Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Half time.....  (Read 202794 times)

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #760 on: February 5, 2012, 05:00:14 am »
It doesn't matter what was written or said in the fans' forums. So what? Who the fuck cares? In my view, Spurs remain our bogey team during Kenny's second reign and it'll be great if we beat them convincingly. Actually, I don't care. A one-goal cushion is enough.

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #761 on: February 5, 2012, 06:21:49 am »
A scrappy, anti-Spurs, dogged, dirty and 'fuck your pretty football' type of win would do nicely. Would wind them up no end.
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: February 5, 2012, 07:32:16 am »
17 pages?

:lmao That's a cracking post mate.

At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: February 5, 2012, 07:49:47 am »
Carroll to score the winner off his right bollock in the 89th minute after Spurs have shown us their fancy flowing football, something Anfield has never seen before. Brave brave Scott Parker to lose an arm and a leg in a tangle in the box but still managing after a bit of bent over huffing, puffing and pulling of faces to get up and play on. Brave.

We can forever look back on the day that we beat this juggernaut of the modern game that is Spurs.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #764 on: February 5, 2012, 07:54:45 am »
i would just like to thank dutchred for going into the spurs forum and appologising on my behalf.

i personally think each and everyone of us should go onto everyclubs fans forums(all of them)and appologise for being racists,we should really be ashamed of ourselves that it has taken a 16 year old kid from holland to show us our wicked ways.

i for 1 am going to be eternally grateful to the lad

:o

why the fuck has he gone on to the spuds forum to appologise?,what the fuck for?,we had 2 (alleged) racist fans arrested,they had a whole crowd singing/chanting racist shite towards adebayor and campbell.they would be the last lot that i would or expect anybody to appologise to

:no

Offline Jeffe

• Anny Roader
« Reply #765 on: February 5, 2012, 08:27:34 am »
Never thought any set of fans could be that delusional. Honestly, I don't think I've seen fans as delusional as the ones in that Spurs forum.

Offline swampy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #766 on: February 5, 2012, 08:56:28 am »
Just because I haven't seen it listed yet.
Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique
           Spearing Henderson
Maxi.            Gerrard.          Bellamy
                      Luis

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #767 on: February 5, 2012, 09:05:39 am »
He's a nice kid on here who's sometimes too nice. And has been elected to speak up on the whole forums behalf. But me, and a few other posters, clearly missed the election.

Oh....right. ???

Thanks

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: February 5, 2012, 09:11:08 am »
Carroll to score the winner off his right bollock in the 89th minute after Spurs have shown us their fancy flowing football, something Anfield has never seen before. Brave brave Scott Parker to lose an arm and a leg in a tangle in the box but still managing after a bit of bent over huffing, puffing and pulling of faces to get up and play on. Brave.

We can forever look back on the day that we beat this juggernaut of the modern game that is Spurs.
I wonder how many fouls "brave Scott Parker" has committed per booking this season compared to "the runt Craig Bellamy" who seems to get booked every time he makes a tackle.

My prediction is that Parker will spend the entire evening committing fouls but not getting booked because he's an honest player before being given Man of the Match.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: February 5, 2012, 09:12:09 am »
Reckon this will go ahead.  The snow has stopped falling and the talk is of cold weather but no further snow for the next week.

Can't wait... especially to see Suarez back in the shirt.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #770 on: February 5, 2012, 09:13:58 am »
Clark Carlisle and Jason Roberts currently tweeting about Dutch Red....is there no end to this?
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #771 on: February 5, 2012, 09:15:46 am »
Reckon this will go ahead.  The snow has stopped falling and the talk is of cold weather but no further snow for the next week.

It hasn't snowed at all in Liverpool...match is in no danger whatsoever

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Gitsy606

• Anny Roader
« Reply #772 on: February 5, 2012, 09:18:13 am »
Madness.

Decent side who have had a good run, with some very good players but European elite? F*ck off :wanker

There average league finish in the last 10 years is 8th, they have won 1 League cup and been in a Champions League quarter final.

Our average finish over 10 years is 4th , we have won a Champions League, been in another final, won 2 FA cups, a League Cup, a Uefa Cup.

They dont own Adebayour, Modric could look to leave again in the summer and if a bid comes in for Bale would they be able to hang onto him?

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #773 on: February 5, 2012, 09:23:51 am »
Who the fuck is Dutch Red? What has he done or not done?

The aquaduct?
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #774 on: February 5, 2012, 09:26:33 am »
It doesn't matter what was written or said in the fans' forums. So what? Who the fuck cares? In my view, Spurs remain our bogey team during Kenny's second reign and it'll be great if we beat them convincingly. Actually, I don't care. A one-goal cushion is enough.

We've only played them twice and one of those games we had 9 men.  Admittedly, we've lost both and Spurs have been the better team in both. Not sure it can constitute a bogey team?

If we don't give the ref the opportunity to give them a silly decision, the Luis and earlier Spurs match this season will lift us to the level we should play at.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: February 5, 2012, 09:30:21 am »
We've only played them twice and one of those games we had 9 men.  Admittedly, we've lost both and Spurs have been the better team in both. Not sure it can constitute a bogey team?

If we don't give the ref the opportunity to give them a silly decision, the Luis and earlier Spurs match this season will lift us to the level we should play at.
They also got a massive deflection and a really soft pen at Anfield last season. Let's not worry too much about Spurs and just get in their faces.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: February 5, 2012, 09:30:31 am »
It hasn't snowed at all in Liverpool...match is in no danger whatsoever

Yeah, was thinking more about the Spurs players getting there and the travelling fans.  Roads are pretty treacherous today.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: February 5, 2012, 09:31:24 am »
Clark Carlisle and Jason Roberts currently tweeting about Dutch Red....is there no end to this?
Please tell me that is a joke.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #778 on: February 5, 2012, 09:34:32 am »
Roads around the ground are as clear as a spring day...

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: February 5, 2012, 09:36:07 am »
Yeah, was thinking more about the Spurs players getting there and the travelling fans.  Roads are pretty treacherous today.
Trains will be fine and if their fans can't get there - bad luck. It's only in jeopardy if the area around Anfield is treacherous like it was the other year for these too I think.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #780 on: February 5, 2012, 09:39:51 am »
Dutch red, the fuck you playing at? Iv spent a couple of hours going through that thread getting more and more wound up and then you go and apologise for our behaviour? after the shite in that thread about us? seriously?

Not apolosiging this is. Just tried to point out that people shouldn't generalize. Not all Liverpool supporters are glory hunters though we have the odd glory hunter in the fanbase. Not all Spurs fans are racists though the odd Spurs fan does shout racist abuse. No need for that much disrespect and hatred for our(or their) club.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: February 5, 2012, 09:44:12 am »
Not apolosiging this is. Just tried to point out that people shouldn't generalize. Not all Liverpool supporters are glory hunters though we have the odd glory hunter in the fanbase. Not all Spurs fans are racists though the odd Spurs fan does shout racist abuse. No need for that much disrespect and hatred for our(or their) club.
Please don't be apologising for me or anyone I know who goes to the game mate. It's not your place to do that and all you do is give more scraps for the vultures to feed off.

Better to point out the facts.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #782 on: February 5, 2012, 09:47:56 am »

I've sifted back through the last 6 or 7 pages. Does anyone have a link to what this Dutch Red lad has said or done?

As for these two clowns? Clarke Carlisle. Better known for his IQ than footballing ability. Desperate to hold on to the threads limelight. Assuming common sense and the ability to read don't come into his bulging knowledge.

I'm sure he's a clever lad and I understand and accept that he (rightly) feels so strongly about racism. But if he is so clever, he needs to read the the 115 page report. I don't profess to having Clarke's intellectual 'powers' but I can see the obvious flaws in the mannerism the FA structured this case.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: February 5, 2012, 09:48:36 am »
Please don't be apologising for me or anyone I know who goes to the game mate. It's not your place to do that and all you do is give more scraps for the vultures to feed off.

Or just tell them to go fuck themselves.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #784 on: February 5, 2012, 09:49:37 am »

I didn't. The only thing I said is that people shouldn't pay much attention to the small minority of people on the Internet, mostly RAWK, questioning everybody connected to Liverpool after one defeat(like shouting 'Kenny out' or such stuff) and shouldn't let those people affect their view on Liverpool. Or any team for that matter.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #785 on: February 5, 2012, 09:50:15 am »

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #786 on: February 5, 2012, 09:51:31 am »
They also got a massive deflection and a really soft pen at Anfield last season. Let's not worry too much about Spurs and just get in their faces.

Totally.

Anfield will be bouncing tomorrow.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: February 5, 2012, 09:58:02 am »
I didn't. The only thing I said is that people shouldn't pay much attention to the small minority of people on the Internet, mostly RAWK, questioning everybody connected to Liverpool after one defeat(like shouting 'Kenny out' or such stuff) and shouldn't let those people affect their view on Liverpool. Or any team for that matter.
If I am mistaken I apologise because I don't go on other side's forums and so haven't read your comments. I understood you had apologised for the (alleged) racist actions of our support.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #788 on: February 5, 2012, 10:01:19 am »
How would a combined Spurs / LFC team look...? Probably more reds than whites.

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker
Skrtel > Kaboul
Agger > King
Enrique > Assou-Ekoto
Lucas > Sandro/Parker
Downing < Bale
Adam < Modric
Gerrard > VDV
Kuyt <> Lennon
Suarez > Any of their forward options

Not sure how relevant this is?

On paper, Man City are miles ahead of United on player v player. Not so in the league though. Thought the same us v United in '09 - we didn't win the league though. Ditto Milan vs us in '05.

I understand the analysis to say on paper we could be better than Spurs but it's how it all falls together as a team. Spurs have been doing very well. We've been developing.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #789 on: February 5, 2012, 10:01:22 am »
If I am mistaken I apologise because I don't go on other side's forums and so haven't read your comments. I understood you had apologised for the (alleged) racist actions of our support.

Bollocks.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #790 on: February 5, 2012, 10:01:54 am »
Posted on the wrong thread. We do have to worry about their midfield but we can still get at them:
We can't let their midfield run riot but we can turn defence into attack quickyly

spearing

kuyt        gerrard  adam      bellamy

suarez

Stevie to hang back in favour of Adam for this one and 2 terriers on the wings when we haven't got the ball .  I can't fit  Hendo in(boy against men)

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: February 5, 2012, 10:02:15 am »

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #792 on: February 5, 2012, 10:02:57 am »

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: February 5, 2012, 10:15:49 am »
We really shouldn't underestimate the influence Modric has on this team. Last season, at Anfield, the lad ran the game. Every time I've seen him play since the September window closed he has been dominating. I don't think Spearing can handle him on his own. I'd go with Jay and Henderson in the middle. The middle three of Modric, Parker & Van Der Vaart is one of the best in the league, which is probably why they are challenging for the title. The solution for me would be Spearing, Henderson & Gerrard. Jordan and Jay need to put, close to, their best performance for the club.

My Team;

Reina
Johnson.        Skrtel.  Agger.        Enrique.
              Henderson. Spearing.
                        Gerrard.
Suarez.                                      Bellamy.
                         Carroll.

Doni
Kelly
Carragher
Adam
Downing
Maxi
Kuyt

Carroll was superb for twenty minutes against Wolves, close to unplayable. Think we need to accept that we will have to play more direct football with him in the team. I fancy big Andy giving who ever they play problems. Also, Luis. Is. Back.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #794 on: February 5, 2012, 10:16:43 am »
i would just like to thank dutchred for going into the spurs forum and appologising on my behalf.

i personally think each and everyone of us should go onto everyclubs fans forums(all of them)and appologise for being racists,we should really be ashamed of ourselves that it has taken a 16 year old kid from holland to show us our wicked ways.

i for 1 am going to be eternally grateful to the lad

:o

why the fuck has he gone on to the spuds forum to appologise?,what the fuck for?,we had 2 (alleged) racist fans arrested,they had a whole crowd singing/chanting racist shite towards adebayor and campbell.they would be the last lot that i would or expect anybody to appologise to

:no

I think you have answered your own question. He's a 16 year old lad.

I'm slowly putting the pieces of the DutchRed puzzle together. He's made a mistake as a) I'm not sure either of the two chaps charged with racial behaviour have been found guilty yet; b) ask Sol Campbell and Adebayor on Spurs' 'welcome to all' chanting and c) there is agenda driven snipers like Clarke Carlisle out there ready to pounce on every opportunity.

Hopefully he's learned a lesson and this thread can return to Liverpool vs Spurs.

EDIT: Ignore. DutchRed is not a Spurs apologist!
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 10:20:40 am by Torpedo Tommy »

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #795 on: February 5, 2012, 10:17:48 am »

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #796 on: February 5, 2012, 10:33:54 am »
That thread is going to come back and bite them in the ass though ;D

If we win on Monday, which I half expect and is expected of us anyway, I can see Arsenal and LFC fans going on there in droves and having a right laugh at 'em.
Few seasons from now, we're all going to look back on that thread and guess who's going to feel like right tits? Hahaha

They never learn, do they. In the past, clubs like Leeds, Blackburn and Newcastle have all tried to "dislodge" us, yet we always prevail, because we fall back on the thing that they don't seem to find value in- our "History". If it weren't for us remembering and applying the wisdom of Shankly and our past managers as well as holding onto and applying the experience we've gathered over all these years, we would've been out of competition long ago. As Kenny says- we do things the way we have been taught, we don't know any other.

Yet- we're still here.
I'm going to laugh at them after Monday night. I don't like going over to another clubs fan-forum, but in this case, I won't have any complaints against anyone who would want to gloat in the future. I can see Arsenal, just waiting to pounce on them(I think I've seen a "Let's laugh at the Spuds" forum on theirs once.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 10:41:56 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: February 5, 2012, 10:37:01 am »
They're deluded, just ignore them, they'll be shite again before you know it.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #798 on: February 5, 2012, 10:42:50 am »
That thread is going to come back and bite them in the ass though ;D

If we win on Monday, which I half expect and is expected of us anyway, I can see Arsenal and LFC fans going on there in droves and having a right laugh at 'em.
Few seasons from now, we're all going to look back on that thread and guess who's going to feel like right tits? Hahaha

They never learn, do they. In the past, clubs like Leeds, Blackburn and Newcastle have all tried to "dislodge" us, yet we always prevail, because we fall back on the thing that they don't seem to find value in- our "History". If it weren't for us remembering and applying the wisdom of Shankly and our past managers as well as holding onto and applying the experience we've gathered over all these years, we would've been out of competition long ago.

Yet- we're still here.
I'm going to laugh at them after Monday night. I don't like going over to a rivals fansite, but in this case, I won't have any complaints against anyone who would want to gloat in the future. I can see Arsenal, just waiting to pounce on them(I think I've seen a "Let's laugh at the Spuds" forum on theirs once.
Was just saying this to my 2 sons. Whatever they throw at us - Hicks and Gillette , Roy Hodgson,
stitched up racism charges - they will never beat us - it's a spirit engrained since Shankly - we
will prevail by sheer force of will - and it's global - nobody else gets it.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #799 on: February 5, 2012, 10:53:10 am »
Was just saying this to my 2 sons. Whatever they throw at us - Hicks and Gillette , Roy Hodgson,
stitched up racism charges - they will never beat us - it's a spirit engrained since Shankly - we
will prevail by sheer force of will - and it's global - nobody else gets it.

Right mate. I feel good for them enjoying a fortunate run, but it's the arrogance that gets me. Anyway, it'll most likely end soon and when it does, it will not be pretty. It'll be all tears and snot- haha!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist