Author Topic: YOU tributes YOUR ideas YOUR voice de club listens  (Read 2003 times)

Scall

YOU tributes YOUR ideas YOUR voice de club listens
« on: March 5, 2002, 01:47:49 am »
just got back from de OSC meeting at Anfield tonite
De Liverpool Football Club Official Supporters Club Merseyside Branch meeting wuz
held tonite at Anfield 7.30 pm

Following a meeting with Les Lawson de secretary, a formal route for ya tributes,
ideas and views wuz established. This will allow for a consolidated route whether
from a single supporter, this site, ILSA, RAOTL, RAWK any organisation any group
can, if ya are agreeable, submit ya views and feelings via meself, ensuring dat the
OSC will formally submit such supporter group feelings and ideas ta de board for an
official response.

In addition, as previously intimated by PaulR, any topics raised asking fa signatures in
de form of an electronic petition can be included ta support ya suggestion.
The following, previously posted by members of this site are ta be formally submitted
by OSC to de board shortly.

De next stage is ta add ta or re launch MOTTMAN’s post ‘ Buy A brick’ idea ta raise
dosh for de tributes and ideas.

Whether Anfield gets developed or wez move ta Stanley Park, de tributes fa Bob
Paisley, Billy Liddell, enhancements ta de Hillsborough Memorial will get serious
consideration, along with a ‘Hall of Fame for bast managers and players.

The essential point is ta co-ordinate all tributes and ideas via this single route ta get
maximum and united stance soz de club listens and responds. Iz is willing ta be a
sorta go-between ta filter this through de recognised channel, if thah is ok with every1
like. I list below, as posted previously fa ya reference de submission fa de board
response. Hope this is ok with every1. If ya are not happy with this or require an
alternative approach then Iz will accept de majority decision like la.

YNWA

Liverpool Football Club, Official Supports Club, Merseyside Branch meeting:-

Any Other Business:-

Point 1:
Could the committee confirm the agreed procedure for forwarding suggestions from members to the club, and how the club subsequently responds. Would this branch through its members consider suggestions forwarded from non-members, e.g. Independent supporters clubs, web-sites and individuals not having a branch in their geographical area, and if deemed having merit pass on to the club for a response.

Point 2:
It is understood that the club is planning some sort of celebration to welcome back Gerard Houllier from his illness. Is the OSC going to be involved and can members but forward ideas for consideration. Some ideas include another mosaic, providing special flags and invitation to former players to celebrate our first European Cup win twenty-five years ago. Some supporters are looking to run events to raise funds, but lack the knowledge in mounting such an operation. Would the OSC be prepared to offer assistance?

Point 3:
Construct a statue of Bob Paisley, in his honour to be placed next to Bill Shankly’s statue behind the Kop.

Point 4:
Subject to the club obtaining approval to extend the Anfield Road Stand and rebuild the Main Stand, three suggestions are requested to be considered:-

4.1 The Hillsborough memorial be enclosed to protect visitors from the elements. The room could be tastefully decorated, and have seats so such visitors could be with their private thoughts in a quite and pleasant surrounding. The enclosure would also protect and provide a larger area for the many flowers and other gifts left in tribute. Also, a remembrance book be provided for people to sign as a mark of respect and understanding. In addition a book containing written contributions from people who wish to share their experiences, thoughts and memories of the Hillsborough tragedy for others to read . The latter in the form of a loose leaf book to allow for later contributions. An option for these two books to be provided ahead of the proposed developments, and be temporarily housed in the main reception at the back of the Kop Stand.

4.2 Provide a ‘Hall-of Fame’ room dedicated to all the famous past managers and players of the club including waxwork models and information on their careers at Liverpool.

4.3 Re-name the Main Stand the ‘Billy Liddell Stand’ in recognition of his achievements
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
Re: YOU tributes YOUR ideas YOUR voice de club lis
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2002, 06:44:03 pm »
I'll follow your train of thought anywhere along these line Scall.
Left you a msg on the DARK SIDE lfc.tv, hope to see you weekend
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2002, 06:45:17 pm »
ps. WHATS WITH THE RED DEVIL ? are you turning manc on me !!
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2002, 11:56:30 pm »
great ideas and great news.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Tom_Smith

« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2002, 09:41:51 pm »
Great news and i'm sure there will be a lot of positives coming out of this,i think a project to get the type of atmosphere there is in big matches into all matches,i believe this would improve our home form i.e more singing and introducing the songs like liverbird upon my chest,red are comin' up the hill boys and those types of songs to Anfield. Just sitting in the kop row 51 waiting for a classic win against the geordie bastards, on my laptop

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #5 on: March 7, 2002, 09:54:15 pm »
1.Singing section? -see an earlier post of mine
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Denzil

• Anny Roader
  • The king has returned!
« Reply #6 on: March 9, 2002, 12:12:03 pm »
Point 3:
Construct a statue of Bob Paisley, in his honour to be placed next to Bill Shankly’s statue behind the Kop.

best of the lot!!

Tom_Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 9, 2002, 01:49:10 pm »
Reeves i believe the kop should only be for people who are willing to sing throughout any match in full voice a way to secure this would be all season tickets in the kop,my self i haven't got my own season ticket i go every week cos i know people in the ticket office and they get me the same seat evert week.I think if there was to be an all season ticketed kop there would have to be a great amount of honesty from those people who don't sing and if someone was caught not singing it would be up to the other kopites to say something.

Offline Missus

• South coast Sally
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: March 9, 2002, 03:18:54 pm »
Tom whilst I agree that the singing adds immensely to the atmosphere and I join in the singing. I think your idea of an all season ticket Kop where people HAVE to sing or face the consequences smacks of "1984" and some sort of Police State.

People should be allowed the freedom to choose whether they wish to sing or not.

If everyone was forced to sing, would there then be:
1. a correct order to sing songs in,
2. everyone having to sing together in time
3. People having to sing in tune

I personally sing when I want to, where I want to and how I want to.

Tom_Smith

« Reply #9 on: March 9, 2002, 04:12:41 pm »
sos missus i overeacted but it pisses me off :but: :no: