Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
General Football and Sport / Re: World Cup 2022 - Qatar
« Last post by Dim Glas on Today at 01:28:39 pm »
Don't think Kenny is defending it being in Qatar at all, or even the laws over there, has he actually said that anywhere?

excactly this. Unfair to say he has really.

He’s just been honest about the fact he’ll be watching it. Reasonably sure many from RAWK will be!

« Last post by Kenny's Jacket on Today at 01:28:34 pm »
He's been very quick to slate a few posters, me included, for saying they'll be boycotting it. To me that translates as he's defending it. Everyone else is entitled to take it a different way as they please.

does it Barney ?

I point out that posters comfotable to watch when  Qatar hosted the CWC when Liverpool were in it.

Thats very different from your untrue, unfounded, petty accusation.   :wave

The Boozer / Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Last post by ToneLa on Today at 01:27:24 pm »
5 vaccines?  Seriously?  At what point do you stop?  I’ve had 3 and not getting anymore. If they aren’t effective after that then no point getting more in my opinion.

they run out of effienciency, it's a top up - behave mate, they're not "not effective". Top ups.

I've had a flu jab every year for at least the last 15 years. Where does that end? Ah, nobody asks that - cause flu doesn't have (many) conspiracy theorists obsessed about it

IF ONLY the covid jab put you under government control. I want an anarchist state. Maybe today's jab will be the one that turns me around  ;D
News and Current Affairs / Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Last post by thaddeus on Today at 01:25:48 pm »
I'm on a few forums for cyclists where there are a lot of Americans. There are frequent gofundme calls for when someone got hit by a car. Even if you have health insurance in the US, it might not cover the costs if you end up in hospitalnin a different state, or if the hospital doesn't belong to a certain company.
Also costs are insanely high in the US, many times more what you'd pay privately in the UK. I read one story of a guy whose twins were born a bit prematurely, and one of them had Down's. He was billed $1.2 million for the birth.

That being said, the US healthcare system is surely the worst out there, and its maybe not a fair comparison. Countries like Germany and Japan have mixed public/private systems, and have more affordable costs. But then again, France has fully public healthcare afaik (my French colleague keeps saying how its the best in the world), and would probably the best comparison for the NHS. By that, its clear the NHS is massively underfunded. (As if we didn't know that.)
The French system is a mix of public and private but it's better integrated than the UK.  The private is supposed to compliment the public rather than compete with it.  The way it was explained to me by my wife is that patients may get referred to private services if that's the most appropriate thing to do but that they wouldn't necessarily know the difference.

They spend about 1% of GDP more on healthcare than the UK (11% against 10%) but arguably get very good value for that extra 1%.

The US system is utterly dysfunctional for everyone bar shareholders and those with full insurance coverage (i.e. high earners).  Nobody really would advocate that system based on evidence unless they had a vested interest.
The Boozer / Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Last post by ToneLa on Today at 01:25:30 pm »
I'm not 40 for another year but with bad asthma so I'm getting me covid today

hope it rolls out soon for all you good people

Missed my flu jab as I was, ironically, too sick - but can pick that bastard up easy even if I have to pay
« Last post by Barneylfc∗ on Today at 01:24:35 pm »
Don't think Kenny is defending it being in Qatar at all, or even the laws over there, has he actually said that anywhere?

He's been very quick to slate a few posters, me included, for saying they'll be boycotting it. To me that translates as he's defending it. Everyone else is entitled to take it a different way as they please.
European Away forum / Re: Rangers away selling details
« Last post by Barry Banana on Today at 01:23:59 pm »
Our group have not had royal mail email or tickets and were down to collect.
Just had email to say we longer have to collect and will be posted.

No email here. Presume still down to collect. Made plans around collecting now so might be better than worrying about post turning up at now short notice.
General Football and Sport / Re: Boxing thread
« Last post by Legs on Today at 01:23:53 pm »
Ah FFS, when is he ever going to fight someone decent? Fighting low level fighters continuously and will probably never be ready to challenge for a title because he is learning fuck all in these pointless mismatches. Browne got a surprise early KO win against Junior Fa but is only a couple of fights removed from being KO'd in 1 by 41-year old Paul Gallen.

Just saw that the BBB of C won't sanction the fight. Should be a wake-up call when your team is choosing opponents so unsuited to ring action that boxing authorities won't sanction the fucking fight!

Warren special he bigged him up for a while and got hammered by Joyce.

He thought he was going to be his AJ ironically and now lines him up with rubbish.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Last post by reddebs on Today at 01:23:43 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/port-liverpool-jobs-lost-extremely-25202913#source=breaking-news

Jobs will be lost at the Port of Liverpool due to  "an increasing decline in the movement of containerised cargo for Liverpool over the last few months"

Could also be down to the continued strike action at the port but also brexit

There's been far fewer boats at anchor in the bay we overlook this summer compared to last.
Each to their own taste, but I’m not sure this warrants ridicule as such from all. Is it really such a bad idea?
Yes, it’s City of course, and once this display stops, their atmosphere is still crap, but this ‘light show’ is used in many sports now, and I think it can enhance the atmosphere.

I have certainly watched it at major Athletics finals, particularly when announcing the finalists, where the stadium goes completely dark, before having the spotlight on the runners, and I think it looks terrific.

A lot of football clubs do it too. I think the Atletico one is great – AC/DC Thunder I think.

As I said, each to their own taste, but I personally think it would look great at Anfield along with an iconic upbeat track. It is after all, only an ‘opening ceremony’, the atmosphere after it is over is what it’s all about, but I certainly believe the two can work alongside each other?

;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10