Author Topic: Liverpool v Huddersfield Town - Friday 8PM  (Read 32186 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: Liverpool v Huddersfield Town - Friday 8PM
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2019, 10:58:21 pm »
But why?  We'll probably need none of them between now and the end.  We only have 5 possibly six games left.  The rotation in the winter months plus warm weather breaks were done for THIS, here and now.

Go with the same strongest team every game unless someone is obviously injured (ie Fab the other day at Cardiff)

Rhythm is key and I don't want that back 4 messed with as it's been great.

more about not having the players, such as our FB's, dead on their feet against Barca/Wolves. Also about having a Gomez or Lovren with at least some minutes in their legs if a CB goes down.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2019, 11:32:49 pm »
more about not having the players, such as our FB's, dead on their feet against Barca/Wolves. Also about having a Gomez or Lovren with at least some minutes in their legs if a CB goes down.

Dead on their feet?  Dead on their feet?  Young, very fit athletes are going to be 'dead on their feet' after doing the job expected of them?  Your mental tariff relating to physical fitness is on a different till roll to what's SAP for professional footballers. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2019, 11:55:42 pm »
Dead on their feet?  Dead on their feet?  Young, very fit athletes are going to be 'dead on their feet' after doing the job expected of them?  Your mental tariff relating to physical fitness is on a different till roll to what's SAP for professional footballers. 

You're right, there is absolutely no such thing as fatigue and therefor there is absolutely no chance it can result in a drop in performance. As was witnessed on the weekend when Trent didn't lose 4 footraces after being dribbled around by an agricultural winger.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2019, 04:47:25 am »
Bloody hell.. these previews are coming quicker than I can say preview..  ;D

But that's a good thing right now.. need the distraction from constantly thinking about the title race and where City fuck up.. OH WAIT..  ???
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2019, 04:49:29 am »
Those weeks in Dubai and Spain we had when we were dumped out the cups, everyone was saying will benefit us - if not now, then when?

Strongest team every game while its all still up for grabs.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2019, 04:58:14 am »
Huddersfield lost by 3 and 4 goals to Leicester and Spurs, but they've been losing by a goal most other games of late. If we can open them early and but a boatload of goals to match City's, we might be able to open up a cushioning in the title race. If City lose tomorrow and win all others, and we draw one game and win the rest, it will come to goal difference or goals scored. But if City doesn't lose, it's a moot point.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2019, 06:51:05 am »
Come on Redmen!!
I agree with the calls to rest Robbo with Milner slotting in. As Jordi Alba is so strong I wonder if Gomez right back against Barca away is possible, meaning Trent plays this. Usual midfield rotation and go hard until we have a comfortable lead.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2019, 07:39:39 am »
Come on Redmen!!
I agree with the calls to rest Robbo with Milner slotting in. As Jordi Alba is so strong I wonder if Gomez right back against Barca away is possible, meaning Trent plays this. Usual midfield rotation and go hard until we have a comfortable lead.

Thats probably why he won't play. He has been out for a long time. I'd stick with Trent, personally.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2019, 07:41:54 am »
Start with a strong side.  If we can go a few goals up then there's plenty of room for the likes of Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge to come on and add to the tally.  They tend to do well against sides that have already been broken.

I think Huddersfield already are broken. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them start. Probably Origi and maybe Shaqiri.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2019, 09:22:59 am »
Thats probably why he won't play. He has been out for a long time. I'd stick with Trent, personally.

Yeah.  In fact if you're looking to get Gomez some match fitness you'd probably play him in this game, with an eye to featuring against Barca in the second leg.  That way Trent gets a rest for the CL.

I think Huddersfield already are broken. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them start. Probably Origi and maybe Shaqiri.

Well that's true certainly, but we've been sucker punched by relegated teams before.  Perhaps Origi will start and Bobby will be rested again, a la Porto?  Would like to see Mané and Salah start though, because I think there's goals in them for this match and I want their confidence sky high.  Firminho and Shaqiri could come on later to rotate some of the front line.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2019, 09:25:32 am »
Those weeks in Dubai and Spain we had when we were dumped out the cups, everyone was saying will benefit us - if not now, then when?

Strongest team every game while its all still up for grabs.
They already are benefitting us. Not many injuries, the players dont look tired, and we're still going at teams with minutes left on the clock.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2019, 09:40:58 am »
They already are benefitting us. Not many injuries, the players dont look tired, and we're still going at teams with minutes left on the clock.
This.

Definitely the fittest team in the league.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:03 am »
I suspect we'll make this more difficult than it needs to be, probably 0-0 at half time and then we'll ease away in the second half.

We don't tend to blow teams away these days but rather grind them down - in any case, a win is all that matters but I think city have a +6 GD on us so if we were to get 4 or 5 goals that could be very important as it's like having an extra point.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 11:44:04 am by Davidbowie »
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2019, 10:33:03 am »
Shouldn't be making too many changes, we need to keep our rhythm, we don't often play as well when we have too big of a break in between matches.

Agree entirely with this. A maximum of six games to play if we get to the final so play a strong side with maybe one or two changes.  What a great ride this has been. COYMR!!!
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2019, 03:13:34 pm »
We will absolutely batter these. They are an abysmal side. If it was City playing them would anyone harbour any concern? Settle the nerves chaps
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2019, 03:21:19 pm »
Just win. Nothing else matters.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2019, 03:48:22 pm »
I suspect we'll make this more difficult than it needs to be, probably 0-0 at half time and then we'll ease away in the second half.

We don't tend to blow teams away these days but rather grind them down - in any case, a win is all that matters but I think city have a +6 GD on us so if we were to get 4 or 5 goals that could be very important as it's like having an extra point.

Nah. They are utter shite. Look at their points total and goals scored/conceded. We should be battering them and I have no doubt that we will. That's not arrogance, it is based on all available information !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2019, 04:56:41 pm »
We will absolutely batter these. They are an abysmal side. If it was City playing them would anyone harbour any concern? Settle the nerves chaps

If City drop points tonight, I think so too. If City breeze through tonight, maybe it'll be more of a chore to beat them, but our quality will come through in the end.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2019, 05:00:38 pm »
City loss tonight and batter Huddersfield to get rid of the goal difference.  We could afford a draw at Newcastle off that.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2019, 05:05:37 pm »
20:00 Liverpool v Huddersfield

Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Matthew Wilkes
Fourth official: Paul Tierney

FFS

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2019, 05:10:50 pm »
City loss tonight and batter Huddersfield to get rid of the goal difference.  We could afford a draw at Newcastle off that.

I'll take that! ;D

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:56 pm »
Have we ever been 74 points ahead of a team we've played ever? That's a ludicrous point difference.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:38 pm »
Win.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2019, 10:01:27 pm »
Keep winning and asking the questions. 97 points
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2019, 10:04:23 pm »
I’d go

Mignolet

Hoever
Gomez
Lovren
Moreno

Milner
Hendo
Shaq

Sturridge
Origi
Brewster
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:12 pm »
Have we ever been 74 points ahead of a team we've played ever? That's a ludicrous point difference.

;D lol that is hilarious and outrageous in equal measure.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2019, 11:49:34 pm »
We just need to remember that no matter what city do, the only thing we can control is our final three games and if that's not enough then I'll be so proud either way.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2019, 11:59:54 pm »
I’d go

Mignolet

Hoever
Gomez
Lovren
Moreno

Milner
Hendo
Shaq

Sturridge
Origi
Brewster

Joke, no? This isnt the League Cup

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2019, 12:01:56 am »
Joke, no? This isnt the League Cup

Would still be good enough to beat Huddersfield.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2019, 12:08:16 am »
Would still be good enough to beat Huddersfield.

On paper yes, but I would rather go almost full strength bar a couple of players that could do with some rest and go for the win in the first half and cruise the second ala the Soton home-game. Ultimately I trust Klopp whatever approach or XI he employes, which feels great

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2019, 12:20:50 am »
I’d go

Mignolet

Hoever
Gomez
Lovren
Moreno

Milner
Hendo
Shaq

Sturridge
Origi
Brewster

1 point behind in a title race, and you'd do that. I hope you're fishing. :lmao
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2019, 12:22:20 am »
1 point behind in a title race, and you'd do that. I hope you're fishing. :lmao

Massively so :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2019, 12:22:47 am »
On paper yes, but I would rather go almost full strength bar a couple of players that could do with some rest and go for the win in the first half and cruise the second ala the Soton home-game. Ultimately I trust Klopp whatever approach or XI he employes, which feels great

We are obviously going in strong in this one. There is only 2 weeks of the season left now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2019, 12:22:52 am »
El Lobo has the highest success rate of winding you lot up and fishing :D

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2019, 12:23:13 am »
You know there's been some real shite posted on here recently when people take such obvious bait   :lmao
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2019, 12:33:40 am »
Can't wait for this match and to see the Reds in action once more

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2019, 12:35:54 am »
In the last game, Bobby, Mo and Sadio didn't score. Good luck keeping all three out two games in a row.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2019, 12:44:51 am »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2019, 12:57:22 am »
Win this, keep the pressure on.
Believer

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2019, 02:15:36 am »
I think we'll win a comfortable 2 or 3-0. We're not catching City on goals and it probably won't come down to GD anyway, so there's no point in going absolutely gung ho. Just win while keeping the pressure on City without overexerting ourselves. No injuries or knocks too would be perfect going into the semi with Barcelona.