Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 12:25:10 am »
When We Were Young
Adele
Young Hearts Run Free - Candi Staton
Oh my golly! Here comes your man.Where is my mind?

Bet he will keep Allison, and players fit winterlong.

Vamos!
The Boozer / Re: Happiest man alive
« Last post by Buck Pete on Today at 12:21:47 am »
The Boozer / Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Last post by Buck Pete on Today at 12:20:28 am »
John Aldridge has been pushing them as well.

Saw Aldo in Bergamo last week.  Had a chat with him and shook his hand.  SUPERB!

He didn't try and flog me any CBD Gummies though :(
I don't really see what's wrong with Slot being honest about what he wants and what is clearly very likely to happen. I would imagine he has agreed terms already and we are prepared to pay whatever it takes (in a reasonable way) to get him. Feyenoord are not going to ask for silly money, it's just about finding the right amount for both sides. Their season is done and it's clear that Klopp is leaving. So, him letting it be known what he wants to do next, is a positive in my view. Don't really see how it would be better had he just given a noncommittal answer and tomorrow or in a couple of days the deal is officially done.

I’m not that arsed to be honest as he’s not manager here yet but to play the other side I think you just need to replace Rodgers saying that, how would you feel as a fan?

“I believe that Liverpool will let me join Real Madrid as it would be a massive step for me”.

“There are negotiations ongoing between clubs, I’m here waiting… I’m happy at Liverpool but #Real would be a fantastic opportunity for me”.

Can’t see that going down well to be fair  ;D
Plus the fact Amorim has done it twice now by the looks of things after a 20 year drought, and against two big rivals not while Ajax are having an aneurism.

That too, I don’t think Slots achievements are quite on par, Van Bronckhorst won the league title with Feynoord in 2016, Sporting hadn’t won a league since 2001-2 before Amorim.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Last post by Buck Pete on Today at 12:17:16 am »
Mid August for us going back to Crete

Another shout for Crete here.  Going the first week of August with the grandkids and stuff.

Can't wait.
His enthusiasm and bravery to take this job is admirable. He must be confident in his own abilities to follow Klopp. Failing at jobs like Liverpool can shape your career. Rodgers will never manage a top club in a competitive league again, when ten Hag gets sacked you won’t see many clamouring for his signature. Even Unai Emery seems to be weighed down by his stint at Arsenal despite what he’s doing with Villa. Going further back you’ve seen the likes of de Boer and Villas-Boas not get a sniff at a top club after a single bad stint.

Come to think of it aside from Arteta, who was the last manager to make a step up like this successfully?
I think it’s as simple as people respect the quality of the Portuguese league more than they do the Dutch league, and rightly  so.

Plus the fact Amorim has done it twice now by the looks of things after a 20 year drought, and against two big rivals not while Ajax are having an aneurism.
Although I’m in favour of this, one thing that did cross my mind is what happens to tourists? If an 18 year old smoker comes here in a few years will they not be able to smoke? Could that harm things like tourism in the future as the age at which you can smoke increases and foreign smokers can’t smoke while they are here?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10