Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1068736 times)

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #15160 on: February 27, 2021, 09:50:45 pm »
Just read that Sancho is the youngest player in Bundesliga history to 50 league assists. Wow! That is some achievement.

Youngest and with the fewest number of games - a total of 99 games (not just starts - 7,214 mins total, or just over 80 full games) - and that was despite having a really poor start to the season with no goal and only 5 assists in 900 mins over 11 games  AND a poor last month with 0 goals or assists in 315 mins across the last 5 games.  In fact, according to Transfermarkt, there are only 63 players with more than 50 - and only 36 players or more have 60 or more.  As far as I could tell, Ribery got his 50th in his 104th match, and that was the previous record - there is a very good chance the way Haaland and him are playing he could get close to 60 by the end of the season, which is just ridiculous

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15161 on: February 28, 2021, 12:19:04 pm »
Schalke have sacked their whole coaching staff  ::) 

At this point, they should just save their money and go without a coach till the end of the season, and start over in the summer.

3 games today in the Buli, first one up starting soon is FC Union vs Hoffenheim (the only team who seems to be rivaling us for most injury struck).  They may even have it worse, as they have 10 out now I think, and like us, a lot of their defence has been hit.

Loris Karius starts again for Union.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #15162 on: February 28, 2021, 12:42:15 pm »
Schalke have sacked their whole coaching staff  ::) 

At this point, they should just save their money and go without a coach till the end of the season, and start over in the summer.
Now that's a proper rebuild, one that I think Schalke needed for ages. Get some of their high earners off the books and build on youngsters like Hoppe. Tedesco linked with a return and while his football isn't always nice to watch, he already overachieved with an average squad. The 2nd BuLi should be a piece of cake for them.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15163 on: February 28, 2021, 12:44:49 pm »
Now that's a proper rebuild, one that I think Schalke needed for ages. Get some of their high earners off the books and build on youngsters like Hoppe. Tedesco linked with a return and while his football isn't always nice to watch, he already overachieved with an average squad. The 2nd BuLi should be a piece of cake for them.

yeah not a bad idea with Tedesco if he’d do it for sure, maybe a re-start for both parties!  It’ll be tough getting relegated of course, but they need to start over, and make the most of the chance to do that.

Karius with a nice save there keeping this 1-0 to Union, after Kruse penalty put them ahead.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15164 on: February 28, 2021, 12:51:09 pm »
Union Berlin flying this season, Hertha on the other hand near the bottom.

Glad to see Karius getting some games, hope he can find some vein of form wherever he ultimately ends up. Becoming a regular in the Bundesliga again would be good for him.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15165 on: February 28, 2021, 12:54:12 pm »
Union Berlin flying this season, Hertha on the other hand near the bottom.

Glad to see Karius getting some games, hope he can find some vein of form wherever he ultimately ends up. Becoming a regular in the Bundesliga again would be good for him.

Hertha are just a mess, when you look at the money they are pumping into that team too at the moment, this season is a disaster all round.

So far so good for Karius in this one, that was very good goalie-ing from him there again.

And yep, it’d be nice if he can get some more games now, get his confidence and some form, and then get a contract next season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15166 on: February 28, 2021, 01:00:50 pm »
And hoffehiem equalise, it’s been coming. Very poor defensively by Union there, horrible giveaway, then somehow the defender and Karius and the Bebou all collide as they go for the ball, who knows who actually scored the goal  ;D I think it was Bebou.  A gift really. Hoffenheim have really woken up though, Union a bit ragged at the back.

And it’s 1-1 at half time, Hoffenheim had the better of that half.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:19:39 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15167 on: March 1, 2021, 07:07:23 pm »
It’s the Hamburg derby tonight. I would say this game is up there at the top of the list of ‘....if only there where fans in the stadium’. St Pauli and HSV haaaaaate each other  ;D

Derby’s are often a bit crap of course, but I’ll give it a watch for a while at least and cheer on St. Pauli from a distance.

Ha, that is one hell of a fireworks display going on outside the Millerntor as the teams came out :lmao
« Last Edit: March 1, 2021, 07:31:01 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15168 on: March 2, 2021, 01:29:20 pm »
It’s the Hamburg derby tonight. I would say this game is up there at the top of the list of ‘....if only there where fans in the stadium’. St Pauli and HSV haaaaaate each other  ;D

Derby’s are often a bit crap of course, but I’ll give it a watch for a while at least and cheer on St. Pauli from a distance.

Ha, that is one hell of a fireworks display going on outside the Millerntor as the teams came out :lmao
Hamburg lose the plot at the end, miss the chance to go top and St Pauli have absolutely turned their season around quite remarkably of late. Good to see, always had a soft spot for them.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15169 on: March 2, 2021, 01:33:27 pm »
Hamburg lose the plot at the end, miss the chance to go top and St Pauli have absolutely turned their season around quite remarkably of late. Good to see, always had a soft spot for them.

Yeah very glad they turned it around, things where looking a bit dicey earlier in the season.

Cracking goal to win it too. And then Leibold kicking that guy and getting sent off at the end, a right good bit of handbags preceded it too :lmao

The top of 2. Bundesliga is very intriguing and very tight.

Going to try and watch the DFB Pokal game tonight v’s Dortmund and Gladbach, the Rose Derby!

The other game, Jahn Regensburg vs Werder Bremen, has been postponed due to covid.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15170 on: March 2, 2021, 07:09:25 pm »
Dimitrios Grammozis is Schalke 04’s new coach, the 5th of the season, but he’ll be staying put in the 2.Bundesliga with them too. A coach with much experience of youth teams and he also coached Darmstadt 98 and worked extensively through the age ranges at VfL Bochum.

Clearly been brought in for a youth filled re-build in the 2nd division I would say!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15171 on: March 5, 2021, 09:04:38 pm »
This is one of the worst games I’ve ever seen between 2 of the worst bundesliga sides I can remember.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15172 on: March 6, 2021, 01:37:16 am »
Think their hope is long gone now, but I expected to Schalke to pull it back to be honest, even in that mad winless run. They could easily go down having won no more than 2 games, which would be unthinkable for a Paderborn or some other small side.

Dortmund fans must love it to be honest, even if things aren't going great for them. That's one of the dreams isn't it, them twats going down.

Can't see them staying down for long though, they'll probably be back straight away as I assume their resources are comprehensive in comparison to other 2nd tier sides - Some might have said similar for Hamburg though, even though they seem to be in a constant state of turmoil.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15173 on: March 6, 2021, 04:01:07 am »
So annoying Mainz didn’t win that, they dominated, but they are as shit in front of goal as Liverpool.

Schalke are so unfit, never seen so many players cramping up in one game, how can a team at this level be so badly out of shape, not like they have to play twice a week. So unprofessional.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15174 on: March 6, 2021, 11:10:38 am »
How many are Bayern beating Dortmund by then?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15175 on: March 6, 2021, 12:07:58 pm »
How many are Bayern beating Dortmund by then?

4-1 I reckon.

Not that it makes much difference, but it seems every time they play, Dortmund suddenly loses a couple of their best players - Sancho being one - he’s barely missed a minute for months, then this week - injured.  And also Guerreiro. Ultimately, likely won’t matter.

More interested in the Battle of the Collapses that is on earlier - Bayer Leverkusen vs Borussia Mönchengladbach. Something has to give there - or is it just destined to be a draw?!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15176 on: March 6, 2021, 03:17:34 pm »
Leverkusen-Gladbach game is a bit shit.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15177 on: March 6, 2021, 03:57:45 pm »
Looking like a bit of a champions league lifeline for Dortmund. Frankfurt and Wolfsburg both getting beat with 20 minutes to go. Dortmund will likely lose later but still 10 to play after this round.

Edit: Well, Frankfurt have scored straight away  ::)

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15178 on: March 6, 2021, 04:13:59 pm »
There’s a fair few weird form cycles in the league this season.

Leverkusen look to be at least having a positive one today if they hold on to this lead, after a terrible run. Gladbach’s woes continuing so far.

Dortmund’s form has been far better recently. Leipzig are flying unfortunately.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15179 on: March 6, 2021, 04:25:14 pm »
Big win for Leverkusen that, and much needed, adds a bit more pressure on Dortmund for today too.

Wonder if Gladbach get rid of Marco Rose now, although I guess it’d still cost them a pay-off, so maybe not worth it, but it depends how much they feel they need to qualify for Europa League.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15180 on: March 6, 2021, 04:27:04 pm »
Leipzig going into the Champions League return in good form. Think our quality really did show when it mattered in the first leg, should still be no excuses given the contrasting league form of the sides, and even if it's not a great night in front of goal I'd expect us to get on the board against them given the mistakes they're capable of.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15181 on: March 6, 2021, 04:52:58 pm »
Wow, Bayern - Borussia going to be on ABC here in the states.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15182 on: March 6, 2021, 05:11:41 pm »
Leverkusen-Gladbach game is a bit shit.

As it was Gladbach v Leverkusen you were probably in the wrong stadium. It wasn’t that bad though to be honest. I always enjoy it it when Gladbach loses though, I used to work in the city and their supporters are some gobby twats.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15183 on: March 6, 2021, 05:12:06 pm »
There's earning a red and then there's really earning a red.  Quite the tackle here by the Wolfsburg player.

https://streamable.com/vqesya

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15184 on: March 6, 2021, 05:35:42 pm »
Interesting 0-1 to Dortmund..

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #15185 on: March 6, 2021, 05:37:29 pm »
Bayern have had a drop in form just about as bad as ours from last year it seems but they're healthy enough to still get through it. 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15186 on: March 6, 2021, 05:40:30 pm »
Disgraceful that a manager wears that kind of cap.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15187 on: March 6, 2021, 05:41:42 pm »
0-2 blimey.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15188 on: March 6, 2021, 05:41:42 pm »
Ripped then to shreads, great goal from Dortmund.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15189 on: March 6, 2021, 05:42:08 pm »
Unreal.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15190 on: March 6, 2021, 05:42:16 pm »
Disgraceful that a manager wears that kind of cap.

he’s not a manager to be fair  :P

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15191 on: March 6, 2021, 05:42:40 pm »
Havent seen anything like him before...Drago in football form

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #15192 on: March 6, 2021, 05:48:50 pm »
Haaland is frightening, he's pretty much unplayable and he's only going to get better. A goal scoring machine.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15193 on: March 6, 2021, 05:51:04 pm »
Thought that was Yann Sommer in goal for Dortmund, had to do a double take! Was wondering if I had somehow missed that transfer.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #15194 on: March 6, 2021, 05:51:19 pm »
He really would be the absolute dream signing for us.

more so than MBappe IMO...imagine him as our 9.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15195 on: March 6, 2021, 05:53:01 pm »
Thought that was Yann Sommer in goal for Dortmund, had to do a double take! Was wondering if I had somehow missed that transfer.

Must be a swiss goalie thing, the hairstyle and band  ;D Hitz is significantly taller than Sommer mind.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15196 on: March 6, 2021, 05:53:51 pm »
You'd never bet against Bayern to win it, but I think by their own high standards they'll be disappointed with their season so far, especially after adding the likes of Sane. They went out of the cup early and their defense has looked awful this season given the calibre of some of their players.

I know many will rubbish it, and they are a great side capable of winning the European Cup any given year usually, but I think the one they won in Lisbon was a bit of a shambles, I'm convinced if everything had gone normally they wouldn't have won it, things just went right for them.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #15197 on: March 6, 2021, 05:55:28 pm »
He really would be the absolute dream signing for us.

more so than MBappe IMO...imagine him as our 9.

Nah, Mbappe has way higher ceiling than Haaland. We won't get either tho. Its most likely Mbappe to Real and Haaland to City.
True North Strong

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15198 on: March 6, 2021, 05:56:55 pm »
If City don't win the CL this season, they never will.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #15199 on: March 6, 2021, 05:57:50 pm »
Should’ve  have a go on his own..