Author Topic: European Cup Final - AC Milan vs. Liverpool - Build up here. D-day  (Read 48040 times)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
Re: This makes me a bit nervous.
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2005, 11:28:34 am »
We know they are good, they know they are good, our players and manager know they are good, but we will be better than them on wednesday ;) :scarf :champ
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2005, 11:36:23 am »
We know they are good, they know they are good, our players and manager know they are good, but we will be better than them on wednesday ;) :scarf :champ

sounds like something rafa would say

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2005, 11:45:31 am »
i know its obvious but we dont get to a final with out facing the best at some stage for me the victory is being here and if we do go on to win it will be ranked as the best since the first.
Liverpool have come a long long way back,and at some stages i didnt think we were going to make it,but we are. The media will jump on us if we loose "punching above their weight","venger was right after all",that type of crap.
So enjoy the night and remember this is the 6th European cup final and that alone is something to be proud of.
And with a little luck,a lot of effort,and bags of skill (and we do have it) we may just be buying spoons galore to send to the media the bitters and the all the bloody loosers so they can eat their humble pie YNWA

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
And with a little luck,a lot of effort,and bags of skill (and we do have it) we may just be buying spoons galore to send to the media the bitters and the all the bloody loosers so they can eat their humble pie YNWA

;D

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
watching the itlalian  pre match press conferences im really getting  pissed off with milans(Ac) and maldinis comments about us being SUCH a defensive team blah blah blah, twats!  :rant
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
There is no doubt about it....we WILL win on Wednesday.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
watching the itlalian  pre match press conferences im really getting  pissed off with milans(Ac) and maldinis comments about us being SUCH a defensive team blah blah blah, twats!  :rant

yeah thats pisses me off too to be honest mare. Like they are never defensive!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 06:20:50 pm by Shanks1965 »
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline whkoh

• Main Stander
Pot calling the kettle black. Whatever.

Suffice to say, neither team would have been in the finals if they weren't tight across the back.

Offline RedKennedy

• Anny Roader
  • Justice For The 96
Do what I do, don't watch it then you won't get pissed off.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I had two separate dreams inside one sleeping session last night...and its going to be Liverpool 3 - Milan 2....FACT. FIN

Offline Mambo

• Main Stander
yeah who the bollocks is it? bit late for announcing it isn't it

I'd put your house on it being Manuel Gonzales from Spain. Will be announced on Monday I think. We had him for the home Olympiakos match.

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan

Its quite clever of the Rossonerri...is it that they want to draw us out...so that we try to prove that we're not defensive at all so they can get in behind us.

I was watching us against Deportivo home, and it was the same against Monaco home, Olympiakos home, Leverkusen home, Juve first half...if thats defensive then cool. Ever heard of the phrase 'attack is the best form of defence'.

I was hoping that Milan would come out and insult us even more, but maybe theyve learnt something from Romario, even Ronadhinho and Emerson....cos Emersons was the best...about Little Luis class goal....he called it a fluke...what a prat!

Rafa has indicated that he has a plan. He wants his players listen to him, and only him. No outside influence please. I think we'll do just fine on Wednesday. We all talk about the mighty Milan...but ever heard of the mighty 'Pool....

....Carra, Hypia, Finnan, Riss, Didi, Stevie G, Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia, Djib Cisse, Milan Baros....

Thats some team that...and i dont think Djimi and Dudek are that bad either.... so come on you Mighty Reds  :)  :scarf  :champ

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
i doubt any of the team are listening to them. God its so refreshing that we have a manager that doesnt listen to and entertain the mindgames, no need to worry.

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
Just under 100 hours to go before kick off...98hours and 15min to be precise....my God its getting mighty exciting.

Come on you Mighty Liverpool :) :scarf :champ

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
98 Hours to Kick Off
The Excitement Builds Apace
:scarf :champ Come on Liverpool :scarf :champ
[/size]

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan
Jeez; we're all acting like those kids in the DisneyWorld ads'

"We're too EXCITEEEDDD!!"

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
Jeez; we're all acting like those kids in the DisneyWorld ads'

"We're too EXCITEEEDDD!!"

wait till you see when the excitement does really kick in. You can actually feel it. The posts here will be incredible in the next few days. But i was just pointing out that its less than 100 hours..thats within touching distance. I bet all of the papers tomorrow will be full of stuff about the final - and rightly so.

The only other English team to have contested a CL final since we were last there is the treble winning man u team. Thats speaks volumes for how well we've done, and against competition that included last years finalists, this years Scudetto winners, this years EPL winners, even Leverkusen were finalists not so long ago...

And now all we have to do is beat Milan, runners up in serie A this year, champions of europe not so long ago...get in there Liverpool.

So, the excitement is justified dont you think?

Offline jiky

• Rafa's monkey shoulder
  • Legacy Fan
  • i think i want to die.someone shoot me
now the real game is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im off to switzerland,baby. Wanna assist?

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan

And now all we have to do is beat Milan, runners up in serie A this year, champions of europe not so long ago...get in there Liverpool.

So, the excitement is justified dont you think?

Yep should be a snap; 2 World Cup winners; 9 or 10 Euro Champs; - one whom is in his  SEVENTH Fuckin Final (and is one of the Wortd's legendary footballers) - ; & the current Euro  Player of the Year:

How can we lose?

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How can we lose?
if they score and we dont ;D
jokin apart,after we beat juve and Chelsea (and not forgetting leverkusen and olympiakos!),i'm not scared of any team now.
we'll do them :)
YNWA
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
I had two separate dreams inside one sleeping session last night...and its going to be Liverpool 3 - Milan 2....FACT. FIN

Cobblers. My Aunty sez we'll win 2-1.  ;D
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Takkie

• Main Stander
i seem to be the only nervous one here. I am scared to death of AC milan. I just hope my heart makes it through the match without giving up.

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan
i seem to be the only nervous one here. I am scared to death of AC milan. I just hope my heart makes it through the match without giving up.

I'm even more schizoid than usual on this one; my head & all logic says LFC have NO chance
And yet; …. Stevie G/Carra/LoueyG/Cisse the Warrior.
WTF knows?
BELEEEEEV!!!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan

BELEEEEEV!!!

Exactly.

No fear. We have a younger side. We have the hungry players. We have beaten quality sides before.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm going to post this here even though I feel it deserves its own thread. If any mod agrees then maybe they can do it instead.

Video previewing the final and let's face it, if that doesn't get you excited then you should just sleep in on Wednesday evening.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan
Exactly.

No fear. We have a younger side. We have the hungry players. We have beaten quality sides before.

UM; with Didi/Dude/Sami, I doubt LFC will be THAT much younger.  And Milan have the nous to pace themselves, in what may prove to be humid conditions. Liverpool by contrast, have struggled to maintain their early frenzy, even on good days.   Xabi may be crucial here if LFC are to keep possession; & make Milan do some of the energy-sapping chasing around

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
UM; with Didi/Dude/Sami, I doubt LFC will be THAT much younger.  And Milan have the nous to pace themselves, in what may prove to be humid conditions. Liverpool by contrast, have struggled to maintain their early frenzy, even on good days.   Xabi may be crucial here if LFC are to keep possession; & make Milan do some of the energy-sapping chasing around

Think this is a good point, we are not (team I mean) flying out there until Monday(?). Is that enough time to get used to the conditions? Milan will be more used to both the conditions and kick off time. ???
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan

Humid conditions? Last report I read said we should expect showers on Wednesday. :(

Don't worry about the age. We'll be younger, quicker and more motivated. :wave

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
I'm going to post this here even though I feel it deserves its own thread. If any mod agrees then maybe they can do it instead.

Video previewing the final and let's face it, if that doesn't get you excited then you should just sleep in on Wednesday evening.

Thats awesome. Does deserve a thread of its own. Maybe we can have a thread 'Previews of the CL Final 2005' or something. I think your video would be most appropriate there. I hope theres more of this kind of stuff in the next few days.

Come on Liverpool :) :scarf :champ

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Quality video! :D

Can't wait to get to the airport. Leaving for Istanbul in a few hours. :wave

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan

You are so lucky. Hope you have a fantastic trip, and a Liverpool win to make it the trip of a life time.

Cant wait to see the photos if i dont get to go myself which is very unlikely :(

Good luck to the Mighty Reds :) :scarf :champ  :wave

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan

Lucky bastard; have a good oner
And I hope you're right about the conditions; we could do with some nice English weather

Offline Matty8

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96
Great video

WE KNOW WE CAN DO THIS

Offline Red1234

• Main Stander
"But we are a totally different side from Juventus"

Yes they are. Juventus are Champions.

:wellin

Offline KOPKING1

• Main Stander
can anybody tell me who are playing please? ::)

Offline radiohead

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
alonso vs pirlo
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2005, 02:01:58 am »
when master meet master..

the best playmakers around...
who ll be coming on top?

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
I've just been reading the in game comments v olympiakos home. I swear its just like being there the first time round. Absolutele class :)

Can Not wait for the final :) :scarf :champ

Offline Bejean

• Anny Roader
Strangely for the 2nd time this season (last was Aston Villa) that i am so confident of us winning this.

Had backed us with a good sized bet :D
Emotional fragility cannot be tolerated if we are to reclaim a place as a domestic power

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
3 days to go, I am a bit nervous of the match itself, but don't feel nothing at the moment, the morning of the Chelea game my stomache was turning, the first time like that for god knows how long, roll on Wednesday
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline codger

• Legacy Fan

Listening to R5 this morning - and the likes of Jeff 'Little Englander' Powell, & ex-'Manc & Milanese Joe Jordan (now there's a really objective observer) - you find the media hacks banging on about "Negative Liverpool , who will inevitably play a counter-attacking game v the mighty attacking Milan"!  (The unspoken last .line of that being; "Just like v my beloved Chelsea/ManU/whoever).

Are these people just wilfully stupid? Do they ever WATCH the fuckin games?  It is by no means certain that Rafa WILL even pick a 4-5-1 formation; and quite possible that Harry Kewell may get the chance to prove all us doubters wrong.  Liverpool are under-dogs; but so would any other side be! - (even Chelsea)  On a purely man-for-man comparison; as  well as on the experience & achievement of the yam as a whole, Milan are the best club side in Europe IMHO.

Rafa's boys may indeed be ill-advised to rise to the bait; and try to chase the game from the off, v opposition who are the TRUE counter-attacking masters - as PSV can testify.  Raffa will haffa plan, which may or may not work on the day.  Had Gudjohnsen not  missed a chance that you would normally expect him to bury,  then it would be Chelsea on Wednesday night, beside the Bosphorus. On such narrow margins do   both success & failure rest.

If the Gods are with us in a City of several faiths, then Liverpool may be victorious. But we have well earned whatever  good fortune has come our way in this year's CL; if Rafa's Luck deserts  him in the Ataturk Stadium - named after another great reformer, who revived  a once-great power - then WTF?

It's been a ride!