Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 600872 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #4000 on: April 3, 2021, 02:32:21 pm »
No specific allegations against the Liverpool site but doesn't look good on how Six by Nico run their enterprise

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/union-row-with-six-by-nico-deepens-as-edinburgh-workers-become-latest-to-allege-mistreatment-3187898?amp

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: April 5, 2021, 04:23:32 pm »
A new South East Asian restaurant is opening called Mamasan, they have one other in Glasgow which seems highly regarded. It's located where Wahaca used to be, and is over the 3 floors that was.

Got booked in on the opening night, 21st May.

Thanks for heads up. Booked a table for June.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4002 on: April 14, 2021, 11:46:39 am »
New menu up for Six by Nico - The Circus.

Booking being taken for 18th May onwards to end of June. We’ve got in towards the end.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: April 15, 2021, 01:08:07 pm »
Went to 'Dereks' that's just opened a few weeks ago on Allerton Road. Small sandwich place. Sandwiches are excellent but limited menu (5 currently) and I thought the price was steep at 8 pounds a sandwich- they may well struggle when restaurants re-open fully with those prices.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4004 on: April 15, 2021, 01:08:43 pm »
Went to 'Dereks' that's just opened a few weeks ago on Allerton Road. Small sandwich place. Sandwiches are excellent but limited menu (5 currently) and I thought the price was steep at 8 pounds a sandwich- they may well struggle when restaurants re-open fully with those prices.

8 frigging quid for a sandwich?! What do they put in them?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4005 on: April 15, 2021, 01:13:59 pm »
8 frigging quid for a sandwich?! What do they put in them?

I had a pastrami cheese and pickles one - it was delicious but I would expect a larger amount for that - or they could throw in some crisps and a drink.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt as they're a new small business looking to make it in a pandemic. They may change their prices eventually.

The ques for it have been big though so seems the price isn't putting people off!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4006 on: April 15, 2021, 01:21:30 pm »
£8? Christ.

I love a good sandwich but for that I'd be hoping for something huge and filled to the brim with top quality items.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #4007 on: April 15, 2021, 01:56:07 pm »

No way would I be paying £8 for a sandwich on Allerton Road when you can get yourself down to the Allerton Road Butchers and have a £5 baguette of pure deliciousness.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #4008 on: April 15, 2021, 11:23:18 pm »
No way would I be paying £8 for a sandwich on Allerton Road when you can get yourself down to the Allerton Road Butchers and have a £5 baguette of pure deliciousness.

They haven't done them for over a year now, hopefully they'll be back soon.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #4009 on: April 23, 2021, 03:31:45 pm »
What the hell are Chris's playing at? Jesus. :no

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4010 on: April 24, 2021, 09:20:55 am »
What the hell are Chris's playing at? Jesus. :no

What's happened?

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4011 on: April 24, 2021, 12:04:13 pm »
What's happened?

Two fish got battered.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #4012 on: April 24, 2021, 08:17:45 pm »
Two fish got battered.

:D

It's been closed for renovations for, what, almost a year now or something? :(

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4013 on: April 24, 2021, 10:02:12 pm »
:D

It's been closed for renovations for, what, almost a year now or something? :(

Who's Chris??? :D

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #4014 on: April 30, 2021, 08:52:55 pm »
The Refinery on Hope Street is very good.  Great food, cocktails, Camden Hells on draught and brilliant staff.

They had about 100 people seated outside last Saturday, with canopies, heaters and blankets.  The inside is probably even better.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4015 on: April 30, 2021, 09:40:54 pm »
Love the refinery. The vibe up Hope Street is alot better than the centre of town.

Refinery, The Phil, Fly In the loaf. Then a bit further up the pen factory.

Was booked in to Free State Kitchen on Bank holiday Monday but they have been forced to close due to the expected rain.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #4016 on: May 23, 2021, 12:21:49 am »
Nah, its the best by a mile and has been for a very long time...their Sheftalia/Afelia combo with feta salad / hot slipper bread / rice n roasties / large bowl of tahini - is possibly my favourite meal of all time....and the flavours, standards, service and atmos have never changed in all the years i've been visiting it.....marvellous restaurant

fkn starvin now!

Zorba's when I've been for quality i shockingly bad. Worst in city centre by a mile.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4017 on: May 23, 2021, 12:49:10 am »
Mamasan last night. It had opened on the Weds for a soft launch and the Fri was the first proper night. You wouldn’t have thought so though as the service was up there with some of the best places I’ve been to in the city.

The cocktail menu is fantastic. We got there about 45 mins before our table and had a couple each (I say that, I had a couple of beers and the gf had a few cocktails). They looked great and she raved about them.

We got a half dozen oysters to begin with (I mean mostly as not many places do them) and they were genuinely amazing. The citrus salsa with them was great.

Then for starters I had the lobster and king prawn toast the my gf had the pulled pork and pate. I’d honestly say mine was a bit of a disappointment. It was covered in wayyyy too many black sesame seeds which totally overpowered the dish and you really couldn’t taste the lobster or king prawn which was what you were paying for really. The pork starter though was amazing.

For mains I got a massaman curry with beef short rib, and my gf got a monkfish and king prawn curry. I can honestly say it was easily the best massaman I’ve ever had. As did my gf and she has had a hell of a lot more of them than me. The beef was just melt in your mouth amazing. Her main was nice but maybe a tad short of monkfish portion size for the cost of it (£22). So tasty though. We got sides of mushroom and bone marrow rice (lovely) and Thai loaded fries (fucking amazing).

Drinks wise we got a bottle of wine, and a few more beers / gins between us and all was great.

It’s really not cheap. In fact it’s prob the most expensive meal we’ve had together at just shy of £180 for the two of us. It was very good though. I’d massively recommend the massaman (have it with the fries) but prob stay away from the lobster prawn toast.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 12:50:55 am by Craig 🤔 »

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: May 23, 2021, 11:27:34 pm »
Went for a meal in Berrington's last night and it was easily one of the best meals I've ever had in Liverpool.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #4019 on: May 24, 2021, 12:54:35 pm »
Quick shout for Rudys pizza on Castle Street. Hadn't eaten out in ages and popped in for lunch with the family. Great value, superb food, with pizza bases that were frankly superb. Loved the 'street eat' vibes around Castle Street as well.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4020 on: May 24, 2021, 01:33:47 pm »
Went to Maluco on Saturday night whilst up for the match their pizzas are excellent! Pizza's seem pricey on the menu but they are massive and you can easily share one between two people

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4021 on: May 24, 2021, 01:37:00 pm »
Both those two above are good pizza places. Rudy's has your more standard toppings but like some of the more strange ones at Maluco.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4022 on: May 24, 2021, 04:23:45 pm »

Cheers for taking the time there Craig. Sounds right up our alley, I'll keep it in mind to book for a special occasion meal, because like you say, not far off £200 for one meal out is pretty pricey.

Sounds top stuff though, mouth legitimately started to water a bit when you mentioned the curries.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4023 on: May 24, 2021, 04:55:56 pm »
The Turkish Anar on Aigburth Road didn’t make it through the pandemic which is sad as I always found it excellent but as of next week it is another Greek restaurant for Christakis, which I am also very fond of.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #4024 on: May 24, 2021, 06:55:28 pm »
Went to Maluco on Saturday night whilst up for the match their pizzas are excellent! Pizza's seem pricey on the menu but they are massive and you can easily share one between two people

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/dead-mouse-filthy-kitchen-sees-20655433

Hope you didn't get the mouse shit starter!

Didn't Till own this gaff at one point?

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #4025 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:27 pm »
Not wanting to put a downer on the visit you enjoyed but it has only just been hit with a massive fine for mice.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4026 on: May 24, 2021, 09:21:19 pm »
The Turkish Anar on Aigburth Road didn’t make it through the pandemic which is sad as I always found it excellent but as of next week it is another Greek restaurant for Christakis, which I am also very fond of.

Gustum on Rose Lane is a decent Turkish in the area if you're on the lookout for one.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: May 25, 2021, 04:24:45 pm »
Gustum on Rose Lane is a decent Turkish in the area if you're on the lookout for one.

Been meaning to try it for ages. Cheers for the recommendation.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #4028 on: May 26, 2021, 10:18:50 am »

Oooooh dear.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4029 on: May 26, 2021, 10:37:49 am »
Off to Wreckfish today - first meal out since September.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4030 on: May 26, 2021, 10:45:50 am »
I found the rat droppings added to the flavour at Maluco  ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: May 26, 2021, 02:22:52 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/dead-mouse-filthy-kitchen-sees-20655433

Hope you didn't get the mouse shit starter!

Didn't Till own this gaff at one point?
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Found it sloppy as fuck when I went there. Slow service and staff more interested in chatting to their mates/workmen than doing their jobs.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4032 on: May 26, 2021, 02:45:43 pm »
Slow service and staff more interested in chatting to their mates/workmen than doing their jobs.

This was def my experience when it first opened. We didn't go back for quite a while, actually last summer during eat out to help out as it was the only place on Castle St we could get into last minute, and it was much much better.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4033 on: May 26, 2021, 03:13:42 pm »
Speke has only just got Deliveroo, delighted that Crust is on it though so can get a decent pizza delivered!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4034 on: May 26, 2021, 09:48:36 pm »
Speke has only just got Deliveroo, delighted that Crust is on it though so can get a decent pizza delivered!

Can’t imagine the type of pizzas places like Crust make would travel very well though

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: May 27, 2021, 11:17:14 am »
Can’t imagine the type of pizzas places like Crust make would travel very well though

Yep - I love Crust but I've had a delivery pizza from there and by the time it's got here it was just completely soggy, wouldn't recommend.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4036 on: May 27, 2021, 11:29:36 am »
I found the rat droppings added to the flavour at Maluco  ;D

;D

It tasted nice and I survived which seems like a bonus now ;D

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4037 on: May 27, 2021, 12:03:26 pm »
Yep - I love Crust but I've had a delivery pizza from there and by the time it's got here it was just completely soggy, wouldn't recommend.

Yep. Pizzas like there and Rudys need to be fresh off the stone. We bought one of those Ooni pizza ovens recently, wouldn’t mind using it to cook up one of the ‘from home’ style pizzas from those places

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4038 on: May 27, 2021, 12:04:35 pm »

It did surprisingly well. It's only about a 10 minute journey and is far better than Dominoes and all them when it arrives.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4039 on: May 27, 2021, 12:05:11 pm »
I've had a delivery from Rudys before and it was great (other than they forgot my beers).