Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047286 times)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #9880 on: December 7, 2022, 08:08:11 pm »
Sutton complains and moans, while spending half the time commenting on unrelated things that have nothing to do with the game. Upson has been quite good. I'm surprised he hasn't been picked up to do more TV stuff. Nevin and Rob Green are alright as well

Is that Alistair Bruce Ball? Awful commentator, one of the loudmouths/banter boys who has nothing to say who'll inevitably end up on TV like all the other shite there.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9881 on: December 8, 2022, 02:36:08 am »
Is that Alistair Bruce Ball? Awful commentator, one of the loudmouths/banter boys who has nothing to say who'll inevitably end up on TV like all the other shite there.

Yes. I believe they are paired together

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9882 on: December 8, 2022, 05:37:33 am »
Not somebody who really gets mentioned on here, but with his latest comments, Ruud Gullit joins the clueless gobshite ranks of pundits spouting idiocy with his claims that Alisson always has a mistake in him and he'd prefer Ederson over him for Brazil. Ignoring the point that he is wrong for a moment, having a mistake in you would be fine when it is also accompanied by many, many saves unlike Ederson who rarely saves anything when the protection that city usually provide him breaks down.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9883 on: December 8, 2022, 10:05:42 am »
Rene Mullenstein on radio this morning being asked about Ronaldo and would he pick him for the quarter finals. Completely dodged the question but said he would not want to be the manager of Portugal right now. Why on earth not? They're coming off the back of their best performance in the competition and in with a real shout of being wordld champion. Strange comment. Managers are the boss of teams, not Ronaldo.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9884 on: December 8, 2022, 10:34:19 am »
Rene Mullenstein on radio this morning being asked about Ronaldo and would he pick him for the quarter finals. Completely dodged the question but said he would not want to be the manager of Portugal right now. Why on earth not? They're coming off the back of their best performance in the competition and in with a real shout of being wordld champion. Strange comment. Managers are the boss of teams, not Ronaldo.

Depends on whether or not the Portuguese media and people are as mental as ours. Not watching the W/C, but the result the other night seems to suggest the are better without he who fannies about and dives around, but if he keeps the same side, which I would based on what I've heard, and they go out, he could get untold shit.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9885 on: December 8, 2022, 11:19:30 am »
Depends on whether or not the Portuguese media and people are as mental as ours. Not watching the W/C, but the result the other night seems to suggest the are better without he who fannies about and dives around, but if he keeps the same side, which I would based on what I've heard, and they go out, he could get untold shit.

Yeah that's true he could. But reports are that Ronaldo has been utterly shit when he has played. What an opportunity for a manager though. Quarter final against Morocco.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9886 on: December 9, 2022, 09:03:32 pm »

Keown apparently having another stormer tonight - Argentina v Netherlands...

Martin Keown: “it’s a yellow card for Ake. “I don’t know what for, but the referee will know”.

“Almost the whole of Argentina are in here tonight!” - all 45 million of them in an 88000 seater. Sure Martin, sure - maybe if you talk to the FIFA match attendance guy, sure...

;D
« Last Edit: December 9, 2022, 09:05:15 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9887 on: December 9, 2022, 09:07:59 pm »
Mate, he criticised Virj for having a poor record of goals for Holland. Am an who scored no more than 2 goals in his career.  ;D

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #9888 on: December 9, 2022, 09:19:40 pm »
Known keeps saying Holland. But Holland is a region of the Netherlands.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9889 on: December 9, 2022, 09:24:52 pm »

Wow really? I still call them Holland. Why were they ever referred to as Holland?

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9890 on: December 9, 2022, 09:28:35 pm »
Wow really? I still call them Holland. Why were they ever referred to as Holland?

Not sure, but my mate lives there and he told me this. Surprised me as well.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9891 on: December 9, 2022, 09:30:01 pm »
Keown throwing the production crew under the bus there saying they make them sound good.

To be fair that's an impossible job in his case

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9892 on: December 9, 2022, 10:21:51 pm »
Keown said, 'Holland or The Netherlands as we are now allowed call them' I didn't realise there was a ban on calling them The Netherlands!

The BBC really have the worst pundits and co-commentators at this world cup.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9893 on: December 9, 2022, 11:33:00 pm »
It was historically the main (i.e richest, most powerful) region of The Netherlands. It's like how some people abroad call the UK 'England'.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9894 on: December 9, 2022, 11:35:41 pm »

Van Dijk calls them Holland, so i’m happy calling them either!!

Keown constantly chats crap, but at least he is willing to accept when he has got something wrong after a replay
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #9895 on: December 10, 2022, 07:15:49 am »
Don’t mind Pat Nevin and McCoist.

Would like to load a cannon with shit and fire it at Richards, Tyler, Neville and Lineker
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9896 on: December 10, 2022, 08:20:19 am »

Would like to load a cannon with shit and fire it at Richards, Tyler, Neville and Lineker

Save a bit of shit for Jenas.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9897 on: December 10, 2022, 11:19:35 am »
I don't actually mind Lineker. Got a quite relaxed presenting style which I find ok. Everyone else that has been named though deffo. And throw in Clinton Morrison.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9898 on: December 10, 2022, 01:50:30 pm »
let us know when the tickets go on sale.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9899 on: December 10, 2022, 10:50:43 pm »
Keown is dreadful. He just talks bullox constantly. England have gone backwards in this tournament but went forward.  Argentina Penalty was straight down the middle even though if went right in the corner of the net. Same game really in the balance with both teams even but a corner comes and its all one way traffic now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9900 on: December 11, 2022, 12:55:20 am »

Richards is atrocious, as is Jenas, Murphy, Keown and Shearer, if Neville could be objective when talking about "Manch'ster United" he'd be OK as he offers decent analysis, Carragher is also a joke.

I tend to favour the pundits that actually sound as if they like football, such as Ally McCoist, he's brilliant.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9901 on: December 11, 2022, 02:33:13 am »
Mccoist is hands down the best pundit by a country mile.
Ian Wright is tidy, clearly has a soft spot for us.

Laura woods I like as a host too.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9902 on: December 11, 2022, 05:51:33 am »

Crucial thing with both of these two is that they manage to convey their enjoyment of football while not treating the job of pundit/commentator as if it is some kind of chore rather than the massive privilege it is. They both also seem to recognise their own strengths and limitations so they tend to speak with authority on the areas they know better rather than trying to fake it across all aspects of the game like some.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #9903 on: December 11, 2022, 05:06:55 pm »

Laura woods I like as a host too.
Having met, had a few bevvies and spent a few hours playing golf with McCoist, what you see/hear is what you get with him. Genuine fella.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=271441.msg8253216#msg8253216

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9904 on: December 11, 2022, 09:33:36 pm »
Sam Materface didn't hang about getting stuck into Kane did he with his we needed a Linekar but git Chris Waddle line. Also heard Robbie Savage on 606 just refusing to talk about Ronaldo or answer questions about him. Very professional

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9905 on: December 11, 2022, 09:35:57 pm »
Sam Materface didn't hang about getting stuck into Kane did he with his we needed a Linekar but git Chris Waddle line. Also heard Robbie Savage on 606 just refusing to talk about Ronaldo or answer questions about him. Very professional
Robbie Savage and a fair few of the empty-headed quims have been stealing a living for a fair few years now, and will continue to do so in the future.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9906 on: December 11, 2022, 09:43:02 pm »
Robbie Savage and a fair few of the empty-headed quims have been stealing a living for a fair few years now, and will continue to do so in the future.

I'm not a big fan of Chris Sutton either to be honest, but he always puts Savage on the spot when it comes to anything linked to Man Utd or their players. Savage either ignores the question or tries to poke fun at either Sutton or the caller. BBC are ok with it I guess so he'll keep doing it

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9907 on: December 11, 2022, 09:52:06 pm »
I'm not a big fan of Chris Sutton either to be honest, but he always puts Savage on the spot when it comes to anything linked to Man Utd or their players. Savage either ignores the question or tries to poke fun at either Sutton or the caller. BBC are ok with it I guess so he'll keep doing it
Che Neville is the same when it comes to discussing all things Yernited, unless it's about their owners.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9908 on: December 11, 2022, 09:57:49 pm »

Savage son is at United he will not say anything negative whilst he is there.

Neville is far more dangerous as people actually believe he is top notch pundit he isnt and over the last month he has really made himself look stupid

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9909 on: December 11, 2022, 09:57:58 pm »
Che Neville is the same when it comes to discussing all things Yernited, unless it's about their owners.

Indeed. He has quite a bit to say then doesn't he. Him and his money is ruining football and his give managers time hypocrisy. You can understand to a point Savage not getting stuck into Utd when his son is there but even on topics that are not even up for debate he won't speak. 2 in particular when he refuses to say Ronaldo has been unprofessional and disrespectful, and when he refused to admit Harry Maguire was playing bad in the season.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9910 on: December 12, 2022, 09:52:35 am »

Somebody being willing to be critical of Kane does make a change, just look at the sort of headlines that were in the papers the next day about lionhearts etc and contrast it with the amount of stick the lads who missed in the Euros got.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9911 on: December 12, 2022, 01:42:14 pm »
Somebody being willing to be critical of Kane does make a change, just look at the sort of headlines that were in the papers the next day about lionhearts etc and contrast it with the amount of stick the lads who missed in the Euros got.
how much abuse is Kane getting on social media?  none, I imagine ....

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9912 on: December 12, 2022, 05:11:51 pm »
Oh look. Mills being an aggressive dickhead for a change.

https://youtu.be/F1_AI9V7q_U

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #9913 on: December 13, 2022, 12:31:14 pm »
Oh look. Mills being an aggressive dickhead for a change.

https://youtu.be/F1_AI9V7q_U

mills is awful - so arrogant, can't stand him.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9914 on: December 13, 2022, 02:33:05 pm »
mills is awful - so arrogant, can't stand him.
Thick as pig shit as well. But I suppose he's in good company with the other thickos.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9915 on: December 14, 2022, 10:04:32 pm »
Rio Ferdinand the latest to trot out the old "yous strikers are all selfish" line in the studio, followed by a chorus of har har har's.  Tell you what, after listening to Micah Richards preview of the final when he was asked for it, can't wait now. It depends on which France and Argentina team turn up. And Messi and Mbappe will be key to their side winning.
Followed by Julien Laurens showing how its done, talking about why France miss Rabiot and why Camivenga isn't playing and how Konate gives more than Upimecano.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9916 on: December 14, 2022, 11:14:39 pm »
Rio Ferdinand the latest to trot out the old "yous strikers are all selfish" line in the studio, followed by a chorus of har har har's.  Tell you what, after listening to Micah Richards preview of the final when he was asked for it, can't wait now. It depends on which France and Argentina team turn up. And Messi and Mbappe will be key to their side winning.
Followed by Julien Laurens showing how its done, talking about why France miss Rabiot and why Camivenga isn't playing and how Konate gives more than Upimecano.

It all depends o who plays best and scores more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Job done.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9917 on: December 16, 2022, 05:02:07 am »
Karen Karney is the most annoying

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9918 on: December 18, 2022, 10:42:48 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #9919 on: December 18, 2022, 11:32:29 am »
https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/1604144328997490691

A Tim Sherwood classic.
Let it sink in that this man earned millions as a football manager.