Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040760 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #17040 on: April 18, 2022, 10:02:46 pm »
one month ago I paid  £79.99 for one year Amazon Prime.  I am not happy with it, 2 times recently I have purchased things and at the time of ordering it said GUARANTEED ONE DAY DELIVERY and then a few minutes later an email is received confirming the purchase and states next day delivery, 1st time it came 4 days late and 2nd time 2 days late.  This annoys me so as I say I want to cancel but my question is will they refund money for the 11 months Prime not used, how much will they refund and how long (aprox) will it take?   I don't want to just dive in there and cancel and lose 11 months Prime that's paid for if you catch my drift.  Thanks.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17041 on: April 19, 2022, 08:24:16 am »
one month ago I paid  £79.99 for one year Amazon Prime.  I am not happy with it, 2 times recently I have purchased things and at the time of ordering it said GUARANTEED ONE DAY DELIVERY and then a few minutes later an email is received confirming the purchase and states next day delivery, 1st time it came 4 days late and 2nd time 2 days late.  This annoys me so as I say I want to cancel but my question is will they refund money for the 11 months Prime not used, how much will they refund and how long (aprox) will it take?   I don't want to just dive in there and cancel and lose 11 months Prime that's paid for if you catch my drift.  Thanks.

This is what it says in their Help pages:

Shipping and Delivery  ›  Amazon Prime  ›
End Your Amazon Prime Membership

It's easy to end your Amazon Prime membership, or cancel your free trial.

You can end your Amazon Prime membership, or cancel your free trial to ensure that it doesn't convert to a full Amazon Prime membership.

Go to Your Amazon Prime Membership.
    Select Manage, select Update, Cancel and More, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: Paid members who haven't placed an order using the benefits of Amazon Prime are eligible for a full refund. Paying members who have only used Amazon Prime delivery benefits may be eligible for a partial refund. If the other benefits (Prime Video, Prime Music, or Prime Gaming) have been used, members aren't eligible for a refund

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=cu_sic3_dyk_cancel_prime_hp_200421650?nodeId=200421650

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17042 on: April 19, 2022, 12:37:04 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17043 on: April 20, 2022, 08:23:00 am »
This is what it says in their Help pages:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=cu_sic3_dyk_cancel_prime_hp_200421650?nodeId=200421650
UPDATE, I went on Amazon last night and instead of cancelling Prime I thought I would click on "contact us" and had a chat with someone who identified himself as Patrick who was an extremely nice / helpful guy who sorta convinced me to stick with Prime.  He gave me a £10 Amazon gift card for the inconvenience.   :) 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17044 on: April 20, 2022, 09:48:33 am »
Any electricians...or just more competent people than me...

Our kitchen light is one of those you push in to turn on, with a dimmer you can turn. More and more it’s not turning on when you push it in (no jokes please). Eventually it comes in when you push it enough times. I’ve taken the round ‘button’ off but don’t know if it’s a really simple thing that can be fixed or whether I need someone who knows what they’re doing to come and take a look. Any ideas?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17045 on: April 20, 2022, 10:50:22 am »
Sounds like you need to go and see a doctor mate.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17046 on: April 20, 2022, 11:37:09 am »
I'm expecting bonjela but......

We live out in the country and get a few mice, so we have mouse traps pretty much set up all the time in a few corners of a few rooms. We normally use cheese as bait, nothings happened for months and then last week I notice the cheese is gone from a couple of them without being set off. Put another couple of bits of cheese in...gone next day. Put another couple of bits of cheese in...gone next day. These are little bits of cheese where a mouse would have to climb right into the trap to get. I then put a bit of peanut butter in one and a bit of pate in the other....gone next day. Is this just some mouse gymnast, or could it be something else having off with the food without setting off the traps?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17047 on: April 20, 2022, 12:10:53 pm »
Any family members putting on some weight?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17048 on: April 20, 2022, 12:11:45 pm »
Any family members putting on some weight?

They all are but their fingers are too fat to pick cheese out of a mouse trap
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17049 on: April 20, 2022, 04:37:50 pm »

We live out in the country and get a few mice, so we have mouse traps pretty much set up all the time in a few corners of a few rooms. We normally use cheese as bait, nothings happened for months and then last week I notice the cheese is gone from a couple of them without being set off. Put another couple of bits of cheese in...gone next day. Put another couple of bits of cheese in...gone next day. These are little bits of cheese where a mouse would have to climb right into the trap to get. I then put a bit of peanut butter in one and a bit of pate in the other....gone next day. Is this just some mouse gymnast, or could it be something else having off with the food without setting off the traps?

Maybe the mice are still too small to set off the traps. Keep feeding them, and you'll get them?

Also are there any mice droppings? Or could put a light dusting of flour down to see if there are foot(paw?)steps.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17050 on: April 20, 2022, 04:49:12 pm »

Either they are too light as redbyrdz said or they are approaching the trap from the side. I now use humane traps and, after catching a big mouse, but then seeing the bait disappear, I had to stick a £1 coin on the little plate inside to weight it to assist in triggering the trap, as the mice where tiny - caught 4 little ones. When we had mice in Southport, I realised the mouse was coming to the trap from the side, so I blocked it so they had to approach from the front, that worked as I soon found a mouse with a caved in head in the trap.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #17051 on: April 20, 2022, 05:37:48 pm »

What traps are you using? When we have had mice in the past we used the sticky pad ones, regardless of size or acrobatic ability that should catch the little bastards.

Something like this:

https://www.pestcontrolsupermarket.com/pest-expert-mouse-glue-boards--glue-trap-sticky-mouse-traps-24-pack-92-p.asp
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17052 on: April 20, 2022, 05:39:22 pm »
What traps are you using? When we have had mice in the past we used the sticky pad ones, regardless of size or acrobatic ability that should catch the little bastards.

Something like this:

https://www.pestcontrolsupermarket.com/pest-expert-mouse-glue-boards--glue-trap-sticky-mouse-traps-24-pack-92-p.asp

What do you do with the mouse when you catch it, just smash its head in?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17053 on: April 20, 2022, 05:43:45 pm »
Any electricians...or just more competent people than me...

Our kitchen light is one of those you push in to turn on, with a dimmer you can turn. More and more it’s not turning on when you push it in (no jokes please). Eventually it comes in when you push it enough times. I’ve taken the round ‘button’ off but don’t know if it’s a really simple thing that can be fixed or whether I need someone who knows what they’re doing to come and take a look. Any ideas?

This type?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BG-Electrical-NBS81P-Single-Brushed/dp/B007CVCW2E/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=Light+Dimmer+Switches&qid=1650471370&sr=8-3

If it's been used for years,  just replace the switch.   Not expensive and easy. 

If you're replacing with a similar model to the current one...

Turn off the mains,  unscrew the old switch cover,  take a pic of the wiring,  double check the wires are not live with a test pen,  then unscrew to remove old and install new.

Pretend to the wife it was a lot more work and very complicated.

Just be careful and extra sure that the mains is off,  no current running through it as you work.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 05:47:45 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17054 on: April 20, 2022, 05:50:33 pm »

Also 100% pretend it's still live and start screaming like you're being fried.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17055 on: April 20, 2022, 05:53:09 pm »
Also 100% pretend it's still live and start screaming like you're being fried.

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17056 on: April 20, 2022, 05:54:03 pm »
This type?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BG-Electrical-NBS81P-Single-Brushed/dp/B007CVCW2E/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=Light+Dimmer+Switches&qid=1650471370&sr=8-3

If it's been used for years,  just replace the switch.   Not expensive and easy. 

If you're replacing with a similar model to the current one...

Turn off the mains,  unscrew the old switch cover,  take a pic of the wiring,  double check the wires are not live with a test pen,  then unscrew to remove old and install new.

Just be careful and extra sure that the mains is off,  no current running through it as you work.

Mains?...

Thanks, and he’s, that’s the type of switch. I’ll give it a go, if I suddenly stop posting on here you’ll no why.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17057 on: April 20, 2022, 06:06:12 pm »
Mains?...

Thanks, and he’s, that’s the type of switch. I’ll give it a go, if I suddenly stop posting on here you’ll no why.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lCQqzFkO2xg

The big switch at the right.  Usually,  if the switches are labeled,  turning off 'lights'  should suffice.  But since you're trying this first time,  be safer and turn the main switch off.  After that,  nothing electrical in the house should work till you turn it back on.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17058 on: April 20, 2022, 06:08:38 pm »
just throw the whole thing in the bin.

unless you want to feed any of the local cats.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #17059 on: April 20, 2022, 06:14:06 pm »

Something like this:

What a fucking weird trap that is. Would never use that... ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17060 on: April 20, 2022, 06:20:12 pm »
What a fucking weird trap that is. Would never use that... ;D
they are pretty effective actually.  just keep pets or crawling infants away !  :)

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17061 on: April 20, 2022, 06:50:06 pm »

Yup. A flip flop over the head does the job.
Thinking is overrated.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17062 on: April 20, 2022, 06:53:04 pm »
just throw the whole thing in the bin.

unless you want to feed any of the local cats.

No, you have to kill it, would be incredibly inhumane to leave it struggling stuck to the paper, the squeaking when they get stuck is pretty grim.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17063 on: April 20, 2022, 06:54:58 pm »
Fucking hell that looks savage!

Just these

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #17064 on: April 20, 2022, 07:03:38 pm »
they are pretty effective actually.

Yeah, especially if you want to talk to the mouse you've caught or cuddle with it... ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17065 on: April 20, 2022, 07:42:08 pm »
Fucking hell that looks savage!

Just these

I use these. I then release the mouse in the local park.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17066 on: April 20, 2022, 10:17:35 pm »
I just delegate the mouse catching jobs to the resident expert.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17067 on: April 21, 2022, 02:37:14 am »
We had a mouse issue once and used humane traps but never caught a single one; meanwhile their numbers kept increasing the fucking fucking-all-day- getting-more-than-I-were bastards.

Had to resort to old fashioned Tom and Jerry traps and that got rid of the lot in a few days. Put them close to the wall so that they run along the wall and onto the trap. Cheese isn't the best bait in my experience. Chocolate is good but Peanut Butter is the absolute number one bait. Gets them everytime, they find it irresistable.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17068 on: April 21, 2022, 10:00:26 am »
We had a mouse issue once and used humane traps but never caught a single one; meanwhile their numbers kept increasing the fucking fucking-all-day- getting-more-than-I-were bastards.

Had to resort to old fashioned Tom and Jerry traps and that got rid of the lot in a few days. Put them close to the wall so that they run along the wall and onto the trap. Cheese isn't the best bait in my experience. Chocolate is good but Peanut Butter is the absolute number one bait. Gets them everytime, they find it irresistable.

In the winter we had loads, probably about 4 days in a row we caught them with cheese bait and putting the traps along the walls. But thats what we're doing now and every day, the baits gone or is untouched. I put a bit of nutella in one and peanut butter in the other last night, this morning nothing. I'll guarantee if I put cheese back in....it'll be gone without setting the trap off. I'm starting to think its one of those animal ghosts I mocked on here a few years ago, tormenting me by taking the cheese as punishment for killing him last year.

Just ordered one of them Rob :thumbup Better for my karma if I'm not killing the little shits.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17069 on: April 21, 2022, 10:13:22 am »
In the winter we had loads, probably about 4 days in a row we caught them with cheese bait and putting the traps along the walls. But thats what we're doing now and every day, the baits gone or is untouched. I put a bit of nutella in one and peanut butter in the other last night, this morning nothing. I'll guarantee if I put cheese back in....it'll be gone without setting the trap off. I'm starting to think its one of those animal ghosts I mocked on here a few years ago, tormenting me by taking the cheese as punishment for killing him last year.

Just ordered one of them Rob :thumbup Better for my karma if I'm not killing the little shits.

Make sure you stick a pound coin to the trigger plate, that will mean that even baby mice will trigger the trap. I found peanut butter was the best bait - the smell must really attract them.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #17070 on: April 23, 2022, 04:02:11 pm »
Looking for somewhere close enough to walk to match at Anfield to have Sunday lunch before the game.  Was thinking of the Toby Carvery Queens drive but don’t really like the walk after (over 2 miles). Could park car up near ground and get taxi to the Toby but am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.  Thanks

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #17071 on: April 23, 2022, 04:07:13 pm »
I have registered domains in the idea of furthering my personal music career

I don't want to be ripped off. I'm IT clever but don't have time to build a website

Where can I go to pay for a fair service to make my reasonable website design ideas reality?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17072 on: April 24, 2022, 09:31:23 am »
Make sure you stick a pound coin to the trigger plate, that will mean that even baby mice will trigger the trap. I found peanut butter was the best bait - the smell must really attract them.

It was a shrew

You need pest killing expert adding to you CT ;)

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #17073 on: April 24, 2022, 11:01:26 am »
Anyone know why the Holy Trinity Church  on Breck Road by the Cabbage bell rings 37 times  at around 10.35 and then again at 10.50 another 39 times?
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #17074 on: April 24, 2022, 03:08:45 pm »
It was a shrew
Have you tamed it, called it Kate and kissed it?

Last shrew I saw was hanging out an owl's mouth
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17075 on: April 25, 2022, 03:45:20 am »
Have you tamed it, called it Kate and kissed it?

Last shrew I saw was hanging out an owl's mouth

aka 'Hodgsoning'
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #17076 on: April 26, 2022, 10:43:26 am »
I’m not one to jinx things, but seeing as everyone else talks about the quadruple anyway (I’m happy either the League or the CL), if we had a parade would it be the day after the CL final? Especially as it’s our first League title parade in decades. If we lost the CL final, I doubt anyone would want to turn up the next day to celebrate the League or fa cup/league cup double. But after that, it’s June and the players will be off by then. With the next weekend a 4 day bank holiday.

Even if we win everything except the league, our last match would be May 28th. If so, a shame it’s on a jubilee year as the next Monday after a parade would of been a bank holiday.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 10:47:26 am by Lynx the saucy mynx »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17077 on: April 26, 2022, 10:51:48 am »
If we get to the final and win the league, I'd expect a parade to be after the final. I doubt we'd be doing a parade with the final still to play, and then another parade if we were to win the European Cup.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #17078 on: April 26, 2022, 12:17:44 pm »
If we get to the final and win the league, I'd expect a parade to be after the final. I doubt we'd be doing a parade with the final still to play, and then another parade if we were to win the European Cup.

I just can’t see the mood as good as 2019 going to a parade for the league the day after losing a CL final. Lets hope that isn’t a problem. It will feel downbeat less than 24 hours after the loss. I hope I’m wrong.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17079 on: May 3, 2022, 06:30:21 pm »
the safety tech in today's cars is great imo - blind spot cameras, etc etc.

I wonder to what extent it's being installed on artics (for those in the UK) or tractor-trailers (for those in N America)?  is it being retrofitted at all, or just new models?

drivers of those vehicles must surely benefit from the extra visibility / warnings etc.

anyone know?