Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 105910 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #1200 on: May 5, 2024, 07:29:50 pm »
Son bamboozled everyone we had on the pitch - some of them several times.

Quansah was and is a fabulous player.

He is a young kid who has done very well but he is getting exposed week in week out.

Posters are ignoring it. He was poor for the two goals against West Ham and today he couldn't cope with Richarlison's movement. It is perfectly natural for young players to get done by more experienced players. The worry though is that people are pretending it isn't happening.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1201 on: May 5, 2024, 07:31:50 pm »
He is a young kid who has done very well but he is getting exposed week in week out.

Posters are ignoring it. He was poor for the two goals against West Ham and today he couldn't cope with Richarlison's movement. It is perfectly natural for young players to get done by more experienced players. The worry though is that people are pretending it isn't happening.

You’re right clearly a big talent but strange Gomez doesn’t get more of a chance as a CB.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1202 on: May 5, 2024, 07:39:47 pm »
Perhaps you’re watching more closely from me, but I don’t see him doing things wrong as regularly as you. Can’t have helped how we’ve played recently.
But I think we can be too critical of defenders. They can’t win every dual, otherwise football would be pretty dull. He’s up against some of the best attacking talent in the world every week. You may well have a point in part but I don’t think he gets as much wrong as you seem to be implying
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1203 on: May 5, 2024, 07:53:26 pm »
Dribbled out of trouble a couple of times in the first half and then followed it up with a clipped pass over distance. Pretty special talent to have the confidence and ability to do that. He’ll make the odd mistake and get beaten sometimes, he’s still a kid. But he seems to be a calm character and I’m sure he’s learning by every game. He could save us millions in the transfer market. To have a homegrown talent more than capable of starting big games for us is amazing.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1204 on: May 5, 2024, 07:58:58 pm »
Dribbled out of trouble a couple of times in the first half and then followed it up with a clipped pass over distance. Pretty special talent to have the confidence and ability to do that. He’ll make the odd mistake and get beaten sometimes, he’s still a kid. But he seems to be a calm character and I’m sure he’s learning by every game. He could save us millions in the transfer market. To have a homegrown talent more than capable of starting big games for us is amazing.

As you say he is really calm on the ball and is really good when he can get on the front foot and anticipate things. He just needs to improve his decision making and his concentration. Exactly what you would expect from someone of his age and with his level of experience.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1205 on: May 5, 2024, 08:02:30 pm »
You’re right clearly a big talent but strange Gomez doesn’t get more of a chance as a CB.
Klopp knows exactly what he's doing.

Like Trent 17/18 he sees a kid with a world-class potential and goes out of his way to invest some vital minutes in him in a vital stage of his development. He doesn't do this for any young player.

Due to this game time given this season JQ will go into next season with a lot more confidence trying to bridge the gap even more with Ibou.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: May 5, 2024, 08:31:47 pm »
He’s keeping Konate out of the team, so must be doing something well.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1207 on: May 5, 2024, 08:32:27 pm »
Rumours he's about to get a new contract, he certainly has earned it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1208 on: May 5, 2024, 08:34:17 pm »

Often by his team mates. Look how often Konate has been left exposed lately.

We ask too much of our centre backs. Quansah has still dug us out of trouble a lot.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1209 on: May 6, 2024, 06:23:28 am »
Scary to think that he will seemingly be our second best defender next season if Matip is off... Fully capable kid, but he's still a kid. we shouldn't run him into the ground and burn him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1210 on: May 6, 2024, 09:30:51 am »
He was bloody brilliant yesterday. Had Son in his pocket until the whole team decided to put the cue on the rack and stopped playing.

Currently, he's ahead of Konate in the pecking order for me.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1211 on: May 6, 2024, 11:06:23 am »
As you say he is really calm on the ball and is really good when he can get on the front foot and anticipate things. He just needs to improve his decision making and his concentration. Exactly what you would expect from someone of his age and with his level of experience.

Don’t mean this to sound arsey, as it’s an interesting debate. Think Yorky was a centre back in his pomp so maybe he’d know…but do you think it’s easier to take a blocker kind of centre back and develop their ability on the ball, or take a ball playing centre back and teach them how to be in the right place at the right time more often.

I imagine the ball players are a rarer breed but don’t really know.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1212 on: May 6, 2024, 11:40:08 am »
Really good Quansah performance yesterday. Mad to think he's played more in all competitions (and the league) than Konate did after we paid big money for him.

If you can get Konate on the pitch he'd partner Van Dijk for me but no reason to take Quansah out in the last couple. In fact I'd have liked to have finally seen Gomez play centre half too in case it's something the new manager wants to take a look at.

Rumours he's about to get a new contract, he certainly has earned it.

Pretty sure he's already been given one earlier in the season?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #1213 on: May 6, 2024, 11:40:43 am »
Don’t mean this to sound arsey, as it’s an interesting debate. Think Yorky was a centre back in his pomp so maybe he’d know…but do you think it’s easier to take a blocker kind of centre back and develop their ability on the ball, or take a ball playing centre back and teach them how to be in the right place at the right time more often.

I'd definitely say the ball player. I mean Carragher (extreme example) was never going to become a ball playing defender.
Quansah is already looking pretty solid with very little experience in a leaky team playing against the some of the best forwards in the world.  Looks insanely calm too.  Massive plus for the new manager.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: May 6, 2024, 11:59:44 am »
Tremendous talent. You can't buy the class and composure this young fella has shown. Any progressive coach will be wanting to give him games on the back of what he's done this season.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1215 on: May 6, 2024, 01:05:05 pm »
Was really really good on vs one against Son. Let’s hope he keeps improving
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #1216 on: May 6, 2024, 03:07:40 pm »

I'd definitely say the ball player. I mean Carragher (extreme example) was never going to become a ball playing defender.
Quansah is already looking pretty solid with very little experience in a leaky team playing against the some of the best forwards in the world.  Looks insanely calm too.  Massive plus for the new manager.

Most surprising thing about his game was seeing his got that ability to stride out and play a pass.

One more CB that compete and we'll have a good group going forward.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: May 6, 2024, 06:07:46 pm »
Getting better and better, he's going to save us a lot of money.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1218 on: May 6, 2024, 06:19:34 pm »
This bloke has a lot of potential. I'm amazed by him actually. Centre backs don't usually gain genuine composure until they have a few seasons under their belt, but Quansah has it already. It helps playing alongside the best centre back in the world of course. But Van Dijk, for all his gifts, cannot teach courage.

Yesterday was another top class performance by Liverpool's break-out player of 2023-24. In the first half alone he broke Tottenham's lines three times by carrying the ball forward. Matip would have been proud of that. And not once did Quansah look flustered when he did it.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: May 6, 2024, 06:25:28 pm »
Will be regarded as world class in a few years, has the confidence to bring the ball forward which adds much more to a centre halves game. I remember the match when Alan Hansen first done it..

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: Today at 07:08:34 am »
Centre-backs aged 21 and less (1000+ mins) with the highest percentage of defensive duels won in Europe's top 5 leagues this season by Wyscout:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Jarell Quansah - 78,6%
🇲🇦Chadi Riad - 77,7%
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Jarrad Branthwaite - 76%
🇪🇸Cristhian Mosquera - 75,6%
🇫🇷Maxime Estève - 71,9%
🇫🇷Castello Lukeba - 71,8%
🇫🇷Leny Yoro - 70,8%
🇪🇸Pau Cubarsí - 70,8%
🇷🇴Radu Drăgușin - 70,3%
🇨🇮Abakar Sylla - 67,3%
🇪🇸Rafa Marín - 67,2%

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1221 on: Today at 08:20:49 am »
Centre-backs aged 21 and less (1000+ mins) with the highest percentage of defensive duels won in Europe's top 5 leagues this season by Wyscout:

🇲🇦Chadi Riad - 77,7%
🇫🇷Maxime Estève - 71,9%
🇫🇷Leny Yoro - 70,8%
🇪🇸Pau Cubarsí - 70,8%
🇷🇴Radu Drăgușin - 70,3%
🇨🇮Abakar Sylla - 67,3%
🇪🇸Rafa Marín - 67,2%

So his English compatriot the highly rate  Branthwaite has pretty similar figures but plays in a low block team, hence won’t be inviting counter attacks as we do.

He’s been a revelation but with the imperfections you’d expect from a young CB.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: Today at 08:51:33 am »

🇲🇦Chadi Riad - 77,7%
🇫🇷Maxime Estève - 71,9%
🇫🇷Leny Yoro - 70,8%
🇪🇸Pau Cubarsí - 70,8%
🇷🇴Radu Drăgușin - 70,3%
🇨🇮Abakar Sylla - 67,3%
🇪🇸Rafa Marín - 67,2%
Wyscout Duel Defection  not what I use for metrics. It off what everybody else uses for Duels

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: Today at 08:53:25 am »
Wyscout Duel Defection  not what I use for metrics. It off what everybody else uses for Duels

What does your metrics show out of interest?

Quansah shows up really well on fbref as well

https://fbref.com/en/players/4125cb98/Jarell-Quansah

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: Today at 09:00:27 am »
What does your metrics show out of interest?

Quansah shows up really well on fbref as well

https://fbref.com/en/players/4125cb98/Jarell-Quansah
Tackle%, Aerials duel%. Progressive passes. Interceptions possession adjusted(Still can be funky but helps normalize when it can be low volume for high possesion team also not as public).
His Numbers are good but Wyscout Duel definitions are not good. Like basically if u tackle somebody dribbling that considered a duel which is just off what everybody else does.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: Today at 09:26:01 am »
Tackle%, Aerials duel%. Progressive passes. Interceptions possession adjusted(Still can be funky but helps normalize when it can be low volume for high possesion team also not as public).
His Numbers are good but Wyscout Duel definitions are not good. Like basically if u tackle somebody dribbling that considered a duel which is just off what everybody else does.

Ok fair enough.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1226 on: Today at 06:37:39 pm »

I think what separates Quansah from the norm is that he is a ball-playing centre-back who is aerially dominant but also has a decent turn of speed. You get plenty of big stoppers who can dominate in the air but tend to either struggle with pace or ball-playing ability. Likewise, you also get smaller more mobile centrebacks who are quick and good on the ball. They tend to be converted full-backs or midfield players.

Quansah has the potential to have all three attributes. We just need to be patient with him as he gains experience and irons out the flaws in his game. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"