Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: Lionel Messi
« Last post by Frostymo, laaaaa! on Today at 08:27:50 am »
He's bullet-proof.

Should be suspended for those comments.

He's got a point though. Even by PL standards he's a dreadful referee. But he always gets big games for some reason.
Has the team prospered?

Just to be clear, are you suggesting Bobby has been a problem for us this season…? We’d be about 16th if we’d jettisoned him in the summer like a few wanted.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC Squad - World Cup Break
« Last post by keyop on Today at 08:26:41 am »
I was shocked to learn that Brazil went out today... I don't know how the WC is going, not seen a fucking minute of it, but it's been good for Liverpool so far for the reasons you said. One or two more will be guaranteed to be back tomorrow, what's not to like about the WC?!...
It's certainly going well for us so far. Nunez, Virgil, Ali and Fab all coming home, Trent and Hendo not getting too many minutes, and Konate playing an average of 50% of games. No injuries yet either...

I think England will get outclassed tonight and Mbappe will rip the defence to pieces. Hopefully Trent and Hendo are on a plane home tomorrow, and I think we'll get a France vs Argentina final.

I know many have downgraded their expectations to getting top 4 and going for the cups, but we really have no idea what this 6 weeks will do for each team's rhythm, fitness, fatigue, or team cohesion. It sounds like Jurgen is (typically) focusing on team bonding, communication, and tactics as much as fitness - all things which he knows how to embed better than anyone. City still have Cancelo, Dias, Silva, Grealish, Philips, Foden, Stones, Walker, and Alvarez out there, and even if they don't play every game, they're not with the City squad and will all get less rest than over 90% of our players. Also, being coached by different managers using different tactics and fitness programmes is fine during a summer tournament, but I think it could be disruptive mid-season.

As we've seen in previous years, it only takes a couple of results for the tide to turn, and we've chased down bigger gaps before to challenge for titles. Not getting carried away, but if we get a midfielder in January and reintegrate Jota/Diaz as soon as possible, then it's still game on as far as I'm concerned.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?
« Last post by Snail on Today at 08:23:23 am »
Little photo I took on our last evening in HCMC, which sadly was also our last night in Vietnam.

From start to finish, we had the best time imaginable. The cities, the countryside, the food and most importantly the people were just… I can’t even describe it. We loved every single second and we can’t fucking wait to go back.

Couple of points. As we’d never holidayed outside of Europe before, and because it was our honeymoon, we did it through a travel agent. Two and a half weeks for a little over £3,000, including flights and a few days in an all inclusive posh hotel in Phu Quoc. If - and hopefully when - we go back, we’ll do it ourselves. There were just some small annoyances, like them booking us on the last flight out of Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh which basically lost us a day in the city, the flight was a little delayed so we didn’t even check into the hotel until past midnight. We also looked up the prices for some stuff they’d included in the package and… yeah, we could have done it cheaper.

Second point. Christ, it’s cheap there. We took £1,500 to spend between the two of us and we were having to go out of our way to spend money, to the point where we rapidly started feeling a bit bad about it. If you go - and you should! - tip well, don’t be a mingebag. Rules for life in general, but especially there.

Siri, how do I move to Vietnam?

Edit: And please, please, please go the War Remnants Museum.
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Last post by AndyInVA on Today at 08:22:28 am »
First day off and dont have to go back to work till January. I rarely do less than a 55 hour week and am worn out.

Just been for a walk and I cant feel my fingers and it's great, can now do fuck all for 3 weeks. One of the few advantages to being on your own.

All the best to my fellow reds on here.

nice one mate. enjoy it, hope you find something nice to do
General Football and Sport / Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 08:21:51 am »
I'd take a wild stab in the dark, at their ability to go onto a football field and play football to a pretty good level if they are available. But that's just me.

Or you mean the inability of a few of them not to get onto the football field.
General Football and Sport / Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Last post by Nitramdorf on Today at 08:20:19 am »
Don’t mind Pat Nevin and McCoist.

Would like to load a cannon with shit and fire it at Richards, Tyler, Neville and Lineker

Save a bit of shit for Jenas.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Roberto Firmino
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 08:19:08 am »
The lack of respect to Bobby is unacceptable.
His game has adapted and as a result he has prospered.
A heavily incentivised contract to keep a fine player and a huge character in the team makes lots of sense.

Has the team prospered?
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Last post by Nitramdorf on Today at 08:16:08 am »
First day off and dont have to go back to work till January. I rarely do less than a 55 hour week and am worn out.

Just been for a walk and I cant feel my fingers and it's great, can now do fuck all for 3 weeks. One of the few advantages to being on your own.

All the best to my fellow reds on here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10