Author Topic: Ask - RAWK replies  (Read 834700 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century this girl does two together
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - RAWK replies
« Reply #17120 on: June 6, 2022, 06:16:17 pm »
It's safe to drink but down south it's hard water full of calcium and other minerals that cause limescale. I'm not sure what Liverpool is like, but up here in Scotland we have brilliant soft tap water with no need to clean the kettle constantly or have scum floating on your cup of tea.

I find London tap water to be absolutely vile, but I think it's just a case of what you are used to.

Liverpool gets water from a few different places, I think here in south Liverpool it's mostly from Vrynwy in Wales. It's perfectly fine, tastes well, and I recently descaled the kettle for the first time after about 8 years.

Take your point though, it might be rubbish elsewhere.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17121 on: June 6, 2022, 06:56:20 pm »
Liverpool gets water from a few different places, I think here in south Liverpool it's mostly from Vrynwy in Wales. It's perfectly fine, tastes well, and I recently descaled the kettle for the first time after about 8 years.

Take your point though, it might be rubbish elsewhere.

Noticed a massive difference in the water when we moved out to Southport from Kirkby, the water over there is hard, tasted horrible compared to the water in Liverpool and used to scale the kettle up something rotten, they'd not last long if you didn't descale them. Moving to Manchester meant I went back to soft water.

This shows how most of England has hard water

Fuck the Tories

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17122 on: June 6, 2022, 06:58:40 pm »
The UK as a whole to show how fucking glorious our water is.  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17123 on: June 10, 2022, 04:20:46 pm »
Are National Insurance cards still a thing? I've vague recollection that you used to get one about 3 months before 16th birthday. My lad turns 16 in 3 weeks but haven't got one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ToneLa

• The haiku master. Kills it in transfer windows. Keeps the art alive...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED
« Reply #17124 on: June 11, 2022, 11:30:45 am »
Are National Insurance cards still a thing? I've vague recollection that you used to get one about 3 months before 16th birthday. My lad turns 16 in 3 weeks but haven't got one.

This is second hand information as I am not 16  :D but I THINK they're not a thing anymore

Should have gotten a number via post tho absolutely. Can chase it up

See

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17125 on: June 14, 2022, 10:42:29 am »
Ive set up my garden really, well where Ive now got 2 wild rabbits/Hares who've just had a load of babies plus a pair of squirrels and various birds etc

Unfortunately I also have cats visiting. What can I do to get rid of the cats but not disturb the other wildlife?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #17126 on: June 14, 2022, 10:53:42 am »
Ive set up my garden really, well where Ive now got 2 wild rabbits/Hares who've just had a load of babies plus a pair of squirrels and various birds etc

Unfortunately I also have cats visiting. What can I do to get rid of the cats but not disturb the other wildlife?
Get yourself one of these mate; works great for me  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17127 on: June 14, 2022, 10:55:55 am »

Get a goose. A big one.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17128 on: June 14, 2022, 10:57:35 am »
Have you time to train the rabbits in Krav Maga?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17129 on: June 14, 2022, 11:27:12 am »
Thanks Lads, great advice  ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17130 on: June 14, 2022, 11:58:31 am »
Thanks Lads, great advice  ;D

Nice little .22 rifle, something like a Ruger, suppressor and subsonic ammunition ;)
Fuck the Tories

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century this girl does two together
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17131 on: June 14, 2022, 12:17:32 pm »

Get a cat or a dog yourself, the others will avoid their territory.
:P

Not much to be honest. You can try to scare them off, but then they'll only avoid coming when you're there.

I think there are also some plants they don't like the smell of, I think, but I'm not sure if that is stronger than the pull of little rabbits and birds.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17132 on: June 14, 2022, 12:19:51 pm »
Cover your lawn with kitchen foil. They hate that.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17133 on: June 14, 2022, 01:54:29 pm »
Nice little .22 rifle, something like a Ruger, suppressor and subsonic ammunition ;)

My French mate Kurt is popping up from East London, he said hes got it covered. 

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17134 on: June 14, 2022, 02:51:04 pm »

I always thought that Tiger/Lion shit keeps them away for months, you can buy it as pellets. No idea if it will scare off the rabbits as well though.

Looks like amazon sell it. Silent roar cat repellent.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17135 on: June 14, 2022, 03:22:42 pm »
I always thought that Tiger/Lion shit keeps them away for months, you can buy it as pellets. No idea if it will scare off the rabbits as well though.

Looks like amazon sell it. Silent roar cat repellent.

Apparently that doesn't work, the arrogant little fuckers just shit there anyway. We've got problems with some c*nts cats shitting on our garden and other than getting a staffy and training it to kill cats, fuck knows what I can do - If I knew who's cat it was they'd be getting a bag of cat shit right in their face.
Fuck the Tories

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17136 on: June 14, 2022, 06:21:01 pm »
Sneak in and spray your neighbour's garden with catnip.
"Football is a nice game without you, but with you itís the best game in the world"
Jurgen Klopp

"Giving absolutely everything doesn't mean you get anything... but itís the only chance to get something
Jurgen Klopp

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17137 on: June 14, 2022, 09:37:26 pm »
Best place to get (low priced) Tom's (footwear) online for men or women?

Offline Ghost Town

• Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory"......
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17138 on: June 15, 2022, 01:06:04 am »
I'm sorry did you just ask for the best place to find low-price Toms?

Try the docks...
"Football is a nice game without you, but with you itís the best game in the world"
Jurgen Klopp

"Giving absolutely everything doesn't mean you get anything... but itís the only chance to get something
Jurgen Klopp

Offline tray fenny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17139 on: June 16, 2022, 12:54:24 pm »
Anyone know exactly where/how to get to the OBD2 port socket on a new shape 2019 Insignia. Done google, youtube & handbook etc 👍 edit right hand drive
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 12:56:23 pm by tray fenny »
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17140 on: June 16, 2022, 02:47:42 pm »
Anyone know exactly where/how to get to the OBD2 port socket on a new shape 2019 Insignia. Done google, youtube & handbook etc 👍 edit right hand drive

All I could find was its either in the footwell above the pedals, or one other site looked like it was saying behind the trim near your right knee.
Fuck the Tories

Offline tray fenny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17141 on: June 16, 2022, 03:27:15 pm »
All I could find was its either in the footwell above the pedals, or one other site looked like it was saying behind the trim near your right knee.
Yeah tried the usual places, no joy mate. Theres a plastic case above the right knee that may house the socket but its proving difficult to open and I dont want to break it.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #17142 on: June 16, 2022, 07:16:38 pm »
Completely forgot I was taking my Ma to see Elton John at the ground tomorrow. Was going to drive in. Is there anywhere near to Anfield (walking distance) that is fairly secure and will still be open after the gig finishes?

Willing to pay around £20 for secure parking. Wanna avoid going into town and using the 917 if I can help it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:18:41 pm by Drinks Sangria »
ďSeeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.Ē Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17143 on: June 16, 2022, 09:12:25 pm »
Completely forgot I was taking my Ma to see Elton John at the ground tomorrow. Was going to drive in. Is there anywhere near to Anfield (walking distance) that is fairly secure and will still be open after the gig finishes?

Willing to pay around £20 for secure parking. Wanna avoid going into town and using the 917 if I can help it.

Sent you a PM
Fuck the Tories

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17144 on: June 19, 2022, 05:13:45 pm »
Long shot but is anyone into pigeons? got a lost racing pigeon in my yard been here for about 2 weeks.

Trying to catch him and hes just to jumpy make any sort of movement and he fucks off back on the roof, will he eventually just go? or am i now a racing pigeon owner?

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17145 on: June 19, 2022, 05:15:38 pm »
Long shot but is anyone into pigeons? got a lost racing pigeon in my yard been here for about 2 weeks.

Trying to catch him and hes just to jumpy make any sort of movement and he fucks off back on the roof, will he eventually just go? or am i now a racing pigeon owner?

Ask him if the transfer to Spurs is still on...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17146 on: June 19, 2022, 05:18:13 pm »

Just phone/tweet at your local Club and one of them will come around,catch and then return it back home.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17147 on: June 19, 2022, 05:38:31 pm »

Mike's on his way

Fuck the Tories

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17148 on: June 19, 2022, 06:31:32 pm »

Just phone/tweet at your local Club and one of them will come around,catch and then return it back home.

already done this but i have to report it to the correct pigeon people?? need to get close enough to read the info on the ring so i know who to contact, basically have to catch it meself.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17149 on: June 19, 2022, 06:34:53 pm »
already done this but i have to report it to the correct pigeon people?? need to get close enough to read the info on the ring so i know who to contact, basically have to catch it meself.
so you need an air rifle, then.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17150 on: June 19, 2022, 06:45:55 pm »

They're a pretty close bunch,can't imagine that there isn't one of them willing to come and get it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17151 on: June 19, 2022, 07:25:33 pm »

Put some food out for it to get it to land.

Then sneak up and lash a towel over it is the advice

https://www.rpra.org/stray-reporting/

Or you can just report it

Reporting the bird as a stray
If there is no wing stamp or telephone ring, you can report the stray bird to us online below or by calling us on 01452 713529. If you give an e-mail address below you will receive an automated e-mail reply giving the ownerís contact details.
Fuck the Tories

Offline Crosby Nick

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17152 on: June 19, 2022, 07:29:23 pm »

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17153 on: June 19, 2022, 07:29:24 pm »

They're a pretty close bunch,can't imagine that there isn't one of them willing to come and get it.

Did have a guy come round about 4 days ago with a cup full of seed he got about 6 foot away and it flew on the roof he gave me the seed and told me good luck then fecked off.

Cant report it because it isnt contained.

Might end up building a coop.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17154 on: June 19, 2022, 07:43:56 pm »
Did have a guy come round about 4 days ago with a cup full of seed he got about 6 foot away and it flew on the roof he gave me the seed and told me good luck then fecked off.

Cant report it because it isnt contained.

;D  A cat/dog crate might work.

You might be able to get close enough to take a photo

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17155 on: June 19, 2022, 07:48:36 pm »

Bit much constructing an entire suprmarket just to catch a pigeon!

Just use a box/crate held up by a stick with a bit of string tied to it, and some bird food under it, like we used to as nippers. Bird goes under to get food, pull the string, done.

Have to hang about for ages like a divvy holding a bit of string, mind
Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen Klopp

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17156 on: June 19, 2022, 07:52:40 pm »

Does he have both a metal ring on one leg and rubber ring on the other, if so he is in the middle of a race, and unless injured he will likely fuck off by himself.

Should you catch it, there should be a phone number stamp on one of his flights, viewable if you gently spread its wings

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17157 on: June 19, 2022, 07:54:52 pm »

Fuck the Tories

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17158 on: June 19, 2022, 08:20:45 pm »
Bit much constructing an entire suprmarket just to catch a pigeon!

Just use a box/crate held up by a stick with a bit of string tied to it, and some bird food under it, like we used to as nippers. Bird goes under to get food, pull the string, done.

Have to hang about for ages like a divvy holding a bit of string, mind

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17159 on: June 19, 2022, 08:45:30 pm »

Does he have both a metal ring on one leg and rubber ring on the other, if so he is in the middle of a race, and unless injured he will likely fuck off by himself.

Should you catch it, there should be a phone number stamp on one of his flights, viewable if you gently spread its wings

yes blue one and a green one, he does fuck off but he keeps coming back thats the problem :D been 2 weeks now, i must be a good host