Author Topic: [i][/i]REDS Linked to David Dunn..  (Read 1491 times)

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
[i][/i]REDS Linked to David Dunn..
« on: March 8, 2002, 11:36:20 am »
Latest(?) rumour from FTT:

Liverpool Targets David Dunn

Blackburn¡¦s David Dunn is set to stay in the north west, but could be sold to Liverpool for £18m.

The 21-year-old midfielder seems to have impressed Liverpool, who head the queue for Dunn¡¦s services. Caretaker Reds boss Phil ¡§Pinnochio¡¨ Thompson has reportedly contacted former Liverpool legend Graeme Souness about Dunn¡¦s availability.

Blackburn look increasingly likely to beat relegation but even then they may be unable to resist such a lucrative offer for Dunn. Jamie Redknapp is likely to be offered in part exchange.

However, if Souness wants someone else from the Liverpool squad, Gerard Houllier and Thmpson are thought to be ready to listen to offers. Most important to the Reds is the acquisition of Dunn, and to get their man they may be ready to part with virtually anyone.

Seems to be the type that GH would like to bring in and make sense if we are shipping out someone like Redders.  But 18m pounds?  
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline endy

• Boys Pen
  • The creator supreme.
Re: [i][/i]REDS Linked to David Dunn..
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2002, 12:12:11 pm »
Is FTT From The Terraces? How reliable is it? I wouldn'y complain if we got Dunn - he's creative, English and hard-working. Agree that 18m is a bit high though, esp if B/burn go down, surely they'll sell him for less? We always buy high and sell low though!

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2002, 03:29:48 pm »
Jamie Redknapp came though 70 minutes in the reserves this week and played very well... he's Liverpool through and through so I'm not sure I'd like to see him go.

£18m sounds very steep and I expect only a part exchange deal will bring him here... which sets up the somewhat premature "who's leaving in the summer debate". Is Ewood Park a Liverpool retirement home or something?

I like Dunn, think he's class... but where oh where are we going to play him, Stevie G and Didi?

Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2002, 04:21:39 pm »
18m no way
but he is quality
and soooo much better than that impressionist of a footballer smicer.

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2002, 07:13:54 pm »
In my opinion:

Dunn is quality and i would gladly see him a mighty red shirt

He is not worth 18 million

If we have that sort of money and want a sparky english midfielder there is a lad called Cole at West Ham...

If we did get Dunn he can play as a replacement for Stevie / Didi or either side (think he has played on the left alot for B'Burn.

I would probably pay 8 - 10 million or p/ex Diomede,
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.