huge point. A point we wouldn't have got away from home.

Online tubby

• absolutely no sense of direction whatsoever, neither in this life nor the next
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12835 on: May 7, 2022, 10:21:36 pm »
Couldn't really tell on my stream.  The commentators said the place was rocking at the start but it didn't really come across that way.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12836 on: May 7, 2022, 10:26:38 pm »
I wasn't there tonight but anyone who said there was no atmosphere is talking out there arse. you could hear it on the box it sounded like a Europe match from our lot.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12837 on: May 7, 2022, 10:28:06 pm »
That's more like it. Best atmosphere for 3 years in my opinion. Responded well to going a goal down and got a huge point. A point we wouldn't have got away from home.

Maybe it was the BT mics, but it sounded dreadful. They must've muted the ones near our fans, as at times it sounded like a prayer meeting.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12838 on: May 7, 2022, 10:32:37 pm »
Seemed alright to me from what I saw on the tv
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #12839 on: May 7, 2022, 10:38:54 pm »
Controversial but atmosphere could be a lot better, but it’s hard when you’ve got people paying stupid money just to record for Instagram…